Tndeer Logo

Page 2 of 6 <12345>Last »
Topic Options
#3146514 - 01/31/13 05:43 AM Re: Pine Top Hunting Club [Re: mossyhorns300]
tickweed
12 Point

Loc: medon,Tn.

Always several openings every year. That in itsself is a sign somethings not right.

#3146519 - 01/31/13 05:51 AM Re: Pine Top Hunting Club [Re: mossyhorns300]
Rackseeker
12 Point

Loc: Franklin County

Alot of clubs are just someone trying to make money. When we started the lease I'm on it was pretty good. We had alot of food plots and they got planted every year. Now hardly anything gets planted and the property manager wants us to pay him extra money on top of our lease dues for seed and fertlizer. Thats totals about $7000 a year for the seed and fertlizer. Come to find out he has got some deal where he gets paid not to plant the food plots with the state or government.

#3146544 - 01/31/13 06:11 AM Re: Pine Top Hunting Club [Re: mossyhorns300]
UpperTully
8 Point

Loc: Millington, Tn

AC, the club owner seems like he has some anger problems. Hes quick to spout off. Dont think I want to hunt around someone like that.

For those that cant find his Craigslist Ad here it is

Edited by UpperTully (01/31/13 07:06 AM)

#3146574 - 01/31/13 07:20 AM Re: Pine Top Hunting Club [Re: UpperTully]
mossyhorns300
10 Point

Loc: memphis, tn & savannah, tn

WOW! Some of the stuff he wrote in that ad, is definitely the pot calling the kettle black, in reference to the guy who was removed from our club 2 years ago!

Pretty women make us buy beer...........Ugly women make us drink beer!

#3146590 - 01/31/13 07:40 AM Re: Pine Top Hunting Club [Re: mossyhorns300]
UpperTully
8 Point

You should see the derogatory comments he texted to me yesterday!

The dipsh@t city wannabe hunter was the best. Last I looked I reside in Tipton Co. I dont see how you get city out of that

Edited by UpperTully (01/31/13 07:44 AM)

#3147194 - 01/31/13 05:43 PM Re: Pine Top Hunting Club [Re: UpperTully]
coltsfan
4 Point

Loc: Fayette County, TN

I have been a member of the club since it was formed in 2007. I can provide insight and thoughts based on my actual experiences with the club through the years.

Like any of you that would consider joining now, I had no prior knowledge of the club or club management when I joined. I was walking in cold and had to put some degree of trust in those who were organizing it. I too, at the beginning, was a bit apprehensive for that very reason.

Turns out my apprehension was not warranted. I have been in the club now for 5 years and developed good friendships from my experiences there.

I have always had ample opportunity to hunt at my leisure. We have a lot of acres and crowding is not an issue. Game is plentiful.

We are constantly improving the club. A few weekends ago several members got together to work on some the properties and improve the hunting experience for all. It was a voluntary activity and the first time I had met several of the guys. They were all hard workers....not a bad apple among them. We have other activities scheduled between hunting seasons with the same intent....to improve the hunting experience for all members.

The gentleman that runs the club is a good man...he spends countless hours each year working to improve the club for all of us. He keeps things well organized and that makes the hunting season enjoyable. He is a straight shooter and doesn't put up with any foolishness. Follow the club rules and you won't have any issues with him.

The club rules are not overly strict, but they are enforced. Whenever activities of members will put the club or other club members at risk, appropriate disciplinary actions are taken, as they should be.

We have been practicing QDM for the past four years (if I remember right). Starting to just now see the fruits of those efforts. A few nice bucks were taken this year and I saw a few more I wish I had a good shot at.

In summary...it is a good club and I am proud to be a member. If you decide to join, I welcome you and hope to see you during the year. If not, I wish you the best in finding another club.

Bill

Edited by coltsfan (01/31/13 06:00 PM)

#3147209 - 01/31/13 06:00 PM Re: Pine Top Hunting Club [Re: coltsfan]
Terence
4 Point

Loc: TN

Originally Posted By: coltsfan
I have been a member of the club since it was formed in 2007. I can provide insight and thoughts based on my actual experiences with the club through the years.

Like any of you that would consider joining now, I had no prior knowledge of the club or club management when I joined. I was walking in cold and had to put some degree of trust in those who were organinzing it. I too, at the beginning, was a bit apprehensive for that very reason.

Turns out my apprehension was not warranted. I have been in the club now for 5 years and developed good friendships from my experiences there.

I have always had ample opportunity to hunt at my leisure. We have a lot of acres and crowding is not an issue. Game is plentiful.

We are constantly improving the club. A few weekends ago several members got together to work on some the properties and improve the hunting experience for all. It was a voluntary activity and the first time I had met several of the guys. They were all hard workers....not a bad apple among them. We have other activities scheduled between hunting seasons with the same intent....to improve the hunting experience for all members.

The gentleman that runs the club is a good man...he spends countless hours each year working to improve the club for all of us. He keeps things well organized and that makes the hunting season enjoyable. He is a straight shooter and doesn't put up with any foolishness. Follow the club rules and you won't have any issues with him.

The club rules are not overly strict, but they are enforced. Whenever activities of members will put the club or other club members at risk, appropriate disciplinary actions are taken, as they should be.

We have been practicing QDM for the past four years (if I remember right). Starting to just now see the fruits of those efforts. A few nice bucks were taken this year and I saw a few more I wish I had a good shot at.

In summary...it is a good club and I am proud to be a member. If you decide to join, I welcome you and hope to see you during the year. If not, I wish you the best in finding another club.

Bill

So what others are saying isnt true is this what you are saying because it sounds like you firmly stand behind the club owner and the way he conducts his business

#3147220 - 01/31/13 06:08 PM Re: Pine Top Hunting Club [Re: Terence]
coltsfan
4 Point

Originally Posted By: Terence

Like any of you that would consider joining now, I had no prior knowledge of the club or club management when I joined. I was walking in cold and had to put some degree of trust in those who were organinzing it. I too, at the beginning, was a bit apprehensive for that very reason.

Bill

So what others are saying isnt true is this what you are saying because it sounds like you firmly stand behind the club owner and the way he conducts his business

I stand behind my experiences....which I shared above. My dealings with the club manager have been very positive.

#3147473 - 01/31/13 09:17 PM Re: Pine Top Hunting Club [Re: coltsfan]
UpperTully
8 Point

Like any of you that would consider joining now, I had no prior knowledge of the club or club management when I joined. I was walking in cold and had to put some degree of trust in those who were organizing it. I too, at the beginning, was a bit apprehensive for that very reason.

Bill

5 years in the club and you have not one bad thing to say. I speak with AC once on the phone and text for half a hour and pegged him for having a few loose screws.

Im glad a club member chimed in, has there been any members shoot deer that was protected by QDMA rules? Im just curious?

#3147526 - 01/31/13 09:49 PM Re: Pine Top Hunting Club [Re: UpperTully]
coltsfan
4 Point

Not aware of any, but we have more issues with trespassers than members. I am almost certain a few we're taken by them.
Page 2 of 6 <12345>Last »

Moderator:  RUGER, Tennessee Todd, Unicam, Cuttin Caller, CBU93, stretch, Bobby G, TurkeyBurd, Kimber45, Mrs.Unicam, Crappie Luck, gtk 
Hop to:
Top Posters
RUGER
Deer Assassin
BSK
Crappie Luck
spitndrum
Newest Members
yarddawg54, schiesser, bigdoc, Bggamehunter, willy2763
13605 Registered Users
Who's Online
3 registered (pse2, wireman, justsolo) and 61 anonymous users online.
Forum Stats
13605 Members
43 Forums
100233 Topics
1180120 Posts

Max Online: 788 @ 11/11/13 08:06 PM
Moon Phase
CURRENT MOON
December
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30 31
Forum Donations
The TnDeer.Com Deer Talk Forum is for Tennessee Deer Hunters by Tennessee Deer Hunters. If you enjoy using our Talk Forum and would like to contribute to help in it's up-keep. Just submit your contribution by clicking on the DONATE button below and paying with PayPal or a major credit card. Any amount is much appreciated. Thanks for your support!

TN Burn Safe

Generated in 0.013 seconds in which 0.007 seconds were spent on a total of 15 queries. Zlib compression enabled.