Tndeer Logo

Page 2 of 4 <1234>
Topic Options
#3151892 - 02/04/13 07:26 PM Re: Ammo hunters [Re: Slaughter-06]
Bone Collector
14 Point

Loc: Murfreesboro, TN

Originally Posted By: Slaughter-06
stop buying it and it will get back to normal. we are doing this to our selves. lol

THIS^^^^

“There are hunters and there are victims. By your discipline, cunning, obedience and alertness, you will decide if you are a hunter or a victim.”
General James Mattis

#3152009 - 02/04/13 08:22 PM Re: Ammo hunters [Re: Slaughter-06]
CountryBoy053
8 Point

Loc: Blount Co., TN

stop buying it and it will get back to normal. we are doing this to our selves. lol

VERY TRUE. I've just been gettin me a little as I can. I can't help but still go shoot when I find a deal lol.

You do not need a parachute to skydive. You only need a parachute to skydive twice

#3152490 - 02/05/13 08:31 AM Re: Ammo hunters [Re: paincave_2000]
Kimber45 Moderator
Peace Maker
16 Point

Loc: Close to Jackson, TN

Something interesting I was told yesterday and it came from a Classified section director (local sales situation and nothing to do with this site) - I will not share names, only details.

They were questioned by federal folks, comments were made in regards to the beginning of what is supposed to be investigation into those buying 2,3,4 or more New AR's, New Glocks etc and then turning around and doubling their $. What I was told was that the investigation would start in regards to tax evasion on profits made. Came from a fairly reliable source too.

Hope folks understand the rules on this and dont end up getting caught doing something wrong - as the penalty would be more than just the tx once caught I'd expect.

I would expect AMMO could be handled exactly the same

Edited by Kimber45 (02/05/13 08:33 AM)

#3152522 - 02/05/13 08:48 AM Re: Ammo hunters [Re: Slaughter-06]
DntBrnDPig
8 Point

Loc: Cleveland, TN

THIS! I had a buddy ask me if I knew where any ammo was. I asked him how much he had and he said.. only about 2k rounds of 223..

Seriously?! For those of us who just want to shoot, we cant find it. You are killing my fun with your fear.

#3152547 - 02/05/13 09:08 AM Re: Ammo hunters [Re: Kimber45]
UPSman
TnDeer Old Timer
12 Point

Loc: Powell Tn

Originally Posted By: Kimber45
Something interesting I was told yesterday and it came from a Classified section director (local sales situation and nothing to do with this site) - I will not share names, only details.

They were questioned by federal folks, comments were made in regards to the beginning of what is supposed to be investigation into those buying 2,3,4 or more New AR's, New Glocks etc and then turning around and doubling their $. What I was told was that the investigation would start in regards to tax evasion on profits made. Came from a fairly reliable source too.

Hope folks understand the rules on this and dont end up getting caught doing something wrong - as the penalty would be more than just the tx once caught I'd expect.

Investigations by who? ATF, IRS, TBI, FBI? Scare tactics......

#3152773 - 02/05/13 12:12 PM Re: Ammo hunters [Re: UPSman]
BuckWild
TnDeer Old Timer
12 Point

Loc: Memphis or Birdsong Creek

Personally I have no use for people that would profit off the deaths of 26 innocent people.

JMHO...YMMV

#3152801 - 02/05/13 12:44 PM Re: Ammo hunters [Re: BuckWild]
Kimber45 Moderator
Peace Maker
16 Point

Originally Posted By: BuckWild
Personally I have no use for people that would profit off the deaths of 26 innocent people.

JMHO...YMMV

While I see what you're saying, that's an unfair "twist", IMO
That would say that people were selling something directly related to causing harm to those involved, for a profit, right? If so, then is every firearm manufacturer/dealer, ammo manufacturer/dealer to just stop, as the left would love to see?
IMO, I have to believe there's not a single retailer or wholesaler who wouldn't give up their profits to have those children's lives back and with that said, The American Way, is to be free in the ability to peddle your legal items for a profit... With no harm intended to anyone, except mounds of seeming hurt feelings and likely taxation issues, what they are doing is in no way wrong and will in no way cause further harm to the horrific tragedy that took place.

#3152805 - 02/05/13 12:46 PM Re: Ammo hunters [Re: Kimber45]
-DRM-
6 Point

Loc: Spring Hill, TN

I consider this very unlikely. For one - it is almost impossible to prove someone bought something *to* resell it. Even if someone did buy ten AR15's and turn around and sell them the next day - the BATF is going to have to prove they bought them with the intent to re-sell. The fact is - I can buy something immediately say "crap, I really should not have spent all my money" and turn around and sell it to someone else.

As for taxation on profits, not gonna fly.

The people who are repeatedly flipping guns - in effect selling without a FFL - they are already watching them and looking for a chance to bust them. No change there.

The average guy who is just deciding some $$$$$ is worth more than the guns he owns is waaaaay below their radar.

#3152806 - 02/05/13 12:47 PM Re: Ammo hunters [Re: UPSman]
Kimber45 Moderator
Peace Maker
16 Point

Originally Posted By: UPSman

Investigations by who? ATF, IRS, TBI, FBI? Scare tactics......

"Feds" is all I was told... I'd say by reading up a bit that tax evasion prosecution possibilities are a bit more than scare tactics as for many, they are a reality.

Just something to think about....

#3152886 - 02/05/13 02:05 PM Re: Ammo hunters [Re: Kimber45]
BuckWild
TnDeer Old Timer
12 Point

Loc: Memphis or Birdsong Creek

Originally Posted By: BuckWild

JMHO...YMMV

While I see what you're saying, that's an unfair "twist", IMO
That would say that people were selling something directly related to causing harm to those involved, for a profit, right? If so, then is every firearm manufacturer/dealer, ammo manufacturer/dealer to just stop, as the left would love to see?
IMO, I have to believe there's not a single retailer or wholesaler who wouldn't give up their profits to have those children's lives back and with that said, The American Way, is to be free in the ability to peddle your legal items for a profit... With no harm intended to anyone, except mounds of seeming hurt feelings and likely taxation issues, what they are doing is in no way wrong and will in no way cause further harm to the horrific tragedy that took place.

I'm talking about individuals mainly...the ones that have let greed override their common sense...

Page 2 of 4 <1234>

Moderator:  RUGER, Unicam, gtk, Tennessee Todd, Lakeland Charlie, Cuttin Caller, CBU93, stretch, TurkeyBurd, MAN, Bobby G, Kimber45, Crappie Luck 
Hop to:
Top Posters
RUGER
Deer Assassin
BSK
Crappie Luck
spitndrum
Newest Members
zatoan, DanParchman3, saddleman1, Jculber301, Mik475
13282 Registered Users
Who's Online
70 registered (DirtyBear0311, cbpedigo21, John3, FULLDRAWXX75, gecko7, mossyoakmantn, 5 invisible) and 100 anonymous users online.
Forum Stats
13282 Members
42 Forums
93431 Topics
1090847 Posts

Max Online: 788 @ 11/11/13 08:06 PM
Moon Phase
CURRENT MOON
September
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Forum Donations
The TnDeer.Com Deer Talk Forum is for Tennessee Deer Hunters by Tennessee Deer Hunters. If you enjoy using our Talk Forum and would like to contribute to help in it's up-keep. Just submit your contribution by clicking on the DONATE button below and paying with PayPal or a major credit card. Any amount is much appreciated. Thanks for your support!

TN Burn Safe

Generated in 0.122 seconds in which 0.002 seconds were spent on a total of 15 queries. Zlib compression enabled.