Tndeer Logo

Page 2 of 3 <123>
Topic Options
#3145528 - 01/30/13 12:05 PM Re: Public Land [Re: catman529]
Urban_Hunter
8 Point

Loc: TN

Could work. I would trade some good Turkey info on public land for some good crappie info on "public waters". The problem is going to be assigning a "value" to your information, and then hope that the info you are receiving is of the same quality. It sure would be easy for someone to pick a spot on a map and trade it for some of your hard earned work. For me it would have to be a "I take you, you take me" kind of deal.

You're never to old to learn something stupid.

#3152304 - 02/05/13 12:05 AM Re: Public Land [Re: Urban_Hunter]
catman529
spiderboy
16 Point

Loc: Franklin TN

Originally Posted By: Urban_Hunter
Could work. I would trade some good Turkey info on public land for some good crappie info on "public waters". The problem is going to be assigning a "value" to your information, and then hope that the info you are receiving is of the same quality. It sure would be easy for someone to pick a spot on a map and trade it for some of your hard earned work. For me it would have to be a "I take you, you take me" kind of deal.
yes it would involve meeting face to face and showing the lay of the land or even hunting together.... again it's all just a theory. I don't mind hunting with someone a few times during the season, I like the social aspect and the shared memories, but really prefer hunting alone most of the time. But if I were looking for some good spots on an unfamiliar WMA (I'm not at the moment) I could possibly share a couple spots I know of on a familiar WMA.

...since last deer season

#3155941 - 02/08/13 09:11 AM Re: Public Land [Re: catman529]
TN Whitetail Freak
8 Point

Loc: Bradford, TN (Gibson Co.)

Id show u all mine hell hunting is so much better when u share it with someone

Edited by TN Whitetail Freak (02/08/13 09:11 AM)

Life's Not Handed To Ya; Go Get It.

Sure, the rut is a GREAT time to hunt if you don't know what you're doing!

#3156011 - 02/08/13 09:53 AM Re: Public Land [Re: TN Whitetail Freak]
BirdDog123
4 Point

Loc: Tennesssee, US

I don't know much about the turkeys but Ridge Road in Cheatham WMA has some good bucks. I knwo a guy that popped a 10 and I saw a lot of rub lines in the bottom of the hollow where all the creeks meet. Once you go there you will know why its a hotspot. No one in their right mind would drag a deer out of there lol..
#3156026 - 02/08/13 10:02 AM Re: Public Land [Re: BirdDog123]
nate17
8 Point

Loc: Missouri

Originally Posted By: BirdDog123
I don't know much about the turkeys but Ridge Road in Cheatham WMA has some good bucks. I knwo a guy that popped a 10 and I saw a lot of rub lines in the bottom of the hollow where all the creeks meet. Once you go there you will know why its a hotspot. No one in their right mind would drag a deer out of there lol..

I must be crazy because I would drag a 150" deer out of the grand canyon.

#3156276 - 02/08/13 01:24 PM Re: Public Land [Re: nate17]
GRAMPS
14 Point

Loc: Mount Carmel, TN

Catman, I would be glad to share a place I used to hunt at Natchez Trace which is public land. The fellows that used to go with me have stopped hunting and I could find no one to go with me. I am now 62 and have a bad heart so I probably will never hunt it again. The spot is about a one mile walk from the road and I always saw deer there. I could probably show you the place sometime this coming fall or try to get a map to you describing where it is.

Don't know how close you are to Natchez Trace but it was a six hour drive for me. I started hunting there because does were legal and we could not shoot them in our part of the state (I like to eat deer). Also that is the only place I have hunted where the deer travel in herds. I am not interested in a swap hunt but will be willing to show you where to hunt.

Edited by GRAMPS (02/08/13 02:17 PM)

#3156371 - 02/08/13 02:53 PM Re: Public Land [Re: GRAMPS]
ImThere
10 Point

Loc: Lewisburg, Tn

content Online
I would enjoy a you take me i take you senerio. i enjoy hunting with others. I have hunted most wma's in mid tn and had had succes at most of them. Any bodywant to trade a early bow for a late gun? Or a turkey for some fishing? Just give me a shout.

#3156436 - 02/08/13 03:40 PM Re: Public Land [Re: GRAMPS]
catman529
spiderboy
16 Point

Loc: Franklin TN

Originally Posted By: GRAMPS
Catman, I would be glad to share a place I used to hunt at Natchez Trace which is public land. The fellows that used to go with me have stopped hunting and I could find no one to go with me. I am now 62 and have a bad heart so I probably will never hunt it again. The spot is about a one mile walk from the road and I always saw deer there. I could probably show you the place sometime this coming fall or try to get a map to you describing where it is.

Don't know how close you are to Natchez Trace but it was a six hour drive for me. I started hunting there because does were legal and we could not shoot them in our part of the state (I like to eat deer). Also that is the only place I have hunted where the deer travel in herds. I am not interested in a swap hunt but will be willing to show you where to hunt.
that's a nice offer. I'm a good drive from Natchez trace but not near as far as you are. If you are ever good enough to walk the distance into your spot, I'd be glad to go along so you aren't hunting alone. Sounds like a good honey hole.

...since last deer season

#3156439 - 02/08/13 03:42 PM Re: Public Land [Re: ImThere]
Bone Collector
14 Point

Loc: Murfreesboro, TN

Originally Posted By: ImThere
I would enjoy a you take me i take you senerio. i enjoy hunting with others. I have hunted most wma's in mid tn and had had succes at most of them. Any bodywant to trade a early bow for a late gun? Or a turkey for some fishing? Just give me a shout.

Priest is good for Early bow, but not generally for late gun. You guys on Yanahli seem to see deer up till the end of season. I would be willing to do something like that.

“There are hunters and there are victims. By your discipline, cunning, obedience and alertness, you will decide if you are a hunter or a victim.”
General James Mattis

#3156561 - 02/08/13 05:45 PM Re: Public Land [Re: Bone Collector]
ImThere
10 Point

Loc: Lewisburg, Tn

content Online
 Originally Posted By: Bone Collector
 Originally Posted By: ImThere

Priest is good for Early bow, but not generally for late gun. You guys on Yanahli seem to see deer up till the end of season. I would be willing to do something like that.

Just let me know when your ready! You know i am.

Page 2 of 3 <123>

Moderator:  Bobby G, RUGER, Unicam, Taylor, TeamTndeer, Tborg, CBU93, stretch, Cuttin Caller, Kimber45, Mrs.Unicam, Crappie Luck 
Hop to:
Top Posters
RUGER
Deer Assassin
BSK
Crappie Luck
spitndrum
Newest Members
camohunter3, mtd, Higdon23, blcmrr2008, Urban deer Hunter
13270 Registered Users
Who's Online
22 registered (Dodge Man, trm, MUP, 102, ImThere, rabbit hunter, 4 invisible) and 69 anonymous users online.
Forum Stats
13270 Members
42 Forums
92984 Topics
1086562 Posts

Max Online: 788 @ 11/11/13 08:06 PM
Moon Phase
CURRENT MOON
September
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Forum Donations
The TnDeer.Com Deer Talk Forum is for Tennessee Deer Hunters by Tennessee Deer Hunters. If you enjoy using our Talk Forum and would like to contribute to help in it's up-keep. Just submit your contribution by clicking on the DONATE button below and paying with PayPal or a major credit card. Any amount is much appreciated. Thanks for your support!

TN Burn Safe

Generated in 0.094 seconds in which 0.001 seconds were spent on a total of 15 queries. Zlib compression enabled.