Tndeer Logo

Page 1 of 2 12>
Topic Options
#3147005 - 01/31/13 02:34 PM "Uh....Let me be clear - That's not my fault"
Crappie Luck Moderator
Non-Typical

Loc: Smith Co.

Some families to be priced out of health overhaul

WASHINGTON (AP) - Some families could get priced out of health insurance due to what's being called a glitch in President Barack Obama's overhaul law. IRS regulations issued Wednesday failed to fix the problem as liberal backers of the president's plan had hoped.

As a result, some families that can't afford the employer coverage that they are offered on the job will not be able to get financial assistance from the government to buy private health insurance on their own. How many people will be affected is unclear.

The Obama administration says its hands were tied by the way Congress wrote the law. Officials said the administration tried to mitigate the impact. Families that can't get coverage because of the glitch will not face a tax penalty for remaining uninsured, the IRS rules said.

"This is a very significant problem, and we have urged that it be fixed," said Ron Pollack, executive director of Families USA, an advocacy group that supported the overhaul from its early days. "It is clear that the only way this can be fixed is through legislation and not the regulatory process."

http://www.wtop.com/289/3212723/Glitch-in-Obama-health-law-may-leave-some-without-insurance

#3147008 - 01/31/13 02:38 PM Re: "Uh....Let me be clear - That's not my fault" [Re: Crappie Luck]
Wes Parrish
16 Point

Loc: Knoxville-Dover-Union City, TN

Uh . . . . Let me be clear . . . . .
Not a single republican was involved in this bill, and George Bush had absolutely nothing to do with it. Everything about it was a creation of dysfunctional democrats, most prominently Nancy Pelosi and Barack Obama.

#3147184 - 01/31/13 05:32 PM Re: "Uh....Let me be clear - That's not my fault" [Re: Wes Parrish]
W C
10 Point

Loc: Alabama

content Online
Their chickens are.......

#3147293 - 01/31/13 06:57 PM Re: "Uh....Let me be clear - That's not my fault" [Re: Wes Parrish]
FLTENNHUNTER1
16 Point

Loc: Tampa FL

content Online
I have the suspicion not a soul in our government read the entire Bill; this Bill was written well in advance, and Glenn Beck did a entire show about all of the Communist organizations who had their fingers in this. A 2000 plus page document would take years to develop and has been planned for along time.

#3147444 - 01/31/13 08:51 PM Re: "Uh....Let me be clear - That's not my fault" [Re: FLTENNHUNTER1]
Vermin93
12 Point

Loc: Dallas, TX & Signal Mtn, TN

“But we have to pass the bill so that you can find out what’s in it....”

- San Francisco Democrat, Leftist and Catholic hypocrite Nancy Pelosi

#3147925 - 02/01/13 08:33 AM Re: "Uh....Let me be clear - That's not my fault" [Re: Crappie Luck]
mr.big
Non-Typical

Loc: Copper Head Road

Originally Posted By: Crappie Luck
Some families to be priced out of health overhaul

WASHINGTON (AP) - Some families could get priced out of health insurance due to what's being called a glitch in President Barack Obama's overhaul law. IRS regulations issued Wednesday failed to fix the problem as liberal backers of the president's plan had hoped.

As a result, some families that can't afford the employer coverage that they are offered on the job will not be able to get financial assistance from the government to buy private health insurance on their own. How many people will be affected is unclear.

The Obama administration says its hands were tied by the way Congress wrote the law. Officials said the administration tried to mitigate the impact. Families that can't get coverage because of the glitch will not face a tax penalty for remaining uninsured, the IRS rules said.

"This is a very significant problem, and we have urged that it be fixed," said Ron Pollack, executive director of Families USA, an advocacy group that supported the overhaul from its early days. "It is clear that the only way this can be fixed is through legislation and not the regulatory process."

http://www.wtop.com/289/3212723/Glitch-in-Obama-health-law-may-leave-some-without-insurance

the only way to fix this mess is by repeal,

#3147972 - 02/01/13 08:59 AM Re: "Uh....Let me be clear - That's not my fault" [Re: mr.big]
TeamMainStreet
8 Point

Loc: Union County,Tn

Their hands are tied alright. Just like they were tied when he went all out EO on gun control.

Dont tread on me

#3147973 - 02/01/13 09:00 AM Re: "Uh....Let me be clear - That's not my fault" [Re: TeamMainStreet]
Crappie Luck Moderator
Non-Typical

Loc: Smith Co.

If his hands are tired, were half way there.

Just need a little duct tape \:\)

#3148183 - 02/01/13 11:38 AM Re: "Uh....Let me be clear - That's not my fault" [Re: Crappie Luck]
JWW4
8 Point

Loc: Signal Mtn, TN

Its not a glitch. Its the plan. Price people out of the market so the "only choice" is to form a gov't run signal payer system. This is just the second step.

1. Pass healthcare bill
2. Regulate the companies into higher premiums (people can't afford it and drop coveage) or out of business or employeers drop employee plan
3. Have the dumb-masses call out for a "free gov't plan"
4. Take total control of everything

Journal: http://www.gymwhisman.blogspot.com/

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Mt-Top-Sheep-Farm/379848202142838

#3148196 - 02/01/13 11:50 AM Re: "Uh....Let me be clear - That's not my fault" [Re: JWW4]
TNDeerGuy
12 Point

Loc: Old Hickory/Mt.Juliet, TN

Originally Posted By: JWW4
Its not a glitch. Its the plan. Price people out of the market so the "only choice" is to form a gov't run signal payer system. This is just the second step.

1. Pass healthcare bill
2. Regulate the companies into higher premiums (people can't afford it and drop coveage) or out of business
3. Have the dumb-masses call out for a "free gov't plan"
4. Take total control of everything

There are the keywords of the motivation behind the entire Bill—"take control". This wasn't a "glitch", it was a well concieved plan put in place by those that wish to control the electorate and enslave them. Every move/bill they put forth is a well thought-out plan—take the guns, control our health and dictate what we can and cannot buy! It's a shame that the majority of Americans are too stupid to understand the machiavellian acts that are going on right under their noses.

Page 1 of 2 12>

Moderator:  Crappie Luck, Tennessee Todd, RUGER, Unicam, stretch, Cuttin Caller, Bobby G, Kimber45 
Hop to:
Top Posters
RUGER
Deer Assassin
BSK
Crappie Luck
spitndrum
Newest Members
OfficerBuck, rapalabuck, medic2fpc, MachDR, pop
13308 Registered Users
Who's Online
130 registered (Dale3, cdw338, TN Whitetail Freak, iowavf, junebugwapiti, dgolden, 17 invisible) and 159 anonymous users online.
Forum Stats
13308 Members
42 Forums
93980 Topics
1097856 Posts

Max Online: 788 @ 11/11/13 08:06 PM
Moon Phase
CURRENT MOON
September
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Forum Donations
The TnDeer.Com Deer Talk Forum is for Tennessee Deer Hunters by Tennessee Deer Hunters. If you enjoy using our Talk Forum and would like to contribute to help in it's up-keep. Just submit your contribution by clicking on the DONATE button below and paying with PayPal or a major credit card. Any amount is much appreciated. Thanks for your support!

TN Burn Safe

Generated in 0.135 seconds in which 0.001 seconds were spent on a total of 15 queries. Zlib compression enabled.