Tndeer Logo

Page 4 of 6 « First<23456>
Topic Options
#3142340 - 01/28/13 11:20 AM Re: Did Jesus Reveal the Name of the Anti-Christ 11-09 [Re: preachermantom]
preachermantom
12 Point

Loc: waverly,tn,USA

One other note on this....USA is not mentioned as a great power in the bible....could it be that we will be owned by China or worse when Anti-Christ comes to power???? Just a thought.

Jesus Christ

http://walkthewalkwithjesus.blogspot.com

#3142343 - 01/28/13 11:24 AM Re: Did Jesus Reveal the Name of the Anti-Christ 11-09 [Re: preachermantom]
JN
4 Point

Loc: Northeast TN

What are the scripture references for these claims?
#3142456 - 01/28/13 12:57 PM Re: Did Jesus Reveal the Name of the Anti-Christ 11-09 [Re: JN]
preachermantom
12 Point

All in revelation. Go to my devotions on the book, they are there....if you can't find them let me know and I will post them tomorrow.

Jesus Christ

#3142548 - 01/28/13 02:15 PM Re: Did Jesus Reveal the Name of the Anti-Christ 11-09 [Re: preachermantom]
Happy Birthday Bottom Hunter
16 Point

Loc: Hatchie Bottoms

First...the white race is not the minoriity, and far from it....and as you might have not read in my post this is simply MY OPINION and is based on nothing else....

So, how does the Bible say this will all shake out?

IMO, man has no say in any of this. How can man defeat the devil?

Just curious...thanks.

Walk away; the battle they are fighting is not with you, but with themselves.

#3142562 - 01/28/13 02:25 PM Re: Did Jesus Reveal the Name of the Anti-Christ 11-09 [Re: preachermantom]
TNGunsmoke
8 Point

Loc: Jackson,TN

Originally Posted By: preachermantom
One other note on this....USA is not mentioned as a great power in the bible....could it be that we will be owned by China or worse when Anti-Christ comes to power???? Just a thought.

My opinion on this is that we will simply be irrelevant at the time. The way things are going, wither we will be back to being isolationists, or will be so wrapped up in trying to repay our debts that we won't be able to provide men or materials for the battle of Armageddon.

#3142563 - 01/28/13 02:26 PM Re: Did Jesus Reveal the Name of the Anti-Christ 11-09 [Re: Bottom Hunter]
dralarms
8 Point

Loc: athens, tn

Man can't defeat the devil. HOWEVER, GOD has promised us the victory over the devil through HIM. So the devil can do his best, but in the end he can't win. God gave us the victory through JESUS.
#3142633 - 01/28/13 03:20 PM Re: Did Jesus Reveal the Name of the Anti-Christ 11-09 [Re: dralarms]
7mm08
12 Point

Loc: In a river hopefully!

How do you say George Soros in Hebrew/Aramaic?

#3142735 - 01/28/13 04:39 PM Re: Did Jesus Reveal the Name of the Anti-Christ 11-09 [Re: 7mm08]
preachermantom
12 Point

Revelation #52

Alright we are ready to jump into chapter 17 now:

Revelation 17:1-6

The Great Prostitute and the Beast

1Then one of the seven angels who had the seven bowls came and said to me, "Come, I will show you the judgment of the great prostitute who is seated on many waters, 2 with whom the kings of the earth have committed sexual immorality, and with the wine of whose sexual immorality the dwellers on earth have become drunk." 3And he carried me away in the Spirit into a wilderness, and I saw a woman sitting on a scarlet beast that was full of blasphemous names, and it had seven heads and ten horns. 4The woman was arrayed in purple and scarlet, and adorned with gold and jewels and pearls, holding in her hand a golden cup full of abominations and the impurities of her sexual immorality. 5And on her forehead was written a name of mystery: "Babylon the great, mother of prostitutes and of earth’s abominations." 6And I saw the woman, drunk with the blood of the saints, the blood of the martyrs of Jesus.When I saw her, I marveled greatly.

In verse 1 John says that one of the angels that had a bowl came to him and told John to follow him and he would show the judgement that was to come on the great prostitute! This great prostitute is Rome which is ofter referred to as Babylon also. This prostitute is also seated on "many waters" which is a symbol to mean...many gentile nations. Verse 2 explains this a little more by that these gentile nations have committed sexual immorality as well as their "dwellers" which are the people who follow the Kings. This is another way of saying they have committed spiritual adultery against God. Worshiping Satan instead. John then tells us the angel carried him away in the Spirit into the wilderness and John saw a scarlet beast. This is the anti-Christ and the reason he is scarlet is because of the blood he has shed of the faithful saints of Jesus. This beast is full of blasphemous names. These names are individuals who are recognized by the false church who considered themselves equal with God. They were put in place by the anti-Christ and false prophet. This beast had seven heads which we will talk about when we get to verse 10. the beast also had 10 horns which we talked about in Revelation 13:1 and will some more in 17:12. In verse 4 prostitute is now called woman which is Rome( Babylon) and the false church here. Look how she is dressed. Like Royalty. Focus on what is in her hand...a golden cup full of abominations and impurities of her sexual immorality....which we already learned was spiritual adultery against God. That is what the false church was all about...abominations against Jesus! Verse 5 tells us that a mystery name was written on her forehead....the rest of this verse gives us that mystery name and tells us in verse 6 that this women was drunk on blood!!!! Whose blood? The blood of the saints and martyrs of Christ! Wow! This is a great deceiver for the lost because they see the power of this false church and think she is what is to be worshiped!!!!

Tomorrow we will see more about this woman!

Tom

Jesus Christ

Jesus Christ

#3142737 - 01/28/13 04:40 PM Re: Did Jesus Reveal the Name of the Anti-Christ 11-09 [Re: preachermantom]
preachermantom
12 Point

Revelation #53

Continuing on from yesterday in Chapter 17:

Revelation 17:7-14

7But the angel said to me, "Why do you marvel? I will tell you the mystery of the woman, and of the beast with seven heads and ten horns that carries her. 8The beast that you saw was, and is not, and is about to rise from the bottomless pit and go to destruction. And the dwellers on earth whose names have not been written in the book of life from the foundation of the world will marvel to see the beast, because it was and is not and is to come. 9 This calls for a mind with wisdom: the seven heads are seven mountains on which the woman is seated; 10they are also seven kings, five of whom have fallen, one is, the other has not yet come, and when he does come he must remain only a little while. 11As for the beast that was and is not, it is an eighth but it belongs to the seven, and it goes to destruction. 12And the ten horns that you saw are ten kings who have not yet received royal power, but they are to receive authority as kings for one hour, together with the beast. 13These are of one mind, and they hand over their power and authority to the beast. 14They will make war on the Lamb, and the Lamb will conquer them, for he is Lord of lords and King of kings, and those with him are called and chosen and faithful."

In verse 7 we see the angel asking John why he is marveling about the women which is Rome(Babylon) and the beast(anti-Christ). The angel then tells John he will tell him the mystery! The beast is the anti-Christ but has even more meaning here. It also represents the Roman empire as we are told in verse 8. Was, is not, and is about to rise from bottomless pit, and go to destruction is a description of the Roman empire...past, present and future. We are also told the followers of the anti-Christ who are not saved will marvel at this empire after its resurrection.

Then verse 9 tells us we have to think to understand whats coming next! The seven heads are seven heads of the beast represent seven kings and verse 10 gives us more information on these kings....5 are fallen, one is, the other has not yet come, and when he does he wont be here long. The 5 that are fallen are: Julius Caesar, Tiberius, Caligula, Claudius, and Nero. The one who was in power at this time was Domitian. The who has not yet come was the anti-Christ. Then verse 11 gives us more details on Anti-Christ...He was the seventh then he dies, and it resurrected and becomes the 8TH but actually still is the 7th. But thankfully we see his destiny at the end of verse 11 destruction!

Verse12 tells us about the ten horns on the beast. They represent kings(Nations...many think these will come from European Union) who have not received their power yet from the anti-Christ, but at the right time they will along with the beast....for one hour! Verse 13 tells us they will be in one mind with the anti-Christ and will give all power and authority to the anti-Christ(beast). Verse 14 says they will make war on the Lamb(Jesus) and Jesus will conquer them!!! Why? Because He is Lord of lords and King of kings and the saints that are with Jesus are called, chosen, and faithful....oh my brothers and sisters I pray this morning you are numbered along with the other saints!

Tom

Jesus Christ

Jesus Christ

#3142775 - 01/28/13 05:07 PM Re: Did Jesus Reveal the Name of the Anti-Christ 11-09 [Re: 7mm08]
JN
4 Point

Loc: Northeast TN

Preachermantom is your devo page your blog?

I do not see any mention of the antichrist in Revelations.

I personally believe Revelations is an apocalyptic literature that was written for the people of that time to give them a hope of what God was going to do to their persecutors(Romans). Revelations 1:1 starts out with things which must shortly take place and he sent and signified it by his angel to his servant John. The key word here is signified meaning to make know with signs/symbols and words. So right from the beginning John is telling us that this is to take place soon and this is a book of symbols making it meaninful to the intended audience(i.e. Early Christians who were used to reading this type of literature from Ezekiel, Joel, Zechariah, and Daniel) but at the same time making it obsecure to outsiders. This would have helped protect the writer and reader from the Romans at the time who would not have understood what Revelations meant or that it was referring to them.

As I had mentioned earlier antichrist is only mentioned in 1st and 2nd John.

Page 4 of 6 « First<23456>

Moderator:  RUGER, Unicam, gtk, Tennessee Todd, Lakeland Charlie, Cuttin Caller, CBU93, stretch, TurkeyBurd, MAN, Bobby G, Kimber45, Crappie Luck 
Hop to:
Top Posters
RUGER
Deer Assassin
BSK
Crappie Luck
spitndrum
Newest Members
yarddawg54, schiesser, bigdoc, Bggamehunter, willy2763
13605 Registered Users
Who's Online
2 registered (waltny, 1 invisible) and 86 anonymous users online.
Forum Stats
13605 Members
43 Forums
100233 Topics
1180120 Posts

Max Online: 788 @ 11/11/13 08:06 PM
Moon Phase
CURRENT MOON
December
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30 31
Forum Donations
The TnDeer.Com Deer Talk Forum is for Tennessee Deer Hunters by Tennessee Deer Hunters. If you enjoy using our Talk Forum and would like to contribute to help in it's up-keep. Just submit your contribution by clicking on the DONATE button below and paying with PayPal or a major credit card. Any amount is much appreciated. Thanks for your support!

TN Burn Safe

Generated in 0.006 seconds in which 0.001 seconds were spent on a total of 15 queries. Zlib compression enabled.