Tndeer Logo

Page 1 of 1 1
Topic Options
#3141032 - 01/27/13 08:06 AM Biden: Mental Health Check
Dale3
8 Point

Loc: Live in Mt.Juliet ,Hunt Jackso...

http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/politics/201...-tech-shooting/

Joe could be our best 2A gun right defense if someone would ever respond or ask the right questions.

Hey Joe on the Virgina Tech Shooting (the most deadly mass shooting) How would your so called Assault weapons ban prevented it, seeing as how he used two hand guns?

Hey Joe, you Absolutely correct about a double barrel shotgun being better than so called assault weapon during earthquake apocalypse. Come to think of it, it be far more deadly in these close range mass shooting also Joe, so why are you wanting to ban so called assault weapons instead of double barreled shotguns Joe?

Makes more sense Joe, seeing as how shotguns kill more people each year than so called assault weapons.

You ever think Joe these mass shooters may only use so called assault weapons for how they look and not how they preform?

You can bet Joe would open mouth and insert foot if ever confronted on these things

Edited by Dale3 (01/27/13 08:21 AM)

#3141061 - 01/27/13 08:49 AM Re: Biden: Mental Health Check [Re: Dale3]
TNbuckeye
4 Point

Loc: knox county, TN, USA

IMO if they implement a mental health standard the only question is "Is the person mentally competent to stand trial?"
If not then there are a lot of other things they shouldn't be able to but or do also.

Well the great thing about getting married is even if you don't marry a trophy wife you still get a participation ribbon.

#3141158 - 01/27/13 10:17 AM Re: Biden: Mental Health Check [Re: TNbuckeye]
JimFromTN
8 Point

Loc: Nashville, TN

While I am all for increasing the thoroughness of background checks to include mental health, it is a slipery slope that could actually be used against us. I am not saying that some of us may be crazy and should not have guns and don't realize it. I am saying that they are going to have to have access to your health care records in order to do it and what is going to determine whether you are ok to own a firearm. I think what is going to determine whether you can own a firearm is going to be one of those ever changing things kind of like the definition of an assault rifle. If you go into your doctors office and you seem really depressed and your doctor feels that you could be suicidal, should he be able to flag you as not being aloud to have a firearm? If you have been flagged as a mental health risk, should the government go into your home and take any firearms that you already have? What would it take to unflag you once you have been flagged? Should people who take anti-depressants be aloud to have firearms? What if you take any number of drugs which may cause suicidal thoughts including many drugs that have nothing to do with depression or any form of mental illness for that matter? Lets take it to a level that seems ludicrous and ask if people who smoke cigarettes should be aloud to own firearms? People who smoke cigarettes have an addiction. Should people with addictions be aloud to own firearms regardless of whether the addiction is legal or not? Addiction is a mental illness.
#3141178 - 01/27/13 10:47 AM Re: Biden: Mental Health Check [Re: JimFromTN]
Bigg'un4214
10 Point

Loc: east tn

Psycologists might be quick to label someone as to having issues as well.

#3141182 - 01/27/13 10:53 AM Re: Biden: Mental Health Check [Re: Bigg'un4214]
BMan
16 Point

Loc: Middle TN

biden is fortunate mental health checks aren't required for candidates for public office...

#3141203 - 01/27/13 11:24 AM Re: Biden: Mental Health Check [Re: BMan]
Dale3
8 Point

Originally Posted By: BMan
biden is fortunate mental health checks aren't required for candidates for public office...

Yep biden needs to be checked.
I'm not for the checks, too many if's and maybe's and just opinons.
Now if someone was to tell a doctor they got plans to do some killing, sure, but we all know this will be something that will be used to disarm people over anything

#3141277 - 01/27/13 12:59 PM Re: Biden: Mental Health Check [Re: Bigg'un4214]
dr
10 Point

Loc: USA

Originally Posted By: Bigg'un4214
Psycologists might be quick to label someone as to having issues as well.

And, you can bet that the psychologists doing the evaluation would be nobomacare appointed, with an agenda.

#3141313 - 01/27/13 01:53 PM Re: Biden: Mental Health Check [Re: dr]
W C
10 Point

Loc: Alabama

Be careful what you agree with on mental health issues vs background checks. Obamacare will play into this regardless of a provision being written in to stop such use. What if you take an antidepressant.......just to keep you in a restful sleep....like I do? A whole 20mg per night. Antidepressants are THE most prescribed mental health drug out there BUT they are also prescribed for other conditions due to their effectiveness. So what if suddenly everyone on antidepressants is declared mentally defective in regards to gun ownership? You think they won't try this?

#3141348 - 01/27/13 02:33 PM Re: Biden: Mental Health Check [Re: W C]
Dale3
8 Point

Originally Posted By: W C
Be careful what you agree with on mental health issues vs background checks. Obamacare will play into this regardless of a provision being written in to stop such use. What if you take an antidepressant.......just to keep you in a restful sleep....like I do? A whole 20mg per night. Antidepressants are THE most prescribed mental health drug out there BUT they are also prescribed for other conditions due to their effectiveness. So what if suddenly everyone on antidepressants is declared mentally defective in regards to gun ownership? You think they won't try this?

Thats what im saying, it will be abused and its just a part of thier plan to disarm as many as they can, as many ways as they can. If they cant one way, they'll get you another way

Edited by Dale3 (01/27/13 05:36 PM)

#3141588 - 01/27/13 06:44 PM Re: Biden: Mental Health Check [Re: W C]
Bowdacious
Vicious Broomdriver
16 Point

Loc: over here

Originally Posted By: W C

That will be the first weapon in their arsenal. I guess it's a good thing I refused to take wellbutrin or chantix to quit smoking. I guarantee a lot of people who would be fine with the aid of an antidepressant will not seek the help they need for fear of being labeled. I know I probably wouldn't.

Beware the skillet -----O

Page 1 of 1 1

Moderator:  Crappie Luck, Tennessee Todd, RUGER, Unicam, stretch, Cuttin Caller, Bobby G, Kimber45 
Hop to:
Top Posters
RUGER
Deer Assassin
BSK
Crappie Luck
spitndrum
Newest Members
THEdonkey0515, muddyhunter, davey1230, MisquitoNet, strutter rutter
13079 Registered Users
Who's Online
77 registered (biglefty20, Bucket, woodchuckc, Sako, Dixie Boy, G5PRIME, 12 invisible) and 138 anonymous users online.
Forum Stats
13079 Members
42 Forums
88106 Topics
1032115 Posts

Max Online: 788 @ 11/11/13 08:06 PM
Moon Phase
CURRENT MOON
July
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5
6 7 8 9 10 11 12
13 14 15 16 17 18 19
20 21 22 23 24 25 26
27 28 29 30 31
Forum Donations
The TnDeer.Com Deer Talk Forum is for Tennessee Deer Hunters by Tennessee Deer Hunters. If you enjoy using our Talk Forum and would like to contribute to help in it's up-keep. Just submit your contribution by clicking on the DONATE button below and paying with PayPal or a major credit card. Any amount is much appreciated. Thanks for your support!

TN Burn Safe

Generated in 0.211 seconds in which 0 seconds were spent on a total of 14 queries. Zlib compression enabled.