Tndeer Logo

Page 4 of 4 <1234
Topic Options
#3148277 - 02/01/13 01:18 PM Re: Question for middle-aged and older Tennesseans [Re: Hangnail]
Vermin93
12 Point

Loc: Dallas, TX & Signal Mtn, TN

shocked Online
 Originally Posted By: Hangnail
Vermin, the numbers you posted prove one thing I've been saying to people my entire adult life when it comes to politics. If a voter isn't smart enough to figure out that mixing votes between parties is stupid and counter-productive, they shouldn't be allowed to vote, own a firearm, have a driver's license or be able to procreate.

x2...getting back to my original post, I cannot believe Al Gore sold his TV Network to Al Jazeera, who is basically the radical Islam news network. Then he went on multiple TV shows and defended the sale. What a total slime ball.

"Current Media, LLC, known simply as Current, is an American progressive media company that broadcasts the channel Current TV. The company, initially named INdTV Holdings, was founded in 2002 by former U.S. Vice President Al Gore and businessman Joel Hyatt. Current TV went on the air in the U.S. at midnight EDT on the morning of August 1, 2005.

Current Media is owned by the Qatar-based broadcaster Al Jazeera, which announced its acquisition on January 2, 2013. Al Jazeera has stated that it plans on shutting down the Current TV channel, and launching a new New York-based channel called Al Jazeera America using Current's distribution network. It also plans on scrapping the channel's programing lineup and brand. Previously, Gore, Hyatt, and Ronald Burkle each held a sizable stake in Current, and Comcast and DirecTV each held a smaller stake."

Edited by Vermin93 (02/01/13 01:19 PM)

#3148279 - 02/01/13 01:20 PM Re: Question for middle-aged and older Tennesseans [Re: Hangnail]
Wes Parrish
16 Point

Loc: Knoxville-Dover-Union City, TN

Originally Posted By: Hangnail
Gore ran on his daddy's name, you know, the Southern Democrat that did everything he could to keep the Civil Rights Bill from passing in the 60's. Yep, the party of the minorities is actually the party that kept them at the back of the bus. Go figure.

We received a steady stream of crap from the media, referring to him continuously as Tennessee's favorite son. He was never a real citizen, grew up in D.C., failed out of Vandy, etc. He's a real prick. Need anything else? Oh, if he'd have won Tennessee in 2000, he'd have won the election. Couldn't even pull his own "home" state. And he's a prick, again.

I believe this is a very accurate description of Al Gore, Jr.

My sister had some dealings with him back in the 80's. I believe she and my mother both voted for him during the 80's --- before they actually met him in person. Both claimed he was a very arrogant, self-centered hypocrite, and the epitome of the typical "politician" who talks out of both sides of his mouth. They were saying that about him prior to 1990, years before he became known nationally.

They didn't vote for him when he ran for President, and we all want to puke every time we hear or see anything about him now.

By the way, not only did Al Gore, Jr. fail to carry his home state of TN in his Presidential bid, but he also failed to carry his home county within TN. The people who know him best know he's a con. In fact, Gore may have perpetrated the biggest con in world history with his man-made global warming shenanigans.

No morals, no integrity, it's just all about Al to Al Gore. He is a shameful disgrace to the Great State of Tennessee. And that is how most older Tennesseans feel about him, including the majority who once voted for him and believed in him.

#3148297 - 02/01/13 01:40 PM Re: Question for middle-aged and older Tennesseans [Re: Vermin93]
Wes Parrish
16 Point

Originally Posted By: Vermin93
I cannot believe Al Gore sold his TV Network to Al Jazeera, who is basically the radical Islam news network.

No surprise whatsoever to most "middle-aged and older" Tennesseans.
THIS is the Al Gore we've come to know: Total Hypocrite.
Fortunately, we knew this before he ran for President.

Very telling when the people who knew Al best, particularly his home county, not just his home state, didn't vote for him.

#3148310 - 02/01/13 01:57 PM Re: Question for middle-aged and older Tennesseans [Re: Vermin93]
Vermin93
12 Point

Loc: Dallas, TX & Signal Mtn, TN

shocked Online
Al Gore invoked his Tennessee upbringing just this past Tuesday...

Al Gore Slams Fox News

Former Vice President Al Gore spoke with Charlie Rose on January 29th on the Upper East Side of Manhattan. After praising the integrity, independence and journalistic standards of foreign oil-backed anti-American Al Jazeera, the former Vice President took a swipe at Fox News Channel.

ROSE: Why do you think [Obama] was cautious in the first four years?

GORE: Because...

ROSE: ... he is a cautious man?

GORE: I think it has been a pretty hostile environment for progressive ideas.

ROSE: And why is that? That you're saying it's a very hostile environment for progressive ideas because of the importance of money in corporations or...

GORE: And Fox News and the right-wing talk radio. And yeah I mean, it's not that complicated. In Tennessee there's an old saying if you see a turtle on a fence post you can be pretty sure it didnít get there by itself. And the fact that we have 24/7 propaganda masquerading as news, it does have an impact.

Gore also praised liberal billionaire George Soros as a "wonderful guy" who should have "more influence" while discussing money in politics.

#3148314 - 02/01/13 02:01 PM Re: Question for middle-aged and older Tennesseans [Re: Vermin93]
Wes Parrish
16 Point

Wonder if Al offered Charlie Rose a box of chocolate?

Heard he often had a box of chocolate on hand to garner favor from the the ladies.

#3148380 - 02/01/13 03:11 PM Re: Question for middle-aged and older Tennesseans [Re: Wes Parrish]
Bowdacious
Skillet
16 Point

Loc: over here

sleepy Online
Nope. Didn't vote for him.

There is a difference between being proud and being conceited

Beware the skillet ---O

#3148384 - 02/01/13 03:14 PM Re: Question for middle-aged and older Tennesseans [Re: TAFKAP]
Hangnail
12 Point

Loc: Murfreesboro, TN

I think it is exactly apples to apples. People that expect a conservative Congressman/Senator to support a liberal President are nuts, or vice versa. If I want for everyone to just get along, I'll say I'm independent and stand for absolutuely nothing.
#3148387 - 02/01/13 03:15 PM Re: Question for middle-aged and older Tennesseans [Re: Hangnail]
TNGunsmoke
8 Point

Loc: Jackson,TN

I never voted for him

#3148391 - 02/01/13 03:17 PM Re: Question for middle-aged and older Tennesseans [Re: TNGunsmoke]
stik
"Popcorn"
18 Point

Loc: lenoir city,tn

once before i knew better.

nothing makes a fish bigger than almost being caught

#3148569 - 02/01/13 07:06 PM Re: Question for middle-aged and older Tennesseans [Re: TAFKAP]
AndyW
10 Point

Loc: Allardt, TN

Originally Posted By: TAFKAP
 Originally Posted By: scn
I never voted for him, and have zero use for him. It was very fitting that he couldn't carry his home state when he ran for president.

My sister-in-law and her husband keep a houseboat at Hurricane Marina, where Hizzoner keeps his monstrosity of a boat, as well. Remember, it's the one that he was pressured into installing solar panels, then he named it Bio-Solar 1 (BS-1)?

Well, she got fitshaced one day, and ol' Al was out on his boat. She hollered up at him, "Hey Al, you know if you'da won TN, you'd be President right now????"

\:D \:D \:D \:D \:D

Probably one of Chaneylake's prouder moments \:\)

You'd be refering to Al's 110 foot long biodiesel powered boat...and Hurricane Marina doesn't sell biodiesel....hmmmmm.

And big props to your likkered up sister in law!!!

Page 4 of 4 <1234

Moderator:  RUGER, Unicam, gtk, Tennessee Todd, Lakeland Charlie, Cuttin Caller, CBU93, stretch, TurkeyBurd, MAN, Bobby G, Kimber45, Crappie Luck 
Hop to:
Top Posters
RUGER
Deer Assassin
BSK
Crappie Luck
spitndrum
Newest Members
Litemup80, five by five, Doe1961, OfficerBuck, rapalabuck
13311 Registered Users
Who's Online
123 registered (THE DUKE, archer19, David Sapp, Eric Kilby, hitek7, huntingfool, 16 invisible) and 135 anonymous users online.
Forum Stats
13311 Members
42 Forums
94117 Topics
1099649 Posts

Max Online: 788 @ 11/11/13 08:06 PM
Moon Phase
CURRENT MOON
October
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Forum Donations
The TnDeer.Com Deer Talk Forum is for Tennessee Deer Hunters by Tennessee Deer Hunters. If you enjoy using our Talk Forum and would like to contribute to help in it's up-keep. Just submit your contribution by clicking on the DONATE button below and paying with PayPal or a major credit card. Any amount is much appreciated. Thanks for your support!

TN Burn Safe

Generated in 0.14 seconds in which 0.001 seconds were spent on a total of 15 queries. Zlib compression enabled.