Tndeer Logo

Page 2 of 3 <123>
Topic Options
#3137183 - 01/24/13 10:14 AM Re: Kinda sad [Re: Crosshairy]
Tree Climber
Spike

Loc: West TN

I have always put the date, year, and location of kill on back of my pics because my memory......forgot what I was typing. lol
#3137205 - 01/24/13 10:30 AM Re: Kinda sad [Re: Tree Climber]
Coach
16 Point

Loc: Pall Mall, TN and Dexter, MI

He11, I lose my reading glasses every freakin' hour!! I'm going to invent a beeper or something for those things...if I can remember to do it

Dean Business Supply, Llc

http://www.adam4d.com

#3137228 - 01/24/13 10:49 AM Re: Kinda sad [Re: Coach]
Hunter 257W
10 Point

Loc: Franklin County

Lots of guys have killed way more than me but I absolutely cannot recall which deer was my 1st one. \:\(

So much for the 1st deer being so special, huh?

#3137424 - 01/24/13 12:25 PM Re: Kinda sad [Re: Hunter 257W]
bowriter
Non-Typical

Loc: Lebanon,TN USA

Bull...I can remember my first one clear as day, every detail. But I am having trouble remembering the last one.

Re the picture: I can tell from the boots I was wearing about when it was, within a year or six and I slightly remember the bow. But I'm dang sure not in the ball park with where it was.

I was still shooting Al errors with old Thunderhead 125's but that could be about anytime. I don't much grey in my hair so it was a while back.

Constipation has ruined many a good day. Not as many as stupidity, though.

#3137466 - 01/24/13 12:56 PM Re: Kinda sad [Re: bowriter]
Winchester
Non-Typical

Loc: TN

When going thru my stacks of antlers I sometimes have to really think to figure out when/where i killed some of them, but I have always been able to figure it out so far.
#3138282 - 01/25/13 04:08 AM Re: Kinda sad [Re: Winchester]
10 Point

Loc: Tennessee

What about this bothers you? I thought that was normal. I hope so.

Maybe I should be concerned?

I just loaded 216 pics on my computer to choose which ones to print off for my photo albums.

I have been having a very hard time remembering which deer was which, and a few of them are good bucks.

Thing is, these pictures were only from this, and last seasons.

Talk about sad!

I did finally sort it all out, because I also have video. Some clips during the hunt, most after.

I have kept lots of good records since I started over 30 years ago, not just for good information, but also because it is hard to remember details.
SCAPAS.stay calm and pick a spot.

#3138403 - 01/25/13 07:30 AM Re: Kinda sad [Re: 102]
BlackBelt
10 Point

Loc: SouthWest TN

The last 3 yrs that i've hunted i have kept a hunting journal. After every hunt as soon as i get home i type out a page or two of the days events. From what time i woke up and got on the road, the temps, the animals i saw (not just deer), what time of day i see things move, what times the wind kicked up, if i heard a train off in the distance, just everything that made that day
I have really enjoyed going back through and reading that journal throughout the year.
I imagine i will cherish it more when the day comes that i can no longer hunt.
I include pictures of each days harvest (if any).
If you arent doing this i highly recommend it.
You can also use this to help track deer habits and patterns to help you in coming years.

Edited by BlackBelt (01/25/13 07:32 AM)

#3138869 - 01/25/13 12:10 PM Re: Kinda sad [Re: BlackBelt]
Crosshairy
10 Point

Loc: Bartlett, TN

Originally Posted By: BlackBelt
The last 3 yrs that i've hunted i have kept a hunting journal. After every hunt as soon as i get home i type out a page or two of the days events. From what time i woke up and got on the road, the temps, the animals i saw (not just deer), what time of day i see things move, what times the wind kicked up, if i heard a train off in the distance, just everything that made that day
I have really enjoyed going back through and reading that journal throughout the year.
You can also use this to help track deer habits and patterns to help you in coming years.

That is really cool. I think you're right about cherishing the memories later, and you never know who else will also. On top of all that, can you imagine how great it would be to have such a big chunk of your life well-documented if, heaven forbid, you got in a situation where your memory was impacted?

Heck, that makes me want to write down every good or funny thing that ever happened to me.

#3138885 - 01/25/13 12:27 PM Re: Kinda sad [Re: Crosshairy]
woodsman87
8 Point

Loc: south TN

Originally Posted By: Crosshairy
 Originally Posted By: BlackBelt

That is really cool. I think you're right about cherishing the memories later, and you never know who else will also. On top of all that, can you imagine how great it would be to have such a big chunk of your life well-documented if, heaven forbid, you got in a situation where your memory was impacted?

Heck, that makes me want to write down every good or funny thing that ever happened to me.

that is really cool and would help with the memories and also help to pattern animal movements.
I have hunted so long without doing one It almost seems not worth starting one now.

#3138886 - 01/25/13 12:29 PM Re: Kinda sad [Re: bowriter]
BlountArrow
10 Point

Loc: SouthEast Tenn

Originally Posted By: bowriter
Going through some pictures yesterday and came across one of me with a buck I apparently killed. It is not a huge buck but not bad. Sad part is, I have no idea when or where I killed him.

That sucks.

Sounds like a nice problem to have to me.

Page 2 of 3 <123>

Moderator:  RUGER, Tennessee Todd, Unicam, Cuttin Caller, CBU93, stretch, Bobby G, TurkeyBurd, Kimber45, Mrs.Unicam, Crappie Luck 
Hop to:
Top Posters
RUGER
Deer Assassin
BSK
Crappie Luck
spitndrum
Newest Members
buckslayer85, crose84, Fisher 1959, AKeys, GUIDO
13383 Registered Users
Who's Online
149 registered (bowfisher87, keystonecop, sgtwebb1, big ridge hunter, leader, gatodoc, 14 invisible) and 164 anonymous users online.
Forum Stats
13383 Members
42 Forums
95722 Topics
1120614 Posts

Max Online: 788 @ 11/11/13 08:06 PM
Moon Phase
CURRENT MOON
October
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Forum Donations
The TnDeer.Com Deer Talk Forum is for Tennessee Deer Hunters by Tennessee Deer Hunters. If you enjoy using our Talk Forum and would like to contribute to help in it's up-keep. Just submit your contribution by clicking on the DONATE button below and paying with PayPal or a major credit card. Any amount is much appreciated. Thanks for your support!

TN Burn Safe

Generated in 0.044 seconds in which 0.001 seconds were spent on a total of 15 queries. Zlib compression enabled.