Tndeer Logo

Page 4 of 4 <1234
Topic Options
#3138308 - 01/25/13 05:41 AM Re: women in the infantry [Re: DirtyBear0311]
BlackBelt
10 Point

Loc: SouthWest TN

Dont forget that majority of voting people have voted the decision makers they wanted into office. This is just another of the decisions that the majority wanted.

Elections have consequences...

#3138354 - 01/25/13 06:47 AM Re: women in the infantry [Re: rdl65]
nodog
4 Point

Loc: Ohio

Originally Posted By: rdl65
Other than trying to keep queers happy, it's the worst mistake the military ever made.

Your very close to the reason.

#3138391 - 01/25/13 07:25 AM Re: women in the infantry [Re: BlackBelt]
nodog
4 Point

Loc: Ohio

Originally Posted By: BlackBelt
Dont forget that majority of voting people have voted the decision makers they wanted into office. This is just another of the decisions that the majority wanted.

Sure they do, it decides which flavor of koolaid people get to drink. What the real consequence is the authority we give away to government 24/7/365. Every day we vote and based on the size and reach of government and the fact that it only gets empowered when we infringe on the freedoms of others for our own gain, we vote wrong about every minute of everyday.

Imagine your free to drive your car without any infringement/government intervention. All you have to do is be concerned for others on the road, not demand you are free to drive like a maniac, drunk. How does government enter into the picture and infringe on freedom? That is exactly the cause and effect of every infringement government has over the people. We The People empower government and we only pick the flavor of the infringement at the booth. Something else people can't seem to quit get, government is and is supposed to be grossly inefficient and abusive of power, that fact of life is supposed to be evident to everyone and supposed to keep people from empowering it. How can we then live when we don't know government is supposed to be the opposite of freedom and freedom is lost when we infringe on the freedoms of others for personal gain?

This combat issue is about advancement, why? Is what a woman has to live with any less than a man? I think a man giving up his life for his country is an enormous sacrifice, but I think what the women left behind have to live with is an even greater sacrifice. They have earned the highest honors in my book. Seems to me an infringement on freedom at the expense of another is the reason woman now are having to suffer with the horrors of war on both ends, risking life and losing a loved one. Let woman advance based on their own sacrifices and the combat issue is over, but remember, military is government and is supposed to be what it is supposed to be. Do I have to tell you of the waste in the military, the abuse of power, the inefficiency?

#3138820 - 01/25/13 11:28 AM Re: women in the infantry [Re: nodog]
DirtyBear0311
8 Point

Loc: Milan, TN

Originally Posted By: nodog
 Originally Posted By: BlackBelt

Sure they do, it decides which flavor of koolaid people get to drink. What the real consequence is the authority we give away to government 24/7/365. Every day we vote and based on the size and reach of government and the fact that it only gets empowered when we infringe on the freedoms of others for our own gain, we vote wrong about every minute of everyday.

Imagine your free to drive your car without any infringement/government intervention. All you have to do is be concerned for others on the road, not demand you are free to drive like a maniac, drunk. How does government enter into the picture and infringe on freedom? That is exactly the cause and effect of every infringement government has over the people. We The People empower government and we only pick the flavor of the infringement at the booth. Something else people can't seem to quit get, government is and is supposed to be grossly inefficient and abusive of power, that fact of life is supposed to be evident to everyone and supposed to keep people from empowering it. How can we then live when we don't know government is supposed to be the opposite of freedom and freedom is lost when we infringe on the freedoms of others for personal gain?

This combat issue is about advancement, why? Is what a woman has to live with any less than a man? I think a man giving up his life for his country is an enormous sacrifice, but I think what the women left behind have to live with is an even greater sacrifice. They have earned the highest honors in my book. Seems to me an infringement on freedom at the expense of another is the reason woman now are having to suffer with the horrors of war on both ends, risking life and losing a loved one. Let woman advance based on their own sacrifices and the combat issue is over, but remember, military is government and is supposed to be what it is supposed to be. Do I have to tell you of the waste in the military, the abuse of power, the inefficiency?

This sounds dangerously close to an anarchists point of view. I think you're very wrong about the role of traditional government in our lives. I also think that women do not hold a monopoly on pain and sorrow while their loved ones are being hurt and killed. I also dont think that the military wife has it worse than the member themselves. I can say this because of talks with my wife about my deployment as well as talks with other military wives about the time while their husbands or boyfriends are deployed. And I can say that there is not many more worse feelings than watching your best friend disappear into a cloud of black smoke with a hint of pink in it and then emerge as something other than what he was when he went into it. Trust me, I have a few friends who experienced that and their sorrow is beyond measure.

Just because it's bad-a** don't mean it's a good idea.

Page 4 of 4 <1234

Moderator:  RUGER, Unicam, gtk, Tennessee Todd, Lakeland Charlie, Cuttin Caller, CBU93, stretch, TurkeyBurd, MAN, Bobby G, Kimber45, Crappie Luck 
Hop to:
Top Posters
RUGER
Deer Assassin
BSK
Crappie Luck
spitndrum
Newest Members
yarddawg54, schiesser, bigdoc, Bggamehunter, willy2763
13605 Registered Users
Who's Online
6 registered (mjac, jmlost, 7mmMag, robinhedd, TeamMainStreet, bigbuck2012) and 70 anonymous users online.
Forum Stats
13605 Members
43 Forums
100233 Topics
1180121 Posts

Max Online: 788 @ 11/11/13 08:06 PM
Moon Phase
CURRENT MOON
December
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30 31
Forum Donations
The TnDeer.Com Deer Talk Forum is for Tennessee Deer Hunters by Tennessee Deer Hunters. If you enjoy using our Talk Forum and would like to contribute to help in it's up-keep. Just submit your contribution by clicking on the DONATE button below and paying with PayPal or a major credit card. Any amount is much appreciated. Thanks for your support!

TN Burn Safe

Generated in 0.007 seconds in which 0.002 seconds were spent on a total of 15 queries. Zlib compression enabled.