Tndeer Logo

Page 1 of 1 1
Topic Options
#3146684 - 01/31/13 09:12 AM Did anybody watch the hearing?
Wildcat
Non-Typical

Loc: Western Ky.

Did anybody else watch the Senate hering on guns?

I watched the whole thing and two things struck me.

First off most people think there is only ONE SINGLE anti-gun bill before Congress inculing a lot of the Second Amendment SUPPORTERS.

Well I learned from watching it that there have been TWO OTHER ANTI-GUN BILLS introduced in Congress already and nothing in the news said anything about them.

This is like I have been saying, while all of our eyes are on the big one they are coming from all sides and doing everything they can to kill as much as the Second Amendment as they can.

The other thing is as good as Wanne LaPierre has been over the years for the NRA he's getting old. Ever with his pappers in front of him he's still missing too much. Sorry but that is going to happen to ALL OF US when our time comes, it's nothing against him. It's time for him to step out of the spotlight as the NRA's front man to the public and put in a younger speaker who knows how to deal with the public. Not one too young that he gets rolled over in public debate but someone under 70 years old. LaPierre can still control everything from the back gorund and give out the orders.

http://www.c-span.org/Events/Senate-Committee-Investigates-Solutions-for-Gun-Violence/10737437674/

#3146692 - 01/31/13 09:21 AM Re: Did anybody watch the hearing? [Re: Wildcat]
cecil30-30
16 Point

Loc: Morgan Co

I tried to watch it,but my blood pressure goes up and I have to turn it.Fienstine's face makes me sick to my stomach..

Ban Liberals!!! Save America!!!!

#3146809 - 01/31/13 11:12 AM Re: Did anybody watch the hearing? [Re: Wildcat]
Wes Parrish
16 Point

Loc: Knoxville-Dover-Union City, TN

Wildcat, you put that "nicely", and I was thinking similar.

Originally Posted By: Wildcat
The other thing is as good as Wayne LaPierre has been over the years for the NRA he's getting old. Even with his papers in front of him he's still missing too much. Sorry but that is going to happen to ALL OF US when our time comes, it's nothing against him. It's time for him to step out of the spotlight as the NRA's front man . . . . . .

As an "aside", similar is why I believe Hillary Clinton is not a viable candidate for the democrats in 2016. Time has not been kind to Hillary over the past 4 years, and in 2016 she will be 69 years old. Similar was part of why John McCain was defeated by Barack Obama in 2008.

#3146837 - 01/31/13 11:37 AM Re: Did anybody watch the hearing? [Re: Wes Parrish]
Happy Birthday DntBrnDPig
8 Point

Loc: Cleveland, TN

That and Palin was his downfall.

#3146914 - 01/31/13 01:01 PM Re: Did anybody watch the hearing? [Re: DntBrnDPig]
Dale3
8 Point

Loc: Live in Mt.Juliet ,Hunt Jackso...

I agree about Wayne LaPierre

Dont agree about Hillary. Their already working to clean her up and make her God like and deserving. Public may not buy in, but they are for sure planing on it, and i think they could sell anything right now.

Palin downfall?
Palin the only thing that kept it from being a blowout.
He was dead in the water till he brought her on,he was sinking like a rock.
She brought life and hope into it, fired everyone up.
Then their dumb a^%()^ shut her down and rained her in, wouldnt let her be herself.
McCain was McCain problem

I love how people involed in these shootings are now self proclaimed experts on firearms and security, Gifford, school librarian, PLEASE give me a break.

Edited by Dale3 (01/31/13 01:25 PM)

#3146936 - 01/31/13 01:23 PM Re: Did anybody watch the hearing? [Re: Dale3]
Wes Parrish
16 Point

Loc: Knoxville-Dover-Union City, TN

Originally Posted By: Dale3
Dont agree about Hillary. Their already working to clean her up and make her God like and deserving. . . . . i think they could sell anything right now.

I agree NOW.
But 2016 is not now.

Let this economy go essentially unchanged and/or get worse for most Obama voters during the next 3 years, and many will come to realize the economy really does matter more than so many political agendas of little relevance to even most of Obama's voters.

Think about this.
Obama didn't pick up any new votes in 2012 over 2008, and didn't even get all those who voted for him in 2008 to come vote in 2012. Likewise, many who voted for McCain in 2008 failed to vote at all in 2012. But just as they were in 2008, many of the voters in 2016 are going to be looking for some REAL POSITIVE CHANGE, and no longer buying into the democrats' HOPE & CHANGE that has failed them.

The Republicans need to come up with a very well-spoken, charismatic, experienced leader is who is "youthful" for whatever the age to go against whoever the democrats put forth in 2016. REAL POSITIVE CHANGE may be all most voters are seeking by then, and all the Republicans might have to do is provide an attractive candidate to go against "more of the same", especially with someone like Hillary Clinton.

Of course, 2016 could be the year someone like a Ross Perot independent actually wins with a landslide over anything either the Republicans or Democrats put forth. If the Republicans don't get their act together in putting forth a candidate that is more attractive to a larger group of voters, then I believe some Independent candidate is going to rise to the occasion.

#3146941 - 01/31/13 01:28 PM Re: Did anybody watch the hearing? [Re: Wes Parrish]
Dale3
8 Point

Loc: Live in Mt.Juliet ,Hunt Jackso...

Originally Posted By: Wes Parrish
 Originally Posted By: Dale3
Dont agree about Hillary. Their already working to clean her up and make her God like and deserving. . . . . i think they could sell anything right now.

I agree NOW.
But 2016 is not now.

Yep and i remember many thinking come 2012, after 4 failed years of Obama, anyone could beat him
Bill on one arm, Obama on her other arm,LOOK OUT

Edited by Dale3 (01/31/13 01:31 PM)

Page 1 of 1 1

Moderator:  Crappie Luck, Tennessee Todd, RUGER, Unicam, stretch, Cuttin Caller, Bobby G, Kimber45, Kirk 
Hop to:
Top Posters
RUGER
Deer Assassin
BSK
Crappie Luck
spitndrum
Newest Members
Amy pesterfield, Blood seeker, fghijk604245, top_of_the_foodchain, infantryleadtheway
13288 Registered Users
Who's Online
11 registered (sgtwebb1, 416wbymag, FLTENNHUNTER1, leader, garry, BuckDropper, 1 invisible) and 86 anonymous users online.
Forum Stats
13288 Members
42 Forums
85366 Topics
1031524 Posts

Max Online: 788 @ 11/11/13 08:06 PM
Moon Phase
CURRENT MOON
April
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5
6 7 8 9 10 11 12
13 14 15 16 17 18 19
20 21 22 23 24 25 26
27 28 29 30
Forum Donations
The TnDeer.Com Deer Talk Forum is for Tennessee Deer Hunters by Tennessee Deer Hunters. If you enjoy using our Talk Forum and would like to contribute to help in it's up-keep. Just submit your contribution by clicking on the DONATE button below and paying with PayPal or a major credit card. Any amount is much appreciated. Thanks for your support!

TN Burn Safe

Generated in 0.223 seconds in which 0.001 seconds were spent on a total of 14 queries. Zlib compression enabled.