Tndeer Logo

Page 1 of 1 1
Topic Options
#3137602 - 01/24/13 02:23 PM 233 billion barrels of oil discovered in Australia
Crappie Luck Moderator
Non-Typical

Loc: Smith Co.

The discovery in central Australia was reported by Linc Energy to the stock exchange and was based on two consultants reports, though it is not yet known how commercially viable it will be to access the oil.

The reports estimated the company’s 16 million acres of land in the Arckaringa Basin in South Australia contain between 133 billion and 233 billion barrels of shale oil trapped in the region’s rocks.

The find was likened to the Bakken and Eagle Ford shale oil projects in the US, which have resulted in massive outflows and have led to predictions that the US could overtake Saudi Arabia as the world’s largest oil producer as soon as this year.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnew...an-outback.html

WUWT reader John V. Wright in his Tip and Notes submission writes:

This is a huge problem for PM Gillard. No one lives out there so all the usual garbage about shale oil extraction causing earthquakes and threatening people’s home will not wash. So now she has got to get thinking – how can I put the kibosh on this fantastic energy windfall for Australia without it being completely obvious that I am only interested in squeezing every last ‘green’ tax dollar out of the idiots who voted for me last time?

#3138088 - 01/24/13 08:42 PM Re: 233 billion barrels of oil discovered in Australia [Re: Crappie Luck]
FLTENNHUNTER1
16 Point

Loc: Tampa FL

So we along with Australia (an ally for now) would have dang near as much oil as the middle east.

And this administration has declared war on fossil fuels. Perfect.

#3138091 - 01/24/13 08:43 PM Re: 233 billion barrels of oil discovered in Australia [Re: FLTENNHUNTER1]
FLTENNHUNTER1
16 Point

We are on the verge of bankruptcy. Once we can no longer fund our military, someone in the real near future is going to kick our [censored] and take our gas.

#3138102 - 01/24/13 08:49 PM Re: 233 billion barrels of oil discovered in Australia [Re: FLTENNHUNTER1]
sgtwebb1
14 Point

Loc: Ooltewah/Harrison TN, USA

Originally Posted By: FLTENNHUNTER1
We are on the verge of bankruptcy. Once we can no longer fund our military, someone in the real near future is going to kick our [censored] and take our gas.

Funny you said that.

I had a T shirt when I was a young soldier, around 1980-81, had a drawing of a soldier loaded for war, with a nuke symbol superimposed over a pic of Iran, said "Nuke their a-- and take their gas".

Of course, Reagan was President, and us boys felt pretty dang invincible in those days.

Visit my Blog:
Sons of LiberTea Blog

#3138122 - 01/24/13 09:02 PM Re: 233 billion barrels of oil discovered in Australia [Re: sgtwebb1]
FLTENNHUNTER1
16 Point

Originally Posted By: sgtwebb1
 Originally Posted By: FLTENNHUNTER1

Funny you said that.

I had a T shirt when I was a young soldier, around 1980-81, had a drawing of a soldier loaded for war, with a nuke symbol superimposed over a pic of Iran, said "Nuke their a-- and take their gas".

Of course, Reagan was President, and us boys felt pretty dang invincible in those days.

\:D

Karma baby. Now WE have a Muslim Marxist running our country who wants to gut our military, 4 dead heroes in Benghazi, another terrorist attack in Mali that shows the world you can kill Americans without the risk of retaliation, that we are weaker than we ever have been, and we have a ton of oil.

I would think China and Russia smell the blood in the water. We need to make sure we keep our semi-autos, we might be needing them soon.

#3138646 - 01/25/13 09:59 AM Re: 233 billion barrels of oil discovered in Australia [Re: FLTENNHUNTER1]
Rebel
TnDeer Old Timer
12 Point

Loc: East Tennessee USA

Interesting info and good comments. I would have to add that since Australia has now confiscated a lot of it's citizens firearms and given it's proximity to China, the Aussies have far more to fear from China at the moment. If China should lay claim to Australia, we wouldn't have the military ability to help them.

Tolerance is a virtue of those who believe in nothing.

Deo Vindice

Page 1 of 1 1

Moderator:  Crappie Luck, Tennessee Todd, RUGER, Unicam, stretch, Cuttin Caller, Bobby G, Kimber45 
Hop to:
Top Posters
RUGER
Deer Assassin
BSK
Crappie Luck
spitndrum
Newest Members
woodie, Montana10point, sandman064, MossyOak30, fallshollow270
13107 Registered Users
Who's Online
49 registered (CAW, redblood, Deerbuster1996, stryker, Dagger Buck, Rebels20, 6 invisible) and 73 anonymous users online.
Forum Stats
13107 Members
42 Forums
88856 Topics
1039468 Posts

Max Online: 788 @ 11/11/13 08:06 PM
Moon Phase
CURRENT MOON
July
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5
6 7 8 9 10 11 12
13 14 15 16 17 18 19
20 21 22 23 24 25 26
27 28 29 30 31
Forum Donations
The TnDeer.Com Deer Talk Forum is for Tennessee Deer Hunters by Tennessee Deer Hunters. If you enjoy using our Talk Forum and would like to contribute to help in it's up-keep. Just submit your contribution by clicking on the DONATE button below and paying with PayPal or a major credit card. Any amount is much appreciated. Thanks for your support!

TN Burn Safe

Generated in 0.214 seconds in which 0 seconds were spent on a total of 14 queries. Zlib compression enabled.