Topic Options
#3140275 - 01/26/13 01:37 PM (r)tom coburn is about to cave on guns:send letter
utfan1
10 Point

Loc: cleveland,tn

here is his contact....use city muskogee oklahoma and zip 74401

http://www.coburn.senate.gov/public/index.cfm/home

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/post...ss=rss_politics

#3140480 - 01/26/13 05:43 PM Re: (r)tom coburn is about to cave on guns:send letter [Re: utfan1]
FLTENNHUNTER1
16 Point

Loc: Tampa FL

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/post...und-check-bill/

Sen. Tom Coburn (R-Okla.) is working with Democratic senators on a bill that would mandate background checks for all gun buyers, with some limited exceptions.

In an interview Friday with a Tulsa television station, Coburn said he is working with Sens. Charles E. Schumer (D-N.Y.) and Joe Manchin III (D-W. Va.) on plans to keep weapons away from criminals and the mentally ill.

Coburnís office didnít immediately respond to requests for comment, but other Senate aides familiar with the negotiations confirmed his involvement. If a deal involving Coburn pans out, his ruby-red Republican reputation would lend significantly to any bipartisan effort to draft gun-control legislation.

ďI think thereís lots of good things that can happen in terms of mental health screening and checks,Ē Coburn told KRMG-TV Friday. ďIf you transfer your car, you have to have a license to transfer, it has to go through that. Thatís a responsibility of freedom. I have no problems with us making sure that we donít allow guns to get in the hands of either felons, or people who are a danger to themselves or other people. Ö Iím willing to work with Manchin and Schumer on that, and going to.Ē

Manchin, a moderate Democrat with an ďAĒ rating from the National Rifle Association, has also recruited his close friend, Sen. Mark Kirk (R-Ill.), to help with the background check legislation. Kirk, who is much more moderate than Coburn and hails from a state suffering from urban gun violence, also plans to unveil legislation next week with Sen. Kirsten Gillibrand (D-N.Y.) to make illegal gun trafficking a federal crime.

I just sent an email to him stating if he tries to pass ANY new gun control laws I will raise as much money as I can to make sure he is NOT re-elected.

#3141177 - 01/27/13 10:45 AM Re: (r)tom coburn is about to cave on guns:send letter [Re: FLTENNHUNTER1]
FLTENNHUNTER1
16 Point

Loc: Tampa FL

Response back to me:

"Thank you for taking the time to write me. I have received your email and I value your input, which is why I will personally read your message. Please allow me time to review your email and ensure you receive an accurate, detailed, and thoughtful response to your inquiry. It may take at least 30 days or as many as 60 days to reply due to the heavy volume of mail that I receive. I appreciate your patience as you await my response. If this matter is time sensitive, please contact my office at (202)224-5754 and my staff is ready and happy to assist you."

Sincerely,

Tom Coburn, M.D.
U.S. Senator

#3141216 - 01/27/13 11:38 AM Re: (r)tom coburn is about to cave on guns:send letter [Re: FLTENNHUNTER1]
-DRM-
6 Point

Loc: Spring Hill, TN

Just used his website to submit an email as well with similar tone.

#3141417 - 01/27/13 03:45 PM Re: (r)tom coburn is about to cave on guns:send letter [Re: FLTENNHUNTER1]
worriedman
6 Point

Loc: Bells

Originally Posted By: FLTENNHUNTER1
unveil legislation next week with Sen. Kirsten Gillibrand (D-N.Y.) to make illegal gun trafficking a federal crime.

Isn't illegal gun trafficking already a federal crime... that is unless you work for the DOJ or BATFE?

Life Member NRA, TFA, Tennesseans for Liberty

#3142042 - 01/28/13 06:43 AM Re: (r)tom coburn is about to cave on guns:send letter [Re: worriedman]
Rebel
TnDeer Old Timer
12 Point

Loc: East Tennessee USA

content Online
I sent him a letter too.

Tolerance is a virtue of those who believe in nothing.

Deo Vindice

Page 1 of 1 1

Moderator:  Crappie Luck, Tennessee Todd, RUGER, Unicam, stretch, Cuttin Caller, Bobby G, Kimber45 
Hop to:
Top Posters
RUGER
Deer Assassin
BSK
Crappie Luck
spitndrum
Newest Members
tnduckhunter, draw2drop, Oh Deer, Deer slayer85, Deadeye14
13111 Registered Users
Who's Online
75 registered (TNRifleman, diamond hunter, TN Larry, duckriver, dmitchell28, RAFI, 11 invisible) and 117 anonymous users online.
Forum Stats
13111 Members
42 Forums
89181 Topics
1042899 Posts

Max Online: 788 @ 11/11/13 08:06 PM
Moon Phase
CURRENT MOON
July
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5
6 7 8 9 10 11 12
13 14 15 16 17 18 19
20 21 22 23 24 25 26
27 28 29 30 31
Forum Donations
The TnDeer.Com Deer Talk Forum is for Tennessee Deer Hunters by Tennessee Deer Hunters. If you enjoy using our Talk Forum and would like to contribute to help in it's up-keep. Just submit your contribution by clicking on the DONATE button below and paying with PayPal or a major credit card. Any amount is much appreciated. Thanks for your support!

TN Burn Safe

Generated in 0.209 seconds in which 0 seconds were spent on a total of 14 queries. Zlib compression enabled.