8 Point

Loc: white bluff

I ordered a glock on dec. 31 and still haven't received it

#3154124 - 02/06/13 05:32 PM Re: Guns and Ammo info [Re: JSassassin]
DaveB
10 Point

Loc: Shelby County

content Online
We have to wait for Congress to fail to act on the assault weapons ban. Once that happens, we have to wait for the resident idiot to make a move with Executive Orders. Depending upon what happens there, the panic will either ramp up or be over.

If the kenyan just stomps his foot and says bad things about us, the manufacturers will maintain production at high levels to fill un-satisified need. Only after that perceived need is filled will prices start to drop and then only after retailers nationwide get inventory back up to November 2012 levels.

I am figuring September at the earliest. Could easy go to this time next year.

#3154146 - 02/06/13 05:56 PM Re: Guns and Ammo info [Re: DaveB]
Wildcat
Non-Typical

Loc: Western Ky.

Originally Posted By: DaveB
We have to wait for Congress to fail to act on the assault weapons ban. Once that happens, we have to wait for the resident idiot to make a move with Executive Orders. Depending upon what happens there, the panic will either ramp up or be over.

If the kenyan just stomps his foot and says bad things about us, the manufacturers will maintain production at high levels to fill un-satisified need. Only after that perceived need is filled will prices start to drop and then only after retailers nationwide get inventory back up to November 2012 levels.

I am figuring September at the earliest. Could easy go to this time next year.

Did you watch the Senate hearing on the gun control last week??

I learned something I never knew before. There are alsread TWO other anti-bills before Congress already in the works so as far as I know that means there are THREE anti-gun bill in play right now with more coming from other members of Congress.

It's not only the bills in Congress but anything Obama can order from the White House. They IRS, BATF and Commerce Dept are all looking intoall the gun and ammo companies to put all kinds of pressure on them.

Obama himself has started flying around the country to drum up support FOR his anti-gun programs.

#3155113 - 02/07/13 02:40 PM Re: Guns and Ammo info [Re: Wildcat]
JeepKuntry
16 Point

Loc: Clinton, TN

I can see O trying to put heat on the ammo manufacturers. If the resources are available, then folks would be in trouble. I do honestly think if the government wanted to take charge, the first groups of people there going after are those who have registered firearms that they deem most dangerous. Right now is a time to stock up on ammo for every gun you own. I buy at places where I feel I'm charged a fair rate, and honestly, I'm not really losing money.

#3157070 - 02/09/13 06:54 AM Re: Guns and Ammo info [Re: JeepKuntry]
-DRM-
6 Point

Loc: Spring Hill, TN

Do you have a link/source where this came from?

#3157538 - 02/09/13 04:42 PM Re: Guns and Ammo info [Re: -DRM-]
BamaProud
12 Point

Loc: Shelby County, TN

After hearing the stories of the "Ammo shortage" I decided to check it out for myself. Bass Pro had a line just to walk down the Ammo isles with a limit of 10 boxes per customer. ...but all the most popular calibers .22lr and short, .223/.556 .45, 40 and 9mm was gone anyway. Wal Mart has moved their ammo behind glass with a limit of 3 boxes per customer. also out of stock in most common calibers. crazy!
your guns and Ammo salesman of the Century!

#3157611 - 02/09/13 05:50 PM Re: Guns and Ammo info [Re: BamaProud]
UPSman
TnDeer Old Timer
14 Point

Loc: Powell Tn

Date: February 8, 2013 12:31:19 PM EST To: Reply-To:

ATTENTION FIREARM PURCHASERS & TENNESSEE FFLS

Contrary to popular belief, no agency of Tennessee state government, nor any agency of the federal government has or maintains a central registration database of firearms and their owners.

Some states do maintain firearm registration databases, but if a state did not have one prior to implementation of the “Brady Bill” in 1998, they were prohibited by federal law from establishing such a database.

Tennessee Code Annotated § 39-17-1316 (j) states: ‘Upon the determination that receipt of a firearm by a particular individual would not violate this section, and after the issuance of a unique identifying number for the transaction, the Tennessee Bureau of InvestigatIon shall destroy all records (except the unique identifying number and the date it was assigned) associating a particular individual with a particular purchase of firearms.”

18 U.S.C. § 922 (t)(2)(c) states: If receipt of a firearm would not violate § 922(g) or (n) or State law, the system shall destroy all records of the system with respect to the call (other than the identifying number and the date the number was assigned) and all records of the system relating to the person or the transfer.”

TBI and the TICS Unit take these laws seriously and delete all approved purchaser identifying information and the related firearm information from TBI’s computer systems each evening at approximately 10:30 p.m. No hardcopy printouts are maintained of approved transactions.

The only persons who know you have legally purchased a firearm is your gun dealer (FFL), yourself and anyone whom you have told of the purchase.

You are advised to keep a record of your firearm information in a safe place in case your firearm is stolen and you need to report it to law enforcement. Law enforcement does not have access to that information.

TBI TICS Unit Doug Woodlee, Mgr. 01/08/2013

#3157694 - 02/09/13 06:36 PM Re: Guns and Ammo info [Re: BamaProud]
Wildcat
Non-Typical

Loc: Western Ky.

Originally Posted By: BamaProud
After hearing the stories of the "Ammo shortage" I decided to check it out for myself. Bass Pro had a line just to walk down the Ammo isles with a limit of 10 boxes per customer. ...but all the most popular calibers .22lr and short, .223/.556 .45, 40 and 9mm was gone anyway. Wal Mart has moved their ammo behind glass with a limit of 3 boxes per customer. also out of stock in most common calibers. crazy!
your guns and Ammo salesman of the Century!

You had to check it out for yourself?? You must not shoot much.

Anyway people, go check out who will be at Obama's State of the Union speech next week. They are there for one single reason, to help push Obama's gun control plans.

#3157710 - 02/09/13 06:50 PM Re: Guns and Ammo info [Re: Wildcat]
WGK
WILD BILL
12 Point

Loc: loudon

Thanks for that post UPSman that should clear up alot of misinformation.

#3158986 - 02/10/13 06:03 PM Re: Guns and Ammo info [Re: Wildcat]
BamaProud
12 Point

Loc: Shelby County, TN

Originally Posted By: Wildcat
[

You had to check it out for yourself?? You must not shoot much.

Anyway people, go check out who will be at Obama's State of the Union speech next week. They are there for one single reason, to help push Obama's gun control plans.

I shoot once a month or so.
Its been a while since I have bought any, I keep plenty on hand. I have feel like I have plenty to get through this panic.

Come to think of it I don't think I have bought anything except dove loads and pheasant loads(in South Dakota) loads in more than a year.

Edited by BamaProud (02/10/13 06:05 PM)

Page 2 of 2 <12

Moderator:  RUGER, Unicam, gtk, Tennessee Todd, Lakeland Charlie, Cuttin Caller, CBU93, stretch, TurkeyBurd, MAN, Bobby G, Kimber45, Crappie Luck 
Hop to:
Top Posters
RUGER
Deer Assassin
BSK
Crappie Luck
spitndrum
Newest Members
bmobrady3, bmo3, chrislee, Patriot123, DT33
13565 Registered Users
Who's Online
113 registered (bmo3, jameseboy, tfh555, ClubHead, N Woods, caretaker, 9 invisible) and 190 anonymous users online.
Forum Stats
13565 Members
43 Forums
99557 Topics
1171231 Posts

Max Online: 788 @ 11/11/13 08:06 PM
Moon Phase
CURRENT MOON
November
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29
Forum Donations
The TnDeer.Com Deer Talk Forum is for Tennessee Deer Hunters by Tennessee Deer Hunters. If you enjoy using our Talk Forum and would like to contribute to help in it's up-keep. Just submit your contribution by clicking on the DONATE button below and paying with PayPal or a major credit card. Any amount is much appreciated. Thanks for your support!

TN Burn Safe

Generated in 0.042 seconds in which 0.001 seconds were spent on a total of 14 queries. Zlib compression enabled.