Tndeer Logo

Page all of 12 12345>Last »
Topic Options
#3142822 - 01/28/13 05:42 PM Boy Scouts discussing end to ban on gay members
Dodge Man
12 Point

Loc: Dyersburg, TN

Boy Scouts of America says discussing end to ban on gay members

Boy Scouts of America is discussing ending a longstanding ban on gay members and allowing local organizations to decide their own policy, a spokesman said on Monday.

Lifting the ban would mark a dramatic reversal for the 103-year-old organization, which only last summer reaffirmed its policy amid heavy criticism from gay rights groups and some parents of scouts.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2013/01/28/us-usa-boyscouts-gays-idUSBRE90R0X420130128

http://www.talkinfowl.com/

#3142871 - 01/28/13 06:30 PM Re: Boy Scouts discussing end to ban on gay members [Re: Dodge Man]
infoman jr.
10 Point

Loc: Elizabethtown, KY

Not only members, but leaders as well. It's on fox right now. As an Eagle Scout, I strongly disagree.

#3142954 - 01/28/13 07:19 PM Re: Boy Scouts discussing end to ban on gay members [Re: ]
-DRM-
6 Point

Loc: Spring Hill, TN

If they do this - they are done. Flat out done.

#3143013 - 01/28/13 08:07 PM Re: Boy Scouts discussing end to ban on gay members [Re: -DRM-]
Pic IN the Casa
14 Point

Loc: TN

Then my family will be discussing end to being involved with Boy Scouts.

Unfortunately, the Girl Scouts have been very pro lib for a while. When my daughter first joined I asked the leader if she was going to push some lesbian agenda and she was very cool about it.

#3143029 - 01/28/13 08:13 PM Re: Boy Scouts discussing end to ban on gay members [Re: Pic IN the Casa]
Kirk
Cerebral Assassin
16 Point

Loc: Cleveland, TN USA

As a former Boy Scout, I know my parents would have never let me or my brothers go on any camp outs if the Scoutmaster had been gay. With churches housing about 50% of the troops I predict a huge a decline in membership if this occurs.

#3143034 - 01/28/13 08:17 PM Re: Boy Scouts discussing end to ban on gay members [Re: Kirk]
AndyW
10 Point

Loc: Allardt, TN

The straight only Boy Scouts just need to reorganize under a new name. The thought of a gay scoutmaster in the woods with a bunch of young boys sickens me to my core.

#3143044 - 01/28/13 08:22 PM Re: Boy Scouts discussing end to ban on gay members [Re: Kirk]
-DRM-
6 Point

Loc: Spring Hill, TN

I'd say churches sponsor way more than 50% these days, and if this is implemented most of them will kill off the program.

The sad thing is the libs pushing for this don't care if they kill a 100+ year old tradition that has been helping and building character and life skills.

Pathetic.

#3143051 - 01/28/13 08:26 PM Re: Boy Scouts discussing end to ban on gay members [Re: AndyW]
Kirk
Cerebral Assassin
16 Point

Loc: Cleveland, TN USA

True Story:

My nephew is an Eagle Scout. My brother was a Scoutmaster and they were about to embark on a canoe trip on the Okefenokee Swamp. In preparation for the trip the boys had been schooled in first aid and tick removal by using Vaseline to get them to release. All of this training had taken place at the troop meetings over the weeks preceding the event.

Picture this. 100 Boy Scouts are standing beside buses, tearful Moms and proud Dads are saying their final goodbyes before the trip. All the boys are lined up with the Scoutmaster's in front of them going over the final preparations and Q&A. Everyone ,including parents are listening intently.

The main Scoutmaster asks the boys "Any last questions before we board the buses?" My brother said he saw my nephews hand shoot straight up. He thought "what could he want to know?"

My nephew (about 10 at the time) in load voice, "Did you bring the Vaseline, Sir?"

My brother said he liked to fell over.

#3143061 - 01/28/13 08:31 PM Re: Boy Scouts discussing end to ban on gay members [Re: -DRM-]
W.Seay
14 Point

Loc: Collierville,TN.

Originally Posted By: -DRM-
I'd say churches sponsor way more than 50% these days, and if this is implemented most of them will kill off the program.

The sad thing is the libs pushing for this don't care if they kill a 100+ year old tradition that has been helping and building character and life skills.

Pathetic.

Yep

#3143175 - 01/28/13 09:51 PM Re: Boy Scouts discussing end to ban on gay members [Re: W.Seay]
Chapman
4 Point

Loc: South Louisiana

It will be a sad day if the Boy Scouts cave in to the pressure put on them. They are one of the few left standing for traditional values. I was an Eagle Scout in 1971.
#3143179 - 01/28/13 09:54 PM Re: Boy Scouts discussing end to ban on gay members [Re: Chapman]
Hangnail
12 Point

Loc: Murfreesboro, TN

Boy, gives a whole new meaning to butthurt.
#3143274 - 01/28/13 11:37 PM Re: Boy Scouts discussing end to ban on gay members [Re: Kirk]
TAFKAP
14 Point

Loc: Memphis

Originally Posted By: Kirk
As a former Boy Scout, I know my parents would have never let me or my brothers go on any camp outs if the Scoutmaster had been gay. With churches housing about 50% of the troops I predict a huge a decline in membership if this occurs.

Honestly, I don't. As you said, a strong majority of BSA troops are affiliated with a church of some sort. I don't see any impact, whatsoever, for 99.99% of the groups out there. Basically, they're leaving it up to the individual troops to decide.

#3143352 - 01/29/13 05:44 AM Re: Boy Scouts discussing end to ban on gay members [Re: TAFKAP]
BMan
16 Point

Loc: Middle TN

I'd hate to see the Scouts abandon their principles.

Sad.

#3143368 - 01/29/13 06:05 AM Re: Boy Scouts discussing end to ban on gay members [Re: BMan]
BlackBelt
10 Point

Loc: SouthWest TN

I know this is a serious subject, but it reminded of one of the funniest Saturday Night Live skits that had Adam Sandler as Canteen Boy and Alec Baldwin as the gay Scoutmaster.

To see it Google: Canteen Boy and Scoutmaster-hulu

#3143371 - 01/29/13 06:06 AM Re: Boy Scouts discussing end to ban on gay members [Re: Pic IN the Casa]
MUP
Non-Typical

Loc: Just North of Chatt-town

Originally Posted By: Pic IN the Casa

I would do the same if I had a boy in the scouts. I hope they cease to exist personally now, after bowing to the lesbo/gay agenda. \:\(

Amateurs: Built the Ark

Professionals: Built the Titanic

#3143375 - 01/29/13 06:10 AM Re: Boy Scouts discussing end to ban on gay members [Re: MUP]
GRAMPS
14 Point

Loc: Mount Carmel, TN

As a former Scoutmaster, this sickens me.

#3143398 - 01/29/13 06:58 AM Re: Boy Scouts discussing end to ban on gay members [Re: GRAMPS]
REM7
10 Point

Loc: GRUNDY COUNTY

Im sickened with the idea of all this, I was a scout and learned alot of things that have stuck with me over the years about moral character. And now the same organization that preached all these such morals to me has abandoned the concept all together. If the BSA approves this my son will never have affilition with being a scout.
#3143413 - 01/29/13 07:13 AM Re: Boy Scouts discussing end to ban on gay members [Re: infoman jr.]
Brisco Darlin
10 Point

Loc: East Tn.

content Online
 Originally Posted By: infoman jr.
Not only members, but leaders as well. It's on fox right now. As an Eagle Scout, I strongly disagree.
same here. i spent alot of years in scouts from cub scout up through having my own troop. i am sickened by this.

#3143414 - 01/29/13 07:14 AM Re: Boy Scouts discussing end to ban on gay members [Re: W.Seay]
Kimber45 Moderator
Peace Maker
16 Point

Loc: Close to Jackson, TN

Things are getting ridiculous!

Our nations sickness continues to grow \:\(

Edited by Kimber45 (01/29/13 07:14 AM)

#3143418 - 01/29/13 07:18 AM Re: Boy Scouts discussing end to ban on gay members [Re: W.Seay]
Hoss
TnDeer Old Timer
8 Point

Loc: Hendersonville , TN

Originally Posted By: W.Seay

Pathetic.

Yep

I don't think so. The United Methodist Church and the Catholic Church are the largest sponsors of Scouting in America. Both church corporate governments support the LBGT agenda.
Most of the Denominational churches in America are turning toward homosexuality and embracing the agenda. They do not want to be labeled as judgemental, ignorant or intolerant.

Edited by Hoss (01/29/13 07:21 AM)

A mere shadow of the man I once was... Me!

#3143423 - 01/29/13 07:25 AM Re: Boy Scouts discussing end to ban on gay members [Re: REM7]
Bottom Hunter
16 Point

Loc: Hatchie Bottoms

I'm curious about something....

How would the scouts know if someone was gay unless they asked them? Are they against gay children/teens(scouts) and/or scout masters?

I'm really curious about this because if they are actually asking people if they are gay , is that a violation of their rights to privacy?

And what are the scouts afraid of? Are they afraid that if gay kids join the scouts or if a scout master is gay then it will TURN their child gay? Are they afraid that a scout master will try to sexually assault one of their kids? Does GAY automatically mean PEDOPHILE??? Seriously, are people afraid that some gay might rub off on their kids?

I think I need to investigate these claims abit further because I don't know what being gay has to do with scouting...maybe the scouts could really use a good decorator to throw abit of splash in those drab green uniforms...

I think the video game generation has done more damage to the scouts than anything else....many kids just aren't outdoorsy anymore.

And yes, I was a cub scout, weebelo (sp) and Boy scout. And we had a guy that devoted his life to the scouts and most everyone knew that he was abit light in the loafers...

I'll get back to you on this one...thanks.

Walk away; the battle they are fighting is not with you, but with themselves.

#3143428 - 01/29/13 07:28 AM Re: Boy Scouts discussing end to ban on gay members [Re: Bottom Hunter]
Brisco Darlin
10 Point

content Online
One part of the scout oath is to be morally straight.

#3143523 - 01/29/13 08:44 AM Re: Boy Scouts discussing end to ban on gay members [Re: W.Seay]
Pic IN the Casa
14 Point

Originally Posted By: W.Seay

Pathetic.

Yep

That's OK. When church sponsorship and individual participation plummets the gubment will subsidize them like they do abortion clinics.

#3143530 - 01/29/13 08:48 AM Re: Boy Scouts discussing end to ban on gay members [Re: Pic IN the Casa]
MUP
Non-Typical

Ain't that the sad truth. \:\(

#3143538 - 01/29/13 08:55 AM Re: Boy Scouts discussing end to ban on gay members [Re: MUP]
Pic IN the Casa
14 Point

Imagine the new badges they can offer with homo's running the show.

#3143592 - 01/29/13 09:37 AM Re: Boy Scouts discussing end to ban on gay members [Re: Pic IN the Casa]
Hardwoodmaterials
6 Point

Loc: Hohenwald,Tn

How do you guys link being gay with being a pedophile? I don't care if they let gays in or not. I know some gay folks and none of them seem like pedophiles to me.
#3143599 - 01/29/13 09:46 AM Re: Boy Scouts discussing end to ban on gay members [Re: Pic IN the Casa]
MUP
Non-Typical

Imagine the new badges they can offer with homo's running the show.

The only badge I can think of is the badge of dis-honor. \:\(

#3143628 - 01/29/13 10:16 AM Re: Boy Scouts discussing end to ban on gay members [Re: MUP]
TRIGGER
Michael Waddell stunt double
10 Point

Loc: Cunningham TN

Look people are going to be gay. Period. If they keep it to them selves and don't tell me or walk around flaming all limp wrist and all I don't care. If Boy Scouts allow these types of people that are open and proud and sissified in especially as leaders there is no doubt that kids will look up to them and think its ok. It's NOT ok I don't care how strongly fags feel about it. It's just sick to me.
#3143632 - 01/29/13 10:18 AM Re: Boy Scouts discussing end to ban on gay members [Re: TRIGGER]
Pic IN the Casa
14 Point

BINGO- it's all about recruiting new meat into their lifestyle.

In order to keep their numbers up, and since they refuse to reproduce, they have to commandier new blood into their way of life. This is why they launched campaigns into schools.
This also has a lot to do with winning battles for them. Libs are excellent at incrementalism.

#3143661 - 01/29/13 10:34 AM Re: Boy Scouts discussing end to ban on gay members [Re: MUP]
Crappie Luck Moderator
Non-Typical

Loc: Smith Co.

Originally Posted By: MUP

I would do the same if I had a boy in the scouts. I hope they cease to exist personally now, after bowing to the lesbo/gay agenda. \:\(

I'm a scout leader and I'm considering leaving. But my son LOVES scouts and I don't want for him to lose something he enjoys this much over politics.

I'm certain there are no gay leaders in our small group. But I'm sure this will effect recruiting new scouts. It's been hard enough to overcome the sex abuse story.

To follow that up with THIS move, it seems the the scouting org and counsel can't get enough bad press these days.
What are they thinking?

#3143669 - 01/29/13 10:36 AM Re: Boy Scouts discussing end to ban on gay members [Re: Crappie Luck]
MUP
Non-Typical

I'm sure you have a good grasp of what your troop is doing Roger, but it's the ones that don't, and may not be able to see beforehand that may do some damage imo. All in the name of being open minded and accepting. \:\(

#3143687 - 01/29/13 10:49 AM Re: Boy Scouts discussing end to ban on gay members [Re: Dodge Man]
MUP
Non-Typical

Call the Boy Scout national council office at 972-580-2000 and urge them to stand firm on the current policy.

#3143736 - 01/29/13 11:20 AM Re: Boy Scouts discussing end to ban on gay members [Re: Crappie Luck]
TAFKAP
14 Point

Originally Posted By: Crappie Luck

What are they thinking?

Perhaps this:

The Scouts exist to benefit all boys. They may realize that there are gay kids out there that need the same direction and opportunity as straight kids. Perhaps they're opening their availability to all kids, to extend the same privelages to develop a new generation of folks that appreciate the outdoors and will produce a sense of responsibility, community involvement, and general guidance many kids these days do not have.

Despite your personal objections to their personal lifestyle, gayness is not going away. These kids will grow up to be peers, bosses, employees, neighbors, customers, and bosses of our kids. Shunning the person and sheltering kids from others doesn't offer any long-term rewards and benefits. In reality, it's helping foster the antagonistic mentality that we are constantly and growingly bombarded by. So would you rather create an adversary, or help develop an impressionable kid into the responsible citizen you want your own child to become?

I don't condone the lifestyle by any stretch of the imagination, and I certainly sympathize and agree with the concern that someone will become a militant pusher of the gay agenda. But at the same time, gay Scout leaders are parents of straight kids, as are straight leaders parents of gay kids. They're just as likely to molest your kids as you would be to molest your daughter's friends.

#3143740 - 01/29/13 11:23 AM Re: Boy Scouts discussing end to ban on gay members [Re: MUP]
TAFKAP
14 Point

Besides....the point is that BSA is not forcing anyone to open up to gay members. But in the case of a gay kid that seeks the opportunities Scouting offers, they're allowing indiivdual Troops to decide if it works for them. So when you see a kid swishing down the trails at Philmont, stinky and tired like you, you can cross paths completely assured that your own Troop is just as straight as you are.

#3143799 - 01/29/13 12:07 PM Re: Boy Scouts discussing end to ban on gay members [Re: TAFKAP]
Crappie Luck Moderator
Non-Typical

The BSA is also a Private, Christian organization that is responsible for the safety of it's members.

The whole Catholic church problem of pedophile, homosexuals molesting young boys went on for decades. It wasn't a Old man - girl problem. It was an old man - BOY problem.

BSA says "Where can I get me some of THAT?"

How is this different than now allowing straight, adolescent boys go camping with girl scouts?

#3143825 - 01/29/13 12:22 PM Re: Boy Scouts discussing end to ban on gay members [Re: Crappie Luck]
89cherokeelimited
6 Point

Loc: TN, Sumner, Hendersonville

When I was in Boy Scouts we never had to worry about a gay leader or anything.

I would be worried putting a son into a troop and leave them alone with the kids if they had a gay leader.
I have a gay step uncle. I wouldn't leave him in a room with my son for 1 min by themselves.
It would just be uneasy for me to leave young boys with a gay person.
Just my opinion.

#3143836 - 01/29/13 12:29 PM Re: Boy Scouts discussing end to ban on gay members [Re: Crappie Luck]
TAFKAP
14 Point

In the sense that liberals are turning "crime" problems into "gun problems", you are unfairly associating sexual abuse and pedophillia with homosexuality. Banning gays in the church, BSA, or any other organization has not curbed the cases of abuse.

Again, I'm not condoning the lifestyle by any means. But I'm willing to accept that they live among us, so learning how to live side-by-side is a more pragmatic approach in my eyes than pretending that prohibiting their proximity will do anything.

#3143837 - 01/29/13 12:30 PM Re: Boy Scouts discussing end to ban on gay members [Re: TAFKAP]
TAFKAP
14 Point

Pedophiles are also straight, and thtey molest kids anywhere they feel it's necessary.

#3143855 - 01/29/13 12:44 PM Re: Boy Scouts discussing end to ban on gay members [Re: TAFKAP]
89cherokeelimited
6 Point

They are straight as well but atleast if they announce they are gay I have a heads up to keep my kids away from them.

They live among us but if I ever find out they are gay or pedophile my kids will stay far away from them.

#3143859 - 01/29/13 12:50 PM Re: Boy Scouts discussing end to ban on gay members [Re: TAFKAP]
Dbllunger
10 Point

Loc: Middle Tennessee

How do so many people make the incredibly large leap from Homosexuality to Pedophiles. This boggles my mind.

ig·no·rant
/ˈignərənt/Adjective
1.Lacking knowledge or awareness in general; uneducated or unsophisticated.
2.Lacking knowledge, information, or awareness about something in particular:

By definition, this is ignorant thinking. That is like saying all heterosexual males want to molest young girls. Simply not true.

The boy scouts need to worry more about identifying pedophiles in its organization and getting rid of those people than worrying about people that want to positively affect young lives and just happen to be gay.

And also, I am a devout practicing heterosexual. I don't support a gay lifestyle but am aware enough to realize that sexual orientation doesn't make you a good or bad person.

#3143864 - 01/29/13 12:56 PM Re: Boy Scouts discussing end to ban on gay members [Re: TAFKAP]
MUP
Non-Typical

Murderers also live among us, and even tho a murder hasn't murdered any children yet, doesn't mean I'm willing to learn to live among them, or worse yet, let my children be anywhere near them. Now this is just my opinion of course, narrow as it may be. And ignorant I imagine to some.

Edited by MUP (01/29/13 12:56 PM)
Edit Reason: added from last post

#3143873 - 01/29/13 01:03 PM Re: Boy Scouts discussing end to ban on gay members [Re: Crappie Luck]
pass-thru
10 Point

Loc: va beach

The BSA is also a Private, Christian organization that is responsible for the safety of it's members.

I'm an Eagle sount, earned it 20 years ago. That time, sex abuse of scouts by leaders was still RAMPANT. I know this because there was 2 big scandals in my town. One, a freaky old man previously convicted of raping boys in another state. The other, former town mayor and upstanding citizen. Married with 4 kids of his own. He was never outed until years after he left scouting, having molested dozens of boys over many years. When several of the men he had abused when they were boys reported it, local law enforcement turned them away. They had to go to the state police.

Out of the closet gays are not the threat. The threat to kids is from perverted individuals who appear normal. Scouting new about problems for decades and covered it up. Hopefully the new policies of recent years will prevent that kind of stuff happening again.

#3143875 - 01/29/13 01:05 PM Re: Boy Scouts discussing end to ban on gay members [Re: MUP]
Jer
8 Point

Loc: Old Hickory, TN

I am surprised this point hasn't been brought up. This issue is more about attaction then anything else. We do not allow male BSA leaders to sleep in the same tents with girls do we? Then why would allow a lesbian to sleep in the same tent with girls or be alone with girls when they are attracted to girls. It is about the temptation and never under any circumstance should we put kids in that situation.

#3143887 - 01/29/13 01:13 PM Re: Boy Scouts discussing end to ban on gay members [Re: MUP]
Dbllunger
10 Point

Murderers also live among us, and even tho a murder hasn't murdered any children yet, doesn't mean I'm willing to learn to live among them, or worse yet, let my children be anywhere near them. Now this is just my opinion of course, narrow as it may be. And ignorant I imagine to some.

Murder is a crime....being gay is not I'm pretty sure.

If I had to pick between the two, I would rather have lunch with Liberace than Ted Bundy (heterosexual)

#3143892 - 01/29/13 01:17 PM Re: Boy Scouts discussing end to ban on gay members [Re: Dbllunger]
Crappie Luck Moderator
Non-Typical

Originally Posted By: Dbllunger
How do so many people make the incredibly large leap from Homosexuality to Pedophiles. This boggles my mind.

ig·no·rant
/ˈignərənt/Adjective

By definition, this is ignorant thinking. That is like saying all heterosexual males want to molest young girls. Simply not true.

The boy scouts need to worry more about identifying pedophiles in its organization and getting rid of those people than worrying about people that want to positively affect young lives and just happen to be gay.

And also, I am a devout practicing heterosexual. I don't support a gay lifestyle but am aware enough to realize that sexual orientation doesn't make you a good or bad person.

Ignorant? Your case that pedophile and homosexuality are mutually exclusive is so lacking in substance that you have to come out with name calling to defile me rather than prove your point?

I know, It's all those documented cases of young boys being molested by heterosexuals. In fact, homosexuals in the BSA is a non issue because they are not interested in them boys.

Here's some ignorance for you

http://www.frc.org/get.cfm?i=IS02E3

http://www.wnd.com/2002/04/13722/

#3143897 - 01/29/13 01:19 PM Re: Boy Scouts discussing end to ban on gay members [Re: Dbllunger]
MUP
Non-Typical

If I had to pick between the two, I would rather have lunch with Liberace than Ted Bundy (heterosexual)

Yea, but would you make that discernment with your children? I certainly would not. ;\) Illegal, or just plain wrong, still not gonna be around my kids.

#3143908 - 01/29/13 01:26 PM Re: Boy Scouts discussing end to ban on gay members [Re: Jer]
pass-thru
10 Point

Loc: va beach

Originally Posted By: Jer
I am surprised this point hasn't been brought up. This issue is more about attaction then anything else. We do not allow male BSA leaders to sleep in the same tents with girls do we? Then why would allow a lesbian to sleep in the same tent with girls or be alone with girls when they are attracted to girls. It is about the temptation and never under any circumstance should we put kids in that situation.

No leader is allowed to sleep in a tent with any kid they're not the parent of.

#3143910 - 01/29/13 01:27 PM Re: Boy Scouts discussing end to ban on gay members [Re: Crappie Luck]
Jer
8 Point

Loc: Old Hickory, TN

ig·no·rant
/ˈignərənt/Adjective

Ignorant? Your case that pedophile and homosexuality are mutually exclusive is so lacking in substance that you have to come out with name calling to defile me rather than prove your point?

I know, It's all those documented cases of young boys being molested by heterosexuals. In fact, homosexuals in the BSA is a non issue because they are not interested in them boys.

I think if you are molesting kids you lose your heterosexual card and you have been falsely claiming to be heterosexual.

#3143911 - 01/29/13 01:28 PM Re: Boy Scouts discussing end to ban on gay members [Re: pass-thru]
Crappie Luck Moderator
Non-Typical

I'm not saying 100% of homosexuals are pedophiles.

But I AM saying that 100% of the men who molest young boys are homosexuals.

THAT is the point of keeping them out of the BSA.

#3143927 - 01/29/13 01:32 PM Re: Boy Scouts discussing end to ban on gay members [Re: Crappie Luck]
Crappie Luck Moderator
Non-Typical

more ignorance

http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2012/12/...in-midwest?lite

#3143932 - 01/29/13 01:34 PM Re: Boy Scouts discussing end to ban on gay members [Re: Crappie Luck]
Crappie Luck Moderator
Non-Typical

1900 non-pedophile homosexuals who molested children

"A Seattle attorney who released the names of nearly 1,900 men who were expelled from the Boy Scouts of America after complaints of child sex abuse says he did so in the interest of public safety and education."

Nope, no correlation here, move along...

http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2012/10/...lic-safety?lite

#3143936 - 01/29/13 01:36 PM Re: Boy Scouts discussing end to ban on gay members [Re: Dbllunger]
Kimber45 Moderator
Peace Maker
16 Point

Loc: Close to Jackson, TN

I would choose neither...

Homosexuality is a sickness. WHO would willfully send their children (young people who are very impressionable) out on endeavors with such a sickness and have a good feeling about it? Really, who?

SO you guys are fine with the scoutmaster and his BF lip-locking on their meet/greet at McDonalds while the scouts are present?

Nope, its a sin, its a sickness and it's one no child deserves to be put in the path of, IMO

#3143967 - 01/29/13 01:56 PM Re: Boy Scouts discussing end to ban on gay members [Re: Kimber45]
Crappie Luck Moderator
Non-Typical

Maybe lunch with Jeffery Dahmer (Homosexual).

What are you proving by choosing a famous musician who is gay and a mass murderer who is not?

One plays the piano, the other prefers going "Clubbing" with college girls.

What's the point?

#3143984 - 01/29/13 02:07 PM Re: Boy Scouts discussing end to ban on gay members [Re: Crappie Luck]
Dbllunger
10 Point

ig·no·rant
/ˈignərənt/Adjective

I was not saying that homosexuality and pedophilia are mutually exclusive. I was just pointing out that one does not always go with the other like so many on here seem to assume.

Being called a jerk or some other similar name is name calling. Being ignorant is not. It is simply a term to describe someone that is not informed on a particular subject.

I am not advocating what the Boy Scouts do or not do. I have no dog in the fight with that. I just think it strange that so many people equate gay and child molester.

#3143991 - 01/29/13 02:10 PM Re: Boy Scouts discussing end to ban on gay members [Re: Crappie Luck]
Dbllunger
10 Point

What are you proving by choosing a famous musician who is gay and a mass murderer who is not?

What's the point?

The point was simple, murder is a crime and being gay isn't. MUP was treating them as the same.

#3143999 - 01/29/13 02:16 PM Re: Boy Scouts discussing end to ban on gay members [Re: Dbllunger]
Crappie Luck Moderator
Non-Typical

As I pointed out in another post.

100% of the men who molest boys are homosexual. I'm ignorant as to how that connection cannot be recognized.

People are gay for different reasons.
Some just simply like people of the same sex. Some are "into it" for the attention and cultural celebration.

Some are sexual addicts, bath house, anonymous sex and have severe mental defects.

If we are going to HONESTLY consider allowing homosexuals in the BSA we cannot tolerate stereotypes. Not the negative kind that paints them all as pedophiles or high heal wearing prisses.

And certainly not the Positive stereotype that we are indoctrinated with that they are all just everyday folks who happen to be attracted to adult men.

The reality is a large % of them have serious mental issues and an extremely high rate of medication, depression and suicide.

Can you at least entertain the possibility that allowing them access to our children might pose some problems?

#3144006 - 01/29/13 02:21 PM Re: Boy Scouts discussing end to ban on gay members [Re: Dbllunger]
89cherokeelimited
6 Point

ig·no·rant
/ˈignərənt/Adjective

It's not being ignorant it's being I know my (uncle who is gay) and I don't want my kids around that influence. I never said that every gay guy would assault a young boy but I don't want that influence around my kids.
I don't agree with the lifestyle and don't want any communication with that nor my kids being around it at all.
I do agree check for Pedophiles but keep gays out of the Boy Scouts as well.

#3144012 - 01/29/13 02:26 PM Re: Boy Scouts discussing end to ban on gay members [Re: Crappie Luck]
JThuntsalot
Good ol' Boys
10 Point

Loc: Mckenzie, Carroll County, TN

On my honor, I will do my best, to do my duty to God and my Country. To obey the Scout law, To help other people at all times. To keep myself physical strong, Mentally awake, and morally straight.

How can a gay person take that oath, knowing that they are going against God. The Boy Scouts have an oath and when you are gay you cannot live by that oath. Simple as that.

I love to kill big bucks and a ton of ducks with a monster Thunder Chicken in the spring

#3144013 - 01/29/13 02:26 PM Re: Boy Scouts discussing end to ban on gay members [Re: Dbllunger]
MUP
Non-Typical

What's the point?

The point was simple, murder is a crime and being gay isn't. MUP was treating them as the same.

Even if they weren't the same, I don't care, I will not let that evil influence around my children, either one, whether illegal, wrong or whatever. And yes, evil/wrong is the same in my eyes when it comes to the safety and well-being of my kids.

#3144016 - 01/29/13 02:28 PM Re: Boy Scouts discussing end to ban on gay members [Re: Kimber45]
JeepKuntry
16 Point

Loc: Clinton, TN

I would not trust my child to go on overnight stays with somebody that is gay. For those that might argue, notice I said child, either sex wouldn't matter. But I'm not trusting of many people today.

#3144024 - 01/29/13 02:33 PM Re: Boy Scouts discussing end to ban on gay members [Re: JThuntsalot]
JThuntsalot
Good ol' Boys
10 Point

A Boy Scout is
Trustworthy
Loyal
Helpful
Friendly
Courteous
Kind
Obedient
Cheerful
Thrifty
Brave
Clean
Reverent

How can a gay person be trustworthy if they are going to lie about the sexual orientation to be in the Boy Scouts

A gay person is not Reverent towards God. They are not Faithful in their Religous Duties,

I love to kill big bucks and a ton of ducks with a monster Thunder Chicken in the spring

#3144027 - 01/29/13 02:35 PM Re: Boy Scouts discussing end to ban on gay members [Re: JThuntsalot]
Brisco Darlin
10 Point

content Online
 Originally Posted By: JThuntsalot
On my honor, I will do my best, to do my duty to God and my Country. To obey the Scout law, To help other people at all times. To keep myself physical strong, Mentally awake, and morally straight.

How can a gay person take that oath, knowing that they are going against God. The Boy Scouts have an oath and when you are gay you cannot live by that oath. Simple as that.
absolutely right.

#3144028 - 01/29/13 02:36 PM Re: Boy Scouts discussing end to ban on gay members [Re: MUP]
Brisco Darlin
10 Point

content Online

What's the point?

Even if they weren't the same, I don't care, I will not let that evil influence around my children, either one, whether illegal, wrong or whatever. And yes, evil/wrong is the same in my eyes when it comes to the safety and well-being of my kids.
amen . come out from among them and be ye seperate.

#3144042 - 01/29/13 02:45 PM Re: Boy Scouts discussing end to ban on gay members [Re: Dbllunger]
TAFKAP
14 Point

^This^

#3144043 - 01/29/13 02:45 PM Re: Boy Scouts discussing end to ban on gay members [Re: JThuntsalot]
Pic IN the Casa
14 Point

Oh don't worry, that GOD thing will be removed when the sodomites take over the BSA.

#3144045 - 01/29/13 02:48 PM Re: Boy Scouts discussing end to ban on gay members [Re: Crappie Luck]
TAFKAP
14 Point

100% of the men who molest boys are homosexual. I'm ignorant as to how that connection cannot be recognized.

Some just simply like people of the same sex. Some are "into it" for the attention and cultural celebration.

Some are sexual addicts, bath house, anonymous sex and have severe mental defects.

If we are going to HONESTLY consider allowing homosexuals in the BSA we cannot tolerate stereotypes. Not the negative kind that paints them all as pedophiles or high heal wearing prisses.

And certainly not the Positive stereotype that we are indoctrinated with that they are all just everyday folks who happen to be attracted to adult men.

The reality is a large % of them have serious mental issues and an extremely high rate of medication, depression and suicide.

Can you at least entertain the possibility that allowing them access to our children might pose some problems?

Do you take issue with straight women that involve themselves with Scout troops, often donning the uniform and accompanying the kids on camping trips? As I recall, there are also female pedophiles out there, but everyone likes to high-five the kids they molest.

#3144048 - 01/29/13 02:50 PM Re: Boy Scouts discussing end to ban on gay members [Re: JThuntsalot]
TAFKAP
14 Point

A Boy Scout is
Trustworthy
Loyal
Helpful
Friendly
Courteous
Kind
Obedient
Cheerful
Thrifty
Brave
Clean
Reverent

How can a gay person be trustworthy if they are going to lie about the sexual orientation to be in the Boy Scouts

A gay person is not Reverent towards God. They are not Faithful in their Religous Duties,

Helpful, Friendly, Courteous, Kind, Cheerful, and Brave are also listed, so why must we exclude those as well?

Pi$$ on those qwars...I'm being REVERENT when I tell dem bastards dey goin to hell!

#3144049 - 01/29/13 02:51 PM Re: Boy Scouts discussing end to ban on gay members [Re: Dbllunger]
Pic IN the Casa
14 Point

ig·no·rant
/ˈignərənt/Adjective

I was not saying that homosexuality and pedophilia are mutually exclusive. I was just pointing out that one does not always go with the other like so many on here seem to assume.

Being called a jerk or some other similar name is name calling. Being ignorant is not. It is simply a term to describe someone that is not informed on a particular subject.

I am not advocating what the Boy Scouts do or not do. I have no dog in the fight with that. I just think it strange that so many people equate gay and child molester.

You're defending homosexuality by using what would be the absolute worst thing that could happen to my son.

A boy, being raped by a pedophile is an instantaneous ruining of his life.

A gay scoutmaster telling that same boy that a man putting his penis into another mans anus is okay is just a slower process of ruining that kids life.

It's the equivilent of telling a toaster (heterosexual boy) that it's now a television (queer).

If you want your kids to hang out with sodomites go for it.

#3144055 - 01/29/13 02:55 PM Re: Boy Scouts discussing end to ban on gay members [Re: TAFKAP]
JThuntsalot
Good ol' Boys
10 Point

Originally Posted By: TAFKAP
A Boy Scout is
Trustworthy
Loyal
Helpful
Friendly
Courteous
Kind
Obedient
Cheerful
Thrifty
Brave
Clean
Reverent

Helpful, Friendly, Courteous, Kind, Cheerful, and Brave are also listed, so why must we exclude those as well?

Pi$$ on those qwars...I'm being REVERENT when I tell dem bastards dey goin to hell!

I did not exclude the others. I just posted the ones a gay person could not follow of the Boy Scout Laws.

#3144057 - 01/29/13 02:55 PM Re: Boy Scouts discussing end to ban on gay members [Re: TAFKAP]
Crappie Luck Moderator
Non-Typical

Do you take issue with straight women that involve themselves with Scout troops, often donning the uniform and accompanying the kids on camping trips? As I recall, there are also female pedophiles out there, but everyone likes to high-five the kids they molest.

There may be a case of this happening in a troop, but I have not heard of it. But, on the other hand, I have a list of 1900 gay men (posted above) who HAVE caused problems.

Are we disregarding 1900 REAL cases with one hypothetical one?

#3144060 - 01/29/13 02:57 PM Re: Boy Scouts discussing end to ban on gay members [Re: Pic IN the Casa]
89cherokeelimited
6 Point

ig·no·rant
/ˈignərənt/Adjective

You're defending homosexuality by using what would be the absolute worst thing that could happen to my son.

A boy, being raped by a pedophile is an instantaneous ruining of his life.

A gay scoutmaster telling that same boy that a man putting his penis into another mans anus is okay is just a slower process of ruining that kids life.

It's the equivilent of telling a toaster (heterosexual boy) that it's now a television (queer).

If you want your kids to hang out with sodomites go for it.

That was my point when he posted below my post with the definition of "Ignorant"
Well said Pic IN the Casa

#3144061 - 01/29/13 02:59 PM Re: Boy Scouts discussing end to ban on gay members [Re: JThuntsalot]
in the dog house!
14 Point

Loc: west tn

content Online

Obuhmmer took the oath to uphold the Constitution ................... Not trying to hyjack but if he can take that oath then these people will have no problem taking the boy scout oath. What a great example or president is setting for the youth of America.

Μολων λαβε

#3144065 - 01/29/13 03:00 PM Re: Boy Scouts discussing end to ban on gay members [Re: Crappie Luck]
Dbllunger
10 Point

Absolutely. I am not advocating one way or the other. My two sons and wife are the most precious things I have in this world and I would not consider doing anything that may bring them harm.

Growing up, I had an uncle that was/is gay. He never treated me any different than my non gay uncles. He is still to this day a kind and good man. On the other hand, I have a cousin that is happily married with children and grandchildren. He is a pedophile. May he rot in hell.

#3144069 - 01/29/13 03:03 PM Re: Boy Scouts discussing end to ban on gay members [Re: Crappie Luck]
TennesseeRains
TnDeer Old Timer
16 Point

Loc: Hixson,TN

Oh, I don't know...placing young impressionable boys who may be at various stages of undress at times; away from their parents; in out of the way places; and with no witnesses among homosexual grown men seems OK.

In fact, the probable result kind of reminds me of a similar situation that came to light recently regarding the Catholic church. That worked out just great! Now, the priests weren't known to be gay - or pedafiles - but the result was the same.

Why take the chance? Why put a ribeye in front of a lion?
I don't always eat meat but when I do I prefer deer. Stay hungry my friends-nbforrest#3

To be fair, we can now blame everything on everything else-Wildcat

A nation of sheep breeds a gov't of wolves

#3144074 - 01/29/13 03:07 PM Re: Boy Scouts discussing end to ban on gay members [Re: JThuntsalot]
TAFKAP
14 Point

I did not exclude the others. I just posted the ones a gay person could not follow of the Boy Scout Laws.

Yes, you pick one to apply to gays....however, adopting the same attitudes shown here would ignore a significantly larger aspect of the same Scout Law you quote.

Certainly not the embodiment of "helping other people at all times".

People would be willing to jump all over the opportunity to mentor a troubled kid with a drug addiction or history of crime. I would expect a stronger influence on my kids from a dude trying to steal stuff or smoke dope on a camping trip than to worry about whether a gay is trying to molest someone. Why should a kid be shunned because you don't like his sexual preference?

#3144078 - 01/29/13 03:08 PM Re: Boy Scouts discussing end to ban on gay members [Re: Crappie Luck]
TAFKAP
14 Point

There may be a case of this happening in a troop, but I have not heard of it. But, on the other hand, I have a list of 1900 gay men (posted above) who HAVE caused problems.

Not at all, but I wonder if you applied the same resources to finding female relations amongst Scouts, you'll probably find some justification to classify it as more than hypothetical.

Then again, my recollection is that most of those women in Scout uniforms probably play for the same team as the boys ;\)

#3144079 - 01/29/13 03:08 PM Re: Boy Scouts discussing end to ban on gay members [Re: ]
Brisco Darlin
10 Point

content Online
Don't think anyone has asked this but here goes. Why is the norm now that someone wants to become part of a group , any group, but they expect the group to conform to suit them. If you want to be part of a group, why not become what that group stands for.
This in no way is about making it equal for all boys. It's so the gays can get the TV time to push their agenda on everyone.
Recently on the news two gays were making a spectacle of going from courthouse to courthouse to apply for a marriage license.

#3144091 - 01/29/13 03:19 PM Re: Boy Scouts discussing end to ban on gay members [Re: Brisco Darlin]
TAFKAP
14 Point

Or, a 14 year old kid can run around with his friends at school, but cannot go camping, learn skills, gain leadership experience, or place "Eagle Scout" on his resumee because he's not sure if girls are really where it's at.

I'm a little questionable about gay adult leaders (not as much if their kid is also active in the troop), but I just don't see how it benefits anyone from denying membership to a gay kid.

#3144104 - 01/29/13 03:31 PM Re: Boy Scouts discussing end to ban on gay members [Re: TAFKAP]
Brisco Darlin
10 Point

content Online
don't want to hijack so i deleted it.

Edited by Brisco Darlin (01/29/13 03:33 PM)

#3144109 - 01/29/13 03:33 PM Re: Boy Scouts discussing end to ban on gay members [Re: TAFKAP]
Crappie Luck Moderator
Non-Typical

Not at all, but I wonder if you applied the same resources to finding female relations amongst Scouts, you'll probably find some justification to classify it as more than hypothetical.

Then again, my recollection is that most of those women in Scout uniforms probably play for the same team as the boys ;\)

ALL of the females involved in our pack are mothers of children in the scouts.
There's a lot of single moms out there and I just don't see any threat of molestation coming from that demographic.

#3144112 - 01/29/13 03:34 PM Re: Boy Scouts discussing end to ban on gay members [Re: Brisco Darlin]
TAFKAP
14 Point

Originally Posted By: Brisco Darlin
another what if question: Can the omega psi phi fraternity keep me out of their group because i'm white?

No, historically black fraternities openly admit non-black members on a regular basis.

#3144113 - 01/29/13 03:35 PM Re: Boy Scouts discussing end to ban on gay members [Re: Crappie Luck]
TAFKAP
14 Point

There's a lot of single moms out there and I just don't see any threat of molestation coming from that demographic.

By what logic do you exclude single mothers from the pool of possible sexual predators? What about the openly gay parent of a kid active in the troop? How would he be more likely to molest a kid than the single mother?

#3144140 - 01/29/13 03:52 PM Re: Boy Scouts discussing end to ban on gay members [Re: TAFKAP]
Hangnail
12 Point

Crappie, do any of those single moms need a camping partner? I can be ready to be molested by a single mom rather quickly. Take the heat off the kids, ya know...
#3144142 - 01/29/13 03:53 PM Re: Boy Scouts discussing end to ban on gay members [Re: TAFKAP]
Encore Eye Candy
10 Point

Loc: 2 Chron. 7:14: Refs signature

I had a friend call me to day to stop him from calling the head of the Boy Scouts. After talking to him he said that he had been trying to call all day but the phone is busy. I guess they took it off the hook

#3144149 - 01/29/13 03:58 PM Re: Boy Scouts discussing end to ban on gay members [Re: Hangnail]
TAFKAP
14 Point

Originally Posted By: Hangnail
Crappie, do any of those single moms need a camping partner? I can be ready to be molested by a single mom rather quickly. Take the heat off the kids, ya know...

\:D

#3144156 - 01/29/13 04:01 PM Re: Boy Scouts discussing end to ban on gay members [Re: Hangnail]
Poser
Mud Dauber
16 Point

Loc: Tennessee

Originally Posted By: Hangnail

\:D

Way to step up to the plate.

Wild & crazy, can't be stopped. Only the strong will survive.

Keep your knife sharp and your skillet greasy.

http://www.GoCarnivore.com

#3144162 - 01/29/13 04:03 PM Re: Boy Scouts discussing end to ban on gay members [Re: TAFKAP]
Pic IN the Casa
14 Point

What about the openly gay parent of a kid active in the troop?

There's a LOT wrong with that too!!!!

#3144164 - 01/29/13 04:04 PM Re: Boy Scouts discussing end to ban on gay members [Re: Poser]
Poser
Mud Dauber
16 Point

Loc: Tennessee

I think you could go to Reno and open a brothel where men would pay good money to dress up in a BSA uniform and spend the night in a tent with a "single mom".

Any angel investors out there?

Wild & crazy, can't be stopped. Only the strong will survive.

Keep your knife sharp and your skillet greasy.

http://www.GoCarnivore.com

#3144174 - 01/29/13 04:09 PM Re: Boy Scouts discussing end to ban on gay members [Re: TAFKAP]
Crappie Luck Moderator
Non-Typical

By what logic do you exclude single mothers from the pool of possible sexual predators? What about the openly gay parent of a kid active in the troop? How would he be more likely to molest a kid than the single mother?

By the simple, and inconvenient fact that there is NOT a list of 1900 rouge, single mothers he!! bent of molesting cub scouts.

It's easy to make red herring arguments if you are willing to completely disregard the facts presented and present fantasy arguments about "What if".

Show me evidence a rash of single moms molesting children and I'll present onto the evidence of 30 years of Catholic church, gay clergy scandals as simple "coincidence"

#3144209 - 01/29/13 04:30 PM Re: Boy Scouts discussing end to ban on gay members [Re: Crappie Luck]
TAFKAP
14 Point

http://crime.about.com/od/sex/ig/female_pedophiles/

http://www.child-safety-for-parents.com/female-pedophile.html

http://female-offenders.com/Safehouse/2009/07/female-pedophiles.html

http://standyourground.com/forums/index.php?topic=9731.0;wap2

#3144220 - 01/29/13 04:38 PM Re: Boy Scouts discussing end to ban on gay members [Re: Crappie Luck]
dr
10 Point

Loc: USA

WOW! Some of you are really defending gays... Maybe the BSA will be getting some new members. I thought it was mostly a liberal thing.

#3144227 - 01/29/13 04:44 PM Re: Boy Scouts discussing end to ban on gay members [Re: TAFKAP]
Crappie Luck Moderator
Non-Typical

OK. Women molest kids too.

So is your point that we INCREASE the risk by adding homosexuals or are you advocating we REDUCE risk by removing the single mom threat?

You're trying to justify bad behavior by pointing to other bad behavior.

How is this keeping these kids safe?

#3144235 - 01/29/13 04:50 PM Re: Boy Scouts discussing end to ban on gay members [Re: dr]
TAFKAP
14 Point

Originally Posted By: dr
WOW! Some of you are really defending gays... Maybe the BSA will be getting some new members. I thought it was mostly a liberal thing.

Speaking for myself, it's more a "live and let live" thing.

#3144238 - 01/29/13 04:52 PM Re: Boy Scouts discussing end to ban on gay members [Re: Crappie Luck]
TAFKAP
14 Point

So is your point that we INCREASE the risk by adding homosexuals or are you advocating we REDUCE risk by removing the single mom threat?

In the same sense that liberals blow "Assault Rifles" out of proportion, I find the same sentiments flowing through the "qwars gonna molest yer young'ns" mentality.

#3144247 - 01/29/13 05:00 PM Re: Boy Scouts discussing end to ban on gay members [Re: TAFKAP]
Crappie Luck Moderator
Non-Typical

In the same sense that liberals blow "Assault Rifles" out of proportion, I find the same sentiments flowing through the "qwars gonna molest yer young'ns" mentality.

I think the 2nd amendment as important as the 1st. A religious organization has a right to freedom of assembly and to set rules according to their church.

This decision is due to political pressure. It's not something the BSA has chosen to do on their own. They have been constantly battered by the gay lobby and MSM for years.

If they chose to go the Rainbow route, it will be the end of the BSA as we know it.

#3144259 - 01/29/13 05:06 PM Re: Boy Scouts discussing end to ban on gay members [Re: Crappie Luck]
TAFKAP
14 Point

Nah...I don't see it that way. Honestly, do you really expect an influx of light-in-the-loafer kids and "dads" to just gang-rush the nearest signup drive?

Either way, I'm bowing out of this one. I've said my peace, and it's a bunch of head knocking otherwise. Not to confuse my position with condoning blatant homosexuality and savage acts of $aggotry, I just don't see them as a threat to my masculinity or morality. People are people, and the ones that really care about this matter are the ones that suffer from the exclusion.

I think there are two classifications in this argument.

1) Some gay kid or parent that wants to enrich their kids' lives by participating in Scouts

2) Militant liberal in your face activists that couldn't care less either way. I suspect this is where most of the conflict lies.

#3144281 - 01/29/13 05:21 PM Re: Boy Scouts discussing end to ban on gay members [Re: TAFKAP]
Crappie Luck Moderator
Non-Typical

I appreciate the debate.

I think the one thing that keeps getting ignored in most of these type cases are the opinions of those most directly involved, the scouts and scout leaders.

If they go all "Chick-fil-a" on the BSA, the qwarrs might just be the only ones left to run it.

Maybe NAMBLA will be willing to "lend a hand" ;\)

#3144294 - 01/29/13 05:29 PM Re: Boy Scouts discussing end to ban on gay members [Re: Crappie Luck]
dr
10 Point

Loc: USA

I think the 2nd amendment as important as the 1st. A religious organization has a right to freedom of assembly and to set rules according to their church.

This decision is due to political pressure. It's not something the BSA has chosen to do on their own. They have been constantly battered by the gay lobby and MSM for years.

If they chose to go the Rainbow route, it will be the end of the BSA as we know it.

Absolutely. The regime, and liberal followers are promoting homosexuality as acceptable, and normal in order to promote their agenda. They have already forced it on the military, and have their sites set on schools, churches, and the BSA. This is about control, and power to force their way into places they're not welcome. They intend to dilute every last bastion of morality. Gays will be demanding the right to join the BSA, especially in churches that are opposed to homosexuals. If refused, discrimination lawsuits could be filed.

#3144368 - 01/29/13 06:25 PM Re: Boy Scouts discussing end to ban on gay members [Re: dr]
BMan
16 Point

The regime, and liberal followers are promoting homosexuality as acceptable, and normal in order to promote their agenda. They have already forced it on the military, and have their sites set on schools, churches, and the BSA. This is about control, and power to force their way into places they're not welcome. They intend to dilute every last bastion of morality. Gays will be demanding the right to join the BSA, especially in churches that are opposed to homosexuals. If refused, discrimination lawsuits could be filed.

Well said.

#3144374 - 01/29/13 06:31 PM Re: Boy Scouts discussing end to ban on gay members [Re: dr]
Pic IN the Casa
14 Point

WOW! Some of you are really defending gays...

Same ones that are ok with gun control.

#3144376 - 01/29/13 06:32 PM Re: Boy Scouts discussing end to ban on gay members [Re: TAFKAP]
Pic IN the Casa
14 Point

Speaking for myself, it's more a "live and let live" thing.

Tell that to the gay mafia. They are the ones forcing their agenda on everyone.

#3144823 - 01/29/13 09:37 PM Re: Boy Scouts discussing end to ban on gay members [Re: Pic IN the Casa]
in the dog house!
14 Point

Loc: west tn

content Online
The United Methodist Church, the second largest sponsor of Scout units after the Mormons, expressed support for the policy change — saying it was in line with church policy opposing discrimination on the basis of sexual orientation.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/us/2013/01/29/boy.../#ixzz2JQWPPxaX

Μολων λαβε

#3144893 - 01/29/13 10:36 PM Re: Boy Scouts discussing end to ban on gay members [Re: in the dog house!]
TeamMainStreet
8 Point

Loc: Union County,Tn

First of all, if you claim to be gay, as long as you stay out of my way and don't flaunt it to me we can co-exist. You are the only one that can answer for your actions on the day of judgement. I will have my fair share of answering to do but this subject will not be on MY list.

It is wrong in the eyes of GOD on any level BSA or otherwise.

Jude1:7 Even as Sodom and Gomorrha, and the cities about them in like manner, giving themselves over to fornication, and going after strange flesh, are set forth for an example, suffering the vengeance of eternal fire.

Dont tread on me

#3145044 - 01/30/13 04:41 AM Re: Boy Scouts discussing end to ban on gay members [Re: TeamMainStreet]
Crappie Luck Moderator
Non-Typical

I could "Coexist" with the Homosexuals. I couldn't care less about their choice of lifestyle. What I can't coexist with is their constant assault on anything they see as exclusive.

It's is THEY who cannot coexist. They must infiltrate EVERYTHING they find that is not gay friendly.

This is not about being inclusive, this is about tearing down anything that does not condone or celebrate their behavior.

We are all free to have our own opinion as long as that opinion is the same as theirs.

#3145045 - 01/30/13 04:46 AM Re: Boy Scouts discussing end to ban on gay members [Re: Crappie Luck]
MUP
Non-Typical

I can deal with almost anything I suppose...accepting just anything is a different matter altogether for me. Ridiculed and mocked for my views is expected. \:\)

#3145867 - 01/30/13 03:48 PM Re: Boy Scouts discussing end to ban on gay members [Re: MUP]
pcrc
8 Point

Loc: Knoxville

content Online
I would rather have my son go on a Boy Scout campout with a "gay" scoutmaster, than serve as an altar boy with a "straight" Catholic priest.
#3145923 - 01/30/13 04:28 PM Re: Boy Scouts discussing end to ban on gay members [Re: pcrc]
Pic IN the Casa
14 Point

Please explain.

#3146002 - 01/30/13 05:36 PM Re: Boy Scouts discussing end to ban on gay members [Re: Pic IN the Casa]
pcrc
8 Point

Loc: Knoxville

content Online
No explanation should be neccesary if you have followed the news for the past twenty or so years.
#3146037 - 01/30/13 06:00 PM Re: Boy Scouts discussing end to ban on gay members [Re: TAFKAP]
de novo
10 Point

Pedophiles are also straight, and thtey molest kids anywhere they feel it's necessary.

Jerry Sandusky still swears he's straight!

“The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it.”

#3146054 - 01/30/13 06:11 PM Re: Boy Scouts discussing end to ban on gay members [Re: Crappie Luck]
preds1
12 Point

Loc: Sumner County

I could "Coexist" with the Homosexuals. I couldn't care less about their choice of lifestyle. What I can't coexist with is their constant assault on anything they see as exclusive.

It is THEY who cannot coexist. They must infiltrate EVERYTHING they find that is not gay friendly.

This is not about being inclusive, this is about tearing down anything that does not condone or celebrate their behavior.

We are all free to have our own opinion as long as that opinion is the same as theirs.

Bingo.

/thread.

http://youtu.be/pqICP295APA

#3146056 - 01/30/13 06:15 PM Re: Boy Scouts discussing end to ban on gay members [Re: TAFKAP]
de novo
10 Point

By common freaking sense. You could work for the TSA. Your "logic" makes as much sense as fondling six year olds and grandmothers while letting Mohammed and Ahmed board planes because you don't want to profile. It may hurt some tender feelings on here but profiling works and stereotypes are generally true.

There is a safety issue involved - having men that disproportionately engage in pedophilia isolated with young boys.

There is a religious issue - many areas of morality may have a gray area. There is no gray area for anyone who lives by the Old or New Testaments with homosexuality. Homosexuality is an abomination to God and is repeatedly condemned. This is consistent throughout the Bible.

“The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it.”

#3146157 - 01/30/13 07:24 PM Re: Boy Scouts discussing end to ban on gay members [Re: W.Seay]
Bone Collector
14 Point

content Online
I disagree but can't see how this doesn't go through. they let gays in the Military guys...yeah the forces that potect our nation, so can't see them being able to keep them out of the boy scouts. You know they'll argue that they are ENTITLED to equal oppertunity.

I guess I should add, being around gays doesn;t make you gay, but one of the other posters hit it right on the head, when they said, this isn't about inclusion, it is about them attacking anything that does not see things the way they do.

Edited by Bone Collector (01/30/13 07:26 PM)

“There are hunters and there are victims. By your discipline, cunning, obedience and alertness, you will decide if you are a hunter or a victim.”
General James Mattis

Page all of 12 12345>Last »

Moderator:  RUGER, Unicam, gtk, Tennessee Todd, Lakeland Charlie, Cuttin Caller, CBU93, stretch, TurkeyBurd, MAN, Bobby G, Kimber45, Crappie Luck 
Hop to:
Top Posters
RUGER
Deer Assassin
BSK
Crappie Luck
spitndrum
Newest Members
TboneD, sbhockey, ZachA, DocT, Raegan
13202 Registered Users
Who's Online
139 registered (Deer Assassin, Deerhunter, BuckDropper, mathews338, feathersandfur2214, tyson007, 18 invisible) and 185 anonymous users online.
Forum Stats
13202 Members
42 Forums
91456 Topics
1069152 Posts

Max Online: 788 @ 11/11/13 08:06 PM
Moon Phase
CURRENT MOON
August
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Forum Donations
The TnDeer.Com Deer Talk Forum is for Tennessee Deer Hunters by Tennessee Deer Hunters. If you enjoy using our Talk Forum and would like to contribute to help in it's up-keep. Just submit your contribution by clicking on the DONATE button below and paying with PayPal or a major credit card. Any amount is much appreciated. Thanks for your support!

TN Burn Safe

Generated in 0.057 seconds in which 0.002 seconds were spent on a total of 14 queries. Zlib compression enabled.