8 Point

Loc: Knoxville Tn

Lol

Genesis 27:3

#3150370 - 02/03/13 06:08 PM Re: Obama goes shooting [Re: PinchPoint]
citico_tim
10 Point

Loc: Knoxville, TN, USA

I think someone photoshopped the shirt and watch.

-Thomas Jefferson

#3150434 - 02/03/13 07:07 PM Re: Obama goes shooting [Re: Camp David]
Kirk
Cerebral Assassin
16 Point

Loc: Cleveland, TN USA

#3150705 - 02/03/13 09:19 PM Re: Obama goes shooting [Re: Kirk]
worriedman
6 Point

Loc: Bells

I am sure that the White House staff has someone who knows at least a little about skeet. They should have consulted that person (or hired one, would have helped the latest unemployment figures) prior to trying to cover the President's smart aleck statement regarding skeet shooting. Challenged by the general public as to why we had never seen a picture of the President thusly engaged, (an Internet thing for the Internet age "it did not happen without pictures") and in my opinion having nothing to put up to prove said occurrence, somebody tried to "gin" up some evidence, and a poor job they did. They should have stayed with the written word and left well enough alone, we are used to hearing things that can't be proven, no films of the hordes rioting in Benghazi just prior to taking and killing our Ambassador, cutting the deficit in half by end of first term...any number of proclamations that cannot be factualized, we have become accustomed to rhetoric without bone fides.

So we come to the story that the President is not trying to violate the 2nd Amendment, why, he is just a regular guy, shoots skeet all the time. They could not leave the tale alone, they had to try and birth some proof. Surely they should have run it by someone who knows enough about the game to look at that terrible piece of trash picture that got posted to call B.S. prior to throwing it out for scrutiny.

First off, no one who owns a high dollar over and under shotgun is going to fire it without having choke tubes installed in BOTH barrels. Skeet is a game of "doubles", two targets are throw at the same time after a set of singles at most stations, the shotgun by necessity has to be set up balanced, one would NOT leave a choke tube out, or have one extended and one flush. The picture under consideration clearly shows the bottom barrel missing the extended tube present in the upper one.

Secondly, modern day ammunition uses "smokeless" powder, resulting in that very thing, smokeless shooting. The plumes of smoke wafting from the barrel in this supposed photo would have to be black powder fueled to generate that volume (In the vein of "The lady doth protest too much, methinks"). In addition, the cloud visible from the off side of the barrel, (not the end of it) is coming out of "porting" a series of holes drilled to let gas escape to lesson recoil and "muzzle flip". The holes are evident upon close inspection, but as in every shotgun that has that added feature, they are installed on BOTH sides, and smoke would be visible exiting on the near side of the barrel just as it is on the far side. I suspect that the smoke is "shopped" into the photo, and rather poorly done at that. There is a term which involves a shotgun, and smoke, and from some of President Obama's writings on THAT subject I could be convinced that he knew his way around that use, but am currently unconvinced that he has any mastery of the tool for skeet.

The angle of the shotgun is far too low on the horizon to be engaging any shot in skeet, where the elevation of the targets are only too well known to those who enjoy the game is not as indicative of shenanigans in portrayal, he could in fact be that bad at it, but it is worthy of consideration. He certainly needs coaching as his stance is very inappropriate, perhaps his skeet Czar left like so many other of his cabinet?

That they think so little of the observational capabilities of folks who have shot thousands of rounds of skeet over the years is insulting. As a professional purveyor of Bovine Scatology myself, (I have a card) I am embarrassed at the week-kneed attempt on their part to cover the unlikely proclamation that the President and his friends "Yes, in fact, up at Camp David, we do skeet shooting all the time.

Life Member NRA, TFA, Tennesseans for Liberty

#3150845 - 02/03/13 10:28 PM Re: Obama goes shooting [Re: worriedman]
Kimberman
10 Point

Loc: Knoxville

Only the top barrel has a choke tube in it. If he is shooting skeet, he would need both barrels to have a choke tube.

#3150871 - 02/03/13 10:51 PM Re: Obama goes shooting [Re: Kimberman]
hunter0925
8 Point

Loc: TN, Rhea,

Gotta love how these discrepencies are so obvious but yet if the media hears anybody saying anything then we Republicans would just be being "racist". Stock up and arm yourselves because this will not be the last time during this presidents tenure that we will have a gun control battle on our hands.

#3151084 - 02/04/13 08:37 AM Re: Obama goes shooting [Re: hunter0925]
JWW4
8 Point

Loc: Signal Mtn, TN

His origional quote is he "goes all the time", but the most recent pic they can release is from 6 months ago. Doesn't sound like its a all the time thing.

Journal: http://www.gymwhisman.blogspot.com/

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Mt-Top-Sheep-Farm/379848202142838

#3151629 - 02/04/13 04:55 PM Re: Obama goes shooting [Re: JWW4]
Hunter 257W
10 Point

Loc: Franklin County

osama doesn't know which end to put against his shoulder. The smoke was the 1st thing that jumped out at me as an obvious fake added by someone who has no real experience with guns to make it look the way they THINK it should. Regarding the obvious fact that he's aiming too low for skeet, I could maybe say he was shooting trap and doesn't know the difference in the two games. \:\) That would only defend the picture conceirng it being fake or not though and would do nothing to defend osama being a frequent shooter. Of course even talking about him being a frequent shooter is silly - he obviously knows nothing at all about guns. I bet he held the shotgun sideways and tried to sight down the forearm until somebody corrected him. \:\)
#3151633 - 02/04/13 04:56 PM Re: Obama goes shooting [Re: Hunter 257W]
Crappie Luck Moderator
Non-Typical

Loc: Smith Co.

You would THINK, if they were going to fake a photo, they'd at least make sure he is shooting UP at clays.

This must be his "Shotgun self-defense photo"

\:D

#3151810 - 02/04/13 06:56 PM Re: Obama goes shooting [Re: Crappie Luck]
Big J
16 Point

Loc: Joelton

LOW BIRD!!! LOW BIRD D;$n IT!!!!!!!!!!!!

Page 2 of 3 <123>

Moderator:  gtk, Crappie Luck, Tennessee Todd, RUGER, Unicam, stretch, Cuttin Caller, Bobby G, Kimber45 
Hop to:
Top Posters
RUGER
Deer Assassin
BSK
Crappie Luck
spitndrum
Newest Members
yarddawg54, schiesser, bigdoc, Bggamehunter, willy2763
13605 Registered Users
Who's Online
4 registered (SX3Mike, TX300mag, JCS, yellowlabmann) and 88 anonymous users online.
Forum Stats
13605 Members
43 Forums
100233 Topics
1180122 Posts

Max Online: 788 @ 11/11/13 08:06 PM
Moon Phase
CURRENT MOON
December
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30 31
Forum Donations
The TnDeer.Com Deer Talk Forum is for Tennessee Deer Hunters by Tennessee Deer Hunters. If you enjoy using our Talk Forum and would like to contribute to help in it's up-keep. Just submit your contribution by clicking on the DONATE button below and paying with PayPal or a major credit card. Any amount is much appreciated. Thanks for your support!

TN Burn Safe

Generated in 0.008 seconds in which 0.001 seconds were spent on a total of 15 queries. Zlib compression enabled.