Tndeer Logo

Page 1 of 1 1
Topic Options
#3137788 - 01/24/13 04:53 PM Finally got a response from Corker
in the dog house!
14 Point

Loc: west tn

Dear Mr,

Thank you for taking the time to contact my office regarding the tragic shooting at Sandy Hook Elementary and the issue of gun control. Your input is important to me, and I appreciate the time you took to share your thoughts.

Like any parent, I was heartbroken to hear about this tragedy, and like other Tennesseans, I have the victims and families in my thoughts and prayers. Given such an unspeakable act of violence perpetrated on children, it's appropriate to talk about what we're doing to keep our communities safe, recognizing the issues involved are complex, especially when it comes to identifying and acting upon the warning signs that always seem to precede these incidents.

While I have always believed that it is critical to ensure that firearms are kept out of the hands of those who have lost their constitutional right to firearm possession, the right to own firearms for shooting, hunting, and self-protection is important to me as a Tennessean and as an American. Should legislation dealing with our Second Amendment rights come before the Senate, I will certainly take your concerns into consideration. I also wanted to share the steps I have taken to protect our Second Amendment rights in the attached "Policy Points" document.

Thank you again for your letter. I hope you will continue to share your thoughts with me.

Sincerely,

Bob Corker
United States Senator

He also sent a PDF File...... I will see if I can post it.

Μολων λαβε

#3137801 - 01/24/13 05:00 PM Re: Finally got a response from Corker [Re: in the dog house!]
in the dog house!
14 Point

Loc: west tn

Bob Corker’s Policy Points
Compiled by the Legislative Team of U.S. Senator Bob Corker

Protecting Your Right to Bear Arms
As a hunter and sportsman, Senator Bob Corker is a strong advocate for the Second
Amendment. He believes the Constitution provides law abiding citizens the freedom to keep
and bear arms.
 Support for an Individual Right.
Senator Corker supports the recent U.S. Supreme Court decisions striking down DC and Chicago
gun laws and affirming that gun ownership is an
individual right protected throughout our country.

 Support for Restoring the Second Amendment.
Senator Corker was one of the original Cosponsors of
S.1001, a 2007 bill to restore Second Amendment
rights in the District of Columbia. At that time, the
citizens of Washington DC were required to register all
privately owned firearms and possession of a handgun
within the Washington DC city limits was prohibited.
This bill would have allowed the ownership of a
firearm, including a handgun, in Washington DC.
Prohibit funding for groups who infringe on the
Second Amendment. Senator Corker voted for an
amendment that would prohibit any funding to foreign
organizations that infringe upon the Second
Amendment rights of lawful American citizens.
rights of law-abiding American
citizens, and in the Senate I will be a
consistent voice for the Second
Amendment and fight attempts to

 Prohibit funding for groups who infringe on the
Second Amendment. Senator Corker voted for an
amendment that would prohibit any funding to foreign
organizations that infringe upon the Second
Amendment rights of lawful American citizens.

 Support for Gun Manufacturers and Dealers.
Senator Corker was a Cosponsor of the BATFE
Reform and Firearms Modernization Act and the
Firearms Fairness and Affordability Act. These two bills would ease several of the unnecessary
and unfair burdens of complying with federal licensing and tax laws for firearm manufacturers
and dealers.

 Support for Conceal and Carry Laws. Senator Corker voted for an amendment that supports
state conceal and carry laws by allowing people to carry concealed weapons in National Parks
and Refuges if state laws allow it. He also voted for an amendment that would allow those with
a permit to carry a concealed firearm in one state to do so in another state in accordance with the
laws of that state.

 Support for National Shooting Sports Foundation. Senator Corker supported the nomination
of a National Shooting Sports Foundation representative to be appointed to the Defense Trade
Advisory Group to represent the interests of small arms manufacturers. This appointment will
protect the interests of small arms manufactures within this group.

“I am committed to safeguarding the
rights of law-abiding American
citizens, and in the Senate I will be a
consistent voice for the Second
Amendment and fight attempts to
weaken those rights that are granted
in the Constitution.”
- Senator Bob Corker

Μολων λαβε

Page 1 of 1 1

Moderator:  RUGER, Unicam, gtk, Tennessee Todd, Lakeland Charlie, Cuttin Caller, CBU93, stretch, TurkeyBurd, MAN, Bobby G, Kimber45, Crappie Luck 
Hop to:
Top Posters
RUGER
Deer Assassin
BSK
Crappie Luck
spitndrum
Newest Members
swampdonkey83, chrisp711, DEH20, tomtalker, jg12
13193 Registered Users
Who's Online
61 registered (Ken45, Big Pop, BuckDropper, 53caddy, Big Buck, Unicam, 12 invisible) and 109 anonymous users online.
Forum Stats
13193 Members
42 Forums
91313 Topics
1067452 Posts

Max Online: 788 @ 11/11/13 08:06 PM
Moon Phase
CURRENT MOON
August
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Forum Donations
The TnDeer.Com Deer Talk Forum is for Tennessee Deer Hunters by Tennessee Deer Hunters. If you enjoy using our Talk Forum and would like to contribute to help in it's up-keep. Just submit your contribution by clicking on the DONATE button below and paying with PayPal or a major credit card. Any amount is much appreciated. Thanks for your support!

TN Burn Safe

Generated in 0.048 seconds in which 0.001 seconds were spent on a total of 14 queries. Zlib compression enabled.