Tndeer Logo

Page 4 of 4 <1234
Topic Options
#3136101 - 01/23/13 01:51 PM Re: Can't believe what we were told! [Re: Bowdacious]
pressfit
10 Point

Loc: Giles Co. Tn

I dont know if I wouldnt take their advise.. quit your jobs.. and move away from them!!

#3136127 - 01/23/13 02:06 PM Re: Can't believe what we were told! [Re: pressfit]
waynesworld
8 Point

Loc: Mboro, Tennessee

No better yet call them up and tell them you are taking there advice and quieting your job and you will be expecting them to take care of all your bills from now on. \:\)
#3136221 - 01/23/13 03:36 PM Re: Can't believe what we were told! [Re: waynesworld]
woodchuckc
8 Point

Loc: Hickman County, TN

Hip replacement rehab is not as bad as knee replacement rehab, but if your MIL wants to have a good long-term outcome from her surgery it is critical that she rehabs properly (I had one of my hips replaced 5 years ago at age 48). In the situation you describe, it sounds like staying at the rehab place would be the best option.

As for the situation with your other in-laws, it sounds like there will be some hard feelings either way. Your relationship with your wife is the most important thing - if you tell them to go pound sand and your wife doesn't feel the same way, that will not be good for your relationship long term. Ultimately you have to do what is best for you and your wife.

Edited by woodchuckc (01/23/13 03:36 PM)

#3136353 - 01/23/13 05:34 PM Re: Can't believe what we were told! [Re: woodchuckc]
Deer Whisperer
10 Point

Loc: Murfreesboro, TN

Let me tell you what is going on behind the scenes with your BIL and SIL.
They don't want your MIL to stay in assisted living because she will be spending all THEIR inheritance.
Now that the parents health is going down hill, the SIL will slip in and sweet talk the MIL into giving her power of attorney. This will be so she can manipulate every situation to their advantage.
When the parents are gone, they will already be on THEIR property. They stonewall any efforts to sell the property and devide the proceeds. This will take a court order.
All others will have to fight for their shares.
Also, they will loot the MILs house of anything they want when the time comes.
I've seen this happen with several families. Get ready.

#3136399 - 01/23/13 06:13 PM Re: Can't believe what we were told! [Re: Deer Whisperer]
Wildcat
Non-Typical

Loc: Western Ky.

Originally Posted By: Deer Whisperer
Let me tell you what is going on behind the scenes with your BIL and SIL.
They don't want your MIL to stay in assisted living because she will be spending all THEIR inheritance.
Now that the parents health is going down hill, the SIL will slip in and sweet talk the MIL into giving her power of attorney. This will be so she can manipulate every situation to their advantage.
When the parents are gone, they will already be on THEIR property. They stonewall any efforts to sell the property and devide the proceeds. This will take a court order.
All others will have to fight for their shares.
Also, they will loot the MILs house of anything they want when the time comes.
I've seen this happen with several families. Get ready.

Crow,

He's right. I've seen it happen a dozen times. They do NOT want to lose the land they live on. The minute they have to start PAYING then they lose their two yearly vacations and more.

You did post that they kind of wanted you and you wife to "quit your jobs" and take care of the MIL. They have already in their minds cut you out of the will, not your MIL but the other in laws. You and your wife need to start thinking about this and maybe ever talk to your MIL.

#3136511 - 01/23/13 07:23 PM Re: Can't believe what we were told! [Re: Grizzly Johnson]
Bone Collector
14 Point

Loc: Murfreesboro, TN

Seems to me they owe you MIL. Seems your MIL should be the one to say, "I watch your kids for free, if you don;t help me, I will not watch your kids anymore."

then they an go get daycare like my wife and I and pay roughly $700 a month, and see how they like that.

“There are hunters and there are victims. By your discipline, cunning, obedience and alertness, you will decide if you are a hunter or a victim.”
General James Mattis

#3137624 - 01/24/13 02:32 PM Re: Can't believe what we were told! [Re: Crow Terminator]
JeepKuntry
16 Point

Loc: Clinton, TN

I would have told them to piss up a rope on the spot. You could help out with MIL, but no way should you quit your job. If they haven't paid your MIL, they should pay somebody part time to care for her. And there cheap arses can pony up for daycare. Most of us pay that price. I don't like paying $131/week for child care, but both me and my work and neither one of us wants to be a stay at home parent.

Edited by JeepKuntry (01/24/13 02:33 PM)

#3137653 - 01/24/13 02:49 PM Re: Can't believe what we were told! [Re: JeepKuntry]
chunkandwind
8 Point

Loc: mckenzie,tn

Tell them you and your wife will quit your jobs and take care of mom and babysit their kids for 100k a year.

Keep calm and brew beer.
Grow Organic! I can show you how.

#3137816 - 01/24/13 05:19 PM Re: Can't believe what we were told! [Re: chunkandwind]
reloaderman
4 Point

Loc: tennessee

crowterminator, you are ALOT more easy going than i am!! if my inlaws told me something like that i would have told them to take their opinion and stick it up their #@#!!
Page 4 of 4 <1234

Moderator:  RUGER, Unicam, gtk, Tennessee Todd, Lakeland Charlie, Cuttin Caller, CBU93, stretch, TurkeyBurd, MAN, Bobby G, Kimber45, Crappie Luck 
Hop to:
Top Posters
RUGER
Deer Assassin
BSK
Crappie Luck
spitndrum
Newest Members
TboneD, sbhockey, ZachA, DocT, Raegan
13202 Registered Users
Who's Online
10 registered (levergunner, BamaProud, dogman, Horsefly23, bull, Hoss, 1 invisible) and 46 anonymous users online.
Forum Stats
13202 Members
42 Forums
91544 Topics
1070145 Posts

Max Online: 788 @ 11/11/13 08:06 PM
Moon Phase
CURRENT MOON
August
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Forum Donations
The TnDeer.Com Deer Talk Forum is for Tennessee Deer Hunters by Tennessee Deer Hunters. If you enjoy using our Talk Forum and would like to contribute to help in it's up-keep. Just submit your contribution by clicking on the DONATE button below and paying with PayPal or a major credit card. Any amount is much appreciated. Thanks for your support!

TN Burn Safe

Generated in 0.04 seconds in which 0.001 seconds were spent on a total of 15 queries. Zlib compression enabled.