Tndeer Logo

Page 7 of 9 « First<56789>
Topic Options
#3153078 - 02/05/13 05:30 PM Re: So God Made A Farmer [Re: Hunter 257W]
brmaster
6 Point

Loc: TN, Shelbyville

Originally Posted By: Hunter 257W
If somebody blinked at the wrong time, they'd not even known it was a Dodge truck commercial. I thought it was done with taste and was pleasantly surprised to see something on current TV that supported values and decency.

I agree with this, hit the nail on the head, I am not a farmer but my grandfather was, and as well owned a small country store to sell his veggies and fruit in, although most of what he did was give it away to many who came by and he knew didnt have the money to pay for much. Yes, I also owned a dodge ram and when able will more than likely buy another. Farmers and Truckers go hand in hand, without one you wont need the other in many cases. I disagree with the high cost of the food, so if you dont like what the farmer delivers no matte the price,,,,,,,,,you need to get out and plant the garden, raise your cattle, sheep,,,,etc because without them, you wouldnt have what you have now,,,,,,

#3153090 - 02/05/13 05:37 PM Re: So God Made A Farmer [Re: FLTENNHUNTER1]
Dale3
8 Point

Loc: Live in Mt.Juliet ,Hunt Jackso...

Originally Posted By: FLTENNHUNTER1
 Originally Posted By: de novo
 Originally Posted By: TX300mag
Wonder how much they can pay me NOT to grow peas this year? \:D

If you're a Hispanic woman or a black farmer they may pay you a good sum. \:\)

http://westernfarmpress.com/government/f...s-feb-12-fresno

http://www.mysettlementclaims.com/blog/?p=785&cpage=8#comment-3463

What if you are a White Hispanic HeShe Trans-sexual? Do you get more money? \:D \:D

No you dont have to work at all to get more money or if you do work, the family farm or company MUST undeseveringly promote you over others more qualified for the job

Edited by Dale3 (02/05/13 05:38 PM)

#3153277 - 02/05/13 08:12 PM Re: So God Made A Farmer [Re: FLTENNHUNTER1]
TX300mag
Pea Picker
14 Point

Loc: Crosby, TX

Originally Posted By: FLTENNHUNTER1
 Originally Posted By: de novo
 Originally Posted By: TX300mag
Wonder how much they can pay me NOT to grow peas this year? \:D

If you're a Hispanic woman or a black farmer they may pay you a good sum. \:\)

http://westernfarmpress.com/government/f...s-feb-12-fresno

http://www.mysettlementclaims.com/blog/?p=785&cpage=8#comment-3463

What if you are a White Hispanic HeShe Trans-sexual? Do you get more money? \:D \:D

I sure hope so! I'll call tomorrow and find out. \:D

Team Peapicker

#3153309 - 02/05/13 08:34 PM Re: So God Made A Farmer [Re: Dale3]
Bone Collector
14 Point

Loc: Murfreesboro, TN

Originally Posted By: Dale3
 Originally Posted By: Pic IN the Casa
 Originally Posted By: 348Winchester
Dodge and farmers have taken a lot of government welfare. God had nothing to do with that!

I was going to post a comment but yours is better.

They are without a dout some of the hardest working people i have ever known, so if government welfare as you call it is going to go anywhere to anyone, i had MUCH rather see it going to someone thats as hard working as farmers, than someone sitting on thier A*#es doing NOTHING for it.

ALSO for this day and time for a company to even HINT at the word God, much less repeat it over and over and over in such good light, is almost to the point of NON heard of these days.

I cut some out but you said it well. I loved the commercial. it was my favorite by far. I have never farmed, but the people in the add reminded me of the ones I know/knew.

The statement about welfare is spot on.

Edited by Bone Collector (02/05/13 08:36 PM)

“There are hunters and there are victims. By your discipline, cunning, obedience and alertness, you will decide if you are a hunter or a victim.”
General James Mattis

#3153434 - 02/05/13 11:46 PM Re: So God Made A Farmer [Re: de novo]
recurve60#
4 Point

Loc: Rock Island

So easily people forget Dodge took the bail out.

#3153440 - 02/06/13 12:20 AM Re: So God Made A Farmer [Re: Dale3]
catman529
spiderboy
16 Point

Loc: Franklin TN

confused Online
 Originally Posted By: Dale3
 Originally Posted By: Pic IN the Casa
 Originally Posted By: 348Winchester
Dodge and farmers have taken a lot of government welfare. God had nothing to do with that!

I was going to post a comment but yours is better.

How they depicted the farmers was DEAD ON from all i have ever know.Its long hours, its 7 days a week, it starts before the sun comes up and until after its down, and it can be high risk for all your hard work. All the farmers i have know and worked with, could have been those in that ad. I have seen them and known them to do all those things.
They are without a dout some of the hardest working people i have ever known, so if government welfare as you call it is going to go anywhere to anyone, i had MUCH rather see it going to someone thats as hard working as farmers, than someone sitting on thier A*#es doing NOTHING for it.

ALSO for this day and time for a company to even HINT at the word God, much less repeat it over and over and over in such good light, is almost to the point of NON heard of these days.

Maybe you havent notice, but most would shy away from the mention of "God" these days. God has almost become the G_ _ WORD.

It would have been EASY for Dodge to have went with funny or trashy like the rest.
If your going to advertise and they are and they should, i see NOTHING wrong with class act ad. We need more of it these days.
I give Dodge a thumbs up on it, seeing as how these days its concidered taboo to mention religon, much less God.

I'm pretty sure God would give a thumbs up on that ad these days. I dout he have a problem with the farmer or Dodge

PS I Drive GMC, never had a Dodge, dout i ever will, although the new challanger pretty sharp
Nor am i a farmer
I grew up in the suburbs and have not worked a day on a farm but I respect those who do and I agree with the above post... and the ad was also my favorite out of all of them. I was surprised to hear God mentioned in a superbowl ad. Kudos to dodge for that ad.

...since last deer season

#3153586 - 02/06/13 08:43 AM Re: So God Made A Farmer [Re: brmaster]
MUP
Non-Typical

Loc: Just North of Chatt-town

I enjoyed the content of the commercial myself, and took it at what it was, when it was originally spoken by Paul Harvey. I still won't buy a Dodge/Chrysler product anyway. \:\)

Amateurs: Built the Ark

Professionals: Built the Titanic

#3153612 - 02/06/13 09:15 AM Re: So God Made A Farmer [Re: TeamMainStreet]
Slaughter-06
14 Point

Loc: Dyersburg,Tn.

I liked the comerical, I'm not a farmer, I do live in farm country. 1/3 of my best friends are farmers. I would trade my easy desk job of 52 weeks a year for a farming job any day of the week.
I'm not knocking any of them and yes we do need farmers.
BUT I do get tired of always hearing them moan about seed prices, Fuel prices, ferterlize, we need rain, I wish it would stop raining, I never see a happy for what they got farmer.
they all drive new trucks and live in huge houses! They play golf year around! they go on trips!Duck and deer hunt every day of the season, Today's farmers have more time off than any working man in the work force I know.
Granted they work long hours for planting season and the Harvest, but other then that you can find most farmers I know on the Golf course 5 days a week. and they can afford the green fees!
The farmers in the commerical died out years ago! Very few if any work that hard year around.

#3153620 - 02/06/13 09:25 AM Re: So God Made A Farmer [Re: recurve60#]
TeamMainStreet
8 Point

Loc: Union County,Tn

Originally Posted By: recurve60#
So easily people forget Dodge took the bail out.

By a Ford then.

Dont tread on me

#3153629 - 02/06/13 09:29 AM Re: So God Made A Farmer [Re: Slaughter-06]
TeamMainStreet
8 Point

Loc: Union County,Tn

[quote=Slaughter-06]
I liked the comerical, I'm not a farmer, I do live in farm country. 1/3 of my best friends are farmers. I would trade my easy desk job of 52 weeks a year for a farming job any day of the week.
I'm not knocking any of them and yes we do need farmers.
BUT I do get tired of always hearing them moan about seed prices, Fuelii prices, ferterlize, we need rain, I wish it would stop raining, I never see a happy for what they got farmer.
they all drive new trucks and live in huge houses! They play golf year around! they go on trips!Duck and deer hunt every day of the season, Today's farmers have more time off than any working man in the work force I know.
Granted they work long hours for planting season and the Harvest, but other then that you can find most farmers I know on the Golf course 5 days a week. and they can afford the green fees!
The farmers in the commerical died out years ago! Very few if any work that hard year around. [/quote

Not being a farmer, I guess you wouldn't understand why the complain anbout stuff like that. If all of the farmers started worrying about themselves and their families only, and stop selling their crops and livestock comercially, most people in the country would starve.

Edited by TeamMainStreet (02/06/13 09:29 AM)

Dont tread on me

Page 7 of 9 « First<56789>

Moderator:  Crappie Luck, Tennessee Todd, RUGER, Unicam, stretch, Cuttin Caller, Bobby G, Kimber45 
Hop to:
Top Posters
RUGER
Deer Assassin
BSK
Crappie Luck
spitndrum
Newest Members
bootsinsand, bigun714, clh200, tlwilliams, Forvols
13179 Registered Users
Who's Online
72 registered (ruthunter, rastubbs, Tenn.Guy, TRIGGER, swami, Good time Charlie, 7 invisible) and 85 anonymous users online.
Forum Stats
13179 Members
42 Forums
91007 Topics
1063490 Posts

Max Online: 788 @ 11/11/13 08:06 PM
Moon Phase
CURRENT MOON
August
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Forum Donations
The TnDeer.Com Deer Talk Forum is for Tennessee Deer Hunters by Tennessee Deer Hunters. If you enjoy using our Talk Forum and would like to contribute to help in it's up-keep. Just submit your contribution by clicking on the DONATE button below and paying with PayPal or a major credit card. Any amount is much appreciated. Thanks for your support!

TN Burn Safe

Generated in 0.046 seconds in which 0.001 seconds were spent on a total of 15 queries. Zlib compression enabled.