Tndeer Logo

Page 1 of 2 12>
Topic Options
#3153660 - 02/06/13 10:02 AM Guns and Ammo info
A.Hall
Formerly "Spoon"
Non-Typical

Loc: Bartlett, TN

Dont know if this is true, but its inline with what a friend of mine told me thats works for ATF. He said Federal is now book orders for 2015

The current gun/ammo panic buying frenzy is unprecedented. It has been stronger and lasted longer than any previous buying frenzy. Here is an update from industry leader Mark LaRue:

>
> Status of gun industry
>
> Attention F.B. fans: to follow will be several IMPORTANT Info updates about the status of the gun industry currently, followed by an INVENTORY UPDATE: We traveled to Texas for Industry meetings concerning the shortages, here's what we were told.
>
> Smith & Wesson-is running at Full capacity making 300+ guns/day-mainly M&P pistols. They are unable to produce any more guns to help with the shortages.
>
> RUGER: Plans to increase from 75% to 100% in the next 90 days.
>
> FNH: Moving from 50% production to 75% by Feb 1st and 100% by March 1. Remington-Maxed out!
>
> Armalite: Maxed out.
>
> DPMS: Can't get enough parts to produce any more product.
>
> COLT: Production runs increasing weekly...bottle necked by Bolt carrier's.
>
> LWRC:Making only black guns, running at full capacity...can't get enough gun quality steel to make barrels.
>
> Springfield Armory: Only company who can meet demand but are running 30-45 days behind.
>
> AMMO: Every caliber is now Allocated! We are looking at a nation wide shortage of all calibers over the next 9 months. All plants are producing as much ammo as possible w/ of 1 BILLION rounds produced weekly. Most is military followed by L.E. and civilians are third in line.
>
> MAGPUL is behind 1 MILLION mags, do not expect any large quantities of magpul anytime soon.
>
> RELOADERS... ALL Remington, Winchester, CCI & Federal primers are going to ammo FIRST. There are no extra's for reloading purposes... it could be 6-9 months before things get caught up. Sorry for the bleak news, but now we know what to expect in the coming months. Stay tuned, we'll keep you posted...
>
> Related commentary from Bob Owens :
> They didn't know when they'd be getting anything back in stock, from magazines to rifles to pistols. Manufacturers were running full-bore, but couldn't come close to keeping up with market demand. It wasn't just the AR-15s, the AK-pattern rifles, the M1As, and the FALs that were sold out. It really hit me when I realized that the World War-era M1 Garands, M1 carbines, and Enfield .303s were gone, along with every last shell. Ubiquitous Mosin-Nagants—of which every gun store always seems to have 10-20—were gone. So was their ammo. Only a dust free space marked their passing. I've never seen anything like it

Edited by A.Hall (02/06/13 10:04 AM)

#3153672 - 02/06/13 10:12 AM Re: Guns and Ammo info [Re: A.Hall]
Wildcat
Non-Typical

Loc: Western Ky.

I've been reading the same thing for the last week or so.

It's going to take a while and ever longer if they start to go after the companies. Once that starts then all bets are off.

#3153681 - 02/06/13 10:19 AM Re: Guns and Ammo info [Re: Wildcat]
BlountArrow
10 Point

Loc: SouthEast Tenn

I can't help but wonder how much the quality is going to suffer with this much time pressure placed on the manufacturing and assembling processes. I don't care where you work or what you do, when you're under extreme time pressure the percentage of mistakes/accidents/etc grows exponentially.

#3153684 - 02/06/13 10:20 AM Re: Guns and Ammo info [Re: A.Hall]
jmb4wd
8 Point

Loc: Christiana, TN

Man that's crazy to hear! Glad obama finally stimulated the economy a little!

Food Plot Establishment and Maintenance

Justin

#3153686 - 02/06/13 10:24 AM Re: Guns and Ammo info [Re: BlountArrow]
Poser
Mud Dauber
16 Point

Loc: Tennessee

Originally Posted By: BlountArrow
I can't help but wonder how much the quality is going to suffer with this much time pressure placed on the manufacturing and assembling processes. I don't care where you work or what you do, when you're under extreme time pressure the percentage of mistakes/accidents/etc grows exponentially.

I heard that Rugur had a batch of pistols go out where the barrels were not rifled!

Wild & crazy, can't be stopped. Only the strong will survive.

Keep your knife sharp and your skillet greasy.

http://www.GoCarnivore.com

#3153688 - 02/06/13 10:27 AM Re: Guns and Ammo info [Re: Poser]
BlountArrow
10 Point

Loc: SouthEast Tenn

Originally Posted By: Poser
I heard that Rugur had a batch of pistols go out where the barrels were not rifled!

That's exactly what I'm talking about. One of the few, quality American gun mfg's left and they don't need that sort of bad publicity. I hope they ramp up the oversight and inspections.

#3153923 - 02/06/13 02:10 PM Re: Guns and Ammo info [Re: BlountArrow]
JeepKuntry
16 Point

Loc: Clinton, TN

Generally during times like this, quality will suffer. I will continue to buy ammo when I have money to do so.

#3153967 - 02/06/13 02:50 PM Re: Guns and Ammo info [Re: Poser]
Wildcat
Non-Typical

First I've heard that and I'm on the Ruger forums all the time. I ever post the link to them when someone wants to know about a certain Ruger while thinking about buying one.

#3153970 - 02/06/13 02:55 PM Re: Guns and Ammo info [Re: Wildcat]
Unicam Administrator
Grumpaw
16 Point

Loc: Dallas, GA. & Cookeville, TN

Originally Posted By: Wildcat

First I've heard that and I'm on the Ruger forums all the time. I ever post the link to them when someone wants to know about a certain Ruger while thinking about buying one.

Last one I read about was 2009.

John 15:13

#3153976 - 02/06/13 03:00 PM Re: Guns and Ammo info [Re: Unicam]
Wildcat
Non-Typical

Originally Posted By: Unicam
 Originally Posted By: Wildcat

Last one I read about was 2009.

Was that the LCP?? Back when it first came out it did have problems but they worked all that out years ago.

Page 1 of 2 12>

Moderator:  RUGER, Unicam, gtk, Tennessee Todd, Lakeland Charlie, Cuttin Caller, CBU93, stretch, TurkeyBurd, MAN, Bobby G, Kimber45, Crappie Luck 
Hop to:
Top Posters
RUGER
Deer Assassin
BSK
Crappie Luck
spitndrum
Newest Members
zatoan, DanParchman3, saddleman1, Jculber301, Mik475
13282 Registered Users
Who's Online
92 registered (Mossy Oak, Woodchuck, Nealmeally, Sting, ImThere, TNOutdoorCo, 9 invisible) and 145 anonymous users online.
Forum Stats
13282 Members
42 Forums
93288 Topics
1089308 Posts

Max Online: 788 @ 11/11/13 08:06 PM
Moon Phase
CURRENT MOON
September
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Forum Donations
The TnDeer.Com Deer Talk Forum is for Tennessee Deer Hunters by Tennessee Deer Hunters. If you enjoy using our Talk Forum and would like to contribute to help in it's up-keep. Just submit your contribution by clicking on the DONATE button below and paying with PayPal or a major credit card. Any amount is much appreciated. Thanks for your support!

TN Burn Safe

Generated in 0.106 seconds in which 0.001 seconds were spent on a total of 15 queries. Zlib compression enabled.