Tndeer Logo

Page 9 of 10 « First<678910>
Topic Options
#3136481 - 01/23/13 07:08 PM Re: What is the STRANGEST thing you have ever seen?? [Re: stik]
Poleaxe
8 Point

Loc: Etowah Tennessee

Originally Posted By: stik
 Originally Posted By: Nyper
Not something I've seen.. but heard...

About 9-10 years ago.. I guess I was 22 or 23... I had been bow hunting a farm down in Mississippi. One evening, a friend of mine wanted to go with me, but he didn't bow hunt. I hadn't been seeing anything anyway, so I didn't mind the company. We both had climbing stands. He actually climbed a tree about 15 yards from me to just "watch".

We didn't see anything... and when it got dark we started to climb down. We actually sat there past legal shooting light.. it was pitch dark when we were coming down. I got turned around in my climber and got about 4 feet down the tree. I heard something rustling in the leaves and thought it was him. I look over, and he's in his climber still too. We are both facing the same direction.. the sound is behind us and we can't see.

All the sudden we heard the most God-awful screaming sound I have ever heard. I honestly thought there was a little girl there screaming. It was LOUD. It seemed like something was 10 ft from us... It lasted about 1-2 seconds and stopped. Scared the absolutely crap out of the both of us. Then it happened again.. some more rustling in the leaves.. then we never heard a single other thing.

If I had to guess, I would say it was a drunk bobcat. It freaked us both out pretty bad.

rutting fox

Same thing happened to me when I was 10 and my dad just sat me down and walked 50yrds from me. It came in and before daylight 10feet away. I left my gun at the tree and ran to the truck and locked the doors. Dad said it was a peacock. Lol

#3136695 - 01/23/13 10:09 PM Re: What is the STRANGEST thing you have ever seen?? [Re: Poleaxe]
LIL JOKER
14 Point

Loc: tennessee

My first morn hunt at LBL..i climbed up my tree and seen this bright light coming down a ridge to my left it kept getting closer and closer ..i started whistleing and it stopped ,then finally yelled hey over here and flashed my light it stopped again ,then started going again finally when it got to the water i figured ok now u will stop but it kept going.. i seen the light float out over the water...i hunted until about 8 and got down and went the way the light came from and sure enough about 2 ridges or so over there was a grave yard..i have never set foot in that general area again..
#3137041 - 01/24/13 09:03 AM Re: What is the STRANGEST thing you have ever seen?? [Re: LIL JOKER]
Crow Terminator
TnDeer Old Timer
14 Point

Loc: McMinn County

I almost hesitate to tell about this because people think I am crazy or just making it up. I honestly don't know what it was myself and it still kinda gets to me when I think about it.

My wife and I had been married just a few years. I was working 3rd shift and she was on day shift...I would normally be in bed sleeping when she got home from work...she would try to sneak in the bedroom and change out of her work clothes and not wake me up in the process...and more often than once, I have woke up just to see her standing there watching me sleep. At any rate, one day I was laying there and had slept pretty good and I thought I heard her come in the house and into the bedroom...in the door and such. It was just like she was home. I looked up to where she normally would stand to change clothes...and saw her standing there. I said "hey...how was your day" and she never responded...at this point I begin to raise up to see if maybe she is upset or something...and BAM...she just kind of disappeared in thin air. I look at my alarm clock and it was still early in the afternoon...several hours away from the time she was due home. I still to this day don't know what in the world that was. I know I wasn't dreaming it. Something was there in that room. I don't believe in ghosts but that one I just can't explain. I didn't even tell her about it after she got home because I was afraid it would scare her...since she already didn't like being home at night by herself when I was gone to work.

Then one day I was sitting on the couch reading a book and my wife was in the bathroom taking a shower. She is not one of those shower singers...but I'm sitting there reading and I hear her start talking in there. Next thing I know, she is yelling at me. I go in there and she asks me "where did you go? I was just talking to you and then you got all quiet and left me in here by myself". I said "hun...I've been in the living room the whole time reading my book". She argued with me for about 10 mins, thinking I had came in there and stood while she was talking and then just walked out without saying anything. It was then I told her about my evening encounter.

#3137086 - 01/24/13 09:29 AM Re: What is the STRANGEST thing you have ever seen?? [Re: Crow Terminator]
Coach
16 Point

Loc: Pall Mall, TN and Dexter, MI

^^^^^^^^
You're traveling to another dimension...a dimension not only of sight and sound but of mind...a journey into a wondrous land whose boundaries are that of imagination. Your next stop: The Twilight Zone

Dean Business Supply, Llc

http://www.adam4d.com

#3137164 - 01/24/13 10:03 AM Re: What is the STRANGEST thing you have ever seen?? [Re: Coach]
Crow Terminator
TnDeer Old Timer
14 Point

Loc: McMinn County

Oh I got another one for the wall of weird too.

How many of you remember me telling about my brother inlaw's gun discharge incident Christmas 2011? For those that weren't around...brother inlaw had a gun that was only firing shells about 2 out of 5 times of pulling the trigger. He wanted me to look at it. He worked the bolt back on it and I look in there...notice it had a lot of fouling on the bolt itself. My suggestion was that he needed to clean the thing...that maybe the firing pin wasn't moving forward far enough to hit the primer. There wasn't any shells down in the magazine area of the gun...and when we put the bolt back in the gun, it didn't push anything forward. So he had some trigger work done on the gun and wanted to show me how light of a trigger it now had. He holds the gun horizontal and pointed down the hall of his trailer. He slowly squeezes the trigger so I can hear the snap of the gun. But snap it didn't do...instead a deafening roar of a 7mm Rem Mag was heard and smoke and sheet rock debris and stuff filled the air. I couldn't hear anything but ringing. Well by a miracle, nobody was hurt...despite the gun muzzle being pointed in the direction of where the other family members were sitting in the living room. We couldn't figure out where the bullet went...til we happened to look up...that bullet had went through the ceiling...at a crazy 45* angle or so from where the muzzle was pointing. Had it went straight it would have went through the walls of the house and could have hit one of several folks in the living room...or came darn close. Instead it was like something knocked that bullet upwards as soon as it left the gun barrel. It left a nice hole in his roof...thankfully that's the only casualty that night...besides a few pairs of underwear that had to be thrown away. Hahah. The only thing we can figure is that his bolt was so dirty that it wasn't even grabbing hold of shells to eject them...and that it had left one in the chamber, despite us working the bolt back and taking it out. Every time we go over there I look up at that patched hole in the ceiling and run like Forrest Gump when I see him getting out a firearm.

#3137189 - 01/24/13 10:18 AM Re: What is the STRANGEST thing you have ever seen?? [Re: plinker22]
Grizzly Johnson
Team Grizzly
16 Point

Loc: Tennessee

Originally Posted By: plinker22
 Originally Posted By: farmin68
...please tell him to keep ol' farmin68 in his prayers! He definitely seems to be in touch.

Great story. Ol'plink appreciates prayers. I would be honored to have your Daddy remember me as well.

The campfire story would be wonderful as well.

x4

#3137196 - 01/24/13 10:23 AM Re: What is the STRANGEST thing you have ever seen?? [Re: Grizzly Johnson]
Coach
16 Point

You guys should tell some of these around the fire at the Vous!

#3137230 - 01/24/13 10:51 AM Re: What is the STRANGEST thing you have ever seen?? [Re: Coach]
Grizzly Johnson
Team Grizzly
16 Point

Loc: Tennessee

Originally Posted By: Coach
3) I was trout fishing once wading in a creek with the water up around my waist...and a water moccasin came swimming right at me. It opened it's mouth and I saw white so immediately I'm thinking cottonmouth.

Down here in Tennessee, those are the same snake Coach....

#3137238 - 01/24/13 10:55 AM Re: What is the STRANGEST thing you have ever seen?? [Re: Grizzly Johnson]
Coach
16 Point

Originally Posted By: Grizzly Johnson
 Originally Posted By: Coach
3) I was trout fishing once wading in a creek with the water up around my waist...and a water moccasin came swimming right at me. It opened it's mouth and I saw white so immediately I'm thinking cottonmouth.

Down here in Tennessee, those are the same snake Coach....

Really? We always called a water snake a moccasin and the poisonous ones cottonmouth. Also, down in TN a dry land fish is a dang mushroom Griz! haha

#3137250 - 01/24/13 11:02 AM Re: What is the STRANGEST thing you have ever seen?? [Re: GRAMPS]
NICHOLS3
10 Point

Loc: knoxville

Originally Posted By: GRAMPS
I was bass fishing one night on Cherokee Lake when I was in my mid-twenties. About 4:00 am, I looked up and saw something moving very slowly threw the sky flying from West to East. It had green light all around it. It was flying so low, it was moving around to miss tall tree tops. I thought, man that plan is flying very low. I then realized it had not made a sound and was not a plane!I still think about that night anytime I am out fishing at night.

And no, I was not drinking or using drugs.

No Lie I remember my uncle telling me the same story, that he saw something in they sky that wasnt a plane on Cherokee lake this had to of been about 30-40 years ago if not longer.

Page 9 of 10 « First<678910>

Moderator:  RUGER, Unicam, gtk, Tennessee Todd, Lakeland Charlie, Cuttin Caller, CBU93, stretch, TurkeyBurd, MAN, Bobby G, Kimber45, Crappie Luck 
Hop to:
Top Posters
RUGER
Deer Assassin
BSK
Crappie Luck
spitndrum
Newest Members
yarddawg54, schiesser, bigdoc, Bggamehunter, willy2763
13605 Registered Users
Who's Online
5 registered (Nooga Hunter, jdtf, RAFI, FrontierGander, Nimrod777) and 64 anonymous users online.
Forum Stats
13605 Members
43 Forums
100233 Topics
1180122 Posts

Max Online: 788 @ 11/11/13 08:06 PM
Moon Phase
CURRENT MOON
December
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30 31
Forum Donations
The TnDeer.Com Deer Talk Forum is for Tennessee Deer Hunters by Tennessee Deer Hunters. If you enjoy using our Talk Forum and would like to contribute to help in it's up-keep. Just submit your contribution by clicking on the DONATE button below and paying with PayPal or a major credit card. Any amount is much appreciated. Thanks for your support!

TN Burn Safe

Generated in 0.008 seconds in which 0.002 seconds were spent on a total of 15 queries. Zlib compression enabled.