Tndeer Logo

Page 5 of 12 « First<34567>Last »
Topic Options
#3143864 - 01/29/13 12:56 PM Re: Boy Scouts discussing end to ban on gay members [Re: TAFKAP]
MUP
Non-Typical

Loc: Just North of Chatt-town

Murderers also live among us, and even tho a murder hasn't murdered any children yet, doesn't mean I'm willing to learn to live among them, or worse yet, let my children be anywhere near them. Now this is just my opinion of course, narrow as it may be. And ignorant I imagine to some.

Edited by MUP (01/29/13 12:56 PM)
Edit Reason: added from last post

Amateurs: Built the Ark

Professionals: Built the Titanic

#3143873 - 01/29/13 01:03 PM Re: Boy Scouts discussing end to ban on gay members [Re: Crappie Luck]
pass-thru
10 Point

Loc: va beach

Originally Posted By: Crappie Luck
The BSA is also a Private, Christian organization that is responsible for the safety of it's members.

I'm an Eagle sount, earned it 20 years ago. That time, sex abuse of scouts by leaders was still RAMPANT. I know this because there was 2 big scandals in my town. One, a freaky old man previously convicted of raping boys in another state. The other, former town mayor and upstanding citizen. Married with 4 kids of his own. He was never outed until years after he left scouting, having molested dozens of boys over many years. When several of the men he had abused when they were boys reported it, local law enforcement turned them away. They had to go to the state police.

Out of the closet gays are not the threat. The threat to kids is from perverted individuals who appear normal. Scouting new about problems for decades and covered it up. Hopefully the new policies of recent years will prevent that kind of stuff happening again.

#3143875 - 01/29/13 01:05 PM Re: Boy Scouts discussing end to ban on gay members [Re: MUP]
Jer
8 Point

Loc: Old Hickory, TN

I am surprised this point hasn't been brought up. This issue is more about attaction then anything else. We do not allow male BSA leaders to sleep in the same tents with girls do we? Then why would allow a lesbian to sleep in the same tent with girls or be alone with girls when they are attracted to girls. It is about the temptation and never under any circumstance should we put kids in that situation.

#3143887 - 01/29/13 01:13 PM Re: Boy Scouts discussing end to ban on gay members [Re: MUP]
Dbllunger
12 Point

Loc: Middle Tennessee

Originally Posted By: MUP
Murderers also live among us, and even tho a murder hasn't murdered any children yet, doesn't mean I'm willing to learn to live among them, or worse yet, let my children be anywhere near them. Now this is just my opinion of course, narrow as it may be. And ignorant I imagine to some.

Murder is a crime....being gay is not I'm pretty sure.

If I had to pick between the two, I would rather have lunch with Liberace than Ted Bundy (heterosexual)

#3143892 - 01/29/13 01:17 PM Re: Boy Scouts discussing end to ban on gay members [Re: Dbllunger]
Crappie Luck Moderator
Non-Typical

Loc: Smith Co.

Originally Posted By: Dbllunger
How do so many people make the incredibly large leap from Homosexuality to Pedophiles. This boggles my mind.

ig·no·rant
/ˈignərənt/Adjective
1.Lacking knowledge or awareness in general; uneducated or unsophisticated.
2.Lacking knowledge, information, or awareness about something in particular:

By definition, this is ignorant thinking. That is like saying all heterosexual males want to molest young girls. Simply not true.

The boy scouts need to worry more about identifying pedophiles in its organization and getting rid of those people than worrying about people that want to positively affect young lives and just happen to be gay.

And also, I am a devout practicing heterosexual. I don't support a gay lifestyle but am aware enough to realize that sexual orientation doesn't make you a good or bad person.

Ignorant? Your case that pedophile and homosexuality are mutually exclusive is so lacking in substance that you have to come out with name calling to defile me rather than prove your point?

I know, It's all those documented cases of young boys being molested by heterosexuals. In fact, homosexuals in the BSA is a non issue because they are not interested in them boys.

Here's some ignorance for you

http://www.frc.org/get.cfm?i=IS02E3

http://www.wnd.com/2002/04/13722/

#3143897 - 01/29/13 01:19 PM Re: Boy Scouts discussing end to ban on gay members [Re: Dbllunger]
MUP
Non-Typical

Loc: Just North of Chatt-town

Originally Posted By: MUP

Murder is a crime....being gay is not I'm pretty sure.

If I had to pick between the two, I would rather have lunch with Liberace than Ted Bundy (heterosexual)

Yea, but would you make that discernment with your children? I certainly would not. ;\) Illegal, or just plain wrong, still not gonna be around my kids.

Amateurs: Built the Ark

Professionals: Built the Titanic

#3143908 - 01/29/13 01:26 PM Re: Boy Scouts discussing end to ban on gay members [Re: Jer]
pass-thru
10 Point

Loc: va beach

Originally Posted By: Jer
I am surprised this point hasn't been brought up. This issue is more about attaction then anything else. We do not allow male BSA leaders to sleep in the same tents with girls do we? Then why would allow a lesbian to sleep in the same tent with girls or be alone with girls when they are attracted to girls. It is about the temptation and never under any circumstance should we put kids in that situation.

No leader is allowed to sleep in a tent with any kid they're not the parent of.

#3143910 - 01/29/13 01:27 PM Re: Boy Scouts discussing end to ban on gay members [Re: Crappie Luck]
Jer
8 Point

Loc: Old Hickory, TN

Originally Posted By: Crappie Luck
How do so many people make the incredibly large leap from Homosexuality to Pedophiles. This boggles my mind.

ig·no·rant
/ˈignərənt/Adjective
1.Lacking knowledge or awareness in general; uneducated or unsophisticated.
2.Lacking knowledge, information, or awareness about something in particular:

By definition, this is ignorant thinking. That is like saying all heterosexual males want to molest young girls. Simply not true.

The boy scouts need to worry more about identifying pedophiles in its organization and getting rid of those people than worrying about people that want to positively affect young lives and just happen to be gay.

And also, I am a devout practicing heterosexual. I don't support a gay lifestyle but am aware enough to realize that sexual orientation doesn't make you a good or bad person.

Ignorant? Your case that pedophile and homosexuality are mutually exclusive is so lacking in substance that you have to come out with name calling to defile me rather than prove your point?

I know, It's all those documented cases of young boys being molested by heterosexuals. In fact, homosexuals in the BSA is a non issue because they are not interested in them boys.

Here's some ignorance for you

http://www.frc.org/get.cfm?i=IS02E3

http://www.wnd.com/2002/04/13722/

I think if you are molesting kids you lose your heterosexual card and you have been falsely claiming to be heterosexual.

#3143911 - 01/29/13 01:28 PM Re: Boy Scouts discussing end to ban on gay members [Re: pass-thru]
Crappie Luck Moderator
Non-Typical

I'm not saying 100% of homosexuals are pedophiles.

But I AM saying that 100% of the men who molest young boys are homosexuals.

THAT is the point of keeping them out of the BSA.

#3143927 - 01/29/13 01:32 PM Re: Boy Scouts discussing end to ban on gay members [Re: Crappie Luck]
Crappie Luck Moderator
Non-Typical

more ignorance

http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2012/12/...in-midwest?lite

Page 5 of 12 « First<34567>Last »

Moderator:  RUGER, Unicam, gtk, Tennessee Todd, Lakeland Charlie, Cuttin Caller, CBU93, stretch, TurkeyBurd, MAN, Bobby G, Kimber45, Crappie Luck 
Hop to:
Top Posters
RUGER
Deer Assassin
BSK
Crappie Luck
spitndrum
Newest Members
PGIC, jmccormick24, emtp, Hozzie, crushing
13529 Registered Users
Who's Online
36 registered (Backstrapcrazy, fredfred, bjohnson, birddog, Gravel, ROVERBOY, 3 invisible) and 83 anonymous users online.
Forum Stats
13529 Members
42 Forums
99055 Topics
1164651 Posts

Max Online: 788 @ 11/11/13 08:06 PM
Moon Phase
CURRENT MOON
November
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29
Forum Donations
The TnDeer.Com Deer Talk Forum is for Tennessee Deer Hunters by Tennessee Deer Hunters. If you enjoy using our Talk Forum and would like to contribute to help in it's up-keep. Just submit your contribution by clicking on the DONATE button below and paying with PayPal or a major credit card. Any amount is much appreciated. Thanks for your support!

TN Burn Safe

Generated in 0.048 seconds in which 0.003 seconds were spent on a total of 15 queries. Zlib compression enabled.