Tndeer Logo

Page 2 of 2 <12
Topic Options
#3155006 - 02/07/13 12:47 PM Re: Carry Permit ? [Re: moondawg]
Bowdacious
16 Point

Loc: over here

I almost made that mistake. I was pretty sure I would get a full exam if I did. I started putting it in another spot in my billfold for that reason.

Beware the skillet

#3156088 - 02/08/13 10:47 AM Re: Carry Permit ? [Re: jb3]
TAFKAP
14 Point

Loc: Memphis

Originally Posted By: jb3
Another thread about a carry permit being a government issued id got me thinking. I fly a couple times a year. Can I use a carry permit as my ID when going through the security checkpoint instead of my dl or passport?

Official, state-issued photo ID.

You betcha!

#3156104 - 02/08/13 11:08 AM Re: Carry Permit ? [Re: Bowdacious]
Poser
Mud Dauber
16 Point

Loc: Tennessee

Originally Posted By: Bowdacious
I almost made that mistake. I was pretty sure I would get a full exam if I did. I started putting it in another spot in my billfold for that reason.

I was buying beer recently and I accidentally pulled out the HCP and the DL. I handed the guy my DL and then he accusingly asked me "why do you have 2 ID's", implying that my DL was fake. -had to laugh about that one.

Wild & crazy, can't be stopped. Only the strong will survive.

Keep your knife sharp and your skillet greasy.

http://www.GoCarnivore.com

#3156109 - 02/08/13 11:13 AM Re: Carry Permit ? [Re: moondawg]
Wildcat
Non-Typical

Loc: Western Ky.

Yes you can use it at an airport but seeing it's a gun carry permit you can bet they will search everything to see if you have a gun with you.

Remember when we are flying to go on a hunting trip we have to check in our firearms and jump though all kinds of hoops with them and the ammo. By showing your carry permit they will pull all the luggage you already checked in to search it to see if there is a firearm in there that you didn't tell them about.

As for me, the whole idea behind a CONCEALED CARRY PERMIT is to stay concealed and I do not want the attention drawn to me by wearing openly. Same with the permit, I don't want anybody to see it unless I have to show it to them and it is their business to see it. One other thing I will never do, is use it to try to impress anybody. Carry permits are common now and all it says is the person has passed the ONE DAY class and passed the background check. Anybody want to pass a real background check? See how high a govt security rating you can get.

#3156136 - 02/08/13 11:32 AM Re: Carry Permit ? [Re: Poser]
TAFKAP
14 Point

Loc: Memphis

Originally Posted By: Poser
 Originally Posted By: Bowdacious

I was buying beer recently and I accidentally pulled out the HCP and the DL. I handed the guy my DL and then he accusingly asked me "why do you have 2 ID's", implying that my DL was fake. -had to laugh about that one.

I've done the opposite....someone accused my DL of being a fake, so I pulled out my HCP as a backup.

#3156154 - 02/08/13 11:49 AM Re: Carry Permit ? [Re: Wildcat]
ferg
Spider
16 Point

Loc: At the TNDeer shirt factory %^...

Originally Posted By: Wildcat
Anybody want to pass a real background check? See how high a govt security rating you can get.

\:D \:D

Yea - I'll 'go there' LOL As a military communicator (primary MOS) for 20+ years those were always the 'most' fun -

(and they really check too \:\) )

ferg....

USCG(Ret)
Semper Par !

#3156159 - 02/08/13 11:54 AM Re: Carry Permit ? [Re: ferg]
Unicam Administrator
Grumpaw
16 Point

Loc: Dallas, GA. & Cookeville, TN

Originally Posted By: ferg
Anybody want to pass a real background check? See how high a govt security rating you can get.

Yea - I'll 'go there' LOL As a military communicator (primary MOS) for 20+ years those were always the 'most' fun -

ferg....

Yes, yes they do, and sometimes they check again!! Then after you retire from Military service and have a job that requires you to maintain that clearance it starts all over again!!!

Edited by Unicam (02/08/13 11:55 AM)

John 15:13

#3156161 - 02/08/13 11:56 AM Re: Carry Permit ? [Re: Unicam]
ferg
Spider
16 Point

Loc: At the TNDeer shirt factory %^...

Originally Posted By: Unicam
 Originally Posted By: ferg

Yes, yes they do, and sometimes they check again!!

ferg....

...and again and again -

I was getting calls from old buddies of mine from years gone by about why was the fed's checking up on me - they thought I was in some kind of trouble all the time \:D \:D

USCG(Ret)
Semper Par !

Page 2 of 2 <12

Moderator:  RUGER, Unicam, gtk, Tennessee Todd, Lakeland Charlie, Cuttin Caller, CBU93, stretch, Outdoor Lady, TurkeyBurd, MAN, Bobby G, Kimber45, Crappie Luck, Kirk 
Hop to:
Top Posters
RUGER
Deer Assassin
BSK
Crappie Luck
spitndrum
Newest Members
Amy pesterfield, Blood seeker, fghijk604245, top_of_the_foodchain, infantryleadtheway
13288 Registered Users
Who's Online
6 registered (stik, Vermin93, leader, FLTENNHUNTER1, 2 invisible) and 93 anonymous users online.
Forum Stats
13288 Members
42 Forums
85367 Topics
1031526 Posts

Max Online: 788 @ 11/11/13 08:06 PM
Moon Phase
CURRENT MOON
April
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5
6 7 8 9 10 11 12
13 14 15 16 17 18 19
20 21 22 23 24 25 26
27 28 29 30
Forum Donations
The TnDeer.Com Deer Talk Forum is for Tennessee Deer Hunters by Tennessee Deer Hunters. If you enjoy using our Talk Forum and would like to contribute to help in it's up-keep. Just submit your contribution by clicking on the DONATE button below and paying with PayPal or a major credit card. Any amount is much appreciated. Thanks for your support!

TN Burn Safe

Generated in 0.238 seconds in which 0.001 seconds were spent on a total of 15 queries. Zlib compression enabled.