Page 4 of 6 « First<23456>
Topic Options
#3148190 - 02/01/13 11:43 AM Re: Pine Top Hunting Club [Re: Yeppers]
A.Hall
Formerly "Spoon"
Non-Typical

Loc: Bartlett, TN

Originally Posted By: Yeppers
I hear what you are saying, and I think I understand your position on this...

Basically, you guys just didn't hit it off...LOL

All I can tell you is, when I couldn't find ANYWHERE to hunt, I didn't care whether or not I saw the land first. And, since it is 1.5 to 2 hours for me, depending on section, I wasn't thrilled about driving that far, but for the price, you really can't beat this club.

I have one other option - a friend of mine runs a 600 acre club in Fayette Corners area, that I can join for 1000/yr. I really like him, but I just can't pay that. It is literally not within my budget, but I consider it from time to time just because I can be there in 45 minutes.

Even if I do decide to pay 1000 to shorten my drive, I would still probably stay in PineTop because of...
1. 2500+ acres!
2. Really good section organization
3. first come first server "put tag on the board" system
4. constant upkeep of gates by manager
5. constant presence on land of manager
6. rule enforcement by manager
7. willingness to help in stand placement by manager
8. offers to guide by manager
9. etc

Did you notice the ones with stuff about the manager? He really does try hard.

If you guys got cross, it was probably more a personality clash than anything else.

I hope you find a place to hunt, and I wish you good luck.

Business sometimes ends this way, but there's nothing you can do to make sure no one ever pisses you off, it's just gonna happen. When it does, we all have the right to walk away...

Would be nice if the "Manager" would keep his members off my buddies land. We have found several contractors ribbons coming off PT onto his land

#3148214 - 02/01/13 12:20 PM Re: Pine Top Hunting Club [Re: Yeppers]
UpperTully
8 Point

Loc: Millington, Tn

Originally Posted By: Yeppers
I hear what you are saying, and I think I understand your position on this...

Basically, you guys just didn't hit it off...LOL

All I can tell you is, when I couldn't find ANYWHERE to hunt, I didn't care whether or not I saw the land first. And, since it is 1.5 to 2 hours for me, depending on section, I wasn't thrilled about driving that far, but for the price, you really can't beat this club.

I have one other option - a friend of mine runs a 600 acre club in Fayette Corners area, that I can join for 1000/yr. I really like him, but I just can't pay that. It is literally not within my budget, but I consider it from time to time just because I can be there in 45 minutes.

Even if I do decide to pay 1000 to shorten my drive, I would still probably stay in PineTop because of...
1. 2500+ acres!
2. Really good section organization
3. first come first server "put tag on the board" system
4. constant upkeep of gates by manager
5. constant presence on land of manager
6. rule enforcement by manager
7. willingness to help in stand placement by manager
8. offers to guide by manager
9. etc

Did you notice the ones with stuff about the manager? He really does try hard.

If you guys got cross, it was probably more a personality clash than anything else.

I hope you find a place to hunt, and I wish you good luck.

Business sometimes ends this way, but there's nothing you can do to make sure no one ever pisses you off, it's just gonna happen. When it does, we all have the right to walk away...

Well thats the thing, im not hard up to find a place to hunt. I have over 50,000 acres of public land within 30-45 mins away at my disposal. That has very mature bucks on it. Ive hunted the lands for 20 years now, it wont kill me to hunt it another year or two. I was looking for something different. Mainly Unit L to open my options us ever more and have a decent place to turkey hunt

Sounds like the set up works for yall, thats great, more power to yall!

#3148263 - 02/01/13 01:03 PM Re: Pine Top Hunting Club [Re: UpperTully]
volsgo1
10 Point

Loc: Collierville, TN. 38017

I want say anything to yall I wouldnt say to AC. AC is genuine, he is a character no doubt, Id say he is a redneck and he would probably smile and say [censored] right!!!

I met AC on this board and we bought and sold a few guns from eath other and I even paid him to do some work on my house.

Ive considered joining Pine Top because around Memphis its hard to find affordable hunting leases. One I want in really bad goes for 1750.00 for 1000 acres. Last 7 years I have hunted right across the MS. line from Fayette County and its cost me 1000 for the lease and 430 for out of state license. So if you are willing to drive 1/1/2 hours and abide by the rules 400.00 for 2500 plus acres is a dang good deal.

No doubt AC aint gonna sugar coat it but its his club his rules and he aint gotta sugar coat it. I do believe he is a stand up guy that will go out of his way to make sure you enjoy the membership but he wants a commitment to the club and his rules.

Will I join Im not sure because of the drive. Buti wouldnt be scared off by a crazy red neck. Again Id call AC that to his face and he would call me a city slicker hunter wanna be and chuckle. But he is harmless just haveing a little red neck fun. Try it I bet your opinion will change.

Ive also been a member at Ames Plantation for a couple years in the past. Talk about rules they had planty. Talk about an Authoritative Guy, Alan Houston is such but his intent is good he wants to run a tight ship for safety and herd dynamics. Same with A/C just a different personality.

Edited by volsgo1 (02/01/13 01:07 PM)

#3148275 - 02/01/13 01:17 PM Re: Pine Top Hunting Club [Re: volsgo1]
Yeppers
4 Point

A.Hall,

What is a contractor's ribbon? I don't know what that means...

and I'm sure if you tell AC where you are, and where you think our guys are coming on your land, he'll make sure we all know to stay out of there...

You know a section # to tell me? Maybe a location area, like sweet lips, or something like that? Just be specific and it'll be squared away I'm sure.

Now, to be fair, sometimes there are disputes about where our rights end and another's begin, so make sure that's all clear before getting too upset, ok? AC has agreements with people who cut through ours to get to theirs, and vice versa. Also, sometimes, the timber company claims a piece or a road, and an adjacent landowner "disagrees" with that claim. AC and the club members try to be respectful of each situation, but we can't get between the company and the other landowners.

So anyway, be specific and contact AC directly rather than throwing out a generalization on TNDeer, ok? His number is in the Craigslist Ad posted earlier in this thread. If that don't work, let me know and I'll give him your number.

Geez...

#3148283 - 02/01/13 01:26 PM Re: Pine Top Hunting Club [Re: Yeppers]
Yeppers
4 Point

You might mean the little markers that people leave to mark trees to get to/from a stand in the dark?

Or do you mean yellow tape with "Caution" on it?

Not sure what you are saying...

#3148289 - 02/01/13 01:30 PM Re: Pine Top Hunting Club [Re: Yeppers]
Crosshairy
10 Point

He's saying someone was marking trails onto his friend's property that apparently came off of the club land.

Orange/yellow/whatever tape.

#3148291 - 02/01/13 01:31 PM Re: Pine Top Hunting Club [Re: Yeppers]
A.Hall
Formerly "Spoon"
Non-Typical

Yeppers

We have all the hardwood on the left / North side of Pine Top road. Our camp is the last trailer on the left before the split in the road

#3148294 - 02/01/13 01:38 PM Re: Pine Top Hunting Club [Re: A.Hall]
volsgo1
10 Point

AC says call him at 731-608-5587 and if there is a problem it will be corrected pronto

#3148296 - 02/01/13 01:39 PM Re: Pine Top Hunting Club [Re: volsgo1]
volsgo1
10 Point

Now ColtsFan may want his markers back. LOL

#3148341 - 02/01/13 02:37 PM Re: Pine Top Hunting Club [Re: volsgo1]
A.Hall
Formerly "Spoon"
Non-Typical

I talked to him before hunting season and addressed the problem with him

Page 4 of 6 « First<23456>

Moderator:  RUGER, Tennessee Todd, Unicam, Cuttin Caller, CBU93, stretch, Bobby G, TurkeyBurd, Kimber45, Mrs.Unicam, Crappie Luck, gtk 
Hop to:
Top Posters
RUGER
Deer Assassin
BSK
Crappie Luck
spitndrum
Newest Members
yarddawg54, schiesser, bigdoc, Bggamehunter, willy2763
13605 Registered Users
Who's Online
3 registered (CAW, Vermin93, 1 invisible) and 88 anonymous users online.
Forum Stats
13605 Members
43 Forums
100233 Topics
1180122 Posts

Max Online: 788 @ 11/11/13 08:06 PM
Moon Phase
CURRENT MOON
December
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30 31
Forum Donations
The TnDeer.Com Deer Talk Forum is for Tennessee Deer Hunters by Tennessee Deer Hunters. If you enjoy using our Talk Forum and would like to contribute to help in it's up-keep. Just submit your contribution by clicking on the DONATE button below and paying with PayPal or a major credit card. Any amount is much appreciated. Thanks for your support!

TN Burn Safe

Generated in 0.005 seconds in which 0.001 seconds were spent on a total of 15 queries. Zlib compression enabled.