#3139502 - 01/25/13 07:26 PM Re: AC/DC [Re: stik]
Poser
Mud Dauber
16 Point

Loc: Tennessee

Originally Posted By: stik
 Originally Posted By: Poser
the very best no-talent band in the world!!!

No talent? Those are some of the most recognizable guitar riffs ever written. The guitar sounds are blazing, the rhythm guitar and bass playing are always perfectly in the pocket and they don't over use the 5 chord (unlike ZZ Top, who was mentioned in the other post).

Is it complex? No. Is there a lack of talent? Absolutely not.

they are 3 chord licks that any 6 month guitar student can play. don't get me wrong. i love em and have seen them several times.

Its Rock n Roll. Its not what you play, its how you play it. Sure, a 6 month guitar student can play the riffs, but can they write those riffs, can they play those riffs in a convincing manner that creates fans of those riffs all over the world? A singer at the bar down the street might play a Hank Williams song note for note, but can they do it in a way that captivates the entire world?

Originality, creativity and delivery are every bit as important as talent. American Idol is full of people that have talent but none of them, repeat, not a single one posses a single ounce of originality, creativity and/ or ability to deliver. And that's why they all suck and are unable to produce careers of any degree of longevity. Talent is a dime a dozen, its the other aspects that are few and far between. I mean, Iggy Pop wouldn't win American Idol, he might lack the vocal talent of a the winning contestants, but he is far superior to anything that any "talented" American Idol singer could ever aspire to be because he is original, creative and has the ability to deliver.... That he is freakin' rocks your face off.

Wild & crazy, can't be stopped. Only the strong will survive.

Keep your knife sharp and your skillet greasy.

http://www.GoCarnivore.com

#3139515 - 01/25/13 07:38 PM Re: AC/DC [Re: Poser]
stik
"Popcorn"
18 Point

Loc: lenoir city,tn

the very best no-talent band in the world!!!

No talent? Those are some of the most recognizable guitar riffs ever written. The guitar sounds are blazing, the rhythm guitar and bass playing are always perfectly in the pocket and they don't over use the 5 chord (unlike ZZ Top, who was mentioned in the other post).

Is it complex? No. Is there a lack of talent? Absolutely not.

they are 3 chord licks that any 6 month guitar student can play. don't get me wrong. i love em and have seen them several times.

Its Rock n Roll. Its not what you play, its how you play it. Sure, a 6 month guitar student can play the riffs, but can they write those riffs, can they play those riffs in a convincing manner that creates fans of those riffs all over the world? A singer at the bar down the street might play a Hank Williams song note for note, but can they do it in a way that captivates the entire world?

Originality, creativity and delivery are every bit as important as talent. American Idol is full of people that have talent but none of them, repeat, not a single one posses a single ounce of originality, creativity and/ or ability to deliver. And that's why they all suck and are unable to produce careers of any degree of longevity. Talent is a dime a dozen, its the other aspects that are few and far between. I mean, Iggy Pop wouldn't win American Idol, he might lack the vocal talent of a the winning contestants, but he is far superior to anything that any "talented" American Idol singer could ever aspire to be because he is original, creative and has the ability to deliver.... That he is freakin' rocks your face off.

and that's why i say they are the best no-talent band in the world

#3139520 - 01/25/13 07:42 PM Re: AC/DC [Re: Bottom Hunter]
Vermin93
12 Point

Loc: Dallas, TX & Signal Mtn, TN

Good points, Poser.

I like to think that while Angus Young almost certainly isn't the best rock guitarist ever, he may be the coolest.

Plus, they have cannons and that's just awesome.

For those about to rock...FIRE!!!

AC/DC For Those About To Rock (We Salute You) Live At River Plate

Edited by Vermin93 (01/25/13 07:42 PM)

#3139557 - 01/25/13 07:59 PM Re: AC/DC [Re: Vermin93]
ghosthunter
10 Point

Loc: chattanooga

They are bad a$$!!!!

#3139677 - 01/25/13 09:11 PM Re: AC/DC [Re: ghosthunter]
PalsPal
8 Point

Loc: TN

Any other rock songs have bagpipes in them?

This is awesome!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PNBNAY1UnpE

#3139804 - 01/25/13 10:39 PM Re: AC/DC [Re: PalsPal]
medic
8 Point

Loc: Cleveland, TN USA

check out this web site

http://www.fiftyplusracing.com

Brian Johnson joins racing team that will be at the 24 hrs at Daytona. one of the drivers (Bryon Defoor) lives in Chattanooga.

Edited by medic (01/25/13 10:40 PM)

#3139836 - 01/25/13 11:01 PM Re: AC/DC [Re: PalsPal]
Vermin93
12 Point

Originally Posted By: PalsPal
Any other rock songs have bagpipes in them?

This is awesome!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PNBNAY1UnpE

First, that video is awesome. Possibly the best Angus Young outfit ever. Definitely one of my all time favorite songs. This was the only really disappointing thing about their last tour in 2008/2009. That song was not on the set list. I couldn't believe it!

I love the end of School of Rock when Jack Black sings it with his band of kids.

#3139840 - 01/25/13 11:03 PM Re: AC/DC [Re: medic]
AndyW
10 Point

Loc: Allardt, TN

Yngwie Malmstein is a virtuoso for the notes he plays. Angus Young is a virtuoso for the notes he DOESNT play.

I think the dead air (rest notes) in an ACDC song is precisely what makes them so danceable AND memorable. The simplicity of the songs Highway to Hell/Back in Black/Lets Get it Up etc come to mind...drums in a very simple groove, guitar in a simple riff; everything has room to breathe and it rocks b@lls. 30+ years after it came out, grown men with grey hair still reach for the volume knob to crank it.

I'd put that talent up against anybody. They're legends.

#3139855 - 01/25/13 11:21 PM Re: AC/DC [Re: AndyW]
moondawg
16 Point

Loc: Millington, TN

Love Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap!

#3139886 - 01/25/13 11:58 PM Re: AC/DC [Re: moondawg]
Vermin93
12 Point

Originally Posted By: moondawg
Love Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap!

When they play it live there is one small part of the vocals that Angus has trademarked as his own. It's just 6 words, but I love it. It's right after the guitar solo. Check it out -

AC/DC - Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap (Live at River Plate)

Page 3 of 4 <1234>

Moderator:  RUGER, Unicam, gtk, Tennessee Todd, Lakeland Charlie, Cuttin Caller, CBU93, stretch, TurkeyBurd, MAN, Bobby G, Kimber45, Crappie Luck 
Hop to:
Top Posters
RUGER
Deer Assassin
BSK
Crappie Luck
spitndrum
Newest Members
yarddawg54, schiesser, bigdoc, Bggamehunter, willy2763
13605 Registered Users
Who's Online
0 registered and 56 anonymous users online.
Forum Stats
13605 Members
43 Forums
100233 Topics
1180122 Posts

Max Online: 788 @ 11/11/13 08:06 PM
Moon Phase
CURRENT MOON
December
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30 31
Forum Donations
The TnDeer.Com Deer Talk Forum is for Tennessee Deer Hunters by Tennessee Deer Hunters. If you enjoy using our Talk Forum and would like to contribute to help in it's up-keep. Just submit your contribution by clicking on the DONATE button below and paying with PayPal or a major credit card. Any amount is much appreciated. Thanks for your support!

TN Burn Safe

Generated in 0.006 seconds in which 0.001 seconds were spent on a total of 15 queries. Zlib compression enabled.