Tndeer Logo

Page 1 of 1 1
Topic Options
#3139164 - 01/25/13 03:21 PM TN Congressman responds, with conviction...
TNRazorback
6 Point

Loc: Tipton County, TN

content Online
Thank you for contacting me regarding President Obama's decision to issue 23 executive orders in response to the horrible tragedy that took place on December 14, 2012, in Newtown, Connecticut. I appreciate hearing from you.

The atrocious shooting of innocent children and teachers is too tragic to put into words. As a father and a Christian, my heart and prayers are with each of these families and the community of Newtown.

Instead of identifying the true causes of mass shootings President Obama ignores the collaborative process and politicizes a terrible tragedy to fulfill his agenda of increased gun control. Let me be clear, we must address the issues that are causing these violent acts. However, I believe until we are willing to sit down and have an open and honest debate about the causes of violence, we will continue to witness more and more vicious acts in our country.

Blaming symptoms instead of the virus is not the way to find a cure. Violence is on the rise for a number of complex reasons ranging from the glorification of violence in Hollywood, violent video games such as Grand Theft Auto that encourage players to randomly beat and murder, the breakdown of families and faith in our culture, a media filled with divisiveness, as well as the desensitizing of society.

What we do know is there is one common thread that connects the shootings in Arizona last year, the shootings in Colorado this year, and the shooting in Newtown and that is mental health. Each of these murders was committed by disturbed individuals who did not receive proper treatment. We have to reexamine how our communities are dealing with people who have mental health issues to ensure they are treated properly and with compassion.

There are not always simple answers to complex issues, but working together to find a solution, instead of politicizing a national tragedy for political gain, we can strengthen our country and make our schools and neighborhoods safer.

As a member of the Congressional Sportsmen's Caucus and a lifetime member of the National Rifle Association, I believe sportsmen, gun enthusiasts and citizens concerned for their personal safety should be able to exercise their rights to own a gun.

Again, thank you for contacting me. If there is ever anything I can do for you please do not hesitate to contact me at anytime.

Sincerely,

Stephen L. Fincher
Member of Congress

#3139167 - 01/25/13 03:23 PM Re: TN Congressman responds, with conviction... [Re: TNRazorback]
JThuntsalot
Good ol' Boys
10 Point

Loc: Mckenzie, Carroll County, TN

I got the same exact one.

I love to kill big bucks and a ton of ducks with a monster Thunder Chicken in the spring

#3139169 - 01/25/13 03:25 PM Re: TN Congressman responds, with conviction... [Re: JThuntsalot]
Andy S.
TnDeer Old Timer
14 Point

Loc: Atoka, TN

content Online
Me too.

If I had saved all the money I spent on hunting, I'd spend it on hunting.

#3139187 - 01/25/13 03:39 PM Re: TN Congressman responds, with conviction... [Re: Andy S.]
Vermin93
12 Point

Loc: Dallas, TX & Signal Mtn, TN

shocked Online
Thanks for sharing.

Democrat Congressman Steve Cohen of District 9 (Memphis) has a "F" rating from the NRA.

Democrat Congressman Jim Cooper of District 5 (Nashville) has a "C" rating from the NRA.

All of the other US Representatives from Tennessee are Republicans that have "A" ratings from the NRA, like Congressman Fincher.

I hope everyone here who lives in District 9 or District 5 contacts Congressman Cohen and Congressman Cooper to let them know where you stand on this issue. They are the US Representatives from Tennessee who need to hear it the most.

Edited by Vermin93 (01/25/13 03:44 PM)

#3139212 - 01/25/13 03:57 PM Re: TN Congressman responds, with conviction... [Re: Vermin93]
gasman
8 Point

Loc: South of the Hatchie

Got the same letter. Stephen Fincher truly is a great guy too.

Hunt Hard. Pray Harder.

Page 1 of 1 1

Moderator:  RUGER, Unicam, gtk, Tennessee Todd, Lakeland Charlie, Cuttin Caller, CBU93, stretch, TurkeyBurd, MAN, Bobby G, Kimber45, Crappie Luck 
Hop to:
Top Posters
RUGER
Deer Assassin
BSK
Crappie Luck
spitndrum
Newest Members
buckslayer85, crose84, Fisher 1959, AKeys, GUIDO
13383 Registered Users
Who's Online
195 registered (Timber Ghost, Master Chief, redlegs07, Team Passintime, stringtalker, John Harris, 22 invisible) and 257 anonymous users online.
Forum Stats
13383 Members
42 Forums
95774 Topics
1121280 Posts

Max Online: 788 @ 11/11/13 08:06 PM
Moon Phase
CURRENT MOON
October
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Forum Donations
The TnDeer.Com Deer Talk Forum is for Tennessee Deer Hunters by Tennessee Deer Hunters. If you enjoy using our Talk Forum and would like to contribute to help in it's up-keep. Just submit your contribution by clicking on the DONATE button below and paying with PayPal or a major credit card. Any amount is much appreciated. Thanks for your support!

TN Burn Safe

Generated in 0.046 seconds in which 0.001 seconds were spent on a total of 14 queries. Zlib compression enabled.