Tndeer Logo

Page 2 of 3 <123>
Topic Options
#3136757 - 01/24/13 12:22 AM Re: The emasculation of the U.S. military... [Re: Bambi Buster]
Bambi Buster
14 Point

Loc: Middle Tennessee

Further input from another who's been there/done that.

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424...ections_opinion

#3136763 - 01/24/13 12:51 AM Re: The emasculation of the U.S. military... [Re: Bambi Buster]
Fence Post
TnDeer Old Timer
10 Point

Loc: Bluff City,Tn. USA

Bambi, I'm at work and unable to do the research on my question. Could you answer? Is it a current "law" passed by the US Congress that women may not serve in primary combat positions? If so, how can Leon Paneta just decide to make a change without Congressional intervention. Also,do you think that these thousands of new open positions will be used as "jobs created" to pad the O's unemployment numbers?

#3136944 - 01/24/13 07:47 AM Re: The emasculation of the U.S. military... [Re: Fence Post]
Redfred16
8 Point

Loc: Hartland, WI

Here's the problem with it. It's not if women can or can't for the most part. It's an added burden to an already stressed combat leader. Now on top of worrying about training, logisitcs, missions, ect. He has to worry if PFC Jones is dating SPC Smith. Or if SGT White and SGT Black are dropping the soap for each other. Then god forbid there should be in combat with girlfriends and boyfriends, husbands and wives, boyfriends and boyfriends, girlfriends and girlfriends all fighting beside each other and someone gets killed. You've not effectively taken 2 out of action with 1 casualty. And yes, despite what rules end up in place, this will happen. Even the rules they put to "ensure" this doesn't happen will be altered by some court because it is "unfair" to them. This all creates more stress for the soldiers and the leaders, of course the politicans don't care about the guys in the field, just as long as they can rack up political points.

Then we will end up with women claiming discrimination because not enough of them are in combat arms, so they will have to lower the physical standards. Just like we've seen with affirmative action and thier wrriten tests.

This is the left's way of destroying the military.

"Recon Ready"
Airborne and Air Assault Blood Wings Worn Here

#3137001 - 01/24/13 08:30 AM Re: The emasculation of the U.S. military... [Re: Redfred16]
44fanatic
12 Point

Loc: Clarksville, Montgomery Cnty

Good points below...Most women can't. Their body is smaller and is designed differently. The female heart is 25% smaller and their bones are not as heavy or sturdy. Load up a woman with 40lbs of body armor and 50lbs of patrol equipment and have her move for a month with an infantry unit, most will soon have stress fractures and hip problems. The stress fractures (lower leg) will be a result of the additional weight and the hip problems will be a result of the lengthed stride to keep up. As a former Army Drill Sergeant in AIT and Master Fitness Trainer, I saw more shin and hip problems from the females than I ever did from the males coming out of basic training. When males had the stress fractures, they were usually the result of poor shoe selection. These injuries took months to heal. As for the written tests, those will not change in the military.

What I do not want to see is a lowering of the physical standards for women in combat MOS's. Increase the female physical fitness standards to that of a male, not lower the male standards. If she cant stay up with the infantry squad during normal training, then reclass her to a support MOS, not move her to the company orderly room (EO suit waiting to happen).

Originally Posted By: Redfred16
Here's the problem with it. It's not if women can or can't for the most part. It's an added burden to an already stressed combat leader. Now on top of worrying about training, logisitcs, missions, ect. He has to worry if PFC Jones is dating SPC Smith. Or if SGT White and SGT Black are dropping the soap for each other. Then god forbid there should be in combat with girlfriends and boyfriends, husbands and wives, boyfriends and boyfriends, girlfriends and girlfriends all fighting beside each other and someone gets killed. You've not effectively taken 2 out of action with 1 casualty. And yes, despite what rules end up in place, this will happen. Even the rules they put to "ensure" this doesn't happen will be altered by some court because it is "unfair" to them. This all creates more stress for the soldiers and the leaders, of course the politicans don't care about the guys in the field, just as long as they can rack up political points.

Then we will end up with women claiming discrimination because not enough of them are in combat arms, so they will have to lower the physical standards. Just like we've seen with affirmative action and thier wrriten tests.

This is the left's way of destroying the military.

Edited by 44fanatic (01/24/13 08:31 AM)

#3137053 - 01/24/13 09:09 AM Re: The emasculation of the U.S. military... [Re: FLTENNHUNTER1]
Pic IN the Casa
14 Point

Loc: TN

Originally Posted By: FLTENNHUNTER1
I just don't understand the logic behind this at all. I have not served in the Armed Forces so I will withhold my comments except for this one. If you can't kick my [censored] in hand to hand combat I sure the hell do not want you fighting next to me or watching my back.

You just said it. Liberals have NO logic.

#3137064 - 01/24/13 09:20 AM Re: The emasculation of the U.S. military... [Re: Pic IN the Casa]
AndyW
10 Point

Loc: Allardt, TN

If memory serves, I believe Bambi Buster posted this video several months ago. Worth a repeat.

Former Commandant of the Marine Corps Gen Robt H Barrow speaks in 1991 about women in combat:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fy--whDNNKk

#3137115 - 01/24/13 09:42 AM Re: The emasculation of the U.S. military... [Re: AndyW]
Crappie Luck Moderator
Non-Typical

Loc: Smith Co.

Congratulations America.

You will now be registering your daughters for selective service.

It's coming. WWIII and they WILL be drafted. Progressives' pacifist and damaging polices are setting us up for a world war against a radical middle east, possibly against China and Russia on a 2nd front.

#3137199 - 01/24/13 10:24 AM Re: The emasculation of the U.S. military... [Re: Crappie Luck]
Pic IN the Casa
14 Point

Loc: TN

And nothing the muslims would like more than to lop off the heads of women fighting against them.

#3137203 - 01/24/13 10:29 AM Re: The emasculation of the U.S. military... [Re: Pic IN the Casa]
Crappie Luck Moderator
Non-Typical

Loc: Smith Co.

You can bank on the fact that the first few they capture will be the most promoted public executions and/or hostage negotiations in history.

They'll demand and we will cave. Our long history of not negotiating with terrorists will be over when it's a 18-19 year old, crying daughter of east coast liberal.

#3137376 - 01/24/13 12:05 PM Re: The emasculation of the U.S. military... [Re: Fence Post]
Bambi Buster
14 Point

Loc: Middle Tennessee

Originally Posted By: Fence Post
Bambi, I'm at work and unable to do the research on my question. Could you answer? Is it a current "law" passed by the US Congress that women may not serve in primary combat positions? If so, how can Leon Paneta just decide to make a change without Congressional intervention. Also,do you think that these thousands of new open positions will be used as "jobs created" to pad the O's unemployment numbers?

Best as I can determine, most such laws were repealed in the 1990's. At present, the law only requires that the Secretary of Defense notify Congress of changes to DOD policy regarding women in combat roles. More at link if you wish to wade through it.
http://www.fas.org/sgp/crs/natsec/R42075.pdf

Page 2 of 3 <123>

Moderator:  Crappie Luck, Tennessee Todd, RUGER, Unicam, stretch, Cuttin Caller, Bobby G, Kimber45 
Hop to:
Top Posters
RUGER
Deer Assassin
BSK
Crappie Luck
spitndrum
Newest Members
JPG3, red arrow, ICUFLY, east_tn_gk, cruiser sailor
13210 Registered Users
Who's Online
5 registered (BamaProud, dhj, stik, LIL JOKER, 1 invisible) and 47 anonymous users online.
Forum Stats
13210 Members
42 Forums
91719 Topics
1071926 Posts

Max Online: 788 @ 11/11/13 08:06 PM
Moon Phase
CURRENT MOON
September
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Forum Donations
The TnDeer.Com Deer Talk Forum is for Tennessee Deer Hunters by Tennessee Deer Hunters. If you enjoy using our Talk Forum and would like to contribute to help in it's up-keep. Just submit your contribution by clicking on the DONATE button below and paying with PayPal or a major credit card. Any amount is much appreciated. Thanks for your support!

TN Burn Safe

Generated in 0.085 seconds in which 0.001 seconds were spent on a total of 15 queries. Zlib compression enabled.