Page all of 3 123>
Topic Options
#3151927 - 02/04/13 07:38 PM Ron Paul on SEAL Chris Kyle
Bambi Buster
14 Point

Loc: Middle Tennessee

What a disrespectful jerk he is.

http://blog.chron.com/txpotomac/2013/02/...s-by-the-sword/

Edited by Bambi Buster (02/04/13 07:38 PM)

#3151954 - 02/04/13 07:54 PM Re: Ron Paul on SEAL Chris Kyle [Re: Bambi Buster]
Grizzly Johnson
Team Grizzly
16 Point

Loc: Tennessee

Just like many other "Americans" that sleep under the very same blanket of freedom, that Mr. Kyle and many others have fought hard to provide, they will one day appreciate that freedom.... because at last it has been taken away from them.....

#3151993 - 02/04/13 08:08 PM Re: Ron Paul on SEAL Chris Kyle [Re: Grizzly Johnson]
Viper (tp)
14 Point

Loc: greenfield, tenn.

Sad deal right there, unfortunately these idiots have away of being heard, just sad that alot of the world is so blind!

Edited by Viper (tp) (02/04/13 08:11 PM)

#3152004 - 02/04/13 08:17 PM Re: Ron Paul on SEAL Chris Kyle [Re: Viper (tp)]
birddog
12 Point

Loc: Seymour, TN

dont you just love how this country second guesses everyone. I would like to know what Mr Paul was doing to help Veterans since he doesnt think that Mr Kyle was using common sence. What an ___hole
#3152012 - 02/04/13 08:23 PM Re: Ron Paul on SEAL Chris Kyle [Re: birddog]
Bigswede3423
6 Point

Loc: Loudon

What a POS.
#3152162 - 02/04/13 09:43 PM Re: Ron Paul on SEAL Chris Kyle [Re: ]
de novo
10 Point

Loc: Middle TN

Below is the "offensive" tweet and another message about the incident.

Just as I would have delayed commenting on Kyle's death until more info is available, I would also delay criticism until his tweet has been explained by Paul himself.

The first sentence (a quote from Jesus) has unfortunately proven true throughout history. And the second part about PTSD in hindsight is also true in this unfortunate instance. The statement is short and vague enough to incite Paul's critics while still defendable by his supporters. I've seen numerous hateful tweets about Kyle's death this weekend and this one is not attacking Kyle personally, IMO, but the Intended focus is the unintended consequences of a war he has opposed since the beginning.

Ron Paul tweeted: “Chris Kyle’s death seems to confirm that ‘he who lives by the sword dies by the sword.’ Treating PTSD at a firing range doesn’t make sense.”

"As a veteran, I certainly recognize that this weekend's violence and killing of Chris Kyle were a tragic and sad event. My condolences and prayers go out to Mr. Kyle’s family. Unconstitutional and unnecessary wars have endless unintended consequences. A policy of non-violence, as Christ preached, would have prevented this and similar tragedies." -REP

“The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it.”

#3152165 - 02/04/13 09:45 PM Re: Ron Paul on SEAL Chris Kyle [Re: ]
Mudbone
10 Point

Loc: Williamson cty. Tn

content Online
I saw that crap!!

He has already ruined Rands chances by being his dad.

#3152170 - 02/04/13 09:52 PM Re: Ron Paul on SEAL Chris Kyle [Re: Mudbone]
deerhunter10
10 Point

Loc: maury county tn

wow.... speechless

#3152416 - 02/05/13 07:09 AM Re: Ron Paul on SEAL Chris Kyle [Re: deerhunter10]
Wildcat
Non-Typical

Loc: Western Ky.

Good old Ron is right up there with the liberals.

http://www.examiner.com/article/liberals-on-twitter-celebrate-murder-of-navy-seal-chris-kyle

#3152429 - 02/05/13 07:18 AM Re: Ron Paul on SEAL Chris Kyle [Re: Wildcat]
Unicam Administrator
Grumpaw
16 Point

Loc: Dallas, GA. & Cookeville, TN

content Online
If I told you what I truly thought about R.P., I would have to ban myself.

John 15:13

#3152436 - 02/05/13 07:34 AM Re: Ron Paul on SEAL Chris Kyle [Re: Unicam]
Phil1979
12 Point

Loc: Arlington, TN

POS
#3152961 - 02/05/13 03:18 PM Re: Ron Paul on SEAL Chris Kyle [Re: Phil1979]
JeepKuntry
16 Point

Loc: Clinton, TN

That comment was disrespectful. But I will say people with PTSD do not need to be at the range.

Edited by JeepKuntry (02/05/13 03:27 PM)

#3152982 - 02/05/13 03:50 PM Re: Ron Paul on SEAL Chris Kyle [Re: JeepKuntry]
Bambi Buster
14 Point

Originally Posted By: JeepKuntry
. But I will say people with PTSD do not need to be at the range.

Please elaborate on your statement.

#3152991 - 02/05/13 04:01 PM Re: Ron Paul on SEAL Chris Kyle [Re: JeepKuntry]
AndyW
10 Point

Loc: Allardt, TN

But I will say people with PTSD do not need to be at the range.

Check up this before you broadly deny them all range access. I know of several folks diagnosed PTSD that are law abiding gun carrying citizens that pose no risk to society whatsoever.

#3153084 - 02/05/13 05:34 PM Re: Ron Paul on SEAL Chris Kyle [Re: AndyW]
JeepKuntry
16 Point

Say what you want, but PTSD poses a risk. People questioned why Lanza's Mom would allow an autistic boy access to weapons and why she had him at the range. Yet PTSD is supposed to get a special pass? I'm sure there's different stages concerning PTSD, but that needs to be properly diagnosed and treated before letting them shoot/carry. There needs to be a better mental analysis process.

Edited by JeepKuntry (02/05/13 05:52 PM)

#3153114 - 02/05/13 05:53 PM Re: Ron Paul on SEAL Chris Kyle [Re: JeepKuntry]
TNDeerGuy
12 Point

Loc: Old Hickory/Mt.Juliet, TN

content Online
Say what you want, but PTSD poses a risk. People questioned why Lanza's Mom would allow an autistic boy access to weapons and why she had him at the range. Yet PTSD is supposed to get a special pass? I'm sure there's different stages concerning PTSD, but that needs to be properly diagnosed and treated before letting them shoot/carry.

That child had more problems than autism! The same could be said about PMS in women as well—you gonna ban them from a range as well? Before you start making blanket statements about something that obviously have no working knowledge about, PTSD, I suggest you thank those fought for your right to make those generalizations, instead of attacking and stripping away things that they have just as much right to do, as you do—they have earned it more in my opinion!

Only in very severe cases does PTSD interfere to the point that it is "life-altering", and in most of those there is a pre-existing condition mental condition as well. The largest percentage of people that have PTSD have mild symptoms that are similar to someone that has experienced the loss of a loved one, a break-up or financial problems—where does that line get drawn about whom or whom can't go to a range, or own a gun?

BY the way.....Ron Paul can bite me!

#3153151 - 02/05/13 06:23 PM Re: Ron Paul on SEAL Chris Kyle [Re: TNDeerGuy]
bjohnson
6 Point

Loc: Ft. Hood, TX / Afghanistan

content Online
I hold my tongue on the PTSD comments before I say something that gets me banned.

#3153163 - 02/05/13 06:37 PM Re: Ron Paul on SEAL Chris Kyle [Re: bjohnson]
JThuntsalot
Good ol' Boys
10 Point

Loc: Mckenzie, Carroll County, TN

Originally Posted By: bjohnson
I hold my tongue on the PTSD comments before I say something that gets me banned.

Same here

I love to kill big bucks and a ton of ducks with a monster Thunder Chicken in the spring

#3153167 - 02/05/13 06:39 PM Re: Ron Paul on SEAL Chris Kyle [Re: bjohnson]
Wildcat
Non-Typical

Loc: Western Ky.

Think about this. If Obama gets his way people with PTSD could be on the list not to pass a back ground check.

#3153259 - 02/05/13 08:01 PM Re: Ron Paul on SEAL Chris Kyle [Re: JeepKuntry]
AndyW
10 Point

Loc: Allardt, TN

Say what you want, but PTSD poses a risk. People questioned why Lanza's Mom would allow an autistic boy access to weapons and why she had him at the range. Yet PTSD is supposed to get a special pass? I'm sure there's different stages concerning PTSD, but that needs to be properly diagnosed and treated before letting them shoot/carry. There needs to be a better mental analysis process.

We're talking about men that wrote a blank check to the people of this country for an amount up to and including their lives. To disarm any of them for a PTSD diagnosis is dead wrong. If any member of this society deserves an infallible 2nd amendment right, it is the combat veteran.

#3153282 - 02/05/13 08:15 PM Re: Ron Paul on SEAL Chris Kyle [Re: JThuntsalot]
Bambi Buster
14 Point

Originally Posted By: JThuntsalot
 Originally Posted By: bjohnson

Same here

And I.

#3153933 - 02/06/13 02:16 PM Re: Ron Paul on SEAL Chris Kyle [Re: AndyW]
JeepKuntry
16 Point

Originally Posted By: AndyW

We're talking about men that wrote a blank check to the people of this country for an amount up to and including their lives. To disarm any of them for a PTSD diagnosis is dead wrong. If any member of this society deserves an infallible 2nd amendment right, it is the combat veteran.

I agree that we shouldn't turn our back on veterans. But people associate PTSD as a mental illness. Everytime something happens, you can bet your arse that that will be used against all gunowners.

#3153955 - 02/06/13 02:43 PM Re: Ron Paul on SEAL Chris Kyle [Re: JeepKuntry]
Unicam Administrator
Grumpaw
16 Point

content Online
 Originally Posted By: AndyW

I agree that we shouldn't turn our back on veterans. But people associate PTSD as a mental illness. Everytime something happens, you can bet your arse that that will be used against all gunowners.

Been trying to stay out of this so I did not get banned either;

PTSD is one thing, the more serious and detrimental killer is the depression caused by the effects of PTSD and the drugs used to counter that depression. If you have not lived it, shared your life and fought beside those men and yes women who have it, you may not ever understand really what it is. My dad was a four tour Vietnam vet who lived with PTSD his whole adult life after his first tour in a combat zone. I never understood my dad until later in life and being in a combat zone and all that goes with it myself. I refuse to believe PTSD made this thug take Cris Kyle and Chad Littlefields life, but rather the want of Chris's truck, the thief killed them for.

#3153958 - 02/06/13 02:45 PM Re: Ron Paul on SEAL Chris Kyle [Re: Unicam]
Unicam Administrator
Grumpaw
16 Point

content Online
oh, and RP should be ashamed for flapping his gums, what an idiot!

#3153988 - 02/06/13 03:07 PM Re: Ron Paul on SEAL Chris Kyle [Re: Unicam]
JeepKuntry
16 Point

I'm grateful for all who fought for our freedoms. I guess my point is people will use PTSD to fuel a fire. The majority of voters will never be convinced that people with PTSD should be able to own/carry, et.

#3154220 - 02/06/13 06:54 PM Re: Ron Paul on SEAL Chris Kyle [Re: JeepKuntry]
Unicam Administrator
Grumpaw
16 Point

content Online
I'm grateful for all who fought for our freedoms. I guess my point is people will use PTSD to fuel a fire. The majority of voters will never be convinced that people with PTSD should be able to own/carry, et.

That sir is a fact! I have two new weapons in my safe as I type this, one each belongs to friends who are in Texas going through PTSD treatment, the first thing the (military) doctors asked them was if they felt suicidal, the second was if they had guns, the third was is there someone who can keep them for you until after treatment.

Page all of 3 123>

Moderator:  RUGER, Unicam, gtk, Tennessee Todd, Lakeland Charlie, Cuttin Caller, CBU93, stretch, TurkeyBurd, MAN, Bobby G, Kimber45, Crappie Luck 
Hop to:
Top Posters
RUGER
Deer Assassin
BSK
Crappie Luck
spitndrum
Newest Members
Litemup80, five by five, Doe1961, OfficerBuck, rapalabuck
13311 Registered Users
Who's Online
124 registered (Savage Knight, infoman jr., Adam Jackson, copnhgn, Bucket, nightrocket, 14 invisible) and 123 anonymous users online.
Forum Stats
13311 Members
42 Forums
94121 Topics
1099713 Posts

Max Online: 788 @ 11/11/13 08:06 PM
Moon Phase
CURRENT MOON
October
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Forum Donations
The TnDeer.Com Deer Talk Forum is for Tennessee Deer Hunters by Tennessee Deer Hunters. If you enjoy using our Talk Forum and would like to contribute to help in it's up-keep. Just submit your contribution by clicking on the DONATE button below and paying with PayPal or a major credit card. Any amount is much appreciated. Thanks for your support!

TN Burn Safe

Generated in 0.144 seconds in which 0.008 seconds were spent on a total of 14 queries. Zlib compression enabled.