Tndeer Logo

Page 2 of 4 <1234>
Topic Options
#3153871 - 02/06/13 01:24 PM Re: Memphis renames Confederate themed parks [Re: Poser]
Hangnail
14 Point

Loc: Murfreesboro, TN

Arkansas might not want Memphis, but it would be an upgrade for that litter box they call West Memphis.
#3153878 - 02/06/13 01:31 PM Re: Memphis renames Confederate themed parks [Re: Hangnail]
Twinshooter
10 Point

Loc: Collierville, TN. USA

Originally Posted By: Hangnail
Arkansas might not want Memphis, but it would be an upgrade for that litter box they call West Memphis.

You got that right!

#3153905 - 02/06/13 01:56 PM Re: Memphis renames Confederate themed parks [Re: Twinshooter]
moondawg
16 Point

Loc: Millington, TN

Did I read it right that there was something that prevented the parks' name from being changed?

If so, then the Council needs to move on to something else.

#3153971 - 02/06/13 02:56 PM Re: Memphis renames Confederate themed parks [Re: moondawg]
Relentless
4 Point

Loc: Shelby County, TN

Originally Posted By: moondawg
Did I read it right that there was something that prevented the parks' name from being changed?

They should move on to something else anyway, like not destroying the school system.

#3154000 - 02/06/13 03:23 PM Re: Memphis renames Confederate themed parks [Re: moondawg]
TAFKAP
14 Point

Loc: Memphis

Originally Posted By: moondawg

According to Shea Flinn this morning on the radio, this was a reaction by the council to preempt the State Legislature's attempt to control from Nashville the nnaming of local parks. While a bunch of race-baiting cause-heads started this mess, it makes you wonder if the twerps at the State Capitol don't also have more important matters to deal with.....

1) The local thin-skins need to leave well enough alone
2) So do the thin-skins in Nashville

Either way, nobody's going to be happy....revisionist history wins again.

#3154009 - 02/06/13 03:34 PM Re: Memphis renames Confederate themed parks [Re: Relentless]
BlackBelt
10 Point

Loc: SouthWest TN

Theres a bill in Nashville that would freeze the names of all war related parks. Memphis acted in haste to change the names before the state legislation is approved in order to have control over the naming of the parks.
Sometimes when a body is unable to practice sound judgement, you just have to let them flounder in their own incompetence and ignorance. Such is the case with the Memphis City Council.
Unfortunately as the rest of the nation deals with and tries to evolve beyond racial issues and bias, the memphis city council seems to be stuck in the past and unable to grow with the rest of the country.
Dr. King would cry at the absolute reverse of his principles that dominate the city councils thinking in the city where he died.
I dont blame the rest of the state for thinking of Memphis as the armpit of TN.

#3154109 - 02/06/13 05:23 PM Re: Memphis renames Confederate themed parks [Re: BlackBelt]
DaveB
10 Point

Loc: Shelby County

Blackbelt, I am telling ya, you insult everyone who is incompetent and ignorant by comparing them to the Memphis City Council. The City Council is way way way past incompetent and as for ignorance, thye'd all have to graduate to get to the bottom rung of ignorance.

Its actually funny to see them trying to figure out what to do with schools. Most have never seen the inside of one.

#3154479 - 02/06/13 09:40 PM Re: Memphis renames Confederate themed parks [Re: ]
gasman
8 Point

Loc: South of the Hatchie

What do you expect from a city that has been controlled by ignorance like the Ford family, Willie H, and don't forget Janis Fullilove. They are the WORST of the WORST!!!!

Hunt Hard. Pray Harder.

#3154679 - 02/07/13 07:42 AM Re: Memphis renames Confederate themed parks [Re: gasman]
BuckWild
TnDeer Old Timer
12 Point

Loc: Birdsong Creek

It's ironic that the city council is all up in arms about a former slave owner. A large percentage of inner city blacks are still slaves...slaves to the politicians they vote for. They have no desire to educate their constituents...it's in their best interest to keep them poor,uneducated and dependent on government handouts.

Slavery is alive and thriving in Memphis,TN.

JMHO...YMMV

#3154739 - 02/07/13 08:32 AM Re: Memphis renames Confederate themed parks [Re: BuckWild]
gasman
8 Point

Loc: South of the Hatchie

Originally Posted By: BuckWild
It's ironic that the city council is all up in arms about a former slave owner. A large percentage of inner city blacks are still slaves...slaves to the politicians they vote for. They have no desire to educate their constituents...it's in their best interest to keep them poor,uneducated and dependent on government handouts.

Slavery is alive and thriving in Memphis,TN.

JMHO...YMMV
. That my friend, hit the nail right square on the head.... Not only are they slaves to the politicians, they are slaves to themselves. Most have no desire to be educated or perform in society. It's an easier life when the government provides for their every need.

Hunt Hard. Pray Harder.

Page 2 of 4 <1234>

Moderator:  RUGER, Unicam, gtk, Tennessee Todd, Lakeland Charlie, Cuttin Caller, CBU93, stretch, TurkeyBurd, MAN, Bobby G, Kimber45, Crappie Luck 
Hop to:
Top Posters
RUGER
Deer Assassin
BSK
Crappie Luck
spitndrum
Newest Members
Jgard, JD1278, BGB, Mopartech, Skeeter1
13524 Registered Users
Who's Online
30 registered (FISH, jmoreland, HuntNShoot, WORM82, muddy-waders, MUP, 1 invisible) and 110 anonymous users online.
Forum Stats
13524 Members
42 Forums
98870 Topics
1161934 Posts

Max Online: 788 @ 11/11/13 08:06 PM
Moon Phase
CURRENT MOON
November
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29
Forum Donations
The TnDeer.Com Deer Talk Forum is for Tennessee Deer Hunters by Tennessee Deer Hunters. If you enjoy using our Talk Forum and would like to contribute to help in it's up-keep. Just submit your contribution by clicking on the DONATE button below and paying with PayPal or a major credit card. Any amount is much appreciated. Thanks for your support!

TN Burn Safe

Generated in 0.05 seconds in which 0.001 seconds were spent on a total of 15 queries. Zlib compression enabled.