Tndeer Logo

Page 1 of 7 12345>Last »
Topic Options
#3150709 - 02/03/13 09:21 PM Strangest thing you ever caught while fishing??
pressfit
10 Point

Loc: Giles Co. Tn

I was throwing a cast net 2-3 years ago below wheeler dam in the swift water and caught a needlefish... I brought it back to the cabin and showed the family and released it back.. it was about 10 inches long and 3/4 inch diameter.. I couldnt beleive it.. http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http...ed=0CIsBEPwdMA4

#3150716 - 02/03/13 09:25 PM Re: Strangest thing you ever caught while fishing?? [Re: pressfit]
pressfit
10 Point

Loc: Giles Co. Tn

I also caught a big ole waterdog..mudpuppy years ago on a limb line.. it was about a foot long... I thought it was dead,when i touched it.. it started wiggling and flipping and it creeped me out.. I cut it loose and let it go..lol..

#3150731 - 02/03/13 09:35 PM Re: Strangest thing you ever caught while fishing?? [Re: pressfit]
catman529
spiderboy
16 Point

Loc: Franklin TN

confused Online
Dropped my lure in front of a cottonmouth and caught it... Also below old hickory dam last year I was on my boat and some Mexicans on the bank caught a eel, they asked me to take it off the hook... Lol... Well that was the slimiest bass-turd I have ever grabbed a hold of.

I've also caught ducks while grass carp fishing in ponds. Not that strange considering ducks live eating white bread.

My buddy caught a rock bass last year that had part of a hook coming out its butt hole.

#3150760 - 02/03/13 09:49 PM Re: Strangest thing you ever caught while fishing?? [Re: catman529]
Outdoor life
6 Point

Loc: Jackson Co. TN

I've caught a mudpuppy as well, caught sculpin, logperch, but I bet I'm one of a very few people to actually reel in a rock haha

"I don't know the key to success, but the key to failure is trying to please everybody"

#3150828 - 02/03/13 10:15 PM Re: Strangest thing you ever caught while fishing?? [Re: Outdoor life]
catman529
spiderboy
16 Point

Loc: Franklin TN

confused Online
 Originally Posted By: Outdoor life
I've caught a mudpuppy as well, caught sculpin, logperch, but I bet I'm one of a very few people to actually reel in a rock haha
oh I have reeled in a rock too \:D last time I caught sculpin, I was wading a creek at night in between turkey hunts on public land. With a flashlight I was catching banded sculpin, studfish, tadpoles, and tons of crawfish with my bare hands. I have caught logperch in the cast net on occasion.

Never seen or caught a mud puppy...

#3150929 - 02/04/13 03:58 AM Re: Strangest thing you ever caught while fishing?? [Re: catman529]
stik
"Popcorn"
18 Point

Loc: lenoir city,tn

confused Online
rocks, mussels, octopus(NOT in tn \:D ),saw a guy catch an osprey in nc, turtles...

nothing makes a fish bigger than almost being caught

#3151004 - 02/04/13 07:17 AM Re: Strangest thing you ever caught while fishing?? [Re: stik]
GRAMPS
14 Point

Loc: Mount Carmel, TN

Caught an owl one night while bass fishing. I cast out a spinnerbait and suddenly felt the line jerk without hearing the spinnerbait hit the water. After a pretty weird fight with my line being up in the air, I finally reeled in a screech owl. The spinnerbait was in one of his feet or whatever you call them on an owl. I was finally able to net him and I just cut the fishing line. I tried to pull the hook out with a pair of needle nose pliers but the hook fell out while the owl was flopping around in the net.

When the owl finally flew off after flopping around in the boat for a while, I was not sure who was shook up more: him or me. \:D

#3151034 - 02/04/13 07:54 AM Re: Strangest thing you ever caught while fishing?? [Re: GRAMPS]
Craddock1
Spike

Loc: Tennessee , Morgan County

I once caught a pipeline hanger fishing under a bridge. I was using 80# line on my catfish pole. Hanger weighed about 50#. Once I got it loose from the bottom it made me think I had a fish.
#3151073 - 02/04/13 08:26 AM Re: Strangest thing you ever caught while fishing?? [Re: Craddock1]
TN Larry
10 Point

Loc: Baxter, Tennessee

content Online
I have caught or seen a little bit of everything caught - rocks, shoes, beer cans, fishing plugs, rod & reel, etc.

The most odd was that a few years ago I caugt a Hellbender while sauger fishing at Cordell Hull. I had no idea what it was until we did some research. We knew it was too big to be a water dog or mud puppy. It looked like a swamp monster to me. \:\) It was not too happy to have a sauger jig and stinger hook in its side. It latched on to a pair of pliars as we were trying to get it unhooked. The reasearch that we did said that they were relatively calm until provoked. I guess having 4 hooks in it along with being pulled backwards from 50 ft of water to the surface was enough to provoke it. \:\)

#3151081 - 02/04/13 08:35 AM Re: Strangest thing you ever caught while fishing?? [Re: TN Larry]
Mossy Oak
8 Point

Loc: Montgomery Co.

This lamprey was stuck on the side of a big grass carp.

Team Release and Catch Bowfishing

http://www.dirtnapgear.com/

Page 1 of 7 12345>Last »

Moderator:  RUGER, Unicam, CBU93, stretch, Bobby G, Cuttin Caller, Kimber45, Mrs.Unicam, Crappie Luck 
Hop to:
Top Posters
RUGER
Deer Assassin
BSK
Crappie Luck
spitndrum
Newest Members
AdamMcK, purrpplee, tnduckhunter, draw2drop, Oh Deer
13113 Registered Users
Who's Online
10 registered (stik, stryker, Marion deer hunter, in the dog house!, old guy, TN Larry, 2 invisible) and 51 anonymous users online.
Forum Stats
13113 Members
42 Forums
89424 Topics
1045864 Posts

Max Online: 788 @ 11/11/13 08:06 PM
Moon Phase
CURRENT MOON
August
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Forum Donations
The TnDeer.Com Deer Talk Forum is for Tennessee Deer Hunters by Tennessee Deer Hunters. If you enjoy using our Talk Forum and would like to contribute to help in it's up-keep. Just submit your contribution by clicking on the DONATE button below and paying with PayPal or a major credit card. Any amount is much appreciated. Thanks for your support!

TN Burn Safe

Generated in 0.296 seconds in which 0.065 seconds were spent on a total of 15 queries. Zlib compression enabled.