Page 8 of 9 « First<56789>
Topic Options
#3153647 - 02/06/13 09:49 AM Re: So God Made A Farmer [Re: TeamMainStreet]
Slaughter-06
14 Point

Loc: Dyersburg,Tn.

Originally Posted By: TeamMainStreet
[quote=Slaughter-06]
I liked the comerical, I'm not a farmer, I do live in farm country. 1/3 of my best friends are farmers. I would trade my easy desk job of 52 weeks a year for a farming job any day of the week.
I'm not knocking any of them and yes we do need farmers.
BUT I do get tired of always hearing them moan about seed prices, Fuelii prices, ferterlize, we need rain, I wish it would stop raining, I never see a happy for what they got farmer.
they all drive new trucks and live in huge houses! They play golf year around! they go on trips!Duck and deer hunt every day of the season, Today's farmers have more time off than any working man in the work force I know.
Granted they work long hours for planting season and the Harvest, but other then that you can find most farmers I know on the Golf course 5 days a week. and they can afford the green fees!
The farmers in the commerical died out years ago! Very few if any work that hard year around. [/quote

Not being a farmer, I guess you wouldn't understand why the complain anbout stuff like that. If all of the farmers started worrying about themselves and their families only, and stop selling their crops and livestock comercially, most people in the country would starve.

When they pull up to the Golf couse in their new 2500 truck and get their new set of clubs out and go to whining about Fuel prices it falls on deaf ears.

Not to worry there will always be farmers there not going anywhere. to many Golf courses they have not played yet to quit just yet. \:\)

#3153668 - 02/06/13 10:08 AM Re: So God Made A Farmer [Re: Slaughter-06]
TeamMainStreet
8 Point

Loc: Union County,Tn

Yea, golfing farmers. I see that A LOT.

Dont tread on me

#3153670 - 02/06/13 10:10 AM Re: So God Made A Farmer [Re: TeamMainStreet]
TeamMainStreet
8 Point

Loc: Union County,Tn

As far as the new trucks and fuel prices go. A farmer has more need for a new diesel truck than most. More so than most of the city slickers I see running around in them and complaining about fuel prices.

Dont tread on me

#3153838 - 02/06/13 12:54 PM Re: So God Made A Farmer [Re: Slaughter-06]
de novo
10 Point

Loc: Middle TN

Originally Posted By: Slaughter-06

they all drive new trucks and live in huge houses! They play golf year around! they go on trips!Duck and deer hunt every day of the season, Today's farmers have more time off than any working man in the work force I know.
Granted they work long hours for planting season and the Harvest, but other then that you can find most farmers I know on the Golf course 5 days a week. and they can afford the green fees!
The farmers in the commerical died out years ago! Very few if any work that hard year around.

That sums up my feeelings as well. Many of the farmers Paul Harvey was speaking of back in 1978 went bust in the 1980's. The small farmer I worked for could have been in the Dodge commercial. he worked right beside his help.

Times changed and many current farmers know how to work the system and let others work for them. Lots more shiny new toys and time to play than when I grew up working on the farm.

“The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it.”

#3153863 - 02/06/13 01:19 PM Re: So God Made A Farmer [Re: de novo]
Country1
6 Point

Loc: Rocky Knob, TN

happy Online
With millions in "welfare" from the government, nothing to do but golf, hunt, and take trips, I'm amazed that more of you all don't quit your current jobs and take up farming. There must be some reason??????

#3153937 - 02/06/13 02:22 PM Re: So God Made A Farmer [Re: Country1]
Crappie Luck Moderator
Non-Typical

Loc: Smith Co.

If I had a $Million Dollars, I'd farm until it was all gone \:D

#3153977 - 02/06/13 03:02 PM Re: So God Made A Farmer [Re: de novo]
Dale3
8 Point

Loc: Live in Mt.Juliet ,Hunt Jackso...

Originally Posted By: de novo
 Originally Posted By: Slaughter-06

The farmers in the commerical died out years ago! Very few if any work that hard year around.

That sums up my feeelings as well. Many of the farmers Paul Harvey was speaking of back in 1978 went bust in the 1980's. The small farmer I worked for could have been in the Dodge commercial. he worked right beside his help.

Times changed and many current farmers know how to work the system and let others work for them. Lots more shiny new toys and time to play than when I grew up working on the farm.

I guess all the farmers i know and knew grew up on the wrong side of the holler.
If you handed them a golf club, They have found some way to use it on the farm,but it wouldnt be for Golfing.They might have used it to knock the cow sheet off thier boots.

Edited by Dale3 (02/06/13 03:02 PM)

#3153998 - 02/06/13 03:15 PM Re: So God Made A Farmer [Re: Country1]
Dale3
8 Point

Loc: Live in Mt.Juliet ,Hunt Jackso...

Originally Posted By: Country1
With millions in "welfare" from the government, nothing to do but golf, hunt, and take trips, I'm amazed that more of you all don't quit your current jobs and take up farming. There must be some reason??????

Agree, I should start a info commercial for 3 payments of 39.95, I'm going to show you how to live like a rock star and doing nothing to earn it.
Would you like to live in this house? Drive this new truck, golf,trophy hunt, fish, travel the world? Have fine women throwing themselves at your feet? A Party in the barn every night?
Then stick around and watch for the next 30 minute and i'll show you how to be a farmer and have everything you want for doing nothing

The ad was about the samll hard working, just making it farmers. It was not about these mega farmers you all keep trying to inject into this. It was about the man who worked double hard on Sat. so he could finsih up in time to take his grandaughter and her horse to the local horse show that night, not out golfing!

Edited by Dale3 (02/06/13 03:58 PM)

#3154007 - 02/06/13 03:30 PM Re: So God Made A Farmer [Re: Dale3]
Hunter 257W
10 Point

Loc: Franklin County

I always hear the term "Corporate farmer" but have never been able to track one of those rascals down. \:\) I know really big time farmers but they are just guys who stay on their tractors more than little farmers. Are they "corporate Farmers"? There's no board of directors sitting in an office directing lackies to do their work while they(the rich directors) drive around in limosines enjoying themselves. One fella that comes to mind is farming about 4,000 acres - I'd think that qualifies him to be a "Big" farmer, wouldn't it? It's mostly him and his Father with some temporary help hired during planting and harvest time. They may very well have the legal status of a corporaion for tax purposes but it's still mostly 2 men working hard on a whole lot of land.

I think a lot of city people have a very distorted idea of the modern farm. Yeah, it's big but still the farmer is out there doing the work. And I have never heard a farmer even mention golf. Hunting - "Yes" but even then, most of them I know wont even hunt because they consider it a waste of time.

#3154013 - 02/06/13 03:39 PM Re: So God Made A Farmer [Re: Hunter 257W]
Hunter 257W
10 Point

Loc: Franklin County

The negative responses to this ad remind me of how some conservaties rejected Romney wholeheartedly in the recnt election because he didn't align with their ideals in certain areas. I heard so many conservatives complain that "Romney is no different than Obama". Sure no politician is going to mirror your beliefs perfectly but to malign one who is reasonably close when the other is so far out there as Obama mystifies me.

The whole point of the original post on this commercial is that it praised the good value of hard work and even went so far as to mention God several times in a positive light. This is getting too rare in recent times and we should praise the little bit of good we see instead of condemning them for every thing we can pick at. Sure Dodge and GM took a government bailout - I for one will still support them over a foreign company - even if the foreign product is made here. You are still strengthening a foreign company.

Page 8 of 9 « First<56789>

Moderator:  Crappie Luck, Tennessee Todd, RUGER, Unicam, stretch, Cuttin Caller, Bobby G, Kimber45 
Hop to:
Top Posters
RUGER
Deer Assassin
BSK
Crappie Luck
spitndrum
Newest Members
zatoan, DanParchman3, saddleman1, Jculber301, Mik475
13282 Registered Users
Who's Online
161 registered (scn, 7mmMag, SMarshall, timberjack86, Master Chief, TDW05, 17 invisible) and 190 anonymous users online.
Forum Stats
13282 Members
42 Forums
93334 Topics
1089801 Posts

Max Online: 788 @ 11/11/13 08:06 PM
Moon Phase
CURRENT MOON
September
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Forum Donations
The TnDeer.Com Deer Talk Forum is for Tennessee Deer Hunters by Tennessee Deer Hunters. If you enjoy using our Talk Forum and would like to contribute to help in it's up-keep. Just submit your contribution by clicking on the DONATE button below and paying with PayPal or a major credit card. Any amount is much appreciated. Thanks for your support!

TN Burn Safe

Generated in 0.113 seconds in which 0.002 seconds were spent on a total of 15 queries. Zlib compression enabled.