Tndeer Logo

Page 4 of 4 <1234
Topic Options
#3138298 - 01/25/13 05:14 AM Re: Last visit with my surgeon [Re: jeff ll]
Hawk
TnDeer Old Timer
12 Point

Loc: west tenn.

Did your employer direct you or reccomend this surgeon to you?

If you need to talk with someone about a course of action let me know.

#3138324 - 01/25/13 06:08 AM Re: Last visit with my surgeon [Re: RUGER]
browtines
8 Point

Loc: kodak, tennessee

Originally Posted By: RUGER
Seems like I need to clarify a few things just in case.

Number one and above all, I do not hold my employer responsible for my situation at all.
I have not and will not ever even consider any kind of legal action against them either.

I got hurt at work through no fault of them or myself really, it just happened and I ruptured my bicep tendon.

I had surgery to repair this and in the process the doctor damaged my radial nerve.
I have lost partial use of my right (dominant) hand because of this.

If, I repeat IF I do consult an attorney it will be because of malpractice by the doctor.

I will go a step further and say if for some crazy reason, if I sue the doctor and it effects my employer in ANY way I will drop it and walk away, period.

I hate the mere thought of even talking to a lawyer, much less taking legal action against anyone, but he did indeed screw up.

I will just see how it all plays out.

In fact the way I understand workers comp, my company is gonna end up paying more because of him and that just ain't right.

Anyway, as everyone has told me, it could be worse so it ain't the end of the world.

Worst part is trying to cast a rod and reel. \:\(

Tired of my beard too, but it is just too dang hard to shave left handed so I let it grow.
Hey, who knows, maybe I will start duck hunting and get to get paid to say fear the beard. \:D

I have more respect for you now than ever before. Someone that has this much respect for an employer makes me feel Better being a business owner. I appreciate someone that understands some things just happen, not employees fault or employers fault, just life. Yes the doctor screwed up, and if you can get that part taken care of then I would defenitly try and do that. But you sir have an A rating in my book and America would be a better place with a few more attitudes like this

Disclaimer...No I am not kissing tail, I don't think I am on tndeer naughty list as of this time.... Thank you.

#3138327 - 01/25/13 06:09 AM Re: Last visit with my surgeon [Re: jeff ll]
Kimber45 Moderator
Peace Maker
16 Point

Loc: Close to Jackson, TN

Ruger the lawyers will TELL you that you have to involve your employer - you do not - however there are obviously incedental costs....so be that.
You've suffered a long term loss and if your surgeon has admitted this, you need to get after them once you have a disability rating. Now, you can research the % of disability yourself and get an average for what's reasonable and settle this without an attorney. In addition to whatever you settle on monetarily - you want to make sure your final paperwork shows the Dr's MP insurance is reposonsible for ANY future medical need costs related to this situation, because unfortunately there can be things down the road as a result.
Even with the incedental costs, your employer will understand why you have to seek damages given you have a long term loss.
Hang in there, read up, study up and make the man who admitted he caused this help you to cover the costs of it moving forward.

Hopefully, somewhere down the road, you'll heal more than they believe you will and be back golfing etc like it never happened!

Edited by Kimber45 (01/25/13 06:10 AM)

#3138380 - 01/25/13 07:19 AM Re: Last visit with my surgeon [Re: jeff ll]
RUGER Administrator
Mouse Killa
Non-Typical

Loc: TN

Originally Posted By: jeff ll
If the dr. never told you would you have ever known he had made a mistake?

Uhhh yeah, when you can't move your hand and you could before he hacked you, yes you know it. ;\)

#3138381 - 01/25/13 07:20 AM Re: Last visit with my surgeon [Re: RUGER]
RUGER Administrator
Mouse Killa
Non-Typical

Loc: TN

browtines,
Thank you sir, I appreciate that.
I have just never understood people that sue the person that pays them.
Talk about biting the hand that feeds ya !!!

Anyway, thanks. \:D

#3138402 - 01/25/13 07:30 AM Re: Last visit with my surgeon [Re: Grizzly Johnson]
farmin68
16 Point

Loc: In a tree clinging to my guns ...

Originally Posted By: Grizzly Johnson
Lawsuit.... damages for pain and suffering.... loss of potential wages due to limited work abilities.... damages due to being handicapped in your abilities to be active with your son and wife.

I agree.

#3138570 - 01/25/13 09:27 AM Re: Last visit with my surgeon [Re: RUGER]
jeff ll
4 Point

Loc: marshall county

Again sorry Ruger.

#3138584 - 01/25/13 09:34 AM Re: Last visit with my surgeon [Re: jeff ll]
fourwheeler431
14 Point

Loc: Powell

You have a permanent injury thru not fault of your own,that will affect your way of life. The person responsible for it should be held accountable for it.

Page 4 of 4 <1234

Moderator:  RUGER, Unicam, gtk, Tennessee Todd, Lakeland Charlie, Cuttin Caller, CBU93, stretch, TurkeyBurd, MAN, Bobby G, Kimber45, Crappie Luck 
Hop to:
Top Posters
RUGER
Deer Assassin
BSK
Crappie Luck
spitndrum
Newest Members
bootsinsand, bigun714, clh200, tlwilliams, Forvols
13179 Registered Users
Who's Online
8 registered (Steele, stik, Inkstainz, ruger7mag, Snake, MarlinSlayer) and 56 anonymous users online.
Forum Stats
13179 Members
42 Forums
91002 Topics
1063437 Posts

Max Online: 788 @ 11/11/13 08:06 PM
Moon Phase
CURRENT MOON
August
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Forum Donations
The TnDeer.Com Deer Talk Forum is for Tennessee Deer Hunters by Tennessee Deer Hunters. If you enjoy using our Talk Forum and would like to contribute to help in it's up-keep. Just submit your contribution by clicking on the DONATE button below and paying with PayPal or a major credit card. Any amount is much appreciated. Thanks for your support!

TN Burn Safe

Generated in 0.043 seconds in which 0.001 seconds were spent on a total of 15 queries. Zlib compression enabled.