Tndeer Logo

Page 3 of 3 <123
Topic Options
#3145829 - 01/30/13 03:16 PM Re: Airsoft anyone? [Re: Wildcat]
sure shot
8 Point

Loc: robertson,co TN

yep it does look silly at first but its bad a$$ once you start several of us guys rented the field in springfield...all 1st timers we had such a blast we went back and several guys bought guns and equip,i went as far as gettin my 2 young boys some guns it is exhausting tho if your not used to all that running around...try it youll like it

#3145901 - 01/30/13 04:15 PM Re: Airsoft anyone? [Re: RussellvilleRob]
rukiddin?
8 Point

Loc: E. Tenn

Originally Posted By: RussellvilleRob
 Originally Posted By: rukiddin?
You point a weapon at me of anykind, regardless if its real, fake, plastic bb's or lead slugs. I will handle the situation accordingly. To make light of that, by simulating war/combat....well to me, its sad. My nephew had an airsoft pistol, he pointed it at me, I took it from him and stomped it to pieces.
I personally think if someone wants to invest their time in mock combat, then they should join the military.

Yeah, I see them takin my 16-yr old.......

Trust me... He is counting down the days....

LOL....

If thats the case, then I wish him the best and thank him for his future service!

"I'm gone to carolina in my mind"

#3145906 - 01/30/13 04:21 PM Re: Airsoft anyone? [Re: Appalachian American]
rukiddin?
8 Point

Loc: E. Tenn

Originally Posted By: Appalachian American
You point a weapon at me of anykind, regardless if its real, fake, plastic bb's or lead slugs. I will handle the situation accordingly. To make light of that, by simulating war/combat....well to me, its sad. My nephew had an airsoft pistol, he pointed it at me, I took it from him and stomped it to pieces.
I personally think if someone wants to invest their time in mock combat, then they should join the military.

I appreciate you sharing your opinion. But on the same note- anyone who plays poker should play professionally??

I have no idea. Never played poker. Its not the skill level, its the act of. To me it just goes against everything your taught as a kid with weapons/firearms. Ya'll have fun.

"I'm gone to carolina in my mind"

#3145929 - 01/30/13 04:32 PM Re: Airsoft anyone? [Re: rukiddin?]
RussellvilleRob
8 Point

Loc: Russellville

Originally Posted By: RussellvilleRob

Yeah, I see them takin my 16-yr old.......

Trust me... He is counting down the days....

LOL....

If thats the case, then I wish him the best and thank him for his future service!

I sure will....Thanks.....

As for the airsoft thing, different strokes for different folks...... Thats what makes the world go around.... \:\)

#3146108 - 01/30/13 06:48 PM Re: Airsoft anyone? [Re: RussellvilleRob]
bow_vol
TnDeer Old Timer
8 Point

Loc: Ooltewah, TN

Airsoft has got to be pretty big around Chattanooga in the last few years. My son and his friends play at Highpoint about every other weekend. It's a neat little place with a bunch of buildings old cars, etc. I play every with them every now and then on all age game days. . They take it more serious and are all kitted out with plate carriers, mag pouches, radios, etc while I just run around in jeans and a sweat shirt. Their guns are a little different from the standard Wal-mart type. They are pretty much metal replicas that feed off mags and he even has a remote Claymore and a M203 grenade launcher that will throw a nerf football about 100 yds. I wish they had had these around when I was a kid it would have been a blast.

He has a few videos of gameplay at Highpoint on youtube that he took with his gun/helmet cam:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bZ6cOtPRAe4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uX7ihNSHUm4

Last summer he got to play in "Operation Southern Comfort" at the TN Nat'l Guard training facility in Catoosa, Ga. I was suprised at how many active duty and former military guys play. He got to meet and play with Kenny Thomas (of Task Force Ranger aka Blackhawk Down)and retired Ranger M.Sgt "Mad Max" Mullen - both of whom are class-acts.

My son says there is a forum for airsoft in TN called tnairsoft.com. If you are in the Chattanooga area and your kids are interested you ought to check it out. They have a facebook page under Highpoint Airsoft.

#3146252 - 01/30/13 08:29 PM Re: Airsoft anyone? [Re: bow_vol]
Appalachian American
8 Point

Loc: Cookeville, TN

^^ Thanks for the forum link.

Since I have y'all on the horn and there is an event coming up locally- have any suggestions on a gun I should start out with?

Maybe someone on here has one for sale? (Of course I'd pay the classified fee)

Page 3 of 3 <123

Moderator:  RUGER, Unicam, gtk, Tennessee Todd, Lakeland Charlie, Cuttin Caller, CBU93, stretch, TurkeyBurd, MAN, Bobby G, Kimber45, Crappie Luck 
Hop to:
Top Posters
RUGER
Deer Assassin
BSK
Crappie Luck
spitndrum
Newest Members
yarddawg54, schiesser, bigdoc, Bggamehunter, willy2763
13605 Registered Users
Who's Online
8 registered (jumpmaster21, hannibal, Living2Hunt, Tenn.Guy, 105, aubow) and 75 anonymous users online.
Forum Stats
13605 Members
43 Forums
100233 Topics
1180120 Posts

Max Online: 788 @ 11/11/13 08:06 PM
Moon Phase
CURRENT MOON
December
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30 31
Forum Donations
The TnDeer.Com Deer Talk Forum is for Tennessee Deer Hunters by Tennessee Deer Hunters. If you enjoy using our Talk Forum and would like to contribute to help in it's up-keep. Just submit your contribution by clicking on the DONATE button below and paying with PayPal or a major credit card. Any amount is much appreciated. Thanks for your support!

TN Burn Safe

Generated in 0.008 seconds in which 0.002 seconds were spent on a total of 15 queries. Zlib compression enabled.