Topic Options
#3139490 - 01/25/13 07:20 PM Re: I've come to the a conclusion [Re: TRIGGER]
stik
"Popcorn"
18 Point

Loc: lenoir city,tn

Originally Posted By: TRIGGER
 Originally Posted By: stik
i have said for a loooong time that leasing is the biggest threat to the future of hunting.

Can you explain your thoughts? I'm not doubting you just curious.

there will always be somebody with more money. i am not faulting the landowners at all. and what diehard said.

nothing makes a fish bigger than almost being caught

#3139498 - 01/25/13 07:24 PM Re: I've come to the a conclusion [Re: stik]
TRIGGER
Michael Waddell stunt double
10 Point

Loc: Cunningham TN

Originally Posted By: TRIGGER
i have said for a loooong time that leasing is the biggest threat to the future of hunting.

Can you explain your thoughts? I'm not doubting you just curious.

there will always be somebody with more money. i am not faulting the landowners at all. and what diehard said.

I understand that. I love to hunt as much as anyone but my family and other financial requirements come first of course.

#3139508 - 01/25/13 07:33 PM Re: I've come to the a conclusion [Re: TRIGGER]
timberjack86
14 Point

Loc: Grundy county

I agree with diehard. Thats the very reason I started hunting public land 5 years ago. I wanted to learn how to bag my buck or bird on public land before I lost all my private land. Fortunatley being in the logging buisness helps me make contacts with some landowners who are great people and have been gracious enough to let me hunt.I dont own enough land for me to hunt everyday on and I do forsee a day I will have nowhere else to hunt but public land. Unless I hit the lottery. I have lost great places to hunt that I never dreamed I would lose.

#3140027 - 01/26/13 08:35 AM Re: I've come to the a conclusion [Re: timberjack86]
Diehard Hunter
CRAMP
12 Point

Loc: East Tennessee

content Online
The only solution I see is ......more public land. We need something in place that will allow state agencies (TWRA, TDEC, etc.) to buy land when it comes available. I am afraid the days of cheap long term land leases are pretty much over. We no longer live in a society where anyone wants to contribute to the greater good. Everyone is out for themselves, but that is another rant for another time....they can spend eternity nice and warm as far as I am concerned.

We need to band together, like we have in the past, bite the bullet, and get a habitat stamp passed through the legislature. I envision it costing everyone $20 a year (resident) and $100 non- resident. Everyone that wants to set foot on any of the states public land will have to buy one. I mean everyone, hunters, fishermen, hikers, trail riders, bird watchers......everyone! That money would go into a fund that can then be used to purchase more public lands when they come available.

Page 2 of 2 <12

Moderator:  RUGER, Unicam, gtk, Tennessee Todd, Lakeland Charlie, Cuttin Caller, CBU93, stretch, TurkeyBurd, MAN, Bobby G, Kimber45, Crappie Luck 
Hop to:
Top Posters
RUGER
Deer Assassin
BSK
Crappie Luck
spitndrum
Newest Members
Urban deer Hunter, Mclem135, Cch, Timberninja31, Claims Rep.
13266 Registered Users
Who's Online
114 registered (Recoil, Mossy Oak, eweisner, Deer Whisperer, bass56, fourwheeler431, 10 invisible) and 136 anonymous users online.
Forum Stats
13266 Members
42 Forums
92938 Topics
1086029 Posts

Max Online: 788 @ 11/11/13 08:06 PM
Moon Phase
CURRENT MOON
September
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Forum Donations
The TnDeer.Com Deer Talk Forum is for Tennessee Deer Hunters by Tennessee Deer Hunters. If you enjoy using our Talk Forum and would like to contribute to help in it's up-keep. Just submit your contribution by clicking on the DONATE button below and paying with PayPal or a major credit card. Any amount is much appreciated. Thanks for your support!

TN Burn Safe

Generated in 0.112 seconds in which 0.001 seconds were spent on a total of 14 queries. Zlib compression enabled.