Tndeer Logo

Page all of 4 1234>
Topic Options
#3151349 - 02/04/13 12:28 PM Ammo hunters
CountryBoy053
8 Point

Loc: Blount Co., TN

Check walmarts again.
Had to go to a few today looking for baby items, and went to sporting goods cause I was already there. And all 3 had some .223 ammo in stock. Mostly Federal Brass cased for 11 something a box. Had 3 boxes of tulammo for 4.97 at one store. i bought them 3.

You do not need a parachute to skydive. You only need a parachute to skydive twice

#3151386 - 02/04/13 01:17 PM Re: Ammo hunters [Re: CountryBoy053]
Wildcat
Non-Typical

Loc: Western Ky.

One of the Wal-Marts here had some new stock in that I saw and I texted my neighbor. When he got there 2 hours later they were again sold out of what he was looking at.

It's going to be a hit and miss for a while yet.

#3151392 - 02/04/13 01:23 PM Re: Ammo hunters [Re: Wildcat]
Brisco Darlin
8 Point

Loc: East Tn.

one in clinton, tn. had a ton of remington .22lr when i was in there yesterday.

#3151399 - 02/04/13 01:27 PM Re: Ammo hunters [Re: Brisco Darlin]
JeepKuntry
16 Point

Loc: Clinton, TN

Originally Posted By: Brisco Darlin

To bad there not bricks. $6.17 plus tax for 100 rounds. But at least it's been available. I think the manufacturers are intentionally not selling bulk to get higher profits.

#3151407 - 02/04/13 01:33 PM Re: Ammo hunters [Re: JeepKuntry]
BlountArrow
8 Point

Loc: SouthEast Tenn

Walmart in MarYville negative nothing but shotgun shells

#3151455 - 02/04/13 02:23 PM Re: Ammo hunters [Re: JeepKuntry]
Brisco Darlin
8 Point

Loc: East Tn.

Originally Posted By: JeepKuntry
 Originally Posted By: Brisco Darlin

To bad there not bricks. $6.17 plus tax for 100 rounds. But at least it's been available. I think the manufacturers are intentionally not selling bulk to get higher profits.
yeah i've been over there a few times .

#3151475 - 02/04/13 02:37 PM Re: Ammo hunters [Re: Brisco Darlin]
SALTMAN
8 Point

Loc: Cadiz Ky

Grampas in Clarksville had plenty 45 s in self protections variety friday , at their regular prices .
#3151497 - 02/04/13 03:02 PM Re: Ammo hunters [Re: SALTMAN]
Slaughter-06
14 Point

Loc: Dyersburg,Tn.

stop buying it and it will get back to normal. we are doing this to our selves. lol
#3151828 - 02/04/13 07:01 PM Re: Ammo hunters [Re: Slaughter-06]
UPSman
TnDeer Old Timer
12 Point

Loc: Powell Tn

A guy I work with lucked out and bought 3 AR's today at a local Wally World. 2 Colt 6920's and a Sig Sauer. Fed Ex pulled up while he was there and the rest was history.

#3151887 - 02/04/13 07:23 PM Re: Ammo hunters [Re: UPSman]
paincave_2000
10 Point

Loc: Bedford Co.

That guy better go buy a lottery ticket.
 Originally Posted By: UPSman
A guy I work with lucked out and bought 3 AR's today at a local Wally World. 2 Colt 6920's and a Sig Sauer. Fed Ex pulled up while he was there and the rest was history.

#3151892 - 02/04/13 07:26 PM Re: Ammo hunters [Re: Slaughter-06]
Bone Collector
14 Point

Loc: Murfreesboro, TN

Originally Posted By: Slaughter-06
stop buying it and it will get back to normal. we are doing this to our selves. lol

THIS^^^^

“There are hunters and there are victims. By your discipline, cunning, obedience and alertness, you will decide if you are a hunter or a victim.”
General James Mattis

#3152009 - 02/04/13 08:22 PM Re: Ammo hunters [Re: Slaughter-06]
CountryBoy053
8 Point

Loc: Blount Co., TN

VERY TRUE. I've just been gettin me a little as I can. I can't help but still go shoot when I find a deal lol.

You do not need a parachute to skydive. You only need a parachute to skydive twice

#3152490 - 02/05/13 08:31 AM Re: Ammo hunters [Re: paincave_2000]
Kimber45 Moderator
Peace Maker
16 Point

Loc: Close to Jackson, TN

Something interesting I was told yesterday and it came from a Classified section director (local sales situation and nothing to do with this site) - I will not share names, only details.

They were questioned by federal folks, comments were made in regards to the beginning of what is supposed to be investigation into those buying 2,3,4 or more New AR's, New Glocks etc and then turning around and doubling their $. What I was told was that the investigation would start in regards to tax evasion on profits made. Came from a fairly reliable source too.

Hope folks understand the rules on this and dont end up getting caught doing something wrong - as the penalty would be more than just the tx once caught I'd expect.

I would expect AMMO could be handled exactly the same

Edited by Kimber45 (02/05/13 08:33 AM)

#3152522 - 02/05/13 08:48 AM Re: Ammo hunters [Re: Slaughter-06]
DntBrnDPig
8 Point

Loc: Cleveland, TN

THIS! I had a buddy ask me if I knew where any ammo was. I asked him how much he had and he said.. only about 2k rounds of 223..

Seriously?! For those of us who just want to shoot, we cant find it. You are killing my fun with your fear.

#3152547 - 02/05/13 09:08 AM Re: Ammo hunters [Re: Kimber45]
UPSman
TnDeer Old Timer
12 Point

Originally Posted By: Kimber45
Something interesting I was told yesterday and it came from a Classified section director (local sales situation and nothing to do with this site) - I will not share names, only details.

They were questioned by federal folks, comments were made in regards to the beginning of what is supposed to be investigation into those buying 2,3,4 or more New AR's, New Glocks etc and then turning around and doubling their $. What I was told was that the investigation would start in regards to tax evasion on profits made. Came from a fairly reliable source too.

Hope folks understand the rules on this and dont end up getting caught doing something wrong - as the penalty would be more than just the tx once caught I'd expect.

Investigations by who? ATF, IRS, TBI, FBI? Scare tactics......

#3152773 - 02/05/13 12:12 PM Re: Ammo hunters [Re: UPSman]
BuckWild
TnDeer Old Timer
12 Point

Loc: Memphis or Birdsong Creek

Personally I have no use for people that would profit off the deaths of 26 innocent people.

JMHO...YMMV

#3152799 - 02/05/13 12:42 PM Re: Ammo hunters [Re: UPSman]
LSUtigers
8 Point

Loc: tn

What did he get the Colts for; money wise?
#3152801 - 02/05/13 12:44 PM Re: Ammo hunters [Re: BuckWild]
Kimber45 Moderator
Peace Maker
16 Point

Originally Posted By: BuckWild
Personally I have no use for people that would profit off the deaths of 26 innocent people.

JMHO...YMMV

While I see what you're saying, that's an unfair "twist", IMO
That would say that people were selling something directly related to causing harm to those involved, for a profit, right? If so, then is every firearm manufacturer/dealer, ammo manufacturer/dealer to just stop, as the left would love to see?
IMO, I have to believe there's not a single retailer or wholesaler who wouldn't give up their profits to have those children's lives back and with that said, The American Way, is to be free in the ability to peddle your legal items for a profit... With no harm intended to anyone, except mounds of seeming hurt feelings and likely taxation issues, what they are doing is in no way wrong and will in no way cause further harm to the horrific tragedy that took place.

#3152805 - 02/05/13 12:46 PM Re: Ammo hunters [Re: Kimber45]
-DRM-
6 Point

Loc: Spring Hill, TN

I consider this very unlikely. For one - it is almost impossible to prove someone bought something *to* resell it. Even if someone did buy ten AR15's and turn around and sell them the next day - the BATF is going to have to prove they bought them with the intent to re-sell. The fact is - I can buy something immediately say "crap, I really should not have spent all my money" and turn around and sell it to someone else.

As for taxation on profits, not gonna fly.

The people who are repeatedly flipping guns - in effect selling without a FFL - they are already watching them and looking for a chance to bust them. No change there.

The average guy who is just deciding some $$$$$ is worth more than the guns he owns is waaaaay below their radar.

#3152806 - 02/05/13 12:47 PM Re: Ammo hunters [Re: UPSman]
Kimber45 Moderator
Peace Maker
16 Point

"Feds" is all I was told... I'd say by reading up a bit that tax evasion prosecution possibilities are a bit more than scare tactics as for many, they are a reality.

Just something to think about....

#3152886 - 02/05/13 02:05 PM Re: Ammo hunters [Re: Kimber45]
BuckWild
TnDeer Old Timer
12 Point

JMHO...YMMV

While I see what you're saying, that's an unfair "twist", IMO
That would say that people were selling something directly related to causing harm to those involved, for a profit, right? If so, then is every firearm manufacturer/dealer, ammo manufacturer/dealer to just stop, as the left would love to see?
IMO, I have to believe there's not a single retailer or wholesaler who wouldn't give up their profits to have those children's lives back and with that said, The American Way, is to be free in the ability to peddle your legal items for a profit... With no harm intended to anyone, except mounds of seeming hurt feelings and likely taxation issues, what they are doing is in no way wrong and will in no way cause further harm to the horrific tragedy that took place.

I'm talking about individuals mainly...the ones that have let greed override their common sense...

#3152897 - 02/05/13 02:15 PM Re: Ammo hunters [Re: BuckWild]
UPSman
TnDeer Old Timer
12 Point

JMHO...YMMV

Me either.....but check the classifieds out on this site or any other gun related website. People have come out of the woodwork selling stuff. The guy I work with bought his for himself, a brother and nephew.

#3152902 - 02/05/13 02:17 PM Re: Ammo hunters [Re: BuckWild]
DntBrnDPig
8 Point

It's not the death of 26 innocent people they are profiting from..

Its the widespread fear in the gun community that they are profiting from.

#3152903 - 02/05/13 02:22 PM Re: Ammo hunters [Re: Kimber45]
UPSman
TnDeer Old Timer
12 Point

"Feds" is all I was told... I'd say by reading up a bit that tax evasion prosecution possibilities are a bit more than scare tactics as for many, they are a reality.

I'd say the IRS has a ALOT bigger fish to fry than folks selling guns for profit.

#3152905 - 02/05/13 02:24 PM Re: Ammo hunters [Re: Kimber45]
leader
14 Point

Loc: Knox

It scares me, I don't need to get audited over selling a gun or two. I haven't flipped any as if yet though....

#3152910 - 02/05/13 02:29 PM Re: Ammo hunters [Re: leader]
UPSman
TnDeer Old Timer
12 Point

Sell a #2 pencil for $600 and get a free glock. There will be ways people will go to try and stick it to the govt.

#3152953 - 02/05/13 03:10 PM Re: Ammo hunters [Re: DntBrnDPig]
BuckWild
TnDeer Old Timer
12 Point

Originally Posted By: DntBrnDPig

That's your opinion and you're entitled to it...Lets travel back in time a month or so.

Widespread fear in gun community...

Democrats renew threats to ban guns and hi cap mags...

President addresses nation vowing to do whatever possible to prevent another school shooting...

Madman shoots down 26 innocent people at Sandy Hook Elementary School

As always...JMHO...YMMV

#3153161 - 02/05/13 06:35 PM Re: Ammo hunters [Re: DntBrnDPig]
Kimber45 Moderator
Peace Maker
16 Point

I agree... People are buying out of fear and paying high prices out of fear - driving up demand, driving the fear further out as well.

Its a shame.. I don't wish bad things for anyone but I hope these folks realize about 6- months from now - via AR prices coming back inline and via Glock price/availability coming back inline that they made knee jerk decisions and that they learn from it.. Obviously the flip side of that is that they were right and the production of many items is stopped for civilian purchase which I hope/believe won't be the case.

#3153180 - 02/05/13 06:48 PM Re: Ammo hunters [Re: Kimber45]
Wildcat
Non-Typical

I agree... People are buying out of fear and paying high prices out of fear - driving up demand, driving the fear further out as well.

Its a shame.. I don't wish bad things for anyone but I hope these folks realize about 6- months from now - via AR prices coming back inline and via Glock price/availability coming back inline that they made knee jerk decisions and that they learn from it.. Obviously the flip side of that is that they were right and the production of many items is stopped for civilian purchase which I hope/believe won't be the case.

What CAUSED that fear????

Has anybody been watching the news???

It's only STARTED. Obama made a trip to Minneapolis for one reason and one reason only. To drum up public SUPPORT FOR his anti-gun laws.

#3153181 - 02/05/13 06:48 PM Re: Ammo hunters [Re: leader]
-DRM-
6 Point

Loc: Spring Hill, TN

Originally Posted By: leader
It scares me, I don't need to get audited over selling a gun or two. I haven't flipped any as if yet though....

Why are you scared? If you aren't involved in a straw purchase, and didn't buy *with the intent to resell*, you did nothing wrong.

I was filling out the paperwork at a pawn shop for several AR lowers back in early December and quite literally had someone offer to buy one of them from me as I am still in their store.

Had I chosen to sell one to him, I would have been afoul of NO law, because I did not buy with the intent to re-sell.

#3153258 - 02/05/13 08:00 PM Re: Ammo hunters [Re: Wildcat]
Kimber45 Moderator
Peace Maker
16 Point

Originally Posted By: Wildcat

It's only STARTED. Obama made a trip to Minneapolis for one reason and one reason only. To drum up public SUPPORT FOR his anti-gun laws.

The Left - Obamas followers.. It's no secret what they want to you or anyone else however I believe they'll go for the gold and get the wood..

#3153367 - 02/05/13 09:37 PM Re: Ammo hunters [Re: -DRM-]
leader
14 Point

Loc: Knox

Originally Posted By: -DRM-
 Originally Posted By: leader

Why are you scared? If you aren't involved in a straw purchase, and didn't buy *with the intent to resell*, you did nothing wrong.

I was filling out the paperwork at a pawn shop for several AR lowers back in early December and quite literally had someone offer to buy one of them from me as I am still in their store.

Had I chosen to sell one to him, I would have been afoul of NO law, because I did not buy with the intent to re-sell.

You missed my point, I don't want to be audited. I do nothing wrong but the tax laws are so subjective, you can do nothing wrong and still get zinged. Not to mention the headache am audit causes...

#3156339 - 02/08/13 02:30 PM Re: Ammo hunters [Re: Wildcat]
DntBrnDPig
8 Point

Wildcat, I understand Obama has agenda. I dont think this will pass - but there is enough cause to be concerned.

This thread is about ammo. There have been no mainstream reports of banning ammo. There are a lot of .223 bolt actions that still require ammo. They will be around. Guns will still be around. Ammo will still be around.

The problem with buying ammo right now is because everyone who sees it, buys the entire shelf.

#3156377 - 02/08/13 02:57 PM Re: Ammo hunters [Re: DntBrnDPig]
gator-n-buck
WAFL
16 Point

Loc: Knox, TN / Palatka, FL

The Ammo display at my local Walmart has been empty all week. The sporting goods guy just laughs when I keep asking him what happen to all the ammo..... \:D

Edited by gator-n-buck (02/08/13 02:57 PM)

#3156410 - 02/08/13 03:24 PM Re: Ammo hunters [Re: DntBrnDPig]
Wildcat
Non-Typical

Wildcat, I understand Obama has agenda. I dont think this will pass - but there is enough cause to be concerned.

This thread is about ammo. There have been no mainstream reports of banning ammo. There are a lot of .223 bolt actions that still require ammo. They will be around. Guns will still be around. Ammo will still be around.

The problem with buying ammo right now is because everyone who sees it, buys the entire shelf.

Don't think WHAT will pass??

You talking about Dianne Feinstein's Senate bill??

What about the other bills that are before Congress?? What about the other 15 bills they are trying to get ready right now to put before Congress later?? What about the Seate bills in all the different states?? New York apssed one, Connecticut has one more vote and if passed it goes to the Governor to sign, Kentucky has a bill they are working on. What about the IRS audits of Ruger, S&W, Federal, Hornady???? Ruger is being pushed to the point that they are openly thinking of moving to another state.

One single bill is NOT the end of this, it's only the start.

I'm not talking about anybody banning ammo ever though it possible for them to.

I asked the question on what CAUSED the fear. THAT is the cause, NOT the law abiding American people.

Page all of 4 1234>

Moderator:  RUGER, Unicam, gtk, Tennessee Todd, Lakeland Charlie, Cuttin Caller, CBU93, stretch, Outdoor Lady, TurkeyBurd, MAN, Bobby G, Kimber45, Crappie Luck, Kirk 
Hop to:
Top Posters
RUGER
Deer Assassin
BSK
Crappie Luck
spitndrum
Newest Members
Afleming17, 260rem, Hunter244, Woodsmaster, Tennessee Skeeter
13278 Registered Users
Who's Online
10 registered (zippy, BuckDropper, pledbetter, robin48, elkman, TNDeerGuy, 3 invisible) and 87 anonymous users online.
Forum Stats
13278 Members
42 Forums
85051 Topics
1027660 Posts

Max Online: 788 @ 11/11/13 08:06 PM
Moon Phase
CURRENT MOON
April
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5
6 7 8 9 10 11 12
13 14 15 16 17 18 19
20 21 22 23 24 25 26
27 28 29 30
Forum Donations
The TnDeer.Com Deer Talk Forum is for Tennessee Deer Hunters by Tennessee Deer Hunters. If you enjoy using our Talk Forum and would like to contribute to help in it's up-keep. Just submit your contribution by clicking on the DONATE button below and paying with PayPal or a major credit card. Any amount is much appreciated. Thanks for your support!

TN Burn Safe

Generated in 2.49 seconds in which 2.223 seconds were spent on a total of 14 queries. Zlib compression enabled.