Tndeer Logo

Page 2 of 3 <123>
Topic Options
#3137130 - 01/24/13 09:47 AM Re: Yobuma's taxes that went into effect Jan 1 [Re: jb3]
Wes Parrish
16 Point

Loc: Knoxville-Dover-Union City, TN

Originally Posted By: jb3
Everyone got a raise when Bush was in office, but now we're going back to where we were before.

No, TAXES are much higher than ever before.

Have your property taxes increased over the past decade? Sales taxes? Phone service taxes? New types of taxes being conceived daily?

Not to mention, the largest tax increase in history is just beginning: The hidden taxes within ObamaCare, which even includes a hefty new national "sales" tax on real estate.

#3137138 - 01/24/13 09:49 AM Re: Yobuma's taxes that went into effect Jan 1 [Re: Wes Parrish]
Kimber45 Moderator
Peace Maker
16 Point

Loc: Close to Jackson, TN

Originally Posted By: Wes Parrish
 Originally Posted By: jb3
Everyone got a raise when Bush was in office, but now we're going back to where we were before.

No, TAXES are much higher than ever before.

Have your property taxes increased over the past decade? Sales taxes? Phone service taxes?

Not to mention, the largest tax increase in history is just beginning: The hidden taxes within ObamaCare, which even includes a hefty new national "sales" tax on real estate.

Surely we are all smart enough to understand that obummers giveaways have to be funded with real $.. Any you can charge the business owners if you'd like, however they'll only operate with less overhead and pass the increases off to what they sell - that we buy.

#3137190 - 01/24/13 10:19 AM Re: Yobuma's taxes that went into effect Jan 1 [Re: Wes Parrish]
Wes Parrish
16 Point

While we're on the subject of most people being mostly clueless about all the taxes they're paying . . . . . . .

Many years ago in Tennessee, many careers that were considered to be "professional" were "chosen" to be required to have "licenses". The list of these "professional" careers is long, but includes such as physicians, dentists, real estate brokers, accountants, investment advisers, engineers, veterinarians, optometrists, the list goes on and on.

But back in the 1990's, Tennessee became creative with another way to raise taxes on most Tennesseans via laundering the tax thru these professions in creating the Tennessee Professional Privilege Tax.

"Professonal Privilege Tax?"
Now just WHAT is that? Most people have never heard of it, yet they are indirectly paying for it?

It is in fact part of why it now costs more to go to the doctor.

The "professional privilege tax" is levied on the privilege of having an active license to practice certain professions.

Did you get that? Does that sound bizarre?
What's coming next, a "privilege" tax for your TN Drivers' License (as it is a "privilege" to have a driver's license)?

A couple decades ago, a dentist had to have a "license" to be engaged in dentistry in TN. Still do today. But today, they are "levied" another tax on the "privilege" of their having a dental license.

But it gets worse.
In many cases the "privilege" tax cost more money than the cost of the license on which it is levied.

This is but one example of an "embedded" tax that is passed on to the end-user consumer of the services, which is typically just your average Middle Class American taking his dog to the vet or himself to the doctor. The tax is added into the bill.

#3137201 - 01/24/13 10:27 AM Re: Yobuma's taxes that went into effect Jan 1 [Re: Kimber45]
PalsPal
8 Point

Loc: TN

There have been no new Federal Income tax increases (yet) on any one, other than the top end (+$400k/yr).

The only change has been the 2% social security increase which was restored to its original amount. It began 2 yrs ago. Bush had nothing to do with it.

So, if someone got a 2% raise, then the increase netted out to a wash.

#3137207 - 01/24/13 10:30 AM Re: Yobuma's taxes that went into effect Jan 1 [Re: PalsPal]
Wes Parrish
16 Point

Originally Posted By: PalsPal

Meanwhile, the cost of my health insurance has about doubled in the past 4 years. Is that a "wash"?

And I expect my health insurance cost to continue to rise even faster in large part because of ObamaCare.

Personally, I don't know too many people that have gotten a 2% raise, although I do know quite a few who have been laid off from their jobs. I guess if the Obama Economy has taken it's toll on your company, you get laid off, then Obama has cut your taxes?

#3137211 - 01/24/13 10:37 AM Re: Yobuma's taxes that went into effect Jan 1 [Re: Wes Parrish]
PalsPal
8 Point

Loc: TN

What are you talking about?

The OP dealt with FEDERAL INCOME TAXES lol !

#3137214 - 01/24/13 10:39 AM Re: Yobuma's taxes that went into effect Jan 1 [Re: PalsPal]
Wes Parrish
16 Point

There have been no new Federal Income tax increases (yet) . . . . .

And THIS is a big part of how the Obama administration is pulling the wool over the eyes of most Americans.

Again, a tax is a tax, regardless of whether it is levied on our incomes, our property, or the fact the we breath air and they decide to tax the air we breath.

Our taxes have gone up dramatically, albeit many people's "income" taxes have in fact gone down, since less tax is owed when one makes less income because of the poor economy.

What am I talking about?
Some seem to be placing the focus on income taxes rather than taxes and/or saying a particular payroll tax isn't a part of our income tax system just because it's separately accounted. Put it this way, if you had no income you had no payroll taxes of any descript. But if you live and breath, either you and/or others are paying a myriad of increasing taxes on your behalf.

#3137231 - 01/24/13 10:52 AM Re: Yobuma's taxes that went into effect Jan 1 [Re: Wes Parrish]
Vermin93
12 Point

Loc: Dallas, TX & Signal Mtn, TN

Wait - you mean Americans are actually going to have to pay more for Social Security, Medicaid, Medicare, Obamacare, defense spending and the countless other things our wonderful federal government spends way too much money on? I thought the rich people were going to pay for all that stuff?

If you do not support reforming the Social Security program in ways that will negatively impact you and your family (i.e. reducing Social Security payments, raising the retirement age, taxing income above $113,700), then you really can't complain about the Social Security tax withholding going back to where it was.

#3137242 - 01/24/13 10:58 AM Re: Yobuma's taxes that went into effect Jan 1 [Re: PalsPal]
muddyboots
12 Point

Loc: savannah, tn., usa

There have been no new Federal Income tax increases (yet) on any one, other than the top end (+$400k/yr).

The only change has been the 2% social security increase which was restored to its original amount. It began 2 yrs ago. Bush had nothing to do with it.

Incorrect! I do payroll and i know Income taxes went up 2 percent at the beginning of 2011 but they were hid with a 2 percent deduction in social security tax until after election. So in 2012 ss tax returned to normal and there ya have an income tax rise.

#3137254 - 01/24/13 11:06 AM Re: Yobuma's taxes that went into effect Jan 1 [Re: PalsPal]
Wildcat
Non-Typical

Loc: Western Ky.

Listen to Wes, he's a financial and estate advisor. He is listen on the TnDeer home page in the advertiser index at the bottom. the guy knows what he's talking about.

Page 2 of 3 <123>

Moderator:  RUGER, Unicam, gtk, Tennessee Todd, Lakeland Charlie, Cuttin Caller, CBU93, stretch, TurkeyBurd, MAN, Bobby G, Kimber45, Crappie Luck 
Hop to:
Top Posters
RUGER
Deer Assassin
BSK
Crappie Luck
spitndrum
Newest Members
JPG3, red arrow, ICUFLY, east_tn_gk, cruiser sailor
13210 Registered Users
Who's Online
146 registered (Andy S., TNTomtaker01, cbhunter, Dirt nap, RKenney, BuckDropper, 17 invisible) and 154 anonymous users online.
Forum Stats
13210 Members
42 Forums
91620 Topics
1070856 Posts

Max Online: 788 @ 11/11/13 08:06 PM
Moon Phase
CURRENT MOON
August
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Forum Donations
The TnDeer.Com Deer Talk Forum is for Tennessee Deer Hunters by Tennessee Deer Hunters. If you enjoy using our Talk Forum and would like to contribute to help in it's up-keep. Just submit your contribution by clicking on the DONATE button below and paying with PayPal or a major credit card. Any amount is much appreciated. Thanks for your support!

TN Burn Safe

Generated in 0.087 seconds in which 0.001 seconds were spent on a total of 15 queries. Zlib compression enabled.