Tndeer Logo

Page all of 3 123>
Topic Options
#3138953 - 01/25/13 01:08 PM What kind of ridiculous business is Natchez SS????
pastorbmp
10 Point

Loc: Wartburg,TN

I spent about an hour looking over various trail cameras they had on their website, trying to make a decision about what to buy. Thought on it overnight. I went back to today and compared and finally made a decision. They had some good deals. Entered them into my cart, but when I went to type in address, Would not let me enter TN for state. Got to looking at info on another page - they will not ship to TN , GA or AL!!!! What crazy kind of company is this???

1. Why not put right up front somewhere so people don't waste their time???

2. Why in the world would you not ship to the very state you are located in???

That's over an hour of my life I'll never get back!

1Ti 1:15: ...Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners; of whom I am chief.

#3138967 - 01/25/13 01:17 PM Re: What kind of ridiculous business is Natchez SS???? [Re: pastorbmp]
TAFKAP
14 Point

Loc: Memphis

I can arrange for it to ship to some folks in AR or MS, then ship to you....but I'd imagine that would eliminate any savings you have by ordering through them.

#3138982 - 01/25/13 01:24 PM Re: What kind of ridiculous business is Natchez SS???? [Re: pastorbmp]
Vermin93
12 Point

Loc: Dallas, TX & Signal Mtn, TN

It's unfortunate for Tennessee residents. I have purchased some really great deals from Natchez SS over the years, but I have had everything shipped to my address in Texas.

#3138984 - 01/25/13 01:24 PM Re: What kind of ridiculous business is Natchez SS???? [Re: TAFKAP]
pastorbmp
10 Point

Originally Posted By: TAFKAP
I can arrange for it to ship to some folks in AR or MS, then ship to you....but I'd imagine that would eliminate any savings you have by ordering through them.

Thanks so much for the offer. The cost of shipping twice would negate the benefit. I appreciate it.

1Ti 1:15: ...Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners; of whom I am chief.

#3138993 - 01/25/13 01:30 PM Re: What kind of ridiculous business is Natchez SS???? [Re: pastorbmp]
bigquacks
4 Point

Loc: bristol tn

Did you look at Amazon for the camera? They had the best prices at Christmas she I bought my son's
#3138996 - 01/25/13 01:31 PM Re: What kind of ridiculous business is Natchez SS???? [Re: Vermin93]
pastorbmp
10 Point

Originally Posted By: Vermin93
It's unfortunate for Tennessee residents. I have purchased some really great deals from Natchez SS over the years, but I have had everything shipped to my address in Texas.

I thought about having it shipped to a friend who would be passing through my way. But, you cannot even pay for it with your credit card if you are from TN!!! In many years of doing business on the internet, and buying $1000's of worth of items, I have never seen a business practice like this. Well, they will not be getting any business from me, guess they don't care.

#3139001 - 01/25/13 01:33 PM Re: What kind of ridiculous business is Natchez SS???? [Re: bigquacks]
pastorbmp
10 Point

Originally Posted By: bigquacks
Did you look at Amazon for the camera? They had the best prices at Christmas she I bought my son's

Natchez is running a great deal - two refurbished Primos Truth 35 cameras for $49.99 each. That is an unheard of low price....but, since I'm from TN, I can't take advantage of it!!! Oh well.

#3139019 - 01/25/13 01:45 PM Re: What kind of ridiculous business is Natchez SS???? [Re: pastorbmp]
SALTMAN
8 Point

Loc: Cadiz Ky

Prob has to do with sales taxes .. They don't wanta mess withthem maybe ?
#3139024 - 01/25/13 01:50 PM Re: What kind of ridiculous business is Natchez SS???? [Re: SALTMAN]
W C
10 Point

Loc: Alabama

Natchez wholesales to dealers in TN, AL and other states. They will not sell retail in those states and be in direct competition with their dealers. I'm in AL and can't buy from them either but I do understand their system.

#3139025 - 01/25/13 01:51 PM Re: What kind of ridiculous business is Natchez SS???? [Re: SALTMAN]
ratsnakeboogy
10 Point

Loc: Andersonville, TN

No, nothing to do with sales tax. They supply many outdoor stores in TN, AL, and GA. They have non- compete agreements with them that state they won't sell in these states to the public.
#3139026 - 01/25/13 01:52 PM Re: What kind of ridiculous business is Natchez SS???? [Re: ratsnakeboogy]
ratsnakeboogy
10 Point

Loc: Andersonville, TN

Beat me to it WC.
#3139033 - 01/25/13 01:55 PM Re: What kind of ridiculous business is Natchez SS???? [Re: W C]
pastorbmp
10 Point

Originally Posted By: W C
Natchez wholesales to dealers in TN, AL and other states. They will not sell retail in those states and be in direct competition with their dealers. I'm in AL and can't buy from them either but I do understand their system.

Since that is the case, they should make it clear on every page that they will not sell to folks in those states, so we don't waste our time. Businesses are free to carry out their business however they like, but please - let us know so we don't waste our time!

#3139040 - 01/25/13 01:59 PM Re: What kind of ridiculous business is Natchez SS???? [Re: ratsnakeboogy]
Deer Assassin
dammit
Non-Typical

Loc: Kingston Springs

Originally Posted By: ratsnakeboogy
No, nothing to do with sales tax. They supply many outdoor stores in TN, AL, and GA. They have non- compete agreements with them that state they won't sell in these states to the public.

I buy from them all the time with my CC and ship to louisville to the inlaws and pick it up when i visit

i use their address for ship to and for billing info on card but put it in my name works fine

Spending money I dont have

on things I dont need

to impress people I dont know

#3139049 - 01/25/13 02:03 PM Re: What kind of ridiculous business is Natchez SS???? [Re: Deer Assassin]
pastorbmp
10 Point

Originally Posted By: Deer Assassin
 Originally Posted By: ratsnakeboogy

I buy from them all the time with my CC and ship to louisville to the inlaws and pick it up when i visit

i use their address for ship to and for billing info on card but put it in my name works fine

I might try that. In all honesty, I kinda hate to give them the business, but it is a great deal on cameras.

#3139060 - 01/25/13 02:08 PM Re: What kind of ridiculous business is Natchez SS???? [Re: ratsnakeboogy]
rabbit hunter
14 Point

Loc: Beech Bluff, TN

I experienced the same thing last week with them.

#3139065 - 01/25/13 02:11 PM Re: What kind of ridiculous business is Natchez SS???? [Re: rabbit hunter]
cecil30-30
16 Point

Loc: Morgan Co

I order from them occasionally and have it sent to my uncles house in Lexingotn,Ky,and just pick it up when I go up there or when he comes down here.

Ban Liberals!!! Save America!!!!

#3139079 - 01/25/13 02:21 PM Re: What kind of ridiculous business is Natchez SS???? [Re: cecil30-30]
waynesworld
8 Point

Loc: Mboro, Tennessee

have you tried the people who sell it in tn to see if they will honor the price? Worth a try.
#3139373 - 01/25/13 05:58 PM Re: What kind of ridiculous business is Natchez SS???? [Re: W C]
Coach
16 Point

Loc: Pall Mall, TN and Dexter, MI

This is common when dealers and distributors are concerned...Retailers won't buy from Wholesalers who sell direct to end users...Retailers buy in large quantity...end users buy in small quantities...The idea is...would you rather hire 20 people to package up that pack of shells or have 4 people to ship a pallet...It's not a personal thing, all biz...I've been on both sides of it...so, you could probably find a retailer in TN and buy it for the same price you would buy it for online...minus shipping

Edited by Coach (01/25/13 06:01 PM)

Eventus stultorum magister

Dean Business Supply, Llc

http://www.adam4d.com

#3139388 - 01/25/13 06:05 PM Re: What kind of ridiculous business is Natchez SS???? [Re: Coach]
JA1234
10 Point

Loc: just a hair or two north of th...

A few weeks ago I found a great deal on 9mm ammo they had on sale. I put it in my basket and went to check out and only realized something was up when I couldn't find tn on the drop down box.... I was told they dealt with Chattanooga shooters supply and I could probably get the same deal if a dealer would order for me but I didn't try since I found some local for about a dollar a box more by the time I figured shipping..

Edited by JA1234 (01/25/13 06:15 PM)
Edit Reason: Left out info

#3139390 - 01/25/13 06:07 PM Re: What kind of ridiculous business is Natchez SS???? [Re: Coach]
pastorbmp
10 Point

Originally Posted By: Coach

This is common when dealers and distributors are concerned...Retailers won't buy from Wholesalers who sell direct to end users...Retailers buy in large quantity...end users buy in small quantities...The idea is...would you rather hire 20 people to package up that pack of shells or have 4 people to ship a pallet...It's not a personal thing, all biz...I've been on both sides of it...so, you could probably find a retailer in TN and buy it for the same price you would buy it for online...minus shipping

I understand the concept of retail and wholesale. I have been in business at different times myself. But, I have NEVER seen a situation that if you are from a certain state, you cannot buy from that business. That is a ridiculous manner to conduct your business, if you ask me. Most wholesalers will only sell to businesses. Manufacturers will generally charge a higher price than their retailers to protect their retailers business. But, it seems to me Natchez SS is trying have their cake and eat it to. They are try to be a wholesaler and a retailer - and punishing the people who live in TN, AL, and GA so they can have it both ways. Again, it is a free country, they can run their business how they want. I don't have to spend my money there (matter of fact - I can't spend my money there!)The only request I have, is for them to post in big, bold letters at the top of every page that they do not sell to people in AL, TN and GA, instead of in tiny print, buried at the bottom of the page, so I don't waste almost 2 hours of my life!

#3139396 - 01/25/13 06:12 PM Re: What kind of ridiculous business is Natchez SS???? [Re: pastorbmp]
Coach
16 Point

Loc: Pall Mall, TN and Dexter, MI

Dang Pastor...they ticked you off! Pass the ammunition

Eventus stultorum magister

Dean Business Supply, Llc

http://www.adam4d.com

#3139404 - 01/25/13 06:17 PM Re: What kind of ridiculous business is Natchez SS???? [Re: Coach]
JA1234
10 Point

Hey pastor WWJD. Lol I'm sorry I just had to.
#3139407 - 01/25/13 06:21 PM Re: What kind of ridiculous business is Natchez SS???? [Re: JA1234]
pastorbmp
10 Point

Originally Posted By: JA1234

LOL! If Jesus was from TN, He wouldn't buy from Natechez SS...that's for sure!!!

I let people who waste my precious time aggravate me too much! I need to pray and chill!

LOL!

#3139410 - 01/25/13 06:22 PM Re: What kind of ridiculous business is Natchez SS???? [Re: Coach]
pastorbmp
10 Point

Originally Posted By: Coach
Dang Pastor...they ticked you off! Pass the ammunition

LOL Coach! Naaa...I'm ok. It's all minor stuff. Much more important stuff to concern myself with!

#3139411 - 01/25/13 06:23 PM Re: What kind of ridiculous business is Natchez SS???? [Re: pastorbmp]
JA1234
10 Point

Originally Posted By: pastorbmp
 Originally Posted By: JA1234

LOL! If Jesus was from TN, He wouldn't buy from Natechez SS...that's for sure!!!

I let people who waste my precious time aggravate me too much! I need to pray and chill!

LOL!

\:D \:D

#3139416 - 01/25/13 06:27 PM Re: What kind of ridiculous business is Natchez SS???? [Re: JA1234]
BlackBelt
10 Point

Loc: SouthWest TN

I've been getting Shotgun News magazine for years. Natchez always runs ads in there, and they have always said NO SALES TO TN right there by their phone number.

Sounds like a lot of guys here have found a 'work-around' though.
Where there's a will, there's a way.

#3139437 - 01/25/13 06:46 PM Re: What kind of ridiculous business is Natchez SS???? [Re: BlackBelt]
Bowdacious
Vicious Broomdriver
16 Point

Loc: over here

Originally Posted By: BlackBelt
I've been getting Shotgun News magazine for years. Natchez always runs ads in there, and they have always said NO SALES TO TN right there by their phone number.

Sounds like a lot of guys here have found a 'work-around' though.
Where there's a will, there's a way.

It does say it in the ads but not online until you try to complete the order. I had the same problem. It really should be listed somewhere prominent so you won't waste time looking thru their stuff.

Beware the skillet -----O

#3139443 - 01/25/13 06:53 PM Re: What kind of ridiculous business is Natchez SS???? [Re: Bowdacious]
wayne
8 Point

Loc: Grundy

at the very bottom of the home page for Natchez it says "Offers Not Available In TN,GA, or AL", but I wouldn't have noticed if not for this thread.

http://www.petakillsanimals.com

#3139450 - 01/25/13 07:02 PM Re: What kind of ridiculous business is Natchez SS???? [Re: wayne]
Wildcat
Non-Typical

Loc: Western Ky.

I've been buying from them since I movede back to KY. While in Memphis I knew they would not sell to me.

Page all of 3 123>

Moderator:  RUGER, Unicam, gtk, Tennessee Todd, Lakeland Charlie, Cuttin Caller, CBU93, stretch, TurkeyBurd, MAN, Bobby G, Kimber45, Crappie Luck 
Hop to:
Top Posters
RUGER
Deer Assassin
BSK
Crappie Luck
spitndrum
Newest Members
two1980, Darrenduhl, 2winsrus, jacmac, Smokeymtnbow
13101 Registered Users
Who's Online
4 registered (Southern Sportsman, KubotaM4900, landman, 1 invisible) and 44 anonymous users online.
Forum Stats
13101 Members
42 Forums
88732 Topics
1039046 Posts

Max Online: 788 @ 11/11/13 08:06 PM
Moon Phase
CURRENT MOON
July
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5
6 7 8 9 10 11 12
13 14 15 16 17 18 19
20 21 22 23 24 25 26
27 28 29 30 31
Forum Donations
The TnDeer.Com Deer Talk Forum is for Tennessee Deer Hunters by Tennessee Deer Hunters. If you enjoy using our Talk Forum and would like to contribute to help in it's up-keep. Just submit your contribution by clicking on the DONATE button below and paying with PayPal or a major credit card. Any amount is much appreciated. Thanks for your support!

TN Burn Safe

Generated in 0.526 seconds in which 0.225 seconds were spent on a total of 14 queries. Zlib compression enabled.