Tndeer Logo

Page all of 7 12345>Last »
Topic Options
#3150709 - 02/03/13 09:21 PM Strangest thing you ever caught while fishing??
pressfit
10 Point

Loc: Giles Co. Tn

I was throwing a cast net 2-3 years ago below wheeler dam in the swift water and caught a needlefish... I brought it back to the cabin and showed the family and released it back.. it was about 10 inches long and 3/4 inch diameter.. I couldnt beleive it.. http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http...ed=0CIsBEPwdMA4

#3150716 - 02/03/13 09:25 PM Re: Strangest thing you ever caught while fishing?? [Re: pressfit]
pressfit
10 Point

I also caught a big ole waterdog..mudpuppy years ago on a limb line.. it was about a foot long... I thought it was dead,when i touched it.. it started wiggling and flipping and it creeped me out.. I cut it loose and let it go..lol..

#3150731 - 02/03/13 09:35 PM Re: Strangest thing you ever caught while fishing?? [Re: pressfit]
catman529
spiderboy
16 Point

Loc: Franklin TN

confused Online
Dropped my lure in front of a cottonmouth and caught it... Also below old hickory dam last year I was on my boat and some Mexicans on the bank caught a eel, they asked me to take it off the hook... Lol... Well that was the slimiest bass-turd I have ever grabbed a hold of.

I've also caught ducks while grass carp fishing in ponds. Not that strange considering ducks live eating white bread.

My buddy caught a rock bass last year that had part of a hook coming out its butt hole.

...since last deer season

#3150760 - 02/03/13 09:49 PM Re: Strangest thing you ever caught while fishing?? [Re: catman529]
Outdoor life
6 Point

Loc: Jackson Co. TN

I've caught a mudpuppy as well, caught sculpin, logperch, but I bet I'm one of a very few people to actually reel in a rock haha

"I don't know the key to success, but the key to failure is trying to please everybody"

#3150828 - 02/03/13 10:15 PM Re: Strangest thing you ever caught while fishing?? [Re: Outdoor life]
catman529
spiderboy
16 Point

confused Online
 Originally Posted By: Outdoor life
I've caught a mudpuppy as well, caught sculpin, logperch, but I bet I'm one of a very few people to actually reel in a rock haha
oh I have reeled in a rock too \:D last time I caught sculpin, I was wading a creek at night in between turkey hunts on public land. With a flashlight I was catching banded sculpin, studfish, tadpoles, and tons of crawfish with my bare hands. I have caught logperch in the cast net on occasion.

Never seen or caught a mud puppy...

#3150929 - 02/04/13 03:58 AM Re: Strangest thing you ever caught while fishing?? [Re: catman529]
stik
"Popcorn"
18 Point

Loc: lenoir city,tn

rocks, mussels, octopus(NOT in tn \:D ),saw a guy catch an osprey in nc, turtles...

nothing makes a fish bigger than almost being caught

#3151004 - 02/04/13 07:17 AM Re: Strangest thing you ever caught while fishing?? [Re: stik]
GRAMPS
14 Point

Loc: Mount Carmel, TN

Caught an owl one night while bass fishing. I cast out a spinnerbait and suddenly felt the line jerk without hearing the spinnerbait hit the water. After a pretty weird fight with my line being up in the air, I finally reeled in a screech owl. The spinnerbait was in one of his feet or whatever you call them on an owl. I was finally able to net him and I just cut the fishing line. I tried to pull the hook out with a pair of needle nose pliers but the hook fell out while the owl was flopping around in the net.

When the owl finally flew off after flopping around in the boat for a while, I was not sure who was shook up more: him or me. \:D

#3151034 - 02/04/13 07:54 AM Re: Strangest thing you ever caught while fishing?? [Re: GRAMPS]
Craddock1
Spike

Loc: Tennessee , Morgan County

I once caught a pipeline hanger fishing under a bridge. I was using 80# line on my catfish pole. Hanger weighed about 50#. Once I got it loose from the bottom it made me think I had a fish.
#3151073 - 02/04/13 08:26 AM Re: Strangest thing you ever caught while fishing?? [Re: Craddock1]
TN Larry
10 Point

Loc: Baxter, Tennessee

I have caught or seen a little bit of everything caught - rocks, shoes, beer cans, fishing plugs, rod & reel, etc.

The most odd was that a few years ago I caugt a Hellbender while sauger fishing at Cordell Hull. I had no idea what it was until we did some research. We knew it was too big to be a water dog or mud puppy. It looked like a swamp monster to me. \:\) It was not too happy to have a sauger jig and stinger hook in its side. It latched on to a pair of pliars as we were trying to get it unhooked. The reasearch that we did said that they were relatively calm until provoked. I guess having 4 hooks in it along with being pulled backwards from 50 ft of water to the surface was enough to provoke it. \:\)

#3151081 - 02/04/13 08:35 AM Re: Strangest thing you ever caught while fishing?? [Re: TN Larry]
Mossy Oak
8 Point

Loc: Montgomery Co.

content Online
This lamprey was stuck on the side of a big grass carp.

Team Release and Catch Bowfishing

http://www.dirtnapgear.com/

#3151103 - 02/04/13 09:02 AM Re: Strangest thing you ever caught while fishing?? [Re: Mossy Oak]
catman529
spiderboy
16 Point

confused Online
 Originally Posted By: Mossy Oak
This lamprey was stuck on the side of a big grass carp.

dang I hooked a carp one time that had a lamprey on it, but it came unlatched before I landed the fish.

#3151210 - 02/04/13 10:29 AM Re: Strangest thing you ever caught while fishing?? [Re: catman529]
Football Hunter
Non-Typical

Loc: Wilson Co/Perry Co

Trolling motor at Center Hill

You wont know,if you dont go!

#3151398 - 02/04/13 01:27 PM Re: Strangest thing you ever caught while fishing?? [Re: Football Hunter]
woodsman87
8 Point

Loc: south TN

I caught a hybrid bass that had a lamprey on it. Probably the most strange to me. Im sure lampreys get caught often though.
#3151411 - 02/04/13 01:36 PM Re: Strangest thing you ever caught while fishing?? [Re: woodsman87]
Bayou Buck
10 Point

Loc: Spring Hill / Perry Co

I've caught a ton of crabs and some stingrays but that was in Louisiana. Other than that, nothing too exciting.
#3151459 - 02/04/13 02:28 PM Re: Strangest thing you ever caught while fishing?? [Re: Bayou Buck]
huntintn
8 Point

Loc: savannah,TN

caught a trotline on time, that wasn't strange the body hung up in the trotline was though. Burnt all day messing with the LEOs, wanted to haul him back with my boat, I said NO,NO,NO.

#3151503 - 02/04/13 03:04 PM Re: Strangest thing you ever caught while fishing?? [Re: huntintn]
Football Hunter
Non-Typical

Originally Posted By: huntintn
caught a trotline on time, that wasn't strange the body hung up in the trotline was though. Burnt all day messing with the LEOs, wanted to haul him back with my boat, I said NO,NO,NO.
What???You hooked a trot line,with a dead body on it???

#3151582 - 02/04/13 04:29 PM Re: Strangest thing you ever caught while fishing?? [Re: Football Hunter]
huntintn
8 Point

Loc: savannah,TN

Originally Posted By: Football Hunter
What???You hooked a trot line,with a dead body on it???
Yep hung in on a crankbait when I pulled the line up to get my bait a body was hooked 3 ft from wher my crankbait was. From the looks of it it had been there awhile. Tied a marker bouye to the trot line and went to call LEOs.

#3151626 - 02/04/13 04:54 PM Re: Strangest thing you ever caught while fishing?? [Re: huntintn]
Dbllunger
10 Point

Loc: Middle Tennessee

content Online

Ding..Ding...Ding...We have a winner!!! Wow!

I caught a sea turtle once...not near as weird as a human body though

#3151638 - 02/04/13 05:02 PM Re: Strangest thing you ever caught while fishing?? [Re: Dbllunger]
Benelli 4 Life
4 Point

Loc: Bledsoe Co. TN

I caught a 10lb or so coon one night on a jitterbug. Put up a heck of fight too.

#3151672 - 02/04/13 05:21 PM Re: Strangest thing you ever caught while fishing?? [Re: Benelli 4 Life]
Crosshairy
10 Point

Loc: Bartlett, TN

yeah...the dead body wins \:D

I've seen a hellbender while fishing, but didn't actually catch it. It was big though...nearly 2 feet long.

Other stuff...
- a mussel or two,
- a crappie with a lamprey attached
- My dad and I caught the same bass at the same time (it ate both of our lures and we reeled it in together)
- A couple of rocks (mostly with crankbaits)
- Grass carp on a crankbait (9 lbs)
- 2 or 3 times had bass eat the bream I was reeling in
- My son and I caught a flathead catfish last year in a pay lake that supposedly only had channel cats in it (owner was pretty surprised!)

#3151696 - 02/04/13 05:45 PM Re: Strangest thing you ever caught while fishing?? [Re: Crosshairy]
RUGER Administrator
Bambi Killa
Non-Typical

Loc: TN

I caught a rock one time that was bigger than a softball.
\:D

#3151833 - 02/04/13 07:03 PM Re: Strangest thing you ever caught while fishing?? [Re: RUGER]
Kevin
8 Point

Loc: Jackson, TN

I caught a rod and reel when i was about 9, that my dad had thrown in the lake when he was 11, It was pretty neat.

My grandad lives on a 700+ acre lake in southwest memphis, and was in the boat when my dad threw it in the water out of frustration, was also in the boat when i pulled up the old rod. Really neat to me, I loved telling him what i had caught!

A bad day fishing is better than a good day of work.

Roll Tide

#3151852 - 02/04/13 07:11 PM Re: Strangest thing you ever caught while fishing?? [Re: catman529]
Outdoor life
6 Point

Originally Posted By: catman529
oh I have reeled in a rock too \:D last time I caught sculpin, I was wading a creek at night in between turkey hunts on public land. With a flashlight I was catching banded sculpin, studfish, tadpoles, and tons of crawfish with my bare hands. I have caught logperch in the cast net on occasion.

Never seen or caught a mud puppy...

hey hey, good I'm not alone in reeling in a rock \:D

"I don't know the key to success, but the key to failure is trying to please everybody"

#3151923 - 02/04/13 07:36 PM Re: Strangest thing you ever caught while fishing?? [Re: Outdoor life]
moondawg
16 Point

Loc: Millington, TN

A bundle of oregano. Or was it thyme or rosemary? I don't remember. But I was fishing in Gulf Islands Nat'l park and hooked something. Reeled it in, and it was a bundle of herbs (the legal kind).

#3152062 - 02/04/13 08:54 PM Re: Strangest thing you ever caught while fishing?? [Re: moondawg]
northeasthunter
8 Point

Loc: brentwood

a blue lobster
#3152173 - 02/04/13 09:53 PM Re: Strangest thing you ever caught while fishing?? [Re: northeasthunter]
chip
6 Point

Loc: spring hill

A budddy of mine caught a catfish basket full of catfish while we were sauger fishing the tn river . It was full of channel cats we thought he hung a log but you could feel them moving on the line . He was using 40lb fireline and hauled in atleast 80lbs of fish .
#3152186 - 02/04/13 10:01 PM Re: Strangest thing you ever caught while fishing?? [Re: chip]
pressfit
10 Point

last year my family and I was fishing the swift water below wheeler dam and I had a anchor tied with a yellow rope to the front of the boat.. we got ready to move and the anchor was hung up and would not let go..I had to cut the line and lost my (store bought) anchor.. we moved to another spot.. probably 100 feet away ..I made a cast and hooked something.. I reeled it in and it was a blue rope with a (store bought) anchor attached... I tied it on and went right on fishing..LOL

#3152268 - 02/04/13 10:57 PM Re: Strangest thing you ever caught while fishing?? [Re: Crosshairy]
catman529
spiderboy
16 Point

confused Online
 Originally Posted By: Crosshairy
yeah...the dead body wins \:D

I've seen a hellbender while fishing, but didn't actually catch it. It was big though...nearly 2 feet long.

Other stuff...
- a mussel or two,
- a crappie with a lamprey attached
- My dad and I caught the same bass at the same time (it ate both of our lures and we reeled it in together)
- A couple of rocks (mostly with crankbaits)
- Grass carp on a crankbait (9 lbs)
- 2 or 3 times had bass eat the bream I was reeling in
- My son and I caught a flathead catfish last year in a pay lake that supposedly only had channel cats in it (owner was pretty surprised!)
a buddy and I once caught the same bullhead at the same time... He took both our baits in a row

#3152305 - 02/05/13 12:19 AM Re: Strangest thing you ever caught while fishing?? [Re: catman529]
SilverFox
10 Point

Loc: Kodak TN

Underwear, rocks, a 30 pound anchor, and a duck I guess are the strangest things I can remember catching.

I set the hook on the anchor with a rattletrap (at least that's what I think I was throwing) and you talk about a fight. It had probably 30-40 foot of rope on it. When the rope got tight I had no clue what I had. I eased the boat up and the anchor rope came into view.

The duck I caught on a jig. The wind caught the jig (crappie jig) and the duck flew right into it. 6lb braided line that was 2lb diameter. Try pulling that in by hand with a duck trying to get under docks on you. I cut the hook and ran it back out. He was happy to get set free.

#3152593 - 02/05/13 09:39 AM Re: Strangest thing you ever caught while fishing?? [Re: SilverFox]
Urban_Hunter
8 Point

Loc: TN

Jet Ski. In a tournament half way back in a 400-500 yard long creek channel (cove) and jet ski came hauling in 45mph 20 ft from us. Got to the back of the cove, turned around, and headed out... again hauling balls. My partner dropped his pole, grabbed another with a football jig and whizzed it at least 1,000 mph at them. Busted the cover for the front console on the ski. As they stopped my buddy started yelling and jumped in the driver seat to give chase I guess. They took off scared to death, yanking my buddies pole off the boat. I was stunned at the whole situation and I couldn't stop laughing at how mad he was, even though it pissed me off too! Looking back, he could have killed one of them with that jig! Not to mention, it was a teen with his girlfriend on the ski.

You're never to old to learn something stupid.

#3152601 - 02/05/13 09:44 AM Re: Strangest thing you ever caught while fishing?? [Re: Urban_Hunter]
Unicam Administrator
Grumpaw
16 Point

Loc: Dallas, GA. & Cookeville, TN

Lets see, have caught a bat, a pelican, used to catch bullfrogs with small bass poppers and a 70's vintage F-250 with a camper on it with my flyrod....sure did destroy that rod and reel!

John 15:13

#3152779 - 02/05/13 12:21 PM Re: Strangest thing you ever caught while fishing?? [Re: Unicam]
CountryBoy053
8 Point

Loc: Blount Co., TN

Caught several ducks, and 2 geese. Caught a few snapping turtles. Broken rods and reels. My own rod and reel that I got mad and threw in the water. A unopened 6 pack of miller light. And a fishing net.

But i feel like I have caught nothing strange compared to a dead body...

You do not need a parachute to skydive. You only need a parachute to skydive twice

#3152895 - 02/05/13 02:14 PM Re: Strangest thing you ever caught while fishing?? [Re: Crosshairy]
7mm08
10 Point

Loc: In a river hopefully!

seagull dove in after my fly
crab
pond swallow

I would like to catch a mermaid however.

#3153228 - 02/05/13 07:38 PM Re: Strangest thing you ever caught while fishing?? [Re: huntintn]
Outdoor life
6 Point

Wow, thats shocking enough just to read, I can only imagine how you must have felt whne you saw it.

#3153230 - 02/05/13 07:41 PM Re: Strangest thing you ever caught while fishing?? [Re: Unicam]
Outdoor life
6 Point

Originally Posted By: Unicam
Lets see, have caught a bat, a pelican, used to catch bullfrogs with small bass poppers and a 70's vintage F-250 with a camper on it with my flyrod....sure did destroy that rod and reel!

Hold it?! You caught a truck? I have to know, how.
Now if you're anything like me at fly fishing, many things behind and above me have been hooked haha.

#3153237 - 02/05/13 07:49 PM Re: Strangest thing you ever caught while fishing?? [Re: Outdoor life]
doubledownranch
8 Point

Loc: Old Hickory / Watertown

My scuba instructor at Mtsu took a class to stones river. They dove in and started diving, one student found a car that had a body in it. Not fishing but quite a find. Police identified the car and missing person... Guess you never know what's down there...

Team Run 'N Gunners

πKa

#3153273 - 02/05/13 08:11 PM Re: Strangest thing you ever caught while fishing?? [Re: doubledownranch]
SES
8 Point

Loc: Corryton, Tn

Me and my fishing bud were carp fishing one day on the French broad. Carp yanked his only rod in the water. A minute or two later I got a bite. My hook went through the last eyelet on the rod that got pulled in. I reeled in his rod and then reeled in his fish.
#3153288 - 02/05/13 08:17 PM Re: Strangest thing you ever caught while fishing?? [Re: SES]
Outdoor life
6 Point

Originally Posted By: SES
Me and my fishing bud were carp fishing one day on the French broad. Carp yanked his only rod in the water. A minute or two later I got a bite. My hook went through the last eyelet on the rod that got pulled in. I reeled in his rod and then reeled in his fish.

So who claimed the fish..You or your friend???? hahaha

#3153312 - 02/05/13 08:36 PM Re: Strangest thing you ever caught while fishing?? [Re: Outdoor life]
SES
8 Point

Loc: Corryton, Tn

He bought the beverages the next time we went. I'd have let him claim the fish.
#3154487 - 02/06/13 09:47 PM Re: Strangest thing you ever caught while fishing?? [Re: SES]
AllOutdoors
10 Point

Loc: Tennessee

Rod and reel, sea doo, bucket, boot, rock, mussel, turtle, duck,bat, eel, glove, plastic chair.

#3154886 - 02/07/13 10:44 AM Re: Strangest thing you ever caught while fishing?? [Re: Outdoor life]
Unicam Administrator
Grumpaw
16 Point

Now if you're anything like me at fly fishing, many things behind and above me have been hooked haha.

I was flyfishing Pass Lake in Washington state a long long time ago and on a false cast I hooked the mirror of a 70's era Ford F-250 that was going down the highway. My line was coming off the reel so fast it was crazy. I started to grab the line and glad I didnt. When it hit the end of the backing on the reel it poped off, but so did the reel pop off the pole, destroying an old bamboo rod and good fly reel that my grandfather had given me.

#3154968 - 02/07/13 12:11 PM Re: Strangest thing you ever caught while fishing?? [Re: AllOutdoors]
stratos195
4 Point

Loc: lebanon tn

Caught a beaver in the tail, now that was a fight!!!
#3155352 - 02/07/13 05:58 PM Re: Strangest thing you ever caught while fishing?? [Re: Unicam]
Outdoor life
6 Point

I was flyfishing Pass Lake in Washington state a long long time ago and on a false cast I hooked the mirror of a 70's era Ford F-250 that was going down the highway. My line was coming off the reel so fast it was crazy. I started to grab the line and glad I didnt. When it hit the end of the backing on the reel it poped off, but so did the reel pop off the pole, destroying an old bamboo rod and good fly reel that my grandfather had given me.

Oh that sucks! And you probably couldn't do that again if you tried, even though I hope no one would.

#3159652 - 02/11/13 10:56 AM Re: Strangest thing you ever caught while fishing?? [Re: Outdoor life]
gustaf
Button

Loc: Tenn

Caught the remains of a Coleman lantern several years ago. The glass was gone, tank full of mud and about rusted away, but I still have the brass parts off of it. A cheap spincast rod & reel; hooked it through one of the guides.
#3160481 - 02/11/13 10:19 PM Re: Strangest thing you ever caught while fishing?? [Re: pressfit]
B.D.
8 Point

Loc: Hendersonville TN

One time I was fishing alone at night for stripers, throwing big Cordell Redfins. I was catching quite a few fish - not any big ones, but there were schoolies busting bait all around, and the action was fast.

Anyway, at one point I landed a small striper that was probably about 20 inches long, and as I lifted him into the boat, he came unhooked and fell in the floorboard of my boat. I set down my rod and absentmindedly laid the Redfin in my boat seat, and then I grabbed the striper off the floor of my boat and tossed him back in the lake.

And that's where I messed up. I forgot the Redfin was sitting in my seat, and I sat back down on it. Two prongs of the treble hooks went right through the coveralls and jeans I was wearing and stuck me right in the butt. And at the same time, a few more prongs of the treble hooks went into the vinyl cover of my boat seat. So then the hooks were in my butt, and more hooks were in my seat, and the Redfin was holding the seat against my butt so that I could neither remove the seat from my butt nor get a hand into a place where I could remove the hooks from my backside.

I had to remove the seat from the pedestal, drive the boat back to the ramp with the pedestal seat sitting on top of the other seat (THANK GOD the lake was deserted and I didn't have to cross any boat wakes and drive the hooks further into my butt), then trailer my boat with the boat seat on my butt, and then drive back to my girlfriend's apartment with the pedestal seat sitting on top of my driver's seat in my car. At that point, with the assistance of my girlfriend, we decided my coveralls and jeans were less expensive than a replacement boat seat, so we cut the seat out of my pants, got the hooks out of my butt, and then carefully removed the other hooks from the boat seat with minimal damage.

So I guess the strangest thing I've caught while fishing is my own butt, though at least I did learn a valuable lesson about looking where I sit.

bd

#3160488 - 02/11/13 10:25 PM Re: Strangest thing you ever caught while fishing?? [Re: B.D.]
ZachMarkus
4 Point

Loc: Lawrence county, TN

2 alligators one time when I was in Florida and about a 30 or 40 lb beaver on Wilson lake lol
#3160516 - 02/11/13 11:08 PM Re: Strangest thing you ever caught while fishing?? [Re: B.D.]
catman529
spiderboy
16 Point

confused Online
 Originally Posted By: B.D.
One time I was fishing alone at night for stripers, throwing big Cordell Redfins. I was catching quite a few fish - not any big ones, but there were schoolies busting bait all around, and the action was fast.

Anyway, at one point I landed a small striper that was probably about 20 inches long, and as I lifted him into the boat, he came unhooked and fell in the floorboard of my boat. I set down my rod and absentmindedly laid the Redfin in my boat seat, and then I grabbed the striper off the floor of my boat and tossed him back in the lake.

And that's where I messed up. I forgot the Redfin was sitting in my seat, and I sat back down on it. Two prongs of the treble hooks went right through the coveralls and jeans I was wearing and stuck me right in the butt. And at the same time, a few more prongs of the treble hooks went into the vinyl cover of my boat seat. So then the hooks were in my butt, and more hooks were in my seat, and the Redfin was holding the seat against my butt so that I could neither remove the seat from my butt nor get a hand into a place where I could remove the hooks from my backside.

I had to remove the seat from the pedestal, drive the boat back to the ramp with the pedestal seat sitting on top of the other seat (THANK GOD the lake was deserted and I didn't have to cross any boat wakes and drive the hooks further into my butt), then trailer my boat with the boat seat on my butt, and then drive back to my girlfriend's apartment with the pedestal seat sitting on top of my driver's seat in my car. At that point, with the assistance of my girlfriend, we decided my coveralls and jeans were less expensive than a replacement boat seat, so we cut the seat out of my pants, got the hooks out of my butt, and then carefully removed the other hooks from the boat seat with minimal damage.

So I guess the strangest thing I've caught while fishing is my own butt, though at least I did learn a valuable lesson about looking where I sit.

bd
\:D \:D oh man that is a good one. the thought of going and trailering the boat and driving home all the while hooked to a boat seat is hilarious.

#3160531 - 02/11/13 11:15 PM Re: Strangest thing you ever caught while fishing?? [Re: catman529]
deerhunter10
10 Point

Loc: maury county tn

cotton mouth! lets just say he wasn't to pleased! haha

#3160536 - 02/11/13 11:22 PM Re: Strangest thing you ever caught while fishing?? [Re: B.D.]
Outdoor life
6 Point

bd

I'm sorry but I'm laughing while reading this. I'm sure after the "honey, I need a little help" question to her, you got an interesting look haha

#3160623 - 02/12/13 06:26 AM Re: Strangest thing you ever caught while fishing?? [Re: Outdoor life]
.243win
Spike

Loc: Farragut, TN

Crescent wrench at Ft Loundon
#3160884 - 02/12/13 10:24 AM Re: Strangest thing you ever caught while fishing?? [Re: .243win]
BSK
Jerkasourous of the non-typical kind
Non-Typical

Loc: Nashville, TN

Baby alligator while shiner fishing for bass in Florida.

"There is no reasoning someone out of a position he has not reasoned himself into." --Clive James

#3160928 - 02/12/13 10:52 AM Re: Strangest thing you ever caught while fishing?? [Re: Outdoor life]
Football Hunter
Non-Typical

bd

I'm sorry but I'm laughing while reading this. I'm sure after the "honey, I need a little help" question to her, you got an interesting look haha
yeah,thats funny

#3162034 - 02/13/13 07:10 AM Re: Strangest thing you ever caught while fishing?? [Re: Football Hunter]
Rick Dillard
4 Point

Loc: Gluckstadt, MS

Cottonmouth water moccasin while largemouth bass fishing.
Great blue heron while fishing for hybrid striped bass.

#3162106 - 02/13/13 08:20 AM Re: Strangest thing you ever caught while fishing?? [Re: B.D.]
Unicam Administrator
Grumpaw
16 Point

bd

Sounds like that hurt a bit, but the mental image is cracking me up!!

#3163041 - 02/13/13 07:57 PM Re: Strangest thing you ever caught while fishing?? [Re: pressfit]
Hunt 365
4 Point

Loc: Jackson, Tennessee

Have caught a bat fly fishing, a seagull casting a jig, and a gator (in Florida) on a bass plug
#3165652 - 02/15/13 10:14 PM Re: Strangest thing you ever caught while fishing?? [Re: Hunt 365]
rocket04
4 Point

Loc: blount co. tennessee

content Online
i once caught a condom on a bandit crankbait in 10 feet of water, I once caught some fishing line around a dock on a spinnerbait that had a push button rod like a kid would use on one end and a 3 lb largemouth on the other end. my brother caught a bra on day and I must say the owner was well gifted lol.

Edited by rocket04 (02/15/13 10:14 PM)

#3167125 - 02/17/13 10:22 AM Re: Strangest thing you ever caught while fishing?? [Re: pressfit]
BigCat
Button

Loc: Williamson Co., TN

Caught a $300 slalom ski on Priest one summer. Casted a crank bait near a downed log and snagged the boot. It was totally under water when I snagged it or someone would have surely grabbed it. I hope the skier wasn't stuck under the log!!
#3167800 - 02/17/13 08:08 PM Re: Strangest thing you ever caught while fishing?? [Re: BigCat]
Bigg'un4214
10 Point

Loc: east tn

I caught a sea robin once as well as a toad fish. Both were ugly as sin. When I was about 13 I was casting in the back yard and caught a housecat. I also caught a filleted red fish in the intercostal waterway. The tide was going out and it put up a really good fight.

#3167819 - 02/17/13 08:18 PM Re: Strangest thing you ever caught while fishing?? [Re: Bigg'un4214]
Coach B
6 Point

Loc: Marshall County, TN

Foul hooked a paddlefish around the tail once. Also watched my dad hook an aligator right on top of the head with a popping bug on a fly rod. We were at Disney World and its about the only thing I remember from the trip.
#3168474 - 02/18/13 10:49 AM Re: Strangest thing you ever caught while fishing?? [Re: Mossy Oak]
LA man
18 Point

Loc: spencer, tn/houma, la.

i caught an octapus while fishing for snapper way out in the gulf

#3168535 - 02/18/13 11:47 AM Re: Strangest thing you ever caught while fishing?? [Re: LA man]
deerkiller300wsm
6 Point

Loc: maryville,tn

I foul hooked my buddy's girl friend with a jig in the thigh once.......she never went fishing again with him
#3168755 - 02/18/13 04:12 PM Re: Strangest thing you ever caught while fishing?? [Re: deerkiller300wsm]
beechnut
12 Point

Loc: DRUMMONDS TN 38023

A buzz.... \:D \:D

#3171037 - 02/20/13 05:17 PM Re: Strangest thing you ever caught while fishing?? [Re: beechnut]
ncboyhuntintn
Spike

Loc: houston co.

a radial tire,tons of ribbonfish at pier in Myrtle Beach.
#3173667 - 02/23/13 01:28 AM Re: Strangest thing you ever caught while fishing?? [Re: ncboyhuntintn]
fourwheeler431
14 Point

Loc: Powell

I caught a barn cat one time reaching over some cat tails in a farm pond,that was one of the best fights I ever had on a rod and reel. The old farmer finally caught him and held him down with welding gloves on while I took my jig out of his jaw.

Page all of 7 12345>Last »

Moderator:  RUGER, Unicam, CBU93, stretch, Bobby G, Cuttin Caller, Kimber45, Mrs.Unicam, Crappie Luck 
Hop to:
Top Posters
RUGER
Deer Assassin
BSK
Crappie Luck
spitndrum
Newest Members
TboneD, sbhockey, ZachA, DocT, Raegan
13202 Registered Users
Who's Online
100 registered (TN RDG RNR, wayne, hinshm, cmehunt, volsgo1, SNAKEBITE, 10 invisible) and 133 anonymous users online.
Forum Stats
13202 Members
42 Forums
91410 Topics
1068575 Posts

Max Online: 788 @ 11/11/13 08:06 PM
Moon Phase
CURRENT MOON
August
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Forum Donations
The TnDeer.Com Deer Talk Forum is for Tennessee Deer Hunters by Tennessee Deer Hunters. If you enjoy using our Talk Forum and would like to contribute to help in it's up-keep. Just submit your contribution by clicking on the DONATE button below and paying with PayPal or a major credit card. Any amount is much appreciated. Thanks for your support!

TN Burn Safe

Generated in 0.046 seconds in which 0.001 seconds were spent on a total of 14 queries. Zlib compression enabled.