Tndeer Logo

Page 1 of 3 123>
Topic Options
#3137813 - 01/24/13 05:12 PM Should Stevie Wonder be able to buy a gun?
Encore Eye Candy
10 Point

Loc: 2 Chron. 7:14: Refs signature

http://www.glennbeck.com/2013/01/24/should-stevie-wonder-be-able-to-buy-a-gun/

Watch the video,

Heated debate broke out on radio today as to whether or not a blind person should be able to own a gun or not. Should disability mean a loss of your constitutional rights? Or should common sense be applied and not let people who cannot see walk around carrying weapons? Glenn, who argued for the former, believed he could convince people who didnít think blind people should have guns that he was right, and he could do it in less than five sentences.

During a quick interview with CNNís Piers Morgan, Stevie Wonder said, ďAnd I was talking to one of my friends, and I said, you know, you should go get me a gun, let me go with you to get a gun, and then I can show how easy it is for me to get a gun. Then imagine me with a gun. Itís just crazy. I think we have to do something about it.Ē

Is he right? Is it crazy for a blind person to have a gun? Glenn didnít think so, and he had five sentences to prove his argument.

What were the five sentences?
ďInalienable rightsĒ mean that theyíre rights that come from God and cannot be taken from you. The right to bear arms is about protecting yourself and self‑defense as long as you are a law‑abiding citizen. Itís not about shooting sports but self‑defense. Is there any reason to believe that Stevie Wonder is not a law‑abiding citizen or insane? Who are you to take the right that was given by God away from somebody who is law‑abiding and a responsible citizen?

While Glenn makes a sound argument, Pat was not convinced and a heated debated ensued.

PAT: First of all, we have limits on all our inalienable rights. None of them are limitless rights. The right to free speech is not limitless. This, the example thatís always cited is you canít scream ďfireĒ in a movie theater.

GLENN: Absolutely.

PAT: Because you could harm others.

GLENN: Hang on. But we do not put gags in peopleís mouths when they walk into a theater.

PAT: I know, but there are common sense things that you have to take into consideration like ‑‑

GLENN: So do we.

PAT: ‑‑ what will this person do with a gun when he has it when he canít see what heís shooting at?

GLENN: Iím sorry. But I donít ‑‑ I donít know that we make a blanket law like that. I donít ‑‑ Iím ‑‑ who are you to say that?

PAT: Can we make a blanket law that you canít drive?

GLENN: If I have a ‑‑ do I just say, ďHey, anybody with Touretteís canít go into a movie theaterĒ because I donít know. They might scream out ďfire! Fire!Ē They say the most inappropriate thing at the most inappropriate time. So do we just say, ďOkay, just blanket law. I know everybody can go, has freedom of speech, but you people with Touretteís, you might say something that is really inappropriate and against the law.Ē Do we do that?

PAT: No, but thatís ‑‑ thatís a silly example. Because weíre talking about ‑‑

GLENN: No, itís not a silly example. Excuse me.

PAT: Weíre talking about common sense. And common sense says that youíve got a deadly weapon in the hands of somebody who canít see what theyíre shooting at.

GLENN: Why is it against the law to yell fire in a movie theater? Because it will cause panic and people will trample people to death.

PAT: Uh‑huh.

GLENN: So itís a deadly weapon. The tongue is a pretty powerful weapon.

PAT: Thatís just silly.

GLENN: No, it is not silly.

When Pat argued that blind people would not know what they were looking at, Glenn got even more riled.

ďYou donít know what youíre looking at,Ē Pat said.

ďYouíve turned me around. Thatís why we should not let blind people on sidewalks because if theyíre by themselves without a dog, how can they possibly ever cross the street? They canít cross the street. They canít see cars coming. They donít even know whatís out in the street. We teach our kids right from birth practically, look both ways. They canít look both ways. Letís not let them on the sidewalk, they can never go on the street,Ē Glenn said.

The argument continued throughout the show, with Glenn

ďI am not taking away somebodyís right to own a gun and use it in self‑defense, unless they are an irresponsible person that has proven themselves to be irresponsible because of insanity or because theyíre not a law‑abiding citizen,Ē Glenn said.

The argument continued throughout the show, but eventually in the second hour everyone arrived roughly in the same place on the issue:

GLENN: So Pat said he was torn on it. Stu said he was torn on it. And I made the case last hour that you shouldnít be torn on it. Stevie Wonder is a law‑abiding citizen, heís an intelligent human being, heís a responsible human being, heís wrong on a lot of stuff but heís a responsible human being. Stevie Wonderís not going to go into a gun store and buy a gun and then just be like, ďLook at me. Iím the blind man with a gun, pow, pow, pow.Ē Thereís nobody who is buying a gun that is reasonable that doesnít understand that is a deadly weapon. Thatís why we donít let kids go in and buy guns. Because you have to have a certain level of understanding.

Now, thereís a lot of people that I donít think should have a gun but as long as theyíre not breaking the law, as long as they have not proven themselves to be grossly irresponsible, I canít take that away. I canít take away their inalienable right for self‑defense.

PAT: And I think weíve all now arrived at that same place, right?

GLENN: You canít ‑‑

PAT: Iím there, yes. Itís ‑‑

GLENN: And Pat ‑‑ and Stu is there. Jeffy, are you there?

JEFFY: Iím sorry. What?

GLENN: Are you listening to Imus again? Are you ‑‑ are you there

JEFF: Yes.

GLENN: Yes.

JEFFY: Yes.

GLENN: All right. Thank you. Jeez, for the love of Pete.

#3137821 - 01/24/13 05:22 PM Re: Should Stevie Wonder be able to buy a gun? [Re: Encore Eye Candy]
Coach
16 Point

Loc: Pall Mall, TN and Dexter, MI

Very superstitious

Dean Business Supply, Llc

http://www.adam4d.com

#3137825 - 01/24/13 05:24 PM Re: Should Stevie Wonder be able to buy a gun? [Re: Encore Eye Candy]
Kirk
Cerebral Assassin
16 Point

Loc: Cleveland, TN USA

Ray Charles had a gun.

#3137836 - 01/24/13 05:31 PM Re: Should Stevie Wonder be able to buy a gun? [Re: Coach]
in the dog house!
14 Point

Loc: west tn

Originally Posted By: Coach
Very superstitious

\:D \:D you crack me up Coach

Μολων λαβε

#3137839 - 01/24/13 05:32 PM Re: Should Stevie Wonder be able to buy a gun? [Re: Coach]
Coach
16 Point

Beck actually had a format but sucked at presenting it...and the arrogant sob knew it...I'm not a big Uncle Ted fan but, Uncle Ted would have roasted him

#3137840 - 01/24/13 05:33 PM Re: Should Stevie Wonder be able to buy a gun? [Re: in the dog house!]
Coach
16 Point

Originally Posted By: in the dog house!
 Originally Posted By: Coach
Very superstitious

\:D \:D you crack me up Coach

#3138001 - 01/24/13 07:34 PM Re: Should Stevie Wonder be able to buy a gun? [Re: Coach]
fishboy1
16 Point

Loc: Warren Co

Yes. He IS and should be allowed to own a firearm provided he has not been found to be mentally incompetent or convicted felon.

He is an adult citizen of the US. The default thought process (unless proven otherwise) is that a RESPONSIBLE adult should be able to exercise their rights without supervision.

Realistically, a firearm would have very limited use for a blind person. BUT that is NO REASON to deprive a person of their inalienable rights.

I can own an airplane. It is of very limited use to me since I don't know how to fly and cant afford a pilot. Any reason there should be a law against me owning one?

#3138012 - 01/24/13 07:43 PM Re: Should Stevie Wonder be able to buy a gun? [Re: fishboy1]
Crappie Luck Moderator
Non-Typical

Loc: Smith Co.

#3138157 - 01/24/13 09:25 PM Re: Should Stevie Wonder be able to buy a gun? [Re: fishboy1]
Wildcat
Non-Typical

Loc: Western Ky.

Originally Posted By: fishboy1
Yes. He IS and should be allowed to own a firearm provided he has not been found to be mentally incompetent or convicted felon.

He is an adult citizen of the US. The default thought process (unless proven otherwise) is that a RESPONSIBLE adult should be able to exercise their rights without supervision.

Realistically, a firearm would have very limited use for a blind person. BUT that is NO REASON to deprive a person of their inalienable rights.

I can own an airplane. It is of very limited use to me since I don't know how to fly and cant afford a pilot. Any reason there should be a law against me owning one?

Fishboy is right.

#3138180 - 01/24/13 09:46 PM Re: Should Stevie Wonder be able to buy a gun? [Re: Crappie Luck]
FLTENNHUNTER1
16 Point

Loc: Tampa FL

content Online
 Originally Posted By: Crappie Luck

\:D \:D \:D \:D

Now THAT is funny

Page 1 of 3 123>

Moderator:  RUGER, Unicam, gtk, Tennessee Todd, Lakeland Charlie, Cuttin Caller, CBU93, stretch, TurkeyBurd, MAN, Bobby G, Kimber45, Crappie Luck 
Hop to:
Top Posters
RUGER
Deer Assassin
BSK
Crappie Luck
spitndrum
Newest Members
Mik475, AaronB, Bad Wolf, jw3783, Jesse91
13279 Registered Users
Who's Online
68 registered (MUP, Jcov, BigGameGuy, RKenney, Nealmeally, Master Chief, 10 invisible) and 116 anonymous users online.
Forum Stats
13279 Members
42 Forums
93217 Topics
1089585 Posts

Max Online: 788 @ 11/11/13 08:06 PM
Moon Phase
CURRENT MOON
September
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Forum Donations
The TnDeer.Com Deer Talk Forum is for Tennessee Deer Hunters by Tennessee Deer Hunters. If you enjoy using our Talk Forum and would like to contribute to help in it's up-keep. Just submit your contribution by clicking on the DONATE button below and paying with PayPal or a major credit card. Any amount is much appreciated. Thanks for your support!

TN Burn Safe

Generated in 0.098 seconds in which 0.001 seconds were spent on a total of 15 queries. Zlib compression enabled.