Tndeer Logo

Page all of 2 12>
Topic Options
#3153660 - 02/06/13 10:02 AM Guns and Ammo info
A.Hall
Formerly "Spoon"
Non-Typical

Loc: Bartlett, TN

Dont know if this is true, but its inline with what a friend of mine told me thats works for ATF. He said Federal is now book orders for 2015

The current gun/ammo panic buying frenzy is unprecedented. It has been stronger and lasted longer than any previous buying frenzy. Here is an update from industry leader Mark LaRue:

>
> Status of gun industry
>
> Attention F.B. fans: to follow will be several IMPORTANT Info updates about the status of the gun industry currently, followed by an INVENTORY UPDATE: We traveled to Texas for Industry meetings concerning the shortages, here's what we were told.
>
> Smith & Wesson-is running at Full capacity making 300+ guns/day-mainly M&P pistols. They are unable to produce any more guns to help with the shortages.
>
> RUGER: Plans to increase from 75% to 100% in the next 90 days.
>
> FNH: Moving from 50% production to 75% by Feb 1st and 100% by March 1. Remington-Maxed out!
>
> Armalite: Maxed out.
>
> DPMS: Can't get enough parts to produce any more product.
>
> COLT: Production runs increasing weekly...bottle necked by Bolt carrier's.
>
> LWRC:Making only black guns, running at full capacity...can't get enough gun quality steel to make barrels.
>
> Springfield Armory: Only company who can meet demand but are running 30-45 days behind.
>
> AMMO: Every caliber is now Allocated! We are looking at a nation wide shortage of all calibers over the next 9 months. All plants are producing as much ammo as possible w/ of 1 BILLION rounds produced weekly. Most is military followed by L.E. and civilians are third in line.
>
> MAGPUL is behind 1 MILLION mags, do not expect any large quantities of magpul anytime soon.
>
> RELOADERS... ALL Remington, Winchester, CCI & Federal primers are going to ammo FIRST. There are no extra's for reloading purposes... it could be 6-9 months before things get caught up. Sorry for the bleak news, but now we know what to expect in the coming months. Stay tuned, we'll keep you posted...
>
> Related commentary from Bob Owens :
> They didn't know when they'd be getting anything back in stock, from magazines to rifles to pistols. Manufacturers were running full-bore, but couldn't come close to keeping up with market demand. It wasn't just the AR-15s, the AK-pattern rifles, the M1As, and the FALs that were sold out. It really hit me when I realized that the World War-era M1 Garands, M1 carbines, and Enfield .303s were gone, along with every last shell. Ubiquitous Mosin-Nagants—of which every gun store always seems to have 10-20—were gone. So was their ammo. Only a dust free space marked their passing. I've never seen anything like it

Edited by A.Hall (02/06/13 10:04 AM)

#3153672 - 02/06/13 10:12 AM Re: Guns and Ammo info [Re: A.Hall]
Wildcat
Non-Typical

Loc: Western Ky.

I've been reading the same thing for the last week or so.

It's going to take a while and ever longer if they start to go after the companies. Once that starts then all bets are off.

#3153681 - 02/06/13 10:19 AM Re: Guns and Ammo info [Re: Wildcat]
BlountArrow
8 Point

Loc: SouthEast Tenn

I can't help but wonder how much the quality is going to suffer with this much time pressure placed on the manufacturing and assembling processes. I don't care where you work or what you do, when you're under extreme time pressure the percentage of mistakes/accidents/etc grows exponentially.

#3153684 - 02/06/13 10:20 AM Re: Guns and Ammo info [Re: A.Hall]
jmb4wd
8 Point

Loc: Christiana, TN

Man that's crazy to hear! Glad obama finally stimulated the economy a little!

Food Plot Establishment and Maintenance

Justin

#3153686 - 02/06/13 10:24 AM Re: Guns and Ammo info [Re: BlountArrow]
Poser
Mud Dauber
16 Point

Loc: Tennessee

content Online
 Originally Posted By: BlountArrow
I can't help but wonder how much the quality is going to suffer with this much time pressure placed on the manufacturing and assembling processes. I don't care where you work or what you do, when you're under extreme time pressure the percentage of mistakes/accidents/etc grows exponentially.

I heard that Rugur had a batch of pistols go out where the barrels were not rifled!

Wild & crazy, can't be stopped. Only the strong will survive.

Keep your knife sharp and your skillet greasy.

http://www.GoCarnivore.com

#3153688 - 02/06/13 10:27 AM Re: Guns and Ammo info [Re: Poser]
BlountArrow
8 Point

Loc: SouthEast Tenn

Originally Posted By: Poser
I heard that Rugur had a batch of pistols go out where the barrels were not rifled!

That's exactly what I'm talking about. One of the few, quality American gun mfg's left and they don't need that sort of bad publicity. I hope they ramp up the oversight and inspections.

#3153923 - 02/06/13 02:10 PM Re: Guns and Ammo info [Re: BlountArrow]
JeepKuntry
16 Point

Loc: Clinton, TN

Generally during times like this, quality will suffer. I will continue to buy ammo when I have money to do so.

#3153967 - 02/06/13 02:50 PM Re: Guns and Ammo info [Re: Poser]
Wildcat
Non-Typical

First I've heard that and I'm on the Ruger forums all the time. I ever post the link to them when someone wants to know about a certain Ruger while thinking about buying one.

#3153970 - 02/06/13 02:55 PM Re: Guns and Ammo info [Re: Wildcat]
Unicam Administrator
Grumpaw
16 Point

Loc: Dallas, GA. & Cookeville, TN

Originally Posted By: Wildcat

First I've heard that and I'm on the Ruger forums all the time. I ever post the link to them when someone wants to know about a certain Ruger while thinking about buying one.

Last one I read about was 2009.

John 15:13

#3153976 - 02/06/13 03:00 PM Re: Guns and Ammo info [Re: Unicam]
Wildcat
Non-Typical

Originally Posted By: Unicam

Last one I read about was 2009.

Was that the LCP?? Back when it first came out it did have problems but they worked all that out years ago.

#3154094 - 02/06/13 05:11 PM Re: Guns and Ammo info [Re: Wildcat]
JSassassin
8 Point

Loc: white bluff

I ordered a glock on dec. 31 and still haven't received it

#3154124 - 02/06/13 05:32 PM Re: Guns and Ammo info [Re: JSassassin]
DaveB
10 Point

Loc: Shelby County

We have to wait for Congress to fail to act on the assault weapons ban. Once that happens, we have to wait for the resident idiot to make a move with Executive Orders. Depending upon what happens there, the panic will either ramp up or be over.

If the kenyan just stomps his foot and says bad things about us, the manufacturers will maintain production at high levels to fill un-satisified need. Only after that perceived need is filled will prices start to drop and then only after retailers nationwide get inventory back up to November 2012 levels.

I am figuring September at the earliest. Could easy go to this time next year.

#3154146 - 02/06/13 05:56 PM Re: Guns and Ammo info [Re: DaveB]
Wildcat
Non-Typical

Originally Posted By: DaveB
We have to wait for Congress to fail to act on the assault weapons ban. Once that happens, we have to wait for the resident idiot to make a move with Executive Orders. Depending upon what happens there, the panic will either ramp up or be over.

If the kenyan just stomps his foot and says bad things about us, the manufacturers will maintain production at high levels to fill un-satisified need. Only after that perceived need is filled will prices start to drop and then only after retailers nationwide get inventory back up to November 2012 levels.

I am figuring September at the earliest. Could easy go to this time next year.

Did you watch the Senate hearing on the gun control last week??

I learned something I never knew before. There are alsread TWO other anti-bills before Congress already in the works so as far as I know that means there are THREE anti-gun bill in play right now with more coming from other members of Congress.

It's not only the bills in Congress but anything Obama can order from the White House. They IRS, BATF and Commerce Dept are all looking intoall the gun and ammo companies to put all kinds of pressure on them.

Obama himself has started flying around the country to drum up support FOR his anti-gun programs.

#3155113 - 02/07/13 02:40 PM Re: Guns and Ammo info [Re: Wildcat]
JeepKuntry
16 Point

Loc: Clinton, TN

I can see O trying to put heat on the ammo manufacturers. If the resources are available, then folks would be in trouble. I do honestly think if the government wanted to take charge, the first groups of people there going after are those who have registered firearms that they deem most dangerous. Right now is a time to stock up on ammo for every gun you own. I buy at places where I feel I'm charged a fair rate, and honestly, I'm not really losing money.

#3157070 - 02/09/13 06:54 AM Re: Guns and Ammo info [Re: JeepKuntry]
-DRM-
6 Point

Loc: Spring Hill, TN

Do you have a link/source where this came from?

#3157538 - 02/09/13 04:42 PM Re: Guns and Ammo info [Re: -DRM-]
BamaProud
12 Point

Loc: Shelby County, TN

After hearing the stories of the "Ammo shortage" I decided to check it out for myself. Bass Pro had a line just to walk down the Ammo isles with a limit of 10 boxes per customer. ...but all the most popular calibers .22lr and short, .223/.556 .45, 40 and 9mm was gone anyway. Wal Mart has moved their ammo behind glass with a limit of 3 boxes per customer. also out of stock in most common calibers. crazy!
your guns and Ammo salesman of the Century!

#3157611 - 02/09/13 05:50 PM Re: Guns and Ammo info [Re: BamaProud]
UPSman
TnDeer Old Timer
12 Point

Loc: Powell Tn

Date: February 8, 2013 12:31:19 PM EST To: Reply-To:

ATTENTION FIREARM PURCHASERS & TENNESSEE FFLS

Contrary to popular belief, no agency of Tennessee state government, nor any agency of the federal government has or maintains a central registration database of firearms and their owners.

Some states do maintain firearm registration databases, but if a state did not have one prior to implementation of the “Brady Bill” in 1998, they were prohibited by federal law from establishing such a database.

Tennessee Code Annotated § 39-17-1316 (j) states: ‘Upon the determination that receipt of a firearm by a particular individual would not violate this section, and after the issuance of a unique identifying number for the transaction, the Tennessee Bureau of InvestigatIon shall destroy all records (except the unique identifying number and the date it was assigned) associating a particular individual with a particular purchase of firearms.”

18 U.S.C. § 922 (t)(2)(c) states: If receipt of a firearm would not violate § 922(g) or (n) or State law, the system shall destroy all records of the system with respect to the call (other than the identifying number and the date the number was assigned) and all records of the system relating to the person or the transfer.”

TBI and the TICS Unit take these laws seriously and delete all approved purchaser identifying information and the related firearm information from TBI’s computer systems each evening at approximately 10:30 p.m. No hardcopy printouts are maintained of approved transactions.

The only persons who know you have legally purchased a firearm is your gun dealer (FFL), yourself and anyone whom you have told of the purchase.

You are advised to keep a record of your firearm information in a safe place in case your firearm is stolen and you need to report it to law enforcement. Law enforcement does not have access to that information.

TBI TICS Unit Doug Woodlee, Mgr. 01/08/2013

#3157694 - 02/09/13 06:36 PM Re: Guns and Ammo info [Re: BamaProud]
Wildcat
Non-Typical

Originally Posted By: BamaProud
After hearing the stories of the "Ammo shortage" I decided to check it out for myself. Bass Pro had a line just to walk down the Ammo isles with a limit of 10 boxes per customer. ...but all the most popular calibers .22lr and short, .223/.556 .45, 40 and 9mm was gone anyway. Wal Mart has moved their ammo behind glass with a limit of 3 boxes per customer. also out of stock in most common calibers. crazy!
your guns and Ammo salesman of the Century!

You had to check it out for yourself?? You must not shoot much.

Anyway people, go check out who will be at Obama's State of the Union speech next week. They are there for one single reason, to help push Obama's gun control plans.

#3157710 - 02/09/13 06:50 PM Re: Guns and Ammo info [Re: Wildcat]
WGK
WILD BILL
12 Point

Loc: loudon

content Online
Thanks for that post UPSman that should clear up alot of misinformation.

#3158986 - 02/10/13 06:03 PM Re: Guns and Ammo info [Re: Wildcat]
BamaProud
12 Point

Loc: Shelby County, TN

[

You had to check it out for yourself?? You must not shoot much.

Anyway people, go check out who will be at Obama's State of the Union speech next week. They are there for one single reason, to help push Obama's gun control plans.

I shoot once a month or so.
Its been a while since I have bought any, I keep plenty on hand. I have feel like I have plenty to get through this panic.

Come to think of it I don't think I have bought anything except dove loads and pheasant loads(in South Dakota) loads in more than a year.

Edited by BamaProud (02/10/13 06:05 PM)

Page all of 2 12>

Moderator:  RUGER, Unicam, gtk, Tennessee Todd, Lakeland Charlie, Cuttin Caller, CBU93, stretch, Outdoor Lady, TurkeyBurd, MAN, Bobby G, Kimber45, Crappie Luck, Kirk 
Hop to:
Top Posters
RUGER
Deer Assassin
BSK
Crappie Luck
spitndrum
Newest Members
bassassassin7, BBQ, Kornhunter, Afleming17, 260rem
13281 Registered Users
Who's Online
164 registered (ruger7mag, Roost 1, Wobblyshot1, Bigg'un4214, NoNtYpiCaL1, ZCM, 20 invisible) and 218 anonymous users online.
Forum Stats
13281 Members
42 Forums
85135 Topics
1028788 Posts

Max Online: 788 @ 11/11/13 08:06 PM
Moon Phase
CURRENT MOON
April
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5
6 7 8 9 10 11 12
13 14 15 16 17 18 19
20 21 22 23 24 25 26
27 28 29 30
Forum Donations
The TnDeer.Com Deer Talk Forum is for Tennessee Deer Hunters by Tennessee Deer Hunters. If you enjoy using our Talk Forum and would like to contribute to help in it's up-keep. Just submit your contribution by clicking on the DONATE button below and paying with PayPal or a major credit card. Any amount is much appreciated. Thanks for your support!

TN Burn Safe

Generated in 0.244 seconds in which 0.009 seconds were spent on a total of 14 queries. Zlib compression enabled.