Tndeer Logo

Page 10 of 10 « First<678910
Topic Options
#3137265 - 01/24/13 11:13 AM Re: What is the STRANGEST thing you have ever seen?? [Re: Coach]
Grizzly Johnson
Team Grizzly
16 Point

Loc: Tennessee

The water snakes we have around here, we grew up hearing them called banded water snakes.... \:\)

I have seen two UFO's probably 15 years between each event.... Both times there was NO sound.... irregular movements so I know it wasn't an aircraft or helicopter.... The first one was high enough in the sky I couldn't see a shape, only lights..... the second was in a large trianglar shape with white lights on the corners.... I was out in the country both times and all was quiet... Can't explain it... the second instance my stepson was witness to it.. happened in the Beech Grove, Tn. area.

#3137298 - 01/24/13 11:27 AM Re: What is the STRANGEST thing you have ever seen?? [Re: Grizzly Johnson]
Poser
Mud Dauber
16 Point

content Online
I dated this chic in high school who had a younger brother. He came home from hunting one morning and he was white as a ghost, shaking and extremely paranoid. He later said that, in the pre dawn hours, he watched a ship land in a field, humanoid looking creatures exit and mill around for awhile before loading back up and flying off. No sound and not enough light to make out details.

Wild & crazy, can't be stopped. Only the strong will survive.

Keep your knife sharp and your skillet greasy.

http://www.GoCarnivore.com

#3137302 - 01/24/13 11:28 AM Re: What is the STRANGEST thing you have ever seen?? [Re: Coach]
Rockhound
10 Point

Loc: Lawrence Co. TN

content Online
One night me and a buddy were riding down a back road after i had gotten off work, we crossed a small bridge and started up a hill. I was looking at my phone and heard him say, what the f....? Looked up and there was this jet black critter walking across the road. This thing looked to be about 6 ft long with not counting the tail but i dunno how long the tail really was, and would have been from paw to top of back at least 3-1/2-4 ft. This thing slouched across the road into the ditch and turned back and set down on its haunches. I was hollering to stop and my buddy had slowed down to about 15 mph and was so in "awe" he wouldn't stop or say a word. When we went by this thing was staring in the window not 2 feet from the window itself. It had the sharpest green eyes of anything i have ever seen and there was no light shining on it at all at that point.

By the time i got him to paying attention and turned around it was gone, i honestly have no clue what it was. And no im not saying black panther, because i have no clue what it was or could be, but i had never and haven't since seen anything even close to it again.
Isaiah 40:31.... Those who wait upon The Lord .....shall renew there strength ......

#3137314 - 01/24/13 11:33 AM Re: What is the STRANGEST thing you have ever seen?? [Re: Grizzly Johnson]
SilverFox
12 Point

Loc: Kodak TN

shocked Online
The strangest thing I've seen I guess was a Meteor. I was coon hunting in South Carolina one night. No moon and we were standing around the trucks in a field that was probably 800-1000 yards long planted in wheat. When it went across the sky it turned daylight for a second or two. I could see the other end of the field and everything else as if it was the middle of the day. There were 5 or 6 of us standing around that night. I saw the blur of what ever it was that went across us and it appeared to leave a trail... But with no moon that night I can't be sure.

The next morning I talked to one of the guys from work who was 60 or so miles from us down on the beach with his family after looking at Christmas lights when I would guess the same thing went across them and out across the ocean. He had the same story about the amount of light given off by it.

#3137340 - 01/24/13 11:45 AM Re: What is the STRANGEST thing you have ever seen?? [Re: Rockhound]
Rockhound
10 Point

Loc: Lawrence Co. TN

content Online
Another instance that was strange at the time, 14 yrs ago my brother was 15 and i was 9 . We had rode down to the creek on my road and were wade fishing for black perch and such.

We heard some rustling up on the hill and about 20 yds away were some kind of animals rooting around in the leaves, there was 7 of them, 2 big and 5 little ones. We had no clue what they were and we watched them for an hour before they wandered off.

We came home and described what we had seen to my dad. He told us we were crazy and found a picture of an armadillo, and asked if thats what we had seen. We said yes and the laughter ensued, he told everyone and everyone around town made fun of us for a while. A couple months later a couple armadillos came up run over in the same area and we made dang sure everybody eat their fair share of crow!

Now the 'dillos are so thick you have to kick them out of the way to walk in the woods. I killed about 50 in a 3 month span a couple years ago just to see how many i could kill.
Isaiah 40:31.... Those who wait upon The Lord .....shall renew there strength ......

#3137363 - 01/24/13 11:56 AM Re: What is the STRANGEST thing you have ever seen?? [Re: Poser]
WMAn
8 Point

Loc: Williamson County

Originally Posted By: Poser
I dated this chic in high school who had a younger brother. He came home from hunting one morning and he was white as a ghost, shaking and extremely paranoid. He later said that, in the pre dawn hours, he watched a ship land in a field, humanoid looking creatures exit and mill around for awhile before loading back up and flying off. No sound and not enough light to make out details.

Poser,

What about your hang glider like object flying over the tops of the trees in the dark story? Am I remembering right? Didn't you see something like this?

#3137392 - 01/24/13 12:13 PM Re: What is the STRANGEST thing you have ever seen?? [Re: Rockhound]
GRAMPS
14 Point

Loc: Mount Carmel, TN

I have a strange story of something that happened to a friend of mine that was hunting with me.

Happened about fifteen years ago at Tennessee National Refuge near Big Sandy. We had hunted there for a few years and were hunting in a new area that we had never hunted before. I had suffered a heart attack a couple of years before so the two of us were now carrying two way radios in case I needed help dragging out a deer.

I was hunting in a thicket and kept having an uneasy feeling that I was being watched. My buddy was about half a mile away watching a hollow filled with brush. He suddenly started yelling on the radio for me to come to the truck right away! I was wondering if he had hurt himself so I climbed down from my stand and carried it to the truck. I found my friend sitting in my truck with both doors locked and still holding his loaded rifle.

When I saw his face was white as a sheet, I asked him what was wrong? He started yelling that we needed to leave as soon as possible! He did not calm down until we left the refuge. As we were driving down the road to where we had rented a cabin, my friend finally told me what had happened. Seems he was sitting there watching for deer when all the squirrels around him suddenly started going wild. He thought that a deer might be comming thru the woods when he suddenly saw a creature (he just called it a booger) about eight feet talk and covered with long dark hair walking up the hollow that he was watching. When I asked why it did not shoot it, his reply was "I didn't think that I had enough gun!" He had ran all the way back to my truck and locked himself in before yelling at me on the radio. He then said he would never go back there again to hunt (he has kept that promise) and that I was crazy for walking into the woods in the dark and walking back out after dark. When he hunts now, he waits until daylight to walk in and leaves before dark.

I have known this fellow for about forty years and have never known him to tell a lie. He has refused to ever talk about this again.

#3137557 - 01/24/13 01:46 PM Re: What is the STRANGEST thing you have ever seen?? [Re: GRAMPS]
TNtrapper
Good ol' Boys
6 Point

Loc: Henry co.

About 10 years ago the wife and I bought a farm down the road from us that had an old farm house on it. Being as we lived just down the road we decided that we would remodel the house in our spare time and try to sell it and pay what it brought on the farm note. It was a nice old house built in the 20s that ended up needing a lot more work than we expected....but anyway the old couple that had lived there had recently both passed away and the children decided to sell it. As time went on and the remodeling came close to being completed we decided to move in the old house for a while and put our place on the market to see if we could get any bites. Wouldnt ya know it it sold in a week and we HAD to move in. Things around the house were fine for about a week or so after we moved in...but we started noticing that things were being moved around during the day. Nothing big...but things like the cabinet doors all being open when we came home and my truck keys kept disappearing and would turn up in odd places. At the time my wife was pregnant with our third son, and after he was born things got a little weird. We had his crib on my wifes side of the bed to where she could tend to him at night when he would wake up. Every night my wife would swaddle him up and lay him with his head facing the same way as ours in the crib to where she could peek up and see him sleeping during the night. EVERY night when he would cry out she would roll over and he was turned completely around in the crib with his head facing the opposite way. There is no way he could have moved...swaddled up at 1 week old. This went on every night. At one time we both stayed up in shifts to see what was going on. On those nights everything was fine. No movement. But as soon as one of us would drift off for a little bit and wake up to look....he was moved again. This really freaked my wife out and unsettled myself as well. I noticed that during this time when we would come home late and enter the house I just had a feeling of dread when I walked in the door. Couldnt explain it....but it was like the hairs on the back of my neck would stand up. During all of this my oldest son who was 4 at the time started talking during the night. I would wake and hear someone talking down the hall. On several occasions I would get up and creep down the hall to my sons room and he would be sitting up in the bed talking. When we would ask him who he was talking to he would point up at the ceiling fan and say that man. I played it off as being that he had woke up and was talking in his sleep....but things were starting to get weird for me. As time went on and my youngest son had gotten big enough to sleep in his own bed things calmed down. I guess two years went by and it started in the kitchen. We would all be seated at the table eating supper and the door to the back porch...which was right behind the kitchen table would open and shut itself. It got to the point that when it would happen my wife would turn around and say "well just come on in!" Several different times we had guests over for supper and it would happen. I guess they all thought we were crazy but it really got to where we didn't even pay attention anymore. It was funny as the doorhandle would turn, the door would open as if someone was walking through, and then it would shut. One afternoon we had a visit from one of the previous owners children and out of curiosity we asked if anything "weird" had happened while they were growing up in the house. They replied that nothing out of the ordinary had happened while they were there. They did go on to tell us that back in the 50s they had an aunt that had moved in with them and she had a newborn die unexpectedly in her room....that just so happened to be the room that we slept in. They also told us that their grandaddy has been killed by a tractor in the old shed that was right next to the house. We ended up selling the old house to a couple and building a new house back on our original farm back down the road. To this day they still live there and have never mentioned anything going on in the house. I really never believed in the supernatural before moving in there....but now I can honestly say there just might be something to it.

#3137669 - 01/24/13 03:05 PM Re: What is the STRANGEST thing you have ever seen?? [Re: TNtrapper]
Grizzly Johnson
Team Grizzly
16 Point

Wow man, that is freaky!!!

Page 10 of 10 « First<678910

Moderator:  RUGER, Unicam, gtk, Tennessee Todd, Lakeland Charlie, Cuttin Caller, CBU93, stretch, TurkeyBurd, MAN, Bobby G, Kimber45, Crappie Luck 
Hop to:
Top Posters
RUGER
Deer Assassin
BSK
Crappie Luck
spitndrum
Newest Members
Litemup80, five by five, Doe1961, OfficerBuck, rapalabuck
13311 Registered Users
Who's Online
173 registered (landman, darn2ten, WG3, SALTMAN, leader, cdw338, 19 invisible) and 185 anonymous users online.
Forum Stats
13311 Members
42 Forums
94083 Topics
1099132 Posts

Max Online: 788 @ 11/11/13 08:06 PM
Moon Phase
CURRENT MOON
October
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Forum Donations
The TnDeer.Com Deer Talk Forum is for Tennessee Deer Hunters by Tennessee Deer Hunters. If you enjoy using our Talk Forum and would like to contribute to help in it's up-keep. Just submit your contribution by clicking on the DONATE button below and paying with PayPal or a major credit card. Any amount is much appreciated. Thanks for your support!

TN Burn Safe

Generated in 0.096 seconds in which 0.002 seconds were spent on a total of 15 queries. Zlib compression enabled.