Tndeer Logo

Page 4 of 8 « First<23456>Last »
Topic Options
#3143101 - 01/28/13 08:55 PM Re: Hunting Shows [Re: morgancountry]
MRUTVOL
6 Point

Loc: Goodlettsville,Tennessee,USA

I rarely watch them anymore. It drives me crazy having to turn up my volume to hear what they are saying because they continue to whisper after the kill. The darn thing is dead start talking and celebrating cause that deer aint going nowhere.
#3143408 - 01/29/13 07:11 AM Re: Hunting Shows [Re: PinchPoint]
MUP
Non-Typical

Loc: Just North of Chatt-town

Originally Posted By: Heli-Hunter
I cannot stand when im watching a show where somebody makes a bad shot, sometimes awful. Whether it be a gut shot or right in the hind quarters... Then they look at the camera and say " I hit him just a LIL farther back than I wanted" Its plain as day you made a bad shot, Just own up to it!
Sorry had to rant about this

Or even worse, they make that same bad shot and say "I just smoked him!" \:\/

Amateurs: Built the Ark

Professionals: Built the Titanic

#3143532 - 01/29/13 08:49 AM Re: Hunting Shows [Re: MUP]
woodsman87
8 Point

Loc: south TN

Originally Posted By: MUP
I cannot stand when im watching a show where somebody makes a bad shot, sometimes awful. Whether it be a gut shot or right in the hind quarters... Then they look at the camera and say " I hit him just a LIL farther back than I wanted" Its plain as day you made a bad shot, Just own up to it!

I know. I hate it when you see them bow hunting and the arrow goes write through the gut and they start giving fives and celebrating.
I never celebrate until I find the deer or if im gun hunting I see it drop.

#3143696 - 01/29/13 10:52 AM Re: Hunting Shows [Re: woodsman87]
PinchPoint
8 Point

Loc: Knoxville Tn

Originally Posted By: woodsman87
 Originally Posted By: MUP

I know. I hate it when you see them bow hunting and the arrow goes write through the gut and they start giving fives and celebrating.
I never celebrate until I find the deer or if im gun hunting I see it drop.
EXACTLY!

Genesis 27:3

#3143709 - 01/29/13 11:00 AM Re: Hunting Shows [Re: PinchPoint]
Lawrence
8 Point

Loc: MT. Juliet Tennessee

watched one last night for about 5 minutes
the guy was turkey hunting and was in search of his 450 something kill. He is a big time call maker and his ego was way out there.

BOOM

#3146929 - 01/31/13 01:15 PM Re: Hunting Shows [Re: Lawrence]
RKenney
10 Point

Loc: Maury Co.

Big industry with a lot of different pay checks going out with the other related companies. It's called "free enterprize", if you don't like the shows, then don't watch them. Evidently, many people across the country like them or they would have already been taken off the air.
#3148049 - 02/01/13 09:52 AM Re: Hunting Shows [Re: Poser]
BSK
Jerkasourous of the non-typical kind
Non-Typical

Loc: Nashville, TN

Originally Posted By: Poser
I'd like to see a hunting show spoof that is show dedicated to making fun of other hunting shows. If you have seen the show Portlandia, you'll follow my line of thinking here. -would be hilarious.

THAT would be a hoot! But just like the hilarious spoof movie "Spinaltap" hit WAY too close to home and was not well received in the Heavy Metal community, I thonk a spoof hunting show would not be popular with the trophy hunting crowd.

"There is no reasoning someone out of a position he has not reasoned himself into." --Clive James

#3148053 - 02/01/13 09:55 AM Re: Hunting Shows [Re: Jugfish]
BSK
Jerkasourous of the non-typical kind
Non-Typical

Loc: Nashville, TN

Originally Posted By: Jugfish
Most hunting shows embarass me.

I too am embarrassed for the hunting community when I see most hunting shows. In my opinion, they paint deer hunters in a very poor light. I would hate to think non-hunters are watching these shows and thinking that is what deer hunting is all about.

"There is no reasoning someone out of a position he has not reasoned himself into." --Clive James

#3148836 - 02/01/13 11:34 PM Re: Hunting Shows [Re: MRUTVOL]
Poser
Mud Dauber
16 Point

Loc: Tennessee

Originally Posted By: MRUTVOL
I rarely watch them anymore. It drives me crazy having to turn up my volume to hear what they are saying because they continue to whisper after the kill. The darn thing is dead start talking and celebrating cause that deer aint going nowhere.

Not defending them but there is actually a technical reason why they do that. The audio levels are set for whispering. If they started talking in a loud voice, it would distort.

Wild & crazy, can't be stopped. Only the strong will survive.

Keep your knife sharp and your skillet greasy.

http://www.GoCarnivore.com

#3148890 - 02/02/13 06:50 AM Re: Hunting Shows [Re: morgancountry]
10 Point

Loc: Tennessee

Many of these shows are, quite frankly, embarrassing. I DO choose to turn them off rather than sit and watch. They prostitute hunting in many ways. Not all, but many.

And not only hunting shows, but the media in general.

Jim Cary starred in a movie called Truman where a man is raised in a world completely fake. His world is in reality, a TV show aired daily and viewed Globally. It is a number one TV show in this movie.

Everyone around him is an actor. He has no clue. Even the weather is controlled by the shows producer.

In a related fashion, the show makes me wonder how influenced we all really are by the "boob tube".
Seriously, how much do we really need to know about the garbage of this world?

The hunting industry is the same.

I saw a chilling interview with Jon Stewart vs Al Gore on Comedy Central where Al Gore said we live in a Democracy that no longer operates freely. It is controlled by big lobbyists and needs free commerce to drive (fuel) our system. In other words he said money needs to be spent by consumers to keep our system operating. And by operating he means that this will allow the wealthiest rich control Washington and tell them what to do.

On a smaller scale, hunting shows are mostly about selling product.

Recently I have been engaged in talks with a outdoor TV show producer/creator. He is successful and looking to add another camera to his team from the South.
We got through all the equipment/sponsor requirements. Then discussed dialogue and story theme. It all sounded good.

But when it came to "money talk" guess what I found out? THere is NO PAY involved, just products.

So for all the hard work, editing, money shots, and expenses the guys in front of the camera are doing this popular show for ZERO pay. The shows producer said some shows do pay their hunters, but for his show, a hunter needs to be satisfied with "telling their story".

He also told me that there are MANY outdoor TV shows that operate this way. Only the owner/producer of the show makes any money. And according to him, not much. Most money is made by selling their own products, books, video, calls, etc. Not the show itself.

What does this say about "ego"?
SCAPAS.stay calm and pick a spot.

Page 4 of 8 « First<23456>Last »

Moderator:  RUGER, Tennessee Todd, Unicam, Cuttin Caller, CBU93, stretch, Bobby G, TurkeyBurd, Kimber45, Mrs.Unicam, Crappie Luck 
Hop to:
Top Posters
RUGER
Deer Assassin
BSK
Crappie Luck
spitndrum
Newest Members
kiplrrp, MudIslandMemphis, bcole0305, Browningbelgium7, cw308
13555 Registered Users
Who's Online
126 registered (striker12, Asaltwpn1, Rackseeker, HAWKEYE, buckaroo, lung-buster, 12 invisible) and 192 anonymous users online.
Forum Stats
13555 Members
42 Forums
99467 Topics
1170071 Posts

Max Online: 788 @ 11/11/13 08:06 PM
Moon Phase
CURRENT MOON
November
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29
Forum Donations
The TnDeer.Com Deer Talk Forum is for Tennessee Deer Hunters by Tennessee Deer Hunters. If you enjoy using our Talk Forum and would like to contribute to help in it's up-keep. Just submit your contribution by clicking on the DONATE button below and paying with PayPal or a major credit card. Any amount is much appreciated. Thanks for your support!

TN Burn Safe

Generated in 0.058 seconds in which 0.001 seconds were spent on a total of 15 queries. Zlib compression enabled.