Tndeer Logo

Page 10 of 12 « First<89101112>
Topic Options
#3144220 - 01/29/13 04:38 PM Re: Boy Scouts discussing end to ban on gay members [Re: Crappie Luck]
dr
10 Point

Loc: USA

WOW! Some of you are really defending gays... Maybe the BSA will be getting some new members. I thought it was mostly a liberal thing.

#3144227 - 01/29/13 04:44 PM Re: Boy Scouts discussing end to ban on gay members [Re: TAFKAP]
Crappie Luck Moderator
Non-Typical

Loc: Smith Co.

OK. Women molest kids too.

So is your point that we INCREASE the risk by adding homosexuals or are you advocating we REDUCE risk by removing the single mom threat?

You're trying to justify bad behavior by pointing to other bad behavior.

How is this keeping these kids safe?

#3144235 - 01/29/13 04:50 PM Re: Boy Scouts discussing end to ban on gay members [Re: dr]
TAFKAP
14 Point

Loc: Memphis

Originally Posted By: dr
WOW! Some of you are really defending gays... Maybe the BSA will be getting some new members. I thought it was mostly a liberal thing.

Speaking for myself, it's more a "live and let live" thing.

#3144238 - 01/29/13 04:52 PM Re: Boy Scouts discussing end to ban on gay members [Re: Crappie Luck]
TAFKAP
14 Point

Originally Posted By: Crappie Luck

So is your point that we INCREASE the risk by adding homosexuals or are you advocating we REDUCE risk by removing the single mom threat?

In the same sense that liberals blow "Assault Rifles" out of proportion, I find the same sentiments flowing through the "qwars gonna molest yer young'ns" mentality.

#3144247 - 01/29/13 05:00 PM Re: Boy Scouts discussing end to ban on gay members [Re: TAFKAP]
Crappie Luck Moderator
Non-Typical

Originally Posted By: TAFKAP

In the same sense that liberals blow "Assault Rifles" out of proportion, I find the same sentiments flowing through the "qwars gonna molest yer young'ns" mentality.

I think the 2nd amendment as important as the 1st. A religious organization has a right to freedom of assembly and to set rules according to their church.

This decision is due to political pressure. It's not something the BSA has chosen to do on their own. They have been constantly battered by the gay lobby and MSM for years.

If they chose to go the Rainbow route, it will be the end of the BSA as we know it.

#3144259 - 01/29/13 05:06 PM Re: Boy Scouts discussing end to ban on gay members [Re: Crappie Luck]
TAFKAP
14 Point

Nah...I don't see it that way. Honestly, do you really expect an influx of light-in-the-loafer kids and "dads" to just gang-rush the nearest signup drive?

Either way, I'm bowing out of this one. I've said my peace, and it's a bunch of head knocking otherwise. Not to confuse my position with condoning blatant homosexuality and savage acts of $aggotry, I just don't see them as a threat to my masculinity or morality. People are people, and the ones that really care about this matter are the ones that suffer from the exclusion.

I think there are two classifications in this argument.

1) Some gay kid or parent that wants to enrich their kids' lives by participating in Scouts

2) Militant liberal in your face activists that couldn't care less either way. I suspect this is where most of the conflict lies.

#3144281 - 01/29/13 05:21 PM Re: Boy Scouts discussing end to ban on gay members [Re: TAFKAP]
Crappie Luck Moderator
Non-Typical

I appreciate the debate.

I think the one thing that keeps getting ignored in most of these type cases are the opinions of those most directly involved, the scouts and scout leaders.

If they go all "Chick-fil-a" on the BSA, the qwarrs might just be the only ones left to run it.

Maybe NAMBLA will be willing to "lend a hand" ;\)

#3144294 - 01/29/13 05:29 PM Re: Boy Scouts discussing end to ban on gay members [Re: Crappie Luck]
dr
10 Point

Loc: USA

Originally Posted By: TAFKAP

I think the 2nd amendment as important as the 1st. A religious organization has a right to freedom of assembly and to set rules according to their church.

This decision is due to political pressure. It's not something the BSA has chosen to do on their own. They have been constantly battered by the gay lobby and MSM for years.

If they chose to go the Rainbow route, it will be the end of the BSA as we know it.

Absolutely. The regime, and liberal followers are promoting homosexuality as acceptable, and normal in order to promote their agenda. They have already forced it on the military, and have their sites set on schools, churches, and the BSA. This is about control, and power to force their way into places they're not welcome. They intend to dilute every last bastion of morality. Gays will be demanding the right to join the BSA, especially in churches that are opposed to homosexuals. If refused, discrimination lawsuits could be filed.

#3144368 - 01/29/13 06:25 PM Re: Boy Scouts discussing end to ban on gay members [Re: dr]
BMan
16 Point

Loc: Middle TN

The regime, and liberal followers are promoting homosexuality as acceptable, and normal in order to promote their agenda. They have already forced it on the military, and have their sites set on schools, churches, and the BSA. This is about control, and power to force their way into places they're not welcome. They intend to dilute every last bastion of morality. Gays will be demanding the right to join the BSA, especially in churches that are opposed to homosexuals. If refused, discrimination lawsuits could be filed.

Well said.

#3144374 - 01/29/13 06:31 PM Re: Boy Scouts discussing end to ban on gay members [Re: dr]
Pic IN the Casa
14 Point

Loc: TN

WOW! Some of you are really defending gays...

Same ones that are ok with gun control.

Page 10 of 12 « First<89101112>

Moderator:  RUGER, Unicam, gtk, Tennessee Todd, Lakeland Charlie, Cuttin Caller, CBU93, stretch, TurkeyBurd, MAN, Bobby G, Kimber45, Crappie Luck 
Hop to:
Top Posters
RUGER
Deer Assassin
BSK
Crappie Luck
spitndrum
Newest Members
Mik475, AaronB, Bad Wolf, jw3783, Jesse91
13279 Registered Users
Who's Online
115 registered (Snake, jard, Buzzard Breath, ruger7mag, GoldenEagle09, 280longshot, 17 invisible) and 157 anonymous users online.
Forum Stats
13279 Members
42 Forums
93189 Topics
1089320 Posts

Max Online: 788 @ 11/11/13 08:06 PM
Moon Phase
CURRENT MOON
September
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Forum Donations
The TnDeer.Com Deer Talk Forum is for Tennessee Deer Hunters by Tennessee Deer Hunters. If you enjoy using our Talk Forum and would like to contribute to help in it's up-keep. Just submit your contribution by clicking on the DONATE button below and paying with PayPal or a major credit card. Any amount is much appreciated. Thanks for your support!

TN Burn Safe

Generated in 0.111 seconds in which 0.002 seconds were spent on a total of 14 queries. Zlib compression enabled.