Tndeer Logo

Page 1 of 1 1
Topic Options
#3142442 - 01/28/13 12:49 PM Hunting Clothing
thetoolman
8 Point

Loc: Charlotte, Tennessee

While wading to the duck blind yesterday had my "good" pair of pants rip and figure its time for some new hunting clothes. Anyone ever heard of Kryptek or used any of their products? Its sold exclusively through their website or Cabelas, kind of pricey, but seems to get some pretty good reviews. Company was started by two veterans, and I really like the patterns as well.

"Vegetarian" old Indian word for Bad Hunter

http://www.completepctherapy.com

#3142466 - 01/28/13 01:07 PM Re: Hunting Clothing [Re: thetoolman]
Vermin93
12 Point

Loc: Dallas, TX & Signal Mtn, TN

shocked Online
 Originally Posted By: thetoolman
While wading to the duck blind yesterday had my "good" pair of pants rip and figure its time for some new hunting clothes. Anyone ever heard of Kryptek or used any of their products? Its sold exclusively through their website or Cabelas, kind of pricey, but seems to get some pretty good reviews. Company was started by two veterans, and I really like the patterns as well.

I like the Cabela's Microtex line of pants. Very quiet and durable and comfortable. I watch for them to go on sale. I have seen the Kryptek pants in the Cabela's here in Dallas but I have not tried them.

#3142473 - 01/28/13 01:12 PM Re: Hunting Clothing [Re: Vermin93]
BlountArrow
10 Point

Loc: SouthEast Tenn

You should PM "String Music" on the Kryptek because I've heard him comment on them and he speaks highly of them. I'll bet it is great stuff he seems to be a straight shooter based on what I've read of his posts.

#3142476 - 01/28/13 01:14 PM Re: Hunting Clothing [Re: BlountArrow]
FastXD
4 Point

Loc: North Alabama

I think it is very similar to the Sitka Gear clothing.
#3142793 - 01/28/13 05:19 PM Re: Hunting Clothing [Re: FastXD]
String Music
8 Point

Loc: Knoxville

Kryptek is in the same technical line of clothing as APXg2, Core4Element, and Sitka. I have Kyptek's vest and have nothing but positive feedback after wearing it for one season. I usually wear the vest under my a technical outer shell so I can't fully attest to its durability. However, the material seems like it could withstand some abuse.

With this said, I don't know how their clothing would withstand the rigors of duck hunting. Are you looking for pants to wear under your waders? Most of these technical clothing lines are water resistant rather than waterproof. They do have waterproof shells but I do not know how durable they would be for duck hunting.

As for pants, I've been very satisfied with my Core4Element "Element" pants. These were my go-to pants from October through December. On colder mornings I would add more layers underneath. However, on mornings that were below 20 degrees I wore Arctic Shield bibs. After two seasons, these pants have proven to be very durable and adaptable.
"For I know the plans I have for you..." Jer. 29:11

Hunting Photography:

facebook.com/AMOutdoorPhotography

www.amcunninghamoutdoors.com

#3143042 - 01/28/13 08:21 PM Re: Hunting Clothing [Re: String Music]
thetoolman
8 Point

Loc: Charlotte, Tennessee

Thanks, from my understanding it is similar to Sitka but a little cheaper. I talked to a friend today who was at the SHOT show and informed me we will probably be seeing more from Kryptek in the near future.

I am looking for something I could wear from early bow season to late duck season and yes the pants would be layers under my waders. I have the Redhead CWS that I've had for about 10 years and its great I just feel like the Michelin Man. My under layers are ripping and tearing, so I got to looking. What better time to buy then after season sales....

"Vegetarian" old Indian word for Bad Hunter

http://www.completepctherapy.com

Page 1 of 1 1

Moderator:  RUGER, Unicam, gtk, Tennessee Todd, Lakeland Charlie, Cuttin Caller, CBU93, stretch, TurkeyBurd, MAN, Bobby G, Kimber45, Crappie Luck 
Hop to:
Top Posters
RUGER
Deer Assassin
BSK
Crappie Luck
spitndrum
Newest Members
buckslayer85, crose84, Fisher 1959, AKeys, GUIDO
13383 Registered Users
Who's Online
50 registered (callemquacktn, Thewsus, muzzy76, Eric Kilby, david k., chris1976, 7 invisible) and 97 anonymous users online.
Forum Stats
13383 Members
42 Forums
95788 Topics
1121441 Posts

Max Online: 788 @ 11/11/13 08:06 PM
Moon Phase
CURRENT MOON
October
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Forum Donations
The TnDeer.Com Deer Talk Forum is for Tennessee Deer Hunters by Tennessee Deer Hunters. If you enjoy using our Talk Forum and would like to contribute to help in it's up-keep. Just submit your contribution by clicking on the DONATE button below and paying with PayPal or a major credit card. Any amount is much appreciated. Thanks for your support!

TN Burn Safe

Generated in 0.05 seconds in which 0.001 seconds were spent on a total of 14 queries. Zlib compression enabled.