Tndeer Logo

Page 3 of 3 <123
Topic Options
#3148730 - 02/01/13 09:21 PM Re: My dad had is own way of saying things [Re: Coach]
Smokin' Joe
Button

Loc: Nashville, TN

My dad is still around and I cherish every moment as he is going on 71yoa. Thought I might add a few for you folks that I still use with my son and grew up hearing;
1. Boy always remember there is more than one way around the outhouse.....
2. You can't make a race horse out of a jack-ARSE
3. No good job can be accomplished sitting on your ARSE
4. If the good lords willin and the creek dont rise
5. Mom always said I brought you into this world, I can take you out.
6. Mom again, boy wait till I tell your daddy or wait till your daddy gets home.
7. Supper table is for eaten, you want to talk, go in yonder.
8. When you feel froggy jump,.....I only tried it once and never made that mistake again.
9. Hit the ground running and go to bed tired
10. You would just as soon scratch a tigers ARSE in a phone booth with sand paper as to jack with me boy!
11. I will go through you like a dose of sauce though a widow woman!
12.Heard him tell a few fellows this one time. I whooped men twice the size of you, just to see a fight little lone fight.
13.Don't piss in the wind, don't tug on supermans cape and dont mess with the police
14. If you set on the banks of the river long enough you will surely see the bodies of your enemies float by.
15. Quicker an cat can lick his ARSE

Brings back a lot memories in my childhood growing up, wish I could back and do it all over, sure would have had a lot more respect for my folks then, instead of thinking I knew everything.

#3148748 - 02/01/13 09:42 PM Re: My dad had is own way of saying things [Re: Smokin' Joe]
SCAT
6 Point

Loc: ANDERSON CO.

Wish I had learned more from my Papaw. He sure was one cool hand.
I took him for a ride in my drag car a few years before he died. He was amazed as he grew up working on A and T models.

What about "Sop and Catheads" for breakfast.

Be still boy and keep that gun to yer shoulder.

Taught me to carry my rifle barrel down on shoulder sling because it makes for a quick shot when stalking or walking.

#3148894 - 02/02/13 06:53 AM Re: My dad had is own way of saying things [Re: TNCharlie]
Coach
16 Point

Loc: Pall Mall, TN and Dexter, MI

Originally Posted By: TNCharlie

Oh, gosh, this brings back so many memories. For the last couple of years of my mother's life we had her make some audio tapes in which she told things about her and the fanmily's life. We now have those on CD; it is really nice to hear her little expressions and stories.

But I do have a question. A favorite by-word of my dad's was "jobbed". Examples: "Flat tire had a jobbed ol' nail in it." "I tripped on that jobbed rock."

I can't recall ever hearing anyone else use that expression. I have no idea what that means. Anyone else heard/say that?

My dad would say "I jobbed a hole in it"...or "just job a rag in it"...but, I never heard it used quite like your mother used it..

Dean Business Supply, Llc

http://www.adam4d.com

#3148902 - 02/02/13 07:03 AM Re: My dad had is own way of saying things [Re: Coach]
Coach
16 Point

Loc: Pall Mall, TN and Dexter, MI

I sure miss my folks and my grandparents...

"let your vittals (victuals) stop your mouth"...when I was talking at the dinner table...Smokin' Joe's post reminded me of this one.

"I'll knock a knot on your head boy"

My cousin Barbara had big feet for a girl when she was 15 or so...We were all going to an old picnic area for a family get together on a Sunday. Cousin Barbara and my dad got on each other all the time and she had been mouthin' off to him on the way to the picnic. We were running late so when we got there someone made mention that we were late and dad said,

"we'd have been here sooner but it took Barbara trying oncet or twicet to get her feet in the car"...

Dean Business Supply, Llc

http://www.adam4d.com

Page 3 of 3 <123

Moderator:  RUGER, Unicam, gtk, Tennessee Todd, Lakeland Charlie, Cuttin Caller, CBU93, stretch, TurkeyBurd, MAN, Bobby G, Kimber45, Crappie Luck 
Hop to:
Top Posters
RUGER
Deer Assassin
BSK
Crappie Luck
spitndrum
Newest Members
Mik475, AaronB, Bad Wolf, jw3783, Jesse91
13279 Registered Users
Who's Online
96 registered (GoldenEagle09, feldmutze, nunleys2010, shooter_5_0, fairchaser, TN Whitetail Freak, 8 invisible) and 120 anonymous users online.
Forum Stats
13279 Members
42 Forums
93159 Topics
1088959 Posts

Max Online: 788 @ 11/11/13 08:06 PM
Moon Phase
CURRENT MOON
September
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Forum Donations
The TnDeer.Com Deer Talk Forum is for Tennessee Deer Hunters by Tennessee Deer Hunters. If you enjoy using our Talk Forum and would like to contribute to help in it's up-keep. Just submit your contribution by clicking on the DONATE button below and paying with PayPal or a major credit card. Any amount is much appreciated. Thanks for your support!

TN Burn Safe

Generated in 0.904 seconds in which 0.001 seconds were spent on a total of 15 queries. Zlib compression enabled.