Tndeer Logo

Page 7 of 7 « First<34567
Topic Options
#3159600 - 02/11/13 10:10 AM Re: WAl mart guns [Re: BlountArrow]
BlountArrow
10 Point

Loc: SouthEast Tenn

Or what about this? Does this prove anyting in your eyes? Aah, maybe, but not really. However, it will show you why you won't hear about this - it's kept hushed.

http://www.fastcompany.com/47593/wal-mart-you-dont-know

From the website:
"But you won't hear evenhanded stories like that from Wal-Mart, or from its current suppliers. Despite being a publicly traded company, Wal-Mart is intensely private. It declined to talk in detail about its relationships with its suppliers for this story. More strikingly, dozens of companies contacted declined to talk about even the basics of their business with Wal-Mart.
Here, for example, is an executive at Dial: "We are one of Wal-Mart's biggest suppliers, and they are our biggest customer by far. We have a great relationship. That's all I can say. Are we done now?" Goaded a bit, the executive responds with an almost hysterical edge: "Are you meshuga? Why in the world would we talk about Wal-Mart? Ask me about anything else, we'll talk. But not Wal-Mart."
No one wants to end up in what is known among Wal-Mart vendors as the "penalty box"--punished, or even excluded from the store shelves, for saying something that makes Wal-Mart unhappy. (The penalty box is normally reserved for vendors who don't meet performance benchmarks, not for those who talk to the press.)
"You won't hear anything negative from most people," says Paul Kelly, founder of Silvermine Consulting Group, a company that helps businesses work more effectively with retailers. "It would be committing suicide. If Wal-Mart takes something the wrong way, it's like Saddam Hussein. You just don't want to piss them off."
As a result, this story was reported in an unusual way: by speaking with dozens of people who have spent years selling to Wal-Mart, or consulting to companies that sell to Wal-Mart, but who no longer work for companies that do business with Wal-Mart. Unless otherwise noted, the companies involved in the events they described refused even to confirm or deny the basics of the events."

#3159658 - 02/11/13 11:01 AM Re: WAl mart guns [Re: BlountArrow]
ratsnakeboogy
10 Point

Loc: Andersonville, TN

Originally Posted By: BlountArrow
I think most folks know the truth; if I recall, the majority of the posters on this thread sided with my side of the argument.

I didn't find anything on firearms specifically to make you feel better, but when you read this do you at least think it is possible? Seriously, it is a world you don't understand.

http://www.businessweek.com/innovate/Nus...f_wal-mart.html

It's not a popularity contest, and you're right that link has nothing to do with firearms. If you know for a fact, it should be easy to prove, if some distributor's uncle's brothers's cousin told you, B.S..

I understand manufacturing very well. The cost of keeping up with different part manufacturers, part #s, lot #s, bin #s, wharehouse space, can-ban inventory would be so cost prohibitive for a firearms company that they would just discount the OEM part to the price point of these mythical substandard parts to avoid losing even further money. My opinion is it would make no logical sense on a firearms manufacturing line.

I CAN see cheaper stock options and finishes on certain runs, but internals, I just don't see it (my opinion).

A Remington 700 is a pretty simple firearm: barrel, lug, receiver, trigger group, bolt and bolt internals.

Simple way of proving me wrong, just tell us how you "know for a fact". Simple, easy, and anonymity is not an issue, we use handles on here. If not, I still have the opinion it would cost a company like Remington more to introduce a new part # etc., than it would to just discount the OEM part for Wal-Mart orders.

#3159696 - 02/11/13 11:40 AM Re: WAl mart guns [Re: ratsnakeboogy]
mathews338
12 Point

Loc: jackson co.

Originally Posted By: ratsnakeboogy
 Originally Posted By: BlountArrow
 Originally Posted By: Boone 58
Nope, same guns as any other shops carry. Think about it, they are the largest seller of guns in the US, that would be a lot of second hand guns. Makes no sense, old wives tale.

X~2.......idiots start this stuff.

So, I said I wasn't going to argue about this and I hope I don't get suckered in, but I have to say I do find it comical to read OPINIONS like this from people who obviously have NO first hand knowledge. Believe what you want. Those of us that know the FACTS won't try to change your mind.

EVERYTHING you, I and everybody else on this thread have posted is OPINION until someone posts a VERIFIED link that makes it FACT. If you have such links please post them. Just because you believe your OPINION is FACT, does not make it so. My OPINION on this matter is just OPINION, but it's a FACT that I would love to see VERIFIED citations on your opinion.
do you also think that the John Deere mowers at Lowes are actually John Deere?

#3159718 - 02/11/13 11:56 AM Re: WAl mart guns [Re: mathews338]
BigD_625
10 Point

Loc: Maury County, TN

content Online
I know I saw above that you two agreed to disagree. Facts are not facts without proof. If you are not willing to provide proof for your own reasons, you would benefit by going back to your original decision to let it go.

If someone thinks WalMart guns are inferior, let them buy them from someone else. If not, let them save money by purchasing from Walmart and taking advantage of the same manufacturer warranty.

Infoman Jr. helps build military grade weapons for Remington, and he said the retail store gets what they want if they order enough. I would say that if you buy the 700 Anniversary edition from Walmart right now for $777, it's probably the same as the one on a gun store shelf. If you buy the $400 ADL, you might not see it on the shelf at a gun store.

There is no one right answer. There's too many unknowns to produce a valid argument.

My suggestion is that anyone who wants to continue this debate, see if your argument conforms to the following:

A good argument will have, at the very least:
病 thesis that declares the writer's position on the problem at hand;
病n acknowledgment of the opposition that nods to, or quibbles with other points of view;
病 set of clearly defined premises that illustrate the argument's line of reasoning;
鋲vidence that validates the argument's premises;
病 conclusion that convinces the reader that the argument has been soundly and persuasively made.

If not, go back to agree to disagree and move on to something more important.

If you have any other questions about arguments, check this out.

http://www.dartmouth.edu/~writing/materials/student/ac_paper/logic.shtml

#3159745 - 02/11/13 12:20 PM Re: WAl mart guns [Re: mathews338]
ratsnakeboogy
10 Point

[/quote]do you also think that the John Deere mowers at Lowes are actually John Deere? [/quote]

No, I don't. They are re-badged mowers made in an entirely different factory.

That's an apples and oranges debate, and not what is at issue here.

#3159747 - 02/11/13 12:23 PM Re: WAl mart guns [Re: BigD_625]
ratsnakeboogy
10 Point

Originally Posted By: BigD_625
I know I saw above that you two agreed to disagree. Facts are not facts without proof. If you are not willing to provide proof for your own reasons, you would benefit by going back to your original decision to let it go.

If someone thinks WalMart guns are inferior, let them buy them from someone else. If not, let them save money by purchasing from Walmart and taking advantage of the same manufacturer warranty.

Infoman Jr. helps build military grade weapons for Remington, and he said the retail store gets what they want if they order enough. I would say that if you buy the 700 Anniversary edition from Walmart right now for $777, it's probably the same as the one on a gun store shelf. If you buy the $400 ADL, you might not see it on the shelf at a gun store.

There is no one right answer. There's too many unknowns to produce a valid argument.

My suggestion is that anyone who wants to continue this debate, see if your argument conforms to the following:

病 thesis that declares the writer's position on the problem at hand;
病n acknowledgment of the opposition that nods to, or quibbles with other points of view;
病 set of clearly defined premises that illustrate the argument's line of reasoning;
鋲vidence that validates the argument's premises;
病 conclusion that convinces the reader that the argument has been soundly and persuasively made.

Fine, I'll let it be.

Dartmouth is to high-brow for me anyway.

P.S. - I heard Wal-mart ammo is not the same as regular gunshop ammo(they only give you half the powder), so you guys stop buying it all up so maybe I can get some of it.

#3159871 - 02/11/13 02:06 PM Re: WAl mart guns [Re: ratsnakeboogy]
BigD_625
10 Point

Loc: Maury County, TN

content Online
 Originally Posted By: BigD_625

•a thesis that declares the writer's position on the problem at hand;
•an acknowledgment of the opposition that nods to, or quibbles with other points of view;
•a set of clearly defined premises that illustrate the argument's line of reasoning;
•evidence that validates the argument's premises;
•a conclusion that convinces the reader that the argument has been soundly and persuasively made.

Fine, I'll let it be.

Dartmouth is to high-brow for me anyway.

P.S. - I heard Wal-mart ammo is not the same as regular gunshop ammo(they only give you half the powder), so you guys stop buying it all up so maybe I can get some of it.

I would be careful of walmart ammo. I've heard 2 stories already of .270 rounds in a 7mm magnum box. One was on here, and the other was local.

As far as I know, wal-mart is not supposed to take returns on ammo.

By the way RSB, you were up front that you were stating an opinion, so I think you're in line with Dartmouth.

Page 7 of 7 « First<34567

Moderator:  RUGER, gtk, Bobby G, Unicam, CBU93, stretch, TurkeyBurd, Kimber45, Mrs.Unicam, Crappie Luck 
Hop to:
Top Posters
RUGER
Deer Assassin
BSK
Crappie Luck
spitndrum
Newest Members
camohunter3, mtd, Higdon23, blcmrr2008, Urban deer Hunter
13270 Registered Users
Who's Online
164 registered (rustyloafer, stringtalker, leader, Nealmeally, bowhunter163, BigD_625, 13 invisible) and 188 anonymous users online.
Forum Stats
13270 Members
42 Forums
92977 Topics
1086413 Posts

Max Online: 788 @ 11/11/13 08:06 PM
Moon Phase
CURRENT MOON
September
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Forum Donations
The TnDeer.Com Deer Talk Forum is for Tennessee Deer Hunters by Tennessee Deer Hunters. If you enjoy using our Talk Forum and would like to contribute to help in it's up-keep. Just submit your contribution by clicking on the DONATE button below and paying with PayPal or a major credit card. Any amount is much appreciated. Thanks for your support!

TN Burn Safe

Generated in 0.108 seconds in which 0.001 seconds were spent on a total of 14 queries. Zlib compression enabled.