Page 3 of 3 <123
Topic Options
#3153282 - 02/05/13 08:15 PM Re: Ron Paul on SEAL Chris Kyle [Re: JThuntsalot]
Bambi Buster
14 Point

Loc: Middle Tennessee

Originally Posted By: JThuntsalot
 Originally Posted By: bjohnson
I hold my tongue on the PTSD comments before I say something that gets me banned.

Same here

And I.

#3153933 - 02/06/13 02:16 PM Re: Ron Paul on SEAL Chris Kyle [Re: AndyW]
JeepKuntry
16 Point

Loc: Clinton, TN

Originally Posted By: AndyW
 Originally Posted By: JeepKuntry
Say what you want, but PTSD poses a risk. People questioned why Lanza's Mom would allow an autistic boy access to weapons and why she had him at the range. Yet PTSD is supposed to get a special pass? I'm sure there's different stages concerning PTSD, but that needs to be properly diagnosed and treated before letting them shoot/carry. There needs to be a better mental analysis process.

We're talking about men that wrote a blank check to the people of this country for an amount up to and including their lives. To disarm any of them for a PTSD diagnosis is dead wrong. If any member of this society deserves an infallible 2nd amendment right, it is the combat veteran.

I agree that we shouldn't turn our back on veterans. But people associate PTSD as a mental illness. Everytime something happens, you can bet your arse that that will be used against all gunowners.

#3153955 - 02/06/13 02:43 PM Re: Ron Paul on SEAL Chris Kyle [Re: JeepKuntry]
Unicam Administrator
Grumpaw
16 Point

Loc: Dallas, GA. & Cookeville, TN

Originally Posted By: AndyW
Say what you want, but PTSD poses a risk. People questioned why Lanza's Mom would allow an autistic boy access to weapons and why she had him at the range. Yet PTSD is supposed to get a special pass? I'm sure there's different stages concerning PTSD, but that needs to be properly diagnosed and treated before letting them shoot/carry. There needs to be a better mental analysis process.

We're talking about men that wrote a blank check to the people of this country for an amount up to and including their lives. To disarm any of them for a PTSD diagnosis is dead wrong. If any member of this society deserves an infallible 2nd amendment right, it is the combat veteran.

I agree that we shouldn't turn our back on veterans. But people associate PTSD as a mental illness. Everytime something happens, you can bet your arse that that will be used against all gunowners.

Been trying to stay out of this so I did not get banned either;

PTSD is one thing, the more serious and detrimental killer is the depression caused by the effects of PTSD and the drugs used to counter that depression. If you have not lived it, shared your life and fought beside those men and yes women who have it, you may not ever understand really what it is. My dad was a four tour Vietnam vet who lived with PTSD his whole adult life after his first tour in a combat zone. I never understood my dad until later in life and being in a combat zone and all that goes with it myself. I refuse to believe PTSD made this thug take Cris Kyle and Chad Littlefields life, but rather the want of Chris's truck, the thief killed them for.

John 15:13

#3153958 - 02/06/13 02:45 PM Re: Ron Paul on SEAL Chris Kyle [Re: Unicam]
Unicam Administrator
Grumpaw
16 Point

oh, and RP should be ashamed for flapping his gums, what an idiot!

#3153988 - 02/06/13 03:07 PM Re: Ron Paul on SEAL Chris Kyle [Re: Unicam]
JeepKuntry
16 Point

Loc: Clinton, TN

I'm grateful for all who fought for our freedoms. I guess my point is people will use PTSD to fuel a fire. The majority of voters will never be convinced that people with PTSD should be able to own/carry, et.

#3154220 - 02/06/13 06:54 PM Re: Ron Paul on SEAL Chris Kyle [Re: JeepKuntry]
Unicam Administrator
Grumpaw
16 Point

I'm grateful for all who fought for our freedoms. I guess my point is people will use PTSD to fuel a fire. The majority of voters will never be convinced that people with PTSD should be able to own/carry, et.

That sir is a fact! I have two new weapons in my safe as I type this, one each belongs to friends who are in Texas going through PTSD treatment, the first thing the (military) doctors asked them was if they felt suicidal, the second was if they had guns, the third was is there someone who can keep them for you until after treatment.

Page 3 of 3 <123

Moderator:  RUGER, Unicam, gtk, Tennessee Todd, Lakeland Charlie, Cuttin Caller, CBU93, stretch, TurkeyBurd, MAN, Bobby G, Kimber45, Crappie Luck 
Hop to:
Top Posters
RUGER
Deer Assassin
BSK
Crappie Luck
spitndrum
Newest Members
THEdonkey0515, muddyhunter, davey1230, MisquitoNet, strutter rutter
13079 Registered Users
Who's Online
81 registered (DaveB, bigtex, Southpaw, TN Whitetail Freak, monsterbuck07, Travis13, 12 invisible) and 134 anonymous users online.
Forum Stats
13079 Members
42 Forums
88125 Topics
1032321 Posts

Max Online: 788 @ 11/11/13 08:06 PM
Moon Phase
CURRENT MOON
July
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5
6 7 8 9 10 11 12
13 14 15 16 17 18 19
20 21 22 23 24 25 26
27 28 29 30 31
Forum Donations
The TnDeer.Com Deer Talk Forum is for Tennessee Deer Hunters by Tennessee Deer Hunters. If you enjoy using our Talk Forum and would like to contribute to help in it's up-keep. Just submit your contribution by clicking on the DONATE button below and paying with PayPal or a major credit card. Any amount is much appreciated. Thanks for your support!

TN Burn Safe

Generated in 0.209 seconds in which 0.003 seconds were spent on a total of 15 queries. Zlib compression enabled.