Tndeer Logo

Page 211 of 265 « First<209210211212213>Last »
Topic Options
#3142100 - 01/28/13 08:14 AM Re: Preachermantom's Daily Devotional [Re: preachermantom]
preachermantom
12 Point

Loc: waverly,tn,USA

Here Am I!

God calls each of us into service to Himself. The calls will be specific to each one of us. To me it may be to preach to another it may be to teach and yet to another it may be to administration only God knows what He will call each of us to. The question for each one of us this morning is will we answer the call? Here is a couple of folks who did:

Exodus 3:4

4 So when the Lord saw that he turned aside to look, God called to him from the midst of the bush and said, “Moses, Moses!”

And he said, “Here I am.”

Isaiah 6:8

8 Also I heard the voice of the Lord, saying:

“Whom shall I send,

And who will go for Us?”

Then I said, “Here am I! Send me.”

Each of these great men of the bible answered the call of God. While Moses took some convincing, Isaiah was a ready vessel once he repented of his sin. We are much the same aren't we? Some are called by God and jump in right away and serve, serve, serve! Then their are others who try to come up with all the excuses we can of why we can't serve God, but none of these excuses are good enough and we eventually get on board and serve. Then their are those who just won't serve at all. For those in this condition, a heart check is in order. If we have no desire to serve God we may not have God in our heart at all! This is a dangerous spot to be in! Eternity may be at stake!

So let me ask you this morning, have you told God "Here am I! Send me."? Remember these words from Jesus:

Matthew 16:24

Then Jesus said to His disciples, “If anyone desires to come after Me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow Me.

Tom

Jesus Christ

http://walkthewalkwithjesus.blogspot.com

#3143597 - 01/29/13 09:45 AM Re: Preachermantom's Daily Devotional [Re: preachermantom]
preachermantom
12 Point

The Bridge to Eternal life.

Over the next few days I am going to share the plan of salvation through a tract called God's bridge to eternal life. This is the best tract I have ever used. It is simple and clear to understand. My prayer is if you have never considered Jesus as your Lord and Savior that you will. If you have already asked Jesus to be Lord of your life then use this to share Jesus with others. Feel free to ask any questions. The tract is sold at Majestic Media and is developed by Detroit Baptist Theological Seminary.

The first thing we must understand is we all have a purpose and we were designed by God for three things seen here:

The first purpose we are designed for is to Honor God! After all He is the Creator of all! Do you honor God with your life? The way that you live, is it pleasing to God?

The second purpose is to serve God. God has given all of abilities, talents, and gifts to use in serving Him. Are you serving God?

The third purpose we were designed for is to have fellowship with God. Did you know that? God wants us to talk with Him and allow Him to talk back to us. The three primary ways to fellowship with God are prayer, reading your bible, being still and allowing God to talk to you!

Look at that verse again Revelation 4:11:

Revelation 4:11

11 “You are worthy, O Lord,

To receive glory and honor and power;

For You created all things,

And by Your will they exist and were created.”

God is worthy to receive honor, service, and fellowship from us for that is why were created!

Sadly we have a problem! Something destroyed this relationship God had prepared for us to have with Him. Tomorrow we will look at that problem!

Tom

Jesus Christ

#3143611 - 01/29/13 09:56 AM Re: Preachermantom's Daily Devotional [Re: preachermantom]
Kimber45 Moderator
Peace Maker
16 Point

Loc: Close to Jackson, TN

Thank you for keeping this thread going PMT!!

#3143618 - 01/29/13 10:08 AM Re: Preachermantom's Daily Devotional [Re: Kimber45]
preachermantom
12 Point

Your welcome brother...thx for reading. How about an update on Matthew and family.

Jesus Christ

#3145340 - 01/30/13 09:37 AM Re: Preachermantom's Daily Devotional [Re: preachermantom]
preachermantom
12 Point

God's Bridge to eternal Life #2

Yesterday we talked about the purposes God has designed us for but we ended stating that we have a problem. That problem has destroyed our perfect relationship with God. What is that problem? We shall see that problem here:

SIN! is our problem. Since the fall of man with Adam and Eve in the garden eating the forbidden fruit that God said "Do Not Eat" sin has been our problem. Sin is doing what God has commanded us not to do. Or sin can be not doing what God has told us to do! Basically not obeying God's Word. We ALL have sinned! As the verse in Roman's has told us:

Romans 3:23

23 for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God,

Now on this picture we see what sin has caused:

When we are sinners it causes a separation between us and God. God is Righteous, Holy, sinless, and Just. God can not dwell with sin in heaven. So we can not dwell with God in heaven with sin in our lives. Sin has an enormous penalty. We will talk about that penalty tomorrow.

If you have any questions so far, please ask!

Tom

Jesus Christ

#3146724 - 01/31/13 10:02 AM Re: Preachermantom's Daily Devotional [Re: preachermantom]
preachermantom
12 Point

God's Bridge to Eternal life. #4

Our last time together, we ended with the thought that man has come up with many ways that they think can get them to heaven with God. All these thoughts are wrong as we shall see!

Make sure you understand this point that the Proverbs 14:12 verse says:

Proverbs 14:12

12 There is a way which seems right to a man,

But its end is the way of death.

Man has lots of ideas of how to get to heaven, but only the bible has the truth. It is God's Word!

So let's look at the next picture as again it shows what is happening:

We now see in this picture some of man's attempts to get to God.

First, we see Good works. You can not do enough works in your life to cover your sin before God. It is impossible. As you see that bridge comes up short!

Second, you see religion. Man thinks because he goes to a certain church, or reads his holy book, or says he is a member of such and such church, that this will get him to heaven. Once again this is false as you see that bridge does not get you to heaven either.

Third, you see money. Money can not get you to God either. You can't buy your way into heaven and do enough good with your money to get to heaven. It also comes up short.

Fourth, you see morality. No one is good enough before God to get to heaven. You may be nice, thoughtful, a sharer of your goods, honest, and the list can go on and on. These are good but they will not get you to heaven with God.

They all come up short and you will spend eternity in hell if you are depending on these to get you to heaven as well as any other attempt by man! Look at this verse for proof:

Ephesians 2:8-9

8 For by grace you have been saved through faith; and that not of yourselves, it is the gift of God; 9 not as a result of works, so that no one may boast.

So the next question we must ask is "what must happen for one to get to heaven with God?". We will see that in our next lesson.

Tom

Edited by preachermantom (01/31/13 10:15 AM)

Jesus Christ

#3146746 - 01/31/13 10:17 AM Re: Preachermantom's Daily Devotional [Re: preachermantom]
rabbit hunter
14 Point

Loc: Beech Bluff, TN

happy Online
Thanks Tom

#3146750 - 01/31/13 10:21 AM Re: Preachermantom's Daily Devotional [Re: preachermantom]
Kimber45 Moderator
Peace Maker
16 Point

Loc: Close to Jackson, TN

Originally Posted By: preachermantom
Your welcome brother...thx for reading. How about an update on Matthew and family.

Matthew's health (0 seizures in 13 months!) appears to be really good! In 4 prior years he never went more than 3 months without a mild and 7/8 months without a severe seizure so, it appears the surgery has surely improved his condition. Jacob graduates this year, and while still a little outspoken & mouthy, is a Great kid \:\) He's planning to work this summer and start Jackson State in the Fall. Wife is fine - keeping me in line ;\) however this week has been a tad tough \:\) but the good Lord saw fit for me to go another day instead of during this mess.. Sure hope youe crew is doing well!! http://www.tndeer.com/tndeertalk/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=3144595&page=1#Post3144595

Edited by Kimber45 (01/31/13 12:18 PM)

#3146781 - 01/31/13 10:51 AM Re: Preachermantom's Daily Devotional [Re: Kimber45]
preachermantom
12 Point

God's Bridge to Eternal Life. #5

When we left last time out question was so what has to be done for us to get to heaven with God? Well the answer to that is this:

You see God loves his created people so much that He has given us a way to be saved from our sin that separates us from Him. God sent His only son Jesus to this earth of ours in the form of a baby who was born to a virgin mother (Mary). Jesus grew up sinless. That is right, Jesus is the ONLY person who has never sinned on this earth of ours. Therefore, Jesus is the only one qualified to sacrifice Himself on the cross for man's sin. So Jesus went to the cross, shed His blood and died for you and for me. For our sin not His. He took our place for our sin! That is true love. Jesus was buried and three days later He arose from the grave and appeared to over 500 people. Jesus then ascended back to God where sits today!

Jesus Christ is the ONLY way to God! He is our sinless substitute! Look at the picture now....the bridge is complete! The only bridge that will get us to God in heaven!

Wow....what an awesome God. Sacrificed His only Son for a sinner such as I!

So we see God has done His part by sending Jesus, Jesus has done His part by dying on the cross for us, so what is our part in all of this?

We will see that in our next time together.

Tom

Jesus Christ

#3146788 - 01/31/13 10:53 AM Re: Preachermantom's Daily Devotional [Re: Kimber45]
preachermantom
12 Point

Good deal brother glad to hear it! We are good....God is Awesome!

Jesus Christ

Page 211 of 265 « First<209210211212213>Last »

Moderator:  RUGER, Unicam, gtk, Tennessee Todd, Lakeland Charlie, Cuttin Caller, CBU93, stretch, TurkeyBurd, MAN, Bobby G, Kimber45, Crappie Luck 
Hop to:
Top Posters
RUGER
Deer Assassin
BSK
Crappie Luck
spitndrum
Newest Members
bmobrady3, bmo3, chrislee, Patriot123, DT33
13565 Registered Users
Who's Online
105 registered (jameseboy, wskp11, SharpEyeGirl, RAFI, Bamamonts, ZachMarkus, 7 invisible) and 152 anonymous users online.
Forum Stats
13565 Members
43 Forums
99562 Topics
1171311 Posts

Max Online: 788 @ 11/11/13 08:06 PM
Moon Phase
CURRENT MOON
November
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29
Forum Donations
The TnDeer.Com Deer Talk Forum is for Tennessee Deer Hunters by Tennessee Deer Hunters. If you enjoy using our Talk Forum and would like to contribute to help in it's up-keep. Just submit your contribution by clicking on the DONATE button below and paying with PayPal or a major credit card. Any amount is much appreciated. Thanks for your support!

TN Burn Safe

Generated in 0.071 seconds in which 0.025 seconds were spent on a total of 15 queries. Zlib compression enabled.