Tndeer Logo

Page 3 of 9 <12345>Last »
Topic Options
#3145021 - 01/30/13 01:15 AM Re: Military Drills Resume Preparation for MAT.LAW [Re: Bambi Buster]
Stalkhunter
10 Point

Loc: Knoxville TN

!ell i chewed more dirt and sand then you will ever know. i carry the scars, the hurt of my lost Buddies. The guilt of sending my Young Marines to kuwait while I was unable to deploy. Because i was still healing from operation Just Cause. So dont you dare insult me, I was in the Middle East. I lost friends in Beruit.

Edited by Stalkhunter (01/30/13 01:15 AM)

Μολων λαβε
I am a cancer Killer.

#3145023 - 01/30/13 01:18 AM Re: Military Drills Resume Preparation for MAT.LAW [Re: Stalkhunter]
Stalkhunter
10 Point

You can just say thank you and be on your way.

Μολων λαβε
I am a cancer Killer.

#3145025 - 01/30/13 01:22 AM Re: Military Drills Resume Preparation for MAT.LAW [Re: Stalkhunter]
Stalkhunter
10 Point

I lost Marines in Korea, doing Team Spirit just so people here could be safe. I picked up the burnt bodies I sleep with this do you? Dam u, I have not talked about this in 20 year.

Edited by Stalkhunter (01/30/13 01:23 AM)

Μολων λαβε
I am a cancer Killer.

#3145026 - 01/30/13 01:23 AM Re: Military Drills Resume Preparation for MAT.LAW [Re: Stalkhunter]
Stalkhunter
10 Point

God forgive me

Μολων λαβε
I am a cancer Killer.

#3145053 - 01/30/13 05:07 AM Re: Military Drills Resume Preparation for MAT.LAW [Re: Bambi Buster]
nodog
4 Point

Loc: Ohio

They've done that here before many times, once it made national news when Mayor pantload refused to let them train.

I once read a historical fiction book ( a book that tells history through the eye's of a fictional character) that explained why, in times of trouble especially where martial law is in place, to never be caught up in a town, but flee to the mountains. He wrote many histories in that platform, I've check out his facts and haven't found him wrong once.

There is only one way anything like a civil war will happen and that's if a section of the military declares they are independent of the government. Hearing rumors like that is the real cause for alarm.

It just maybe the training is being carried out with rebellion in the shadows. In other words, some who fear martial law at the hands of an oppressive government my come to see these exercises as pure genius.

#3145075 - 01/30/13 05:31 AM Re: Military Drills Resume Preparation for MAT.LAW [Re: nodog]
Crappie Luck Moderator
Non-Typical

Loc: Smith Co.

The military is not sworn to protect or serve the govt. They are sworn to uphold the Constitution against enemies foreign and domestic.

Obama's "Civilian Military force" will have the shoulder the burden of installing a dictator if that is to be the goal.

- Keep it real

#3145133 - 01/30/13 06:34 AM Re: Military Drills Resume Preparation for MAT.LAW [Re: Crappie Luck]
348Winchester
6 Point

Loc: Coon Creek

How many service members are patriots and really know anything about the Constitution?

I'm not coming down on servicemen, but how many will just blindly follow orders? That's what they are "trained" to do.

#3145239 - 01/30/13 08:28 AM Re: Military Drills Resume Preparation for MAT.LAW [Re: 348Winchester]
44fanatic
12 Point

Loc: Clarksville, Montgomery Cnty

As a veteran of 21 years, I do not believe that the Government will be able to use the military as a tool to achieve a "dictatorship". Members of the military are trained on lawful and unlawful orders, they are members of the community, they have family and roots, they are AMERICANS and PATRIOTS.

I do feel there is a need for martial law and military action during times of crisis. These times of crisis may be a significant natural disaster, terrorist attack, a successful attack on our infrastructure. Heck, maybe even a cutoff of subsidies and there is inner city rioting. With many foreseeable events, the military will be used to maintain order and preserve infrastructure, not occupy territory or promote political agendas.

The military must train and be prepared for these types of events. They must be able to work with and understand the functions and capabilities other agencies, as well as those agencies understanding what the military can do.
 Originally Posted By: 348Winchester
How many service members are patriots and really know anything about the Constitution?

I'm not coming down on servicemen, but how many will just blindly follow orders? That's what they are "trained" to do.

As for "following orders"...with the military, you cannot think of an individual. You must look at the collective mind of the group and the chain of command. Team, Squad, Platoon, Company, Battalion, Brigade, Corp...There is not one person thinking and analyzing, there are many. The voice of reason will be spoken and heard. As a Soldier, do I want to shoot at someone who may be my best friend’s family? Will the military be able to segregate units so that I am not deployed to my home town or state?

A well trained and knowledgably force will be able to accomplish its mission. With this type of training, the military will be better prepared, less fearful and thus, less likely to fire upon American citizens.

Edited by 44fanatic (01/30/13 08:30 AM)

#3145242 - 01/30/13 08:31 AM Re: Military Drills Resume Preparation for MAT.LAW [Re: 44fanatic]
44fanatic
12 Point

http://www.clarksvilleonline.com/2009/09...g-into-troy-tn/

101st Airborne Soldiers to conduct air assault training into Troy, TN

September 23, 2009
Fort Campbell – The Soldiers of the 2nd Battalion, 327th Infantry Regiment of the 1st Brigade Combat Team, along with the 5th Battalion, 101st Aviation Regiment, 101st Combat Aviation Brigade, both of the 101st Airborne Division (Air Assault), will perform a scenario-based air assault for training purposes, in the Troy, Tenn., Sept. 29-30 from 10 a.m. until 4 p.m.

Once the areas are prepared for training, Soldiers will be flown to Troy via helicopters from Fort Campbell and dropped onto multiple locations within the city, such as they would in a real-world, combat scenario. Once the helicopters land, Soldiers from 2-327 will exit the aircraft and conduct the training exercise to clear each pre-determined building based on the scenario. There will be four different objective areas.

This will be the first time the Soldiers from the 101st have conducted this type of training exercise in this area. The local community leaders have been in contact with key leaders from the Fort Campbell and information has already been distributed throughout the local communities.

The Soldiers are conducting the training in order to provide them with pertinent realistic training in unfamiliar terrain to prepare them for possible contingency operations around the world.

#3145280 - 01/30/13 08:59 AM Re: Military Drills Resume Preparation for MAT.LAW [Re: 44fanatic]
44fanatic
12 Point

I see four possible incidents upon which the military would use deadly force:

1) Rioters charging and attacking barricade/control lines
2) Right wing extremists (individuals and groups) who do not believe in the federal government firing upon military and agency positions/facilites. Hostile actions (ambush, sniper) would be initiated by the extremist. Or action being taken by the military based upon intelligence reporting of extremist strongholds and locations with the extremist initiating the hostile action.
3) A "panic" situation where a military member feels threatened and fires upon civilians. This would be investigated and the information gained would then be used and disseminated to troops so that hopefully another similar incident would not happen again.
4) Troops returning fire upon disgruntled individuals. This would be deliberate and directed fire, not a squad opening up with all weapons. This is where the training really kicks in.

Edited by 44fanatic (01/30/13 09:01 AM)

Page 3 of 9 <12345>Last »

Moderator:  Crappie Luck, Tennessee Todd, RUGER, Unicam, stretch, Cuttin Caller, Bobby G, Kimber45, Kirk 
Hop to:
Top Posters
RUGER
Deer Assassin
BSK
Crappie Luck
spitndrum
Newest Members
Fish N Hunt, bowednlazy, ULTIMATE TARGETS, Philski, Original Booger
13295 Registered Users
Who's Online
99 registered (2in1shot, wildlifelover, Sako, TNRifleman, gardner, woodchuckc, 14 invisible) and 143 anonymous users online.
Forum Stats
13295 Members
42 Forums
85599 Topics
1034314 Posts

Max Online: 788 @ 11/11/13 08:06 PM
Moon Phase
CURRENT MOON
April
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5
6 7 8 9 10 11 12
13 14 15 16 17 18 19
20 21 22 23 24 25 26
27 28 29 30
Forum Donations
The TnDeer.Com Deer Talk Forum is for Tennessee Deer Hunters by Tennessee Deer Hunters. If you enjoy using our Talk Forum and would like to contribute to help in it's up-keep. Just submit your contribution by clicking on the DONATE button below and paying with PayPal or a major credit card. Any amount is much appreciated. Thanks for your support!

TN Burn Safe

Generated in 0.259 seconds in which 0.001 seconds were spent on a total of 15 queries. Zlib compression enabled.