Tndeer Logo

Page 8 of 12 « First<678910>Last »
Topic Options
#3144060 - 01/29/13 02:57 PM Re: Boy Scouts discussing end to ban on gay members [Re: Pic IN the Casa]
89cherokeelimited
6 Point

Loc: TN, Sumner, Hendersonville

Originally Posted By: Pic IN the Casa
 Originally Posted By: Dbllunger
 Originally Posted By: Crappie Luck
 Originally Posted By: Dbllunger
How do so many people make the incredibly large leap from Homosexuality to Pedophiles. This boggles my mind.

ig·no·rant
/ˈignərənt/Adjective
1.Lacking knowledge or awareness in general; uneducated or unsophisticated.
2.Lacking knowledge, information, or awareness about something in particular:

By definition, this is ignorant thinking. That is like saying all heterosexual males want to molest young girls. Simply not true.

The boy scouts need to worry more about identifying pedophiles in its organization and getting rid of those people than worrying about people that want to positively affect young lives and just happen to be gay.

And also, I am a devout practicing heterosexual. I don't support a gay lifestyle but am aware enough to realize that sexual orientation doesn't make you a good or bad person.

Ignorant? Your case that pedophile and homosexuality are mutually exclusive is so lacking in substance that you have to come out with name calling to defile me rather than prove your point?

I know, It's all those documented cases of young boys being molested by heterosexuals. In fact, homosexuals in the BSA is a non issue because they are not interested in them boys.

Here's some ignorance for you

http://www.frc.org/get.cfm?i=IS02E3

http://www.wnd.com/2002/04/13722/

I was not saying that homosexuality and pedophilia are mutually exclusive. I was just pointing out that one does not always go with the other like so many on here seem to assume.

Being called a jerk or some other similar name is name calling. Being ignorant is not. It is simply a term to describe someone that is not informed on a particular subject.

I am not advocating what the Boy Scouts do or not do. I have no dog in the fight with that. I just think it strange that so many people equate gay and child molester.

You're defending homosexuality by using what would be the absolute worst thing that could happen to my son.

A boy, being raped by a pedophile is an instantaneous ruining of his life.

A gay scoutmaster telling that same boy that a man putting his penis into another mans anus is okay is just a slower process of ruining that kids life.

It's the equivilent of telling a toaster (heterosexual boy) that it's now a television (queer).

If you want your kids to hang out with sodomites go for it.

That was my point when he posted below my post with the definition of "Ignorant"
Well said Pic IN the Casa

#3144061 - 01/29/13 02:59 PM Re: Boy Scouts discussing end to ban on gay members [Re: JThuntsalot]
in the dog house!
16 Point

Loc: west tn

Originally Posted By: JThuntsalot
On my honor, I will do my best, to do my duty to God and my Country. To obey the Scout law, To help other people at all times. To keep myself physical strong, Mentally awake, and morally straight.

How can a gay person take that oath, knowing that they are going against God. The Boy Scouts have an oath and when you are gay you cannot live by that oath. Simple as that.

Obuhmmer took the oath to uphold the Constitution ................... Not trying to hyjack but if he can take that oath then these people will have no problem taking the boy scout oath. What a great example or president is setting for the youth of America.

Μολων λαβε

#3144065 - 01/29/13 03:00 PM Re: Boy Scouts discussing end to ban on gay members [Re: Crappie Luck]
Dbllunger
12 Point

Loc: Middle Tennessee

Can you at least entertain the possibility that allowing them access to our children might pose some problems?

Absolutely. I am not advocating one way or the other. My two sons and wife are the most precious things I have in this world and I would not consider doing anything that may bring them harm.

Growing up, I had an uncle that was/is gay. He never treated me any different than my non gay uncles. He is still to this day a kind and good man. On the other hand, I have a cousin that is happily married with children and grandchildren. He is a pedophile. May he rot in hell.

#3144069 - 01/29/13 03:03 PM Re: Boy Scouts discussing end to ban on gay members [Re: Crappie Luck]
TennesseeRains
TnDeer Old Timer
16 Point

Loc: Hixson,TN

Oh, I don't know...placing young impressionable boys who may be at various stages of undress at times; away from their parents; in out of the way places; and with no witnesses among homosexual grown men seems OK.

In fact, the probable result kind of reminds me of a similar situation that came to light recently regarding the Catholic church. That worked out just great! Now, the priests weren't known to be gay - or pedafiles - but the result was the same.

Why take the chance? Why put a ribeye in front of a lion?
I don't always eat meat but when I do I prefer deer. Stay hungry my friends-nbforrest#3

To be fair, we can now blame everything on everything else-Wildcat

A nation of sheep breeds a gov't of wolves

#3144074 - 01/29/13 03:07 PM Re: Boy Scouts discussing end to ban on gay members [Re: JThuntsalot]
TAFKAP
14 Point

Loc: Memphis

Originally Posted By: JThuntsalot

I did not exclude the others. I just posted the ones a gay person could not follow of the Boy Scout Laws.

Yes, you pick one to apply to gays....however, adopting the same attitudes shown here would ignore a significantly larger aspect of the same Scout Law you quote.

Certainly not the embodiment of "helping other people at all times".

People would be willing to jump all over the opportunity to mentor a troubled kid with a drug addiction or history of crime. I would expect a stronger influence on my kids from a dude trying to steal stuff or smoke dope on a camping trip than to worry about whether a gay is trying to molest someone. Why should a kid be shunned because you don't like his sexual preference?

#3144078 - 01/29/13 03:08 PM Re: Boy Scouts discussing end to ban on gay members [Re: Crappie Luck]
TAFKAP
14 Point

Originally Posted By: TAFKAP
As I pointed out in another post.

100% of the men who molest boys are homosexual. I'm ignorant as to how that connection cannot be recognized.

People are gay for different reasons.
Some just simply like people of the same sex. Some are "into it" for the attention and cultural celebration.

Some are sexual addicts, bath house, anonymous sex and have severe mental defects.

If we are going to HONESTLY consider allowing homosexuals in the BSA we cannot tolerate stereotypes. Not the negative kind that paints them all as pedophiles or high heal wearing prisses.

And certainly not the Positive stereotype that we are indoctrinated with that they are all just everyday folks who happen to be attracted to adult men.

The reality is a large % of them have serious mental issues and an extremely high rate of medication, depression and suicide.

Can you at least entertain the possibility that allowing them access to our children might pose some problems?

Do you take issue with straight women that involve themselves with Scout troops, often donning the uniform and accompanying the kids on camping trips? As I recall, there are also female pedophiles out there, but everyone likes to high-five the kids they molest.

There may be a case of this happening in a troop, but I have not heard of it. But, on the other hand, I have a list of 1900 gay men (posted above) who HAVE caused problems.

Are we disregarding 1900 REAL cases with one hypothetical one?

Not at all, but I wonder if you applied the same resources to finding female relations amongst Scouts, you'll probably find some justification to classify it as more than hypothetical.

Then again, my recollection is that most of those women in Scout uniforms probably play for the same team as the boys ;\)

#3144079 - 01/29/13 03:08 PM Re: Boy Scouts discussing end to ban on gay members [Re: ]
Brisco Darlin
10 Point

Loc: East Tn.

Don't think anyone has asked this but here goes. Why is the norm now that someone wants to become part of a group , any group, but they expect the group to conform to suit them. If you want to be part of a group, why not become what that group stands for.
This in no way is about making it equal for all boys. It's so the gays can get the TV time to push their agenda on everyone.
Recently on the news two gays were making a spectacle of going from courthouse to courthouse to apply for a marriage license.

#3144091 - 01/29/13 03:19 PM Re: Boy Scouts discussing end to ban on gay members [Re: Brisco Darlin]
TAFKAP
14 Point

Or, a 14 year old kid can run around with his friends at school, but cannot go camping, learn skills, gain leadership experience, or place "Eagle Scout" on his resumee because he's not sure if girls are really where it's at.

I'm a little questionable about gay adult leaders (not as much if their kid is also active in the troop), but I just don't see how it benefits anyone from denying membership to a gay kid.

#3144104 - 01/29/13 03:31 PM Re: Boy Scouts discussing end to ban on gay members [Re: TAFKAP]
Brisco Darlin
10 Point

Loc: East Tn.

don't want to hijack so i deleted it.

Edited by Brisco Darlin (01/29/13 03:33 PM)

#3144109 - 01/29/13 03:33 PM Re: Boy Scouts discussing end to ban on gay members [Re: TAFKAP]
Crappie Luck Moderator
Non-Typical

Loc: Smith Co.

As I pointed out in another post.

100% of the men who molest boys are homosexual. I'm ignorant as to how that connection cannot be recognized.

People are gay for different reasons.
Some just simply like people of the same sex. Some are "into it" for the attention and cultural celebration.

Some are sexual addicts, bath house, anonymous sex and have severe mental defects.

If we are going to HONESTLY consider allowing homosexuals in the BSA we cannot tolerate stereotypes. Not the negative kind that paints them all as pedophiles or high heal wearing prisses.

And certainly not the Positive stereotype that we are indoctrinated with that they are all just everyday folks who happen to be attracted to adult men.

The reality is a large % of them have serious mental issues and an extremely high rate of medication, depression and suicide.

Do you take issue with straight women that involve themselves with Scout troops, often donning the uniform and accompanying the kids on camping trips? As I recall, there are also female pedophiles out there, but everyone likes to high-five the kids they molest.

There may be a case of this happening in a troop, but I have not heard of it. But, on the other hand, I have a list of 1900 gay men (posted above) who HAVE caused problems.

Are we disregarding 1900 REAL cases with one hypothetical one?

Not at all, but I wonder if you applied the same resources to finding female relations amongst Scouts, you'll probably find some justification to classify it as more than hypothetical.

Then again, my recollection is that most of those women in Scout uniforms probably play for the same team as the boys ;\)

ALL of the females involved in our pack are mothers of children in the scouts.
There's a lot of single moms out there and I just don't see any threat of molestation coming from that demographic.

Page 8 of 12 « First<678910>Last »

Moderator:  RUGER, Unicam, gtk, Tennessee Todd, Lakeland Charlie, Cuttin Caller, CBU93, stretch, TurkeyBurd, MAN, Bobby G, Kimber45, Crappie Luck 
Hop to:
Top Posters
RUGER
Deer Assassin
BSK
Crappie Luck
spitndrum
Newest Members
yarddawg54, schiesser, bigdoc, Bggamehunter, willy2763
13605 Registered Users
Who's Online
5 registered (waterman, pseshooter300, TennTurkeyHunter, BigAl, 1 invisible) and 84 anonymous users online.
Forum Stats
13605 Members
43 Forums
100233 Topics
1180120 Posts

Max Online: 788 @ 11/11/13 08:06 PM
Moon Phase
CURRENT MOON
December
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30 31
Forum Donations
The TnDeer.Com Deer Talk Forum is for Tennessee Deer Hunters by Tennessee Deer Hunters. If you enjoy using our Talk Forum and would like to contribute to help in it's up-keep. Just submit your contribution by clicking on the DONATE button below and paying with PayPal or a major credit card. Any amount is much appreciated. Thanks for your support!

TN Burn Safe

Generated in 0.009 seconds in which 0.003 seconds were spent on a total of 15 queries. Zlib compression enabled.