Page 1 of 1 1
Topic Options
#3147038 - 01/31/13 03:07 PM Dyer County Sheriff Jeff Box on Gun Controll
Slaughter-06
14 Point

Loc: Dyersburg,Tn.

‎2nd Amendment Rights statement from Sheriff Jeff Box
January 31, 2013 FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE Phone:731-285-2802

Sheriff Jeff Box (Dyer Co., TN) releases statement reaffirming the 2nd Amendment rights of the citizens of Dyer County, TN
Dyersburg, TN- Sheriff Jeff Box of Dyer County, Tennessee released an official statement in response to the proposed gun control legislation recently initiated by several Washington D.C. legislators. After receiving many phone calls, letters, and various other forms of communications from concerned citizens of Dyer County, Sheriff Box wishes to officially state that the rights granted by the U.S. Constitution (2nd Amendment) and the Tennessee Constitution (Article I § 26) to legally possess firearms will not be infringed upon in any way.
“On August 30, 2010, after being duly elected as Sheriff of Dyer County, I took an oath to uphold and support both the U.S. Constitution and Tennessee Constitution. I feel it is my job to protect and enforce the Constitutional rights of the citizens who elected me. The second amendment to the U.S. Constitution is a right, not a privilege, and shall not be infringed upon.
I firmly believe that when guns are outlawed only the outlaws will have guns. I have always supported and wholeheartedly enforced all laws that deter and penalize gun violence. Since assuming the Office of Sheriff, I have been a very active member of the Tennessee Sheriff’s Association and currently a member of the Sheriff’s Association Finance Committee.
The Tennessee Sheriff’s Association has recently made the following statement upon the request of its members: The Sheriffs of Tennessee are strong supporters of the 2nd Amendment rights of their citizens and have taken an oath to uphold the Constitution of the State of Tennessee, the Constitution of the United States of America, and the laws and ordinances of their counties and will fulfill their oath. The Tennessee Sheriffs’ Association and the Tennessee Firearms Association co-authored the Tennessee Handgun Permit Law in May of 1994.

"As long as I am Sheriff, any federal regulation or Presidential Executive order that I know is adverse to the Constitution and that infringes upon the rights of my citizens shall not be enforced by me or my deputies, nor will I allow anyone to seize any firearm from law abiding citizens within this county."

Sheriff Jeff Box

#3147044 - 01/31/13 03:14 PM Re: Dyer County Sheriff Jeff Box on Gun Controll [Re: Slaughter-06]
Wes Parrish
16 Point

Loc: Knoxville-Dover-Union City, TN

Similar statements/responses are coming from sheriffs all across the land.

What happens when Obama sends in the federal troops to enforce these federal gun control laws?

American's "Civil War" was similarly started, only it began mostly over an issue of taxes to Washington, for which the South wouldn't comply.

#3147050 - 01/31/13 03:21 PM Re: Dyer County Sheriff Jeff Box on Gun Controll [Re: Wes Parrish]
Slaughter-06
14 Point

Who is to say the Federal Troops will enforce his gun control laws?
Do you really think any sain law enforcement officer will carry out that order?

#3147055 - 01/31/13 03:24 PM Re: Dyer County Sheriff Jeff Box on Gun Controll [Re: Slaughter-06]
Slaughter-06
14 Point

and yes I know similar statments are coming from all across the land, I am just glad my Sheriff has balls enough to step forward and say it.
#3147064 - 01/31/13 03:32 PM Re: Dyer County Sheriff Jeff Box on Gun Controll [Re: Slaughter-06]
Wes Parrish
16 Point

Loc: Knoxville-Dover-Union City, TN

Originally Posted By: Slaughter-06
Who is to say the Federal Troops will enforce his gun control laws?
Do you really think any sain law enforcement officer will carry out that order?

I'm not criticizing Sheriff Jeff for stating his position, and believe most Southern Sheriff's believe similarly.

Yes, I do think Obama can send in federal troops, and most would initially obey orders. The reason Obama might initiate this is because many local law enforcement officers will NOT enforce a federal law that's in violation to the Constitution they swore to uphold.

Like I said, similar happened before, and that's basically how the Civil War really began. It was not planned nor expected to become what it did, rather, just a "show" of union force to "threaten", which then quickly got out of hand.

SHOULD Obama do something like this, just as abolishing slavery became an issue of the Civil War (it was not an issue until the Union needed a "moral" cause to recruit more troops), it will appear to become more about something besides gun control.

#3147075 - 01/31/13 03:41 PM Re: Dyer County Sheriff Jeff Box on Gun Controll [Re: Wes Parrish]
Slaughter-06
14 Point

I understand what you are saying Wes and I think with my Sheriff standing before me the federal troops will meet the same thing they did back in the civil war.
I think it is plain to see the south is tired of his BS and is ready to do whatever it takes to take a stand in our rights as Americans.

I could be dead wrong but I truely believe the feds see him as we do here in the south at least I sure hope they do.

#3147078 - 01/31/13 03:46 PM Re: Dyer County Sheriff Jeff Box on Gun Controll [Re: Slaughter-06]
Slaughter-06
14 Point

I am starting to think Obama might end up being some what of a blessing to us all, he has pushed us to our limits and now we stand together. Maybe just Maybe we can get the point across to our goverment that if they don't start working for us instead of filling their pockets their days just might be numbered.

I know that is a pipe dream but I'm trying to think posative here and think for the best. Thats all I know to do at this point.

Page 1 of 1 1

Moderator:  Crappie Luck, Tennessee Todd, RUGER, Unicam, stretch, Cuttin Caller, Bobby G, Kimber45 
Hop to:
Top Posters
RUGER
Deer Assassin
BSK
Crappie Luck
spitndrum
Newest Members
bootsinsand, bigun714, clh200, tlwilliams, Forvols
13179 Registered Users
Who's Online
98 registered (57bear, Mr. Hawk, 2in1shot, Mudbone, Rubberduck270, AndyW, 14 invisible) and 117 anonymous users online.
Forum Stats
13179 Members
42 Forums
90973 Topics
1063097 Posts

Max Online: 788 @ 11/11/13 08:06 PM
Moon Phase
CURRENT MOON
August
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Forum Donations
The TnDeer.Com Deer Talk Forum is for Tennessee Deer Hunters by Tennessee Deer Hunters. If you enjoy using our Talk Forum and would like to contribute to help in it's up-keep. Just submit your contribution by clicking on the DONATE button below and paying with PayPal or a major credit card. Any amount is much appreciated. Thanks for your support!

TN Burn Safe

Generated in 0.071 seconds in which 0.002 seconds were spent on a total of 14 queries. Zlib compression enabled.